PDA

View Full Version : Bad day on the bike....

Jbb
08-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Bad day for him.......
Beware ..this vid is pretty graphic...............Bang! (http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~jbb/motorrad.wmv)

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Simple rookie mistake.....

Jbb
08-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Simple rookie mistake.....
with a bad ending....

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 06:40 PM
with a bad ending....
always with rookies, more power than brains....

ahhell
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
brake into a turn...accelerate out....
not accelerate into a wall... :mix:

Ultrafied
08-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Ouch ... he should have learned to lay it down a little faster!!

Redneck
08-13-2005, 07:55 PM
guess its like george george george of the jungle watch out for that wall

Throttle
08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
so thats what it looks like before I get there.... Klr's right on the money!

Kaos1
08-13-2005, 08:39 PM
What a pud. He should learn to ride before making a vid. That crash should have never taken place...... Thats not even a fast bike (speed had nothing to do with it). Live, hopefully, and lesson learned..........

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 08:42 PM
What a pud. He should learn to ride before making a vid. That crash should have never taken place...... Thats not even a fast bike (speed had nothing to do with it). Live, hopefully, and lesson learned..........
Really, then why did he crash?????????????????

Kaos1
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Did not know how to ride the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or better yet any street leagal bike......

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Did not know how to ride the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or better yet any street leagal bike......
That is a apparant, but speed did have something to do with it....

Kaos1
08-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Anyone that has been through a motorcycle safety course in the military or one of the many states that require a course that is comparable now days (in the states) would not make a mistake like that even if they just started riding. Well, let me correct myself :rolleyes: Should not make a mistake like that :cool:

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Anyone that has been through a motorcycle safety course in the military or one of the many states that require a course that is comparable now days (in the states) would not make a mistake like that even if they just started riding. Well, let me correct myself :rolleyes: Should not make a mistake like that :cool:
True, glad you corrected yourself with the last line, even pro's make mistakes, but not ones like that....

Kaos1
08-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Yep. I have busted my azz my fare share so I can talk :hammerhea

FASTERDAMITT
08-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Why this always happen on a Ninja? Someone should tell show him how to ride before they hit the mountain roads. Some have and other DON'T! If your in doubt get the hell off! :confused:

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Yep. I have busted my azz my fare share so I can talk :hammerhea
Post some pics I want to see them......

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Why this always happen on a Ninja? Someone should tell show him how to ride before they hit the mountain roads. Some have and other DON'T! If your in doubt get the hell off! :confused:
It actually happens about the same as Harleys....

'78 gt boat
08-13-2005, 09:29 PM
ooops. Guess he will think twice before making a cool video like that again :squiggle: :squiggle: :squiggle: :squiggle:

Throttle
08-13-2005, 09:31 PM
again, kilr is right, I concur...

JustMVG
08-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Well if your gonna crash at least have the right equiptment on, as that guy did. It looked like he started to roll on the throttle and then lost the rear, panicked and instead of looking at were he wanted to go he focused on the wall. C'mon putting your foot down to try and stop the bike!!! It also didn't look like he was going all that fast, i'd say less than 40 Mph if that, hope the guy was ok and made it out to ride another day.
MVG

lewiville
08-13-2005, 11:44 PM
truly a a bad day

CA Stu
08-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Slow
Look
Lean
Roll
Easy Peasy.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kilr for his advice. A while back he posted something about "if I could give riders one piece of advice, it would be slow down while going through an intersection".
Great observation, man, thanks!
Now let's see some more bewbies.
Thanks
CA Stu

Kilrtoy
08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Slow
Look
Lean
Roll
Easy Peasy.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kilr for his advice. A while back he posted something about "if I could give riders one piece of advice, it would be slow down while going through an intersection".
Great observation, man, thanks!
Now let's see some more bewbies.
Thanks
CA Stu
Wow you remember... two days ago I almost met the K-rail thanks to a biatch on the cell in her new mercedes....
:hammerhea :crossx: :mad:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Wow you remember... two days ago I almost met the K-rail thanks to a biatch on the cell in her new mercedes....
sure you did, next time dont leave the school yard
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/509IMG_0011.JPG

