PDA

View Full Version : Driving through the channel...

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 10:02 PM
On Saturday we went to the channel in the late afternoon after spending time at the sandbar. We had to move spots at the sandbar cuz the guy anchored next to us kept swinging in to close and not doing anything about it. It got annoying so before anything happened, we moved. No biggie. I had my Aunt and cousins on board and were having a good day. Anyway, we were entering the channel on the crazy horse side with a bunch of other boats. The was one boat just in front of me to the right, and one on my right. Well this guy in a cat was leaving the channel but seemed to be heading my way. I was at most in the center of the channel and this guy had nobody around him and had plenty of distance between him and the shore. He kept coming towards me like he was playing chicken so I had to put the brakes on. Then he starts yelling at me for taken up the channel. I am normally pretty cool but I yelled some choice words back. There was no reason to intentionally drive into me.
So I guess my point is.
What is wrong with some people? Boating is good relaxing fun. Why add the stress of being a dick?
Matt

cdog
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
You know. I've had the same experiance's going thru there lately. Havasu has a growing asshole croud. It's not what it used to be.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Your just an A-Hole!!!!!
:D

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Your just an A-Hole!!!!!
Hey! Screw you! :D

Southwest47
08-16-2005, 10:15 PM
I had a similar experience yesterday at Lake Elsinore. Mind you, this was the first time at this lake...and probably the last. Not only was a gangster convention being held, but the local crowd (non-boat owners) had no respect for my boat. I had to push away, and yell at this crowd of idiots several times to stop hanging on my anchor line and running into my boat with their stupid dinghies. They had absolutely no respect for others property. It sure did make me appreciate the crowd and atmosphere of Havasu. Oh, and one of them stole my bumper attached to my anchor line.

Creator
08-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I haven't done the Havi thing for a few years because of that crap. We have run into too many people that would rather start a fight than make room or just be curtiuos. Sounds like you were doing ok some people just don't get what boating is all about.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-16-2005, 10:17 PM
See........"A-Hole!"....... :D

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 10:27 PM
See........"A-Hole!"....... :D
What size wrench does your drain plug use? :2purples: :D

Southwest47
08-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Ahhh...you anchored at the public launch/park. Rookie. That is one of the few free areas people can go - and it really does suck. Launch at Elsinore Marina on the North west side and there is much less "trash" over there. Also, sunday is bring your white trash and gang bangers to Elsinore day. Saturday is usually much nicer.
I guess I am a rookie at Elsinore since it was my first time there...I wont take it personal. :smile: I tried the other ramp I think your talking about but it was closed due to flooding I think. I talked to the cops (cool) there and they told me to go across the lake to the cove, but I couldn't find it. O'well, I may give it another shot in a few weeks.

Phat Matt
08-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I was waiting for you to say some dick in an old Campbell cruiser...as I was at the Channel late Saturday, the first time to Havasu in a few years, and I had a few boats do that to me! I looked around and asked one guy how much of the channel he needed since I was already next to the shore...he just gave me the finger and drove on. Also had a group of boats pass me up river from the sandbar....only to all stop and basically block the river after they got in front of me and then gave me the stink eye as I negotiated their boats.
I think many of the Sea Doo owners have moved up the boating ladder.
Nope. Not an old Campbell. Usually I give everyone a nod or a wave as I drive by. This guy only deserved a finger, but only got a little verbal abuse. :supp:

upsman105
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Your just an A-Hole!!!!!
Matt I think Chris is right... :D
Just like on this board you are too wide...
I have to slide my screen over to read your whole post.
Can you do something about those pics?

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2005, 05:40 AM
What is wrong with some people? Boating is good relaxing fun. Why add the stress of being a dick?
Somebody almost hit you in the channel, and you had to throw it in reverse?
Shocking!
:notam:

Todd969
08-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Trouble maker! You were probably blasting some techno and driving sideways.

