PDA

View Full Version : Anodize Question?

mbrown2
08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Simple question, but I am working on a project and I can only find one of the parts in Yellow Anodize, but I need red...is it pretty to just have someone re-anodize, or is it going to be a hassle?

BADASS38CHEVY
08-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey, just took my battery boxes to Alumin-Art in Ontario yesterday.Ive see some of there work very nice.So if you need someone try giving them a call. (909) 983-1856 ask for Jerry.Also does powder coating.

Biglue
08-12-2005, 11:00 AM
YOu can strip and reanodize them. Where you located?

Krumbsnatcher
08-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Simple question, but I am working on a project and I can only find one of the parts in Yellow Anodize, but I need red...is it pretty to just have someone re-anodize, or is it going to be a hassle?
The process you guys are talking about is called Bright Dip Annodizing. You see these colors on Hose Fittings etc., The most popular colors are RED, BLUE, GOLD, PINK and Clear Anno.
Several shops can perform this process, we use anaheim precision plating for all our needs for our backing rings. They also do all types of metal processes including the bright dip annodizing.
good luck..

mbrown2
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
YOu can strip and reanodize them. Where you located?
I am in the Simi Valley, CA area....need it anodized since it came that way in the late 70's/early 80's....but the stuff is hard to find, so I want to strip the yellow and turn them to red...

funnycarmike
08-12-2005, 04:07 PM
We use aerodynamic plating in gardena. Their anodizing always looks great and always on time. We have used them for about 15 years now. By the way, I live in Sacramento but ship everything to them because they always take care of us. Their # is 310-515-1585.