PDA

View Full Version : XM Ant Help

LUVNLIFE
08-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I was cruising down the road in my motorhome that has XM Radio with the aux antenna, the one that looks like a black dildo. All of a sudden the sound goes out and the screen says antenna on it. I'm thinking I lost it off the top. The next time we stop everything is good. Since we have been back I have checked the connections at both the antenna and the unit, chased the line to make sure it didn't get cut, and reset the unit to factory settings. Has anyone had this prob or know of anything else to check. I have also already hooked up the portable antenna and the unit itself is fine. Any suggestions and thanks in advance. Cale :confused: :)

UltraSounds
08-15-2005, 11:47 PM
the prostetic foot, or dildo (whichever you prefer) :p usually has power and ground running to it, did you check to see if it is powered up or not???? look for the little red LED light on it

LUVNLIFE
08-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I didn't notice a red light. Where about is it located. Thanks

Jetdriver
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Pull your head out of your ass then you will see the light! :D
Whats up Cale? Need help. let me know! We can fix it!

LUVNLIFE
08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Damn hit me when I'm not looking. :D Don't know yet,it just no worky like the antenna came unplugged but the connection seems good :confused:

Jetdriver
08-18-2005, 06:21 AM
I think it would get better recption if you didnt use it as a dildo! :D

LUVNLIFE
09-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Figured I'd give this a bump. There seems to be a little more traffic here lately. Thanks

ROZ
09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
It's possible that the thin wires that make up the cable have been pinched somewhere in the cable run... I recently replaced mine for this reason... Bodyshop pinched it behind side panel after doing bodywork...

LUVNLIFE
10-10-2005, 07:52 AM
I think I'm going to change the cable. How do you disconnect it from the anttenna? I started to nnscrew it but it started twisting the cable? Any help, thanks.

BIGAMIST
10-10-2005, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=Jetdriver]Pull your head out of your ass then you will see the light! :D
Comin in a little late but I'll 2nd the motion :p :D

LUVNLIFE
10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Oh all the love :D :D

LUVNLIFE
11-22-2005, 06:21 PM
the prostetic foot, or dildo (whichever you prefer) :p usually has power and ground running to it, did you check to see if it is powered up or not???? look for the little red LED light on it
Mine doesn't have a red light on it anywhere :confused: I'm thinking of just changing the cable but don't want to if it could be something else. I couldn't see where it had been pinched but maybe it doesn't take much. Anymore help in here? Thanks again. BTW

JetBoatRich
11-23-2005, 08:58 AM
If I can remember Cale, I will bring mine to teh desert and you can hook it up for a test :idea:

LUVNLIFE
11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
That'll work. Thanks. I just made an appointment at camping world for something else and I will have them look at it if all else fails. They are the ones who installed it.