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 05:59 AM
Matt...I'll be down in your part of town Friday night...were testing in Fontana...come on down...or yea Bring your wife with you...I got something for her ;) ...(Team Integra TankTop)...get ahold of me...by the way, quit being an ass in the channel...the guy had a bigger boat than you..... :jawdrop:

boater72
08-17-2005, 06:08 AM
Matt...I'll be down in your part of town Friday night...were testing in Fontana...come on down...or yea Bring your wife with you...I got something for her ;) ...(Team Integra TankTop)...get ahold of me...by the way, quit being an ass in the channel...the guy had a bigger boat than you..... :jawdrop:
Make sure you call before making that long trip as I still have not gotton the heads back from Brad's. :rolleyes:

Riverkid
08-17-2005, 06:14 AM
The a-holes doing this crap on the water are prolly the same guys that run down the shoulder a half mile to squeeze in front of the rest of us unimportant peeps at every freeway onramp or interchange. Face it, some people are getting more and more dick-like. It's a sad progression.

Mrs.Racer277
08-17-2005, 06:50 AM
Make sure you call before making that long trip as I still have not gotton the heads back from Brad's. :rolleyes:
Let him make the trip. :wink:

atomickitn
08-17-2005, 06:57 AM
it seems that the more thease dicks get out to the river the , the bigger the dicks they become. its just to bad , there used to be a time when everybody at the river had the thought of hay what if that was me and how can i help you ,, i guess the days of helping your fellow boater out are long gone, at least for some of thouse, at least we all know that the peeps that hang together hear on hb , are still, and will allways be the best of the best,when it comes to boating, and nobody will even come close, thanks to all of you who continueualy, strive to be the better peeps, its what makes boating with all of you that much more enjoyable.... have a great day. n see you on the river ......bobby :wink:

DCBob
08-17-2005, 07:04 AM
The a-holes doing this crap on the water are prolly the same guys that run down the shoulder a half mile to squeeze in front of the rest of us unimportant peeps at every freeway onramp or interchange. Face it, some people are getting more and more dick-like. It's a sad progression.
That's happening all over :boxingguy. Even up here in Nor Cal. It started w/the roll bar boats and now has progressed. It seems like the river is the new tough guy magnet for rude inconsiderate people to go act like asses and throw their trash all over for someone else to pick up :( Did I forget to mention boomboxes :idea: I'll save that for another rant :D

BLT4SPD
08-17-2005, 07:18 AM
One more reason why i dont go to havasu any more to many people with a chip on there sholders,it's not like it use to be.who knows what the hell will happen when your up there,plus my 21' schiada would get mowed down by one of those big cats.

Riverkid
08-17-2005, 07:26 AM
You at least gonna head to Havi for the Schiada Regatta? We stay down on the strip for the same reason you mentioned...

Not So Fast
08-17-2005, 07:29 AM
I also think that "La Opinion" must be running ad specials with rooms included, at Havasu, for the purchase of PWC's. We usually drop off at the overflow to avoid the over crowded docks at Windsor so Fri as we pulled in to that area I noticed many, many lake lice parked there. so many that getting to the shore was a challenge. When we got close enough I was sure I had landed in Gangland USA, OMG, and as some of the operators (using this term loosely) were trying to manuver their craft from the shore you could tell they had "NO FREEKING CLUE" about how to ride these G.D. things much less the basic rules of the road. So now they are going to be on a crowded lake traveling at 65 mph and endangering everyone else around them. GREAT!! :mad: Did I just hijack this thread, sorry :idea: NSF

Jordy
08-17-2005, 07:31 AM
the guy had a bigger boat than you..... :jawdrop:
Sounds like the bigger than rule to me. Also, cat's ALWAYS have right away over the v-hull crew. :D :D :D

Riverkid
08-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Sounds like the bigger than rule to me. Also, cat's ALWAYS have right away over the v-hull crew. :D :D :D
Does that still apply to cats being towed by sailboats?
:D :D :D

BLT4SPD
08-17-2005, 07:35 AM
sorry jordy it's a RIVER TUNNEL.bigger does not always mean faster

Jordy
08-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Does that still apply to cats being towed by sailboats?
:D :D :D
Sailboats, under sail, always have the right of way, so yes. :D
I was never towed by a sailboat though, just beat by one. ;)

BLT4SPD
08-17-2005, 07:41 AM
riverkid, was the regatta sometime near the end of summer.do you think lee has enough energy to put a good time together.i would like to go if the timing is right,and yes i would stay down in parker where the people have more teeth in there pocket than they have in there mouth

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Somebody almost hit you in the channel, and you had to throw it in reverse?
Shocking!
:notam:
I was waiting for you to chime in. :notam: This guy was intentional though.