FHI-prez
08-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Well if your gonna crash at least have the right equiptment on, as that guy did. It looked like he started to roll on the throttle and then lost the rear, panicked and instead of looking at were he wanted to go he focused on the wall. C'mon putting your foot down to try and stop the bike!!! It also didn't look like he was going all that fast, i'd say less than 40 Mph if that, hope the guy was ok and made it out to ride another day.
MVG
It kinda looks like that, but that's not what happened. No way would he have the power to break the back tire loose, he wasn't leaning near enough for that, nor does that bike have that kind of power. He did the most common mistake for new riders. He got scared and hit the back brake (maybe the front too). Anyone that knows how to ride knows that if you hit the brakes in a corner it will stand you straight up and you go right out of the corner. By the way he was riding he was deffinately a dirt biker. Used the back brake, and put his foot down. He had no business on a street bike without learning how to ride first. I have to admit, that vid made me laugh real hard. I've seen people do some funny stuff to scratch up their knee sliders before, but that is a bit extreme :p

Havasu Hangin'
08-14-2005, 05:59 AM
He got scared and hit the back brake (maybe the front too).
Looks to me like he hit a wrong gear, and when he let the clutch out, it straightened him up...
...but what do I know.

1stepcloser
08-14-2005, 06:02 AM
But what do I know.
Stick to what you know.... damn internet wire jockey's.... :mad:

Havasu Hangin'
08-14-2005, 06:24 AM
Stick to what you know.... damn internet wire jockey's.... :mad:
And don't forget "journeyman" too...
...I think I get paid more if I am a "journeyman".
:D

wsuwrhr
08-14-2005, 07:01 AM
That was funny. I hate crashing.
Looks like he downshifted by the way the tire bucked. Lucky he didn't catapault over the bridge.
Brian

Dusty Times
08-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Did you give her a big fat ticket? Or just a good chewing? :argue:

Wet Dream
08-14-2005, 10:08 AM
ooops. Guess he will think twice before making a cool video like that again :squiggle: :squiggle: :squiggle: :squiggle:What the **** is up with some of these lame ass comments in here? Don't blame the damn videographer, he had nothing to do with the twist of the throttle or the lack of leaning into a turn or successful braking.

CA Stu
08-14-2005, 11:54 PM
If Mike Tyson told me how to hit someone, I'd remember that, too.
I always appreciate a pointer from the professionals / Old geezers.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS More ta-tas, please.

Kilrtoy
08-15-2005, 12:01 AM
No way would he have the power to break the back tire loose, he wasn't leaning near enough for that, nor does that bike have that kind of power. He did the most common mistake for new riders. He got scared and hit the back brake (maybe the front too). e:
I disagree, he broke the rear lose, we dont know the weather conditions,road condtions and remember you ride on the center of the tire, not the side, so how ever slight of a lean it was it was on a cold tire with the acceleration that he did, caused him to almost high side when he let off the gas, NOT THE BRAKE. He did panic

CA Stu
08-15-2005, 12:04 AM
I disagree, he broke the rear lose, we dont know the weather conditions,road condtions and remember you ride on the center of the tire, not the side, so how ever slight of a lean it was it was on a cold tire with the acceleration that he did, caused him to almost high side when he let off the gas, NOT THE BRAKE. He did panic
Dummy never learned how to countersteer or whack the throttle at the first sign of trouble.
May not save you, but it'll sure end the suspense!
Cheers
CA Stu

Unforgiven
08-15-2005, 07:11 AM
yea I've seen quite a few "harley riders" go down...got the money for the big bike but ain't got the brains to ride one...

wsuwrhr
08-15-2005, 09:16 AM
or whack the throttle at the first sign of trouble.
May not save you, but it'll sure end the suspense!
Cheers
CA Stu
Now that is some funny shit.
Very true sir, on both accounts
Brian

Kaos1
08-15-2005, 05:00 PM
yea I've seen quite a few "harley riders" go down...got the money for the big bike but ain't got the brains to ride one...
I have seen a few of those harley types go down too. Even while still in the parking lot!! !!LOL!! No joke...

Nord
08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
He stubbed his toe literally, thats what made the bike jump!!!

