PDA

View Full Version : Boat crash @ CBBB

TeamGreene
08-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know the guy who crashed on Sat. afternoon? It happened right in front of us and we picked him up and took him to the AVI. Just wondering if he got it out.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
If you are talking about the boat that sank, they hadn't retrieved the boat by the time we left. There was too much traffic. I didn't think it was a crash, though, other than his boat crashing into a wave and busting off a sponson. Or are you talking about something else? I hope the one I heard of was the only casualty.

JetBoatRich
08-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I saw them working on the boat late in the afternoon, rumor was he took on water in the back of the boat when he hit the throttle hard :rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Then there must have been 2 incidents? The one I heard of was a (forgive my ignorance regarding hulls) a daytona or CP style that hit a wake and buried a sponson and busted it off, spinning the boat and throwing the driver out.

TeamGreene
08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Then there must have been 2 incidents? The one I heard of was a (forgive my ignorance regarding hulls) a daytona or CP style that hit a wake and buried a sponson and busted it off, spinning the boat and throwing the driver out.
Thats the one I was talking about but he didn't get thrown he jumped out right before it sank. He was holding onto a cushion and a vest (instead of wearing) when we picked him up.

superdave013
08-16-2005, 07:05 PM
I didn't think it was a crash, though, other than his boat crashing into a wave and busting off a sponson. Or are you talking about something else? I hope the one I heard of was the only casualty.
That's about as crash as crash gets other then running into someone.

HocusPocus
08-16-2005, 08:11 PM
guess i should have payed more attention.. i didn't realize what CBBB stood for. that would have been alot of fun to take my classic daycruiser to. oh well.. maybe next year.

Blow-n-Time
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm the guy who had the "minor" accident. Just want to thank everyone who helped me out! The boat is destroyed we retreived it Sunday morning around 7am from the bottom of the river. To the people who picked me up, please send me a pm, would like to talk to you.
THANKS EVERYONE!

riverbound
08-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm the guy who had the "minor" accident. Just want to thank everyone who helped me out! The boat is destroyed we retreived it Sunday morning around 7am from the bottom of the river. To the people who picked me up, please send me a pm, would like to talk to you.
THANKS EVERYONE!
good to hear you are OK...sory to hear about the boat though :frown:

TeamGreene
08-17-2005, 02:40 PM
THANKS EVERYONE!
Hi tried to pm you but it would not let me it said that you couhld not recieve pm's

Blow-n-Time
08-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Here's my email, rlkkmk@aol.com