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Matt I think Chris is right... :D
Just like on this board you are too wide...
I have to slide my screen over to read your whole post.
Can you do something about those pics?
Get a bigger monitor. This is my thread! ;)

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Trouble maker! You were probably blasting some techno and driving sideways.
Ha! Were you following me? :2purples: :D

LHC30Victory
08-17-2005, 07:57 AM
iat least we all know that the peeps that hang together hear on hb , are still, and will allways be the best of the best,when it comes to boating, and nobody will even come close, thanks to all of you who continueualy, strive to be the better peeps, its what makes boating with all of you that much more enjoyable.... have a great day. n see you on the river ......bobby :wink:
Cant agree with ya more. There are still a large amount of good peeps on the lakes/river - its just like everywhere else where the noisy, out of control idiots get the larger share of attention.

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Yes he did have a bigger boat. It's was probably a 28. Friday night we will be either going to Havi or Vegas, don't know which one yet. :(

Ion
08-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Matt
Plain & simple...some people can't handle their liquor. At moments like this (we've all had them), one finds themselves wondering: "where's a boatcop when you need them"?

Jordy
08-17-2005, 08:00 AM
Plain & simple...some people can't handle their liquor.
You really think that's the answer to everything? I've seen lots of stupid assholes out on the water first thing in the morning too, think they were drunk? :rolleyes: :D

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Sweet! I guess I'll get to do it pretty soon then. :hammerhea :D

Jordy
08-17-2005, 08:04 AM
Sweet! I guess I'll get to do it pretty soon then. :hammerhea :D
Exactly. I was merely pointing out that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Oh, but outboard cats have right of way over the other cats, regardless of size. :D ;) :D

Ion
08-17-2005, 08:08 AM
You really think that's the answer to everything? I've seen lots of stupid assholes out on the water first thing in the morning too, think they were drunk? :rolleyes: :D
Not everything :rolleyes:, just examples where people in expensive boats risk damaging them, themselves and others. Do you really think sober people act this way? Every time some douchebag does this, or something similar, they have been gassed! I've spent more time on this lake than most, cuz I live here, and have witnessed many situations like the one described in this thread and not once has the out-of-control boater acted sober.
Of course, there really are naturally stupid people on the water, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the time alcohol was believed to be involved.

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 08:09 AM
Exactly. I was merely pointing out that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Oh, but outboard cats have right of way over the other cats, regardless of size. :D ;) :D
What if I hook up one of these?
http://www.dimensionepesca.com/images/endura.jpg

Jordy
08-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Not everything :rolleyes:, just examples where people in expensive boats risk damaging them, themselves and others. Do you really think sober people act this way? Every time some douchebag does this, or something similar, they have been gassed! I've spent more time on this lake than most, cuz I live here, and have witnessed many situations like the one described in this thread and not once has the out-of-control boater acted sober.
Of course, there really are naturally stupid people on the water, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the time alcohol was believed to be involved.
Anytime something is offered up as "every time" and "not once" as examples you have to question it. I'm willing to bet there are many more stupid people with good credit and the ability to buy a nice boat but fail to take any kind of boating safety class out there pulling this stuff than people that behave that way because they're "gassed" as you put it. I know that alcohol is a factor in lots of the incidents and accidents out on the lake, but at the same time, I'd argue that a lack of knowlege/training/education figure in there as well. Some guy driving down the middle of the channel is probably doing it because he doesn't know any better not because he's hammered. But that's just my $.02 and I'm done with it now. ;)
What if I hook up one of these?
http://www.dimensionepesca.com/images/endura.jpg
That would be sweet, especially for low speed docking. :D :D :D