FHI-prez
08-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, what do I know....I've just raced motorcycles for the last 10 years. :sleeping: The BMX 'ers and the dirt guys first instinct is to hit the back brake and put their foot down. But I'm sure you're right, he accelerated into the corner then downshifted ;) or broke the tire loose with all that power/poor road conditions. :D Maybe you should buy my track tires off me since you only ride on the center of the tire, You could get a lot of mileage out of the tires I throw away. The centers are almost like new, the edges don't look so hot tho :idea:

Kaos1
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
LOL! I am new here and I am not trying to make any enimies but I like FHI's opinion. People that do not ride hard and put safety first before fun (nothing wrong with that by the way, you will prob outlive us) have a different perspective than we do. The guy in the vid had safety in mind, based on the way he was geared up, but sh-t happens. All the safety gear in the world does not make up for lack of experience... Oh, my point that I was going to make was about the center of the tire comment. On sportbikes that is only for burnouts!!!

Kilrtoy
08-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, what do I know....I've just raced motorcycles for the last 10 years. :sleeping: The BMX 'ers and the dirt guys first instinct is to hit the back brake and put their foot down. But I'm sure you're right, he accelerated into the corner then downshifted ;) or broke the tire loose with all that power/poor road conditions. :D Maybe you should buy my track tires off me since you only ride on the center of the tire, You could get a lot of mileage out of the tires I throw away. The centers are almost like new, the edges don't look so hot tho :idea:
Well then there you have it , the pros have spoken.....
lets get back to reality now, this guy had no clue what he was doing and when he attempted to attempt what he was doing, he ate shit... maybe your tires from laying on your side most of the time are gone, but i guarantee you, he hadent even scrubbed them yet....
look at the video again, either side could be true, but I stand by my assesment of it....AND i'm not a pro, hell I dont even know how to ride a bike....

Big Kahunaa
08-15-2005, 06:16 PM
The bike went in to speed woble and he could not put any input in on the handel bars because they were shaken.

Kilrtoy
08-15-2005, 06:18 PM
The bike went in to speed woble and he could not put any input in on the handel bars because they were shaken.
watch out don't challenge the pros' they race bikes and that makes their word , the word of the lord....AMEN brother

Kaos1
08-15-2005, 06:24 PM
:rollside: LOL :rollside:

FHI-prez
08-15-2005, 06:38 PM
watch out don't challenge the pros' they race bikes and that makes their word , the word of the lord....AMEN brother
I just watched the vid again (a couple of times mind you) and not to over analyze it, but it does look a LOT like he spun the tire up a little and lost the back like kilr said. He upstifted and did hit the throttle, so I guess it's possible. My money would be on him hitting the back brake still because I know how hard it is to get the back to break loose with such little lean angle. I guess the main reason why I maintain the back brake scenario is because he put his foot down. Can't even tell you how many times I've seen a nube hit the back brake into a turn and put his foot down, especially if he claims to have a LOT of seat time in a dirt bike. The truth is, unless you see the back lock for a second or see a little smoke come off the tire and see it spin up, it's impossible to tell from just looking at it.
I bet if this nube can still talk, and he was honest, he hit the back brake, dirt bike hollywood style.
I've had plenty of hours of seat time riding behind nubes and trying to help them get better, sometimes you can guess what they are doing sometimes you can't. Sometimes they are doing something so stupid and so unusual you just assume they couldn't possibly be doing what they are trying to do and live to tell about it.
The ironic part is that when you really grow a pair and are searching for that last 1/100 of a second on lap times, racers will "back it in" the corner which involves slightly skidding out your rear with the back brake to get a better angle of attack into the corner which alows you to carry more speed into the corner and carry more speed through it. I've yet to master this, it's unbelievably hard to do as it's so unnatural and unforgiving if you let it slide out too far. But I digress. Jason Pridmore does a "clinic" on this, and holy shit he puts it out a LOT further than I'm comfortable with. Riding behind a world class pro will make your balls shrink up into your ass :wink:

FHI-prez
08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
:rollside: LOL :rollside:
BTW Kaos, my hats off to you if you are one of those stunt riders. I could probably hand you your ass in a race, maybe maybe not, but some of the shit you guys do is wayyyyyy out of my league. Riding out a nice stand up is one thing but you guys do some sick shit that I'll never even attempt! I'll be frikkin damned if I'm gonna sit backwards on the bike and pull the front up! I admit tho, I love to watch you guys work. I'm just addicted to draggin a knee, that's enough to keep my heart pumpin.