Billy Heinlein
08-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I love this site I can relate to most of the threads and love the interaction that goes on. But in regards to Havasu not being what it once was, I can attest to that, not to date myself but my family was going to Havasu before the bridge was put in. And in those days (damm now I sound really old) boaters were the nicest people in the world, would do anything they could to help you out.
Today it’s a real mixed crowd, those great people are still there but they are trying not to get beat up or pissed on by the new ruff and ready crowd. There are a lot of people going to Havasu looking for action, they want to create a scene, and they have no idea how to have a good time with out playing gangbanger. They are there to show everyone how macho they are and if you’re in the way, look out.
I am sad that things have changed so much, but running only lets the A**holes win. We have to find a way to reclaim the lake if this means carry cell phones and making the boat-cops write tickets for something else other then have loud exhaust then so be it. Sorry for the long reply it one thing that gets me going, we have to make the cops clean up the lake they have to take responsibility for letting it get as bad as it is and need to set priorities to get the a**holes off the lake. :idea:

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Kurt says he'll get them by friday...looks like we'll be wrenching friday night :( ..oh but wait...I just do the clutch now.. :)

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 09:42 AM
speaking of cats...is yours ready??

Jordy
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
speaking of cats...is yours ready??
Supposed to be working on it right now. They couldn't figure it out on Friday so they're tearing into it more today. Hopefully soon as I'm having withdrawls. :redface: :squiggle: :D

meaniam
08-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I love this site I can relate to most of the threads and love the interaction that goes on. But in regards to Havasu not being what it once was, I can attest to that, not to date myself but my family was going to Havasu before the bridge was put in. And in those days (damm now I sound really old) boaters were the nicest people in the world, would do anything they could to help you out.
Today it’s a real mixed crowd, those great people are still there but they are trying not to get beat up or pissed on by the new ruff and ready crowd. There are a lot of people going to Havasu looking for action, they want to create a scene, and they have no idea how to have a good time with out playing gangbanger. They are there to show everyone how macho they are and if you’re in the way, look out.
I am sad that things have changed so much, but running only lets the A**holes win. We have to find a way to reclaim the lake if this means carry cell phones and making the boat-cops write tickets for something else other then have loud exhaust then so be it. Sorry for the long reply it one thing that gets me going, we have to make the cops clean up the lake they have to take responsibility for letting it get as bad as it is and need to set priorities to get the a**holes off the lake. :idea:
you mean the london bridge hasnt been there since god made man. j/k

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Supposed to be working on it right now. They couldn't figure it out on Friday so they're tearing into it more today. Hopefully soon as I'm having withdrawls. :redface: :squiggle: :D
you get your flight arraignments done??

Jordy
08-17-2005, 10:11 AM
you get your flight arraignments done??
Nope. That would mean that I was committing to something and I'm anti-committment right now. :D

Havasu Hangin'
08-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I was waiting for you to chime in. :notam: This guy was intentional though.
Yeah...I hate when those guys do it intentionally... :notam:

WYRD
08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
You had your hat on backwards huh Matt :confused: :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
08-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Due some shit bags in havi now, like Kilr and the raising gas prices. We might be forced out of the boating game period. :(

Jordy
08-17-2005, 11:58 AM
We might be forced out of the boating game period. :(
Just a boat with a whacka on it. They get good mileage, especially compared to a BBC with a jet. Converted me. :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-17-2005, 12:26 PM
On Saturday we went to the channel in the late afternoon after spending time at the sandbar. We had to move spots at the sandbar cuz the guy anchored next to us kept swinging in to close and not doing anything about it. It got annoying so before anything happened, we moved. No biggie. I had my Aunt and cousins on board and were having a good day. Anyway, we were entering the channel on the crazy horse side with a bunch of other boats. The was one boat just in front of me to the right, and one on my right. Well this guy in a cat was leaving the channel but seemed to be heading my way. I was at most in the center of the channel and this guy had nobody around him and had plenty of distance between him and the shore. He kept coming towards me like he was playing chicken so I had to put the brakes on. Then he starts yelling at me for taken up the channel. I am normally pretty cool but I yelled some choice words back. There was no reason to intentionally drive into me.
So I guess my point is.
Matt
Matt I had the same thing happen to me on Saturday. The boat heading right at me with room to his starboard side said "Hey I'm on my half of the channel, of course I had another vessel right next to me so we kinda squeezed by about 2' apart.
I just don't get it, those steering wheels don't turn?
HDD

Havasu_Dreamin
08-17-2005, 12:35 PM
We might be forced out of the boating game period. :(
I'll just cruise less as opposed to selling out completely. But yeah, these prices are insane! Sadly, I think I remember hearing or reading that the station owner only makes like $.07 a gallon. Doesn't make it easier to take though.

Havasteve
08-17-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm fortunate to live here full time, I feel sorry for the nice boaters that have to deal with the Saturday 'phony look at me MTV crowd that grew up in that no disapline never spanked as a brat' crowd. I don't know why that is attractive but you wont see me in there on a Saturday unless it's winter time, then it's a much cooler crowd. When people are rude, like people taking their half of the channel out of the middle, I let them know it. I've been meaning to buy a megaphone. I'm puting up with less crap as I age but still never pass a broke down boat.
As far as the crowd getting worse, I don't see it, it might just seem that way, like sandbar, i'll go there on a Saturday, seems to me that it was more crazy a few years back.
Are there any boaters running classic's out during the week, I have a Spectra 24, that would bee cool to meet some of the other local Hot Boaters with nice classics. I'm loading the cooler, going out this afternoon for a ride.

SCUBA STEVE
08-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Just a boat with a whacka on it. They get good mileage, especially compared to a BBC with a jet. Converted me. :D
Think I can convert my weed wacker in the garage? lol :D

cxr133
08-17-2005, 03:32 PM
HEy Phat Matt....
if this was around 5pm on sat...
that dude might of been drunk.. he pulled the shame SHIAT pulling off the beach made myself and a few boats swerve to avoid him.. he was just pulling out like noone else mattered.

cola
08-17-2005, 03:33 PM
The price of gas is what it is. If you go through 100 gal. a weekend and the gas is + $.40 a gal. higher. Would you stay home to save $ 40.00, :idea: not me. I will see you on the water. :D
Late, Mike

Deano
08-17-2005, 03:34 PM
thats just me trying to find my way back after a long night...

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 03:36 PM
HEy Phat Matt....
if this was around 5pm on sat...
that dude might of been drunk.. he pulled the shame SHIAT pulling off the beach made myself and a few boats swerve to avoid him.. he was just pulling out like noone else mattered.
It was about that time, maybe a little later. Jen just reminded me he was also yelling at us to slow down.
We were idling and following people. :confused:

rivercrazy
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
I feel sorry for the nice boaters that have to deal with the Saturday 'phony look at me MTV crowd that grew up in that no disapline never spanked as a brat' crowd. .
Better be careful. You might just piss off some peeps that frequent this message board! LOL! :D:D

CornWater
08-17-2005, 04:20 PM
It was about that time, maybe a little later. Jen just reminded me he was also yelling at us to slow down.
We were idling and following people. :confused:
Sorry about that Matt... :hammer2:

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Sorry about that Matt... :hammer2:
It was cool hangin' with you and your chick for the little time that we did. Good luck on selling your boat. :)

TCHB
08-17-2005, 04:29 PM
When I first started boating people looked after each other. There was not this attitude crowd that Havasu can get on Saturday afternoons. I am not sure why they get this tough guy attitude when they are driving a boat. I golf quite a bit and never get the attitude like you do in performanc boating. Why???

Jordy
08-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Think I can convert my weed wacker in the garage? lol :D
Talk to superdave. His dad is a television repairman and has the ultimate set of tools. :D

CornWater
08-17-2005, 04:31 PM
It was cool hangin' with you and your chick for the little time that we did. Good luck on selling your boat. :)
Likewise.. we'll have to do it again sometime.. ;)

framer1
08-17-2005, 05:15 PM
It was great meeting you guys. Sorry to hear about the problem with those stupid cat drivers :jawdrop:

Mohave Vice
08-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I guess I am a rookie at Elsinore since it was my first time there...I wont take it personal. :smile: I tried the other ramp I think your talking about but it was closed due to flooding I think. I talked to the cops (cool) there and they told me to go across the lake to the cove, but I couldn't find it. O'well, I may give it another shot in a few weeks.
When you're ready to go ........ give me a pm and I'll drag my boat behind you! I live in South Ontario.

Jordy
08-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the problem with those stupid cat drivers :jawdrop:
Yeah, I can't stand those cat guys. They act like they own the whole river, especially those guys with boats that start with the letter "D." :D :D :D

Biglue
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I can't stand those cat guys. They act like they own the whole river, especially those guys with boats that start with the letter "D." :D :D :D
Or 2 whackas on them also. :D :D :D

Jordy
08-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Or 2 whackas on them also. :D :D :D
Perhaps, but with all that smoke at least the mosquitos aren't such a problem. :D

framer1
08-17-2005, 06:06 PM
You mean we don't own the whole river. Now that's weird :squiggle: I don't think Dave would ever lie to me ;)

Phat Matt
08-17-2005, 06:43 PM
It was great meeting you guys. Sorry to hear about the problem with those stupid cat drivers :jawdrop:
Those damn cat drivers. :lightsabe :boxingguy ;)
I started this one yesterday for you.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89099
Thanks again!

hot_diggity_dog
08-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Those damn cat drivers. :lightsabe :boxingguy ;)
I started this one yesterday for you.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89099
Thanks again!
Cool good to see ya again Bruce and Scott.
Oh yeh Matt I did the same thing! :hammer2:
Framer1 DCB F-26 pics (http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5410)
HDD

framer1
08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Cool good to see ya again Bruce and Scott.
Oh yeh Matt I did the same thing! :hammer2:
Framer1 DCB F-26 pics (http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5410)
HDD
I can't seem to get on the riverratlife site. I have my password and username but still can't seem to get on.

hot_diggity_dog
08-17-2005, 07:51 PM
I can't seem to get on the riverratlife site. I have my password and username but still can't seem to get on.
Re-register and I'll check things out!
HDD

Jordy
08-17-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't think Dave would ever lie to me ;)
Was he combing his hair with a billet DCB comb when he told you that??? :D :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
08-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Was he combing his hair with a billet DCB comb when he told you that??? :D :D :D
What color?
HDD

framer1
08-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Re-register and I'll check things out!
HDD
I've tried four times and no go.

Jordy
08-17-2005, 07:56 PM
I've tried four times and no go.
Maybe we reached our Kool-aid quota Glenngi. :D :D :D
Just kidding F1, we'll get ya set up. ;)

framer1
08-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Maybe we reached our Kool-aid quota Glenngi. :D :D :D
Just kidding F1, we'll get ya set up. ;)
Thanks, I'm on. You can never have to much kool-aid ;)

Jordy
08-17-2005, 08:16 PM
You can never have to much kool-aid ;)
I hear that only the first one is free though. :eek: :cool:

Kilrtoy
08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
And we due , NEXT.........
and i like my billet thru hull comb...

Jrocket
08-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Jordy,
Whats up with your boat?Motor broke?

Jordy
08-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Jordy,
Whats up with your boat?Motor broke?
It's showing some kind of oil injection fault on the Smartcraft, which would normally mean that the oil pump isn't working, but it seems to be working double time. It's at Lakeland right now and they plugged into it and it showed a fault on the Merc computer but isn't telling them why. :confused:
It was supposed to be back in the shop today for further investigation. Haven't heard anything yet, but I can't wait to have it back and be able to actually run it at more than a high idle. ;)

chrissy
08-17-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm fortunate to live here full time, I feel sorry for the nice boaters that have to deal with the Saturday 'phony look at me MTV crowd that grew up in that no disapline never spanked as a brat' crowd. I don't know why that is attractive but you wont see me in there on a Saturday unless it's winter time, then it's a much cooler crowd. When people are rude, like people taking their half of the channel out of the middle, I let them know it. I've been meaning to buy a megaphone. I'm puting up with less crap as I age but still never pass a broke down boat.
As far as the crowd getting worse, I don't see it, it might just seem that way, like sandbar, i'll go there on a Saturday, seems to me that it was more crazy a few years back.
Are there any boaters running classic's out during the week, I have a Spectra 24, that would bee cool to meet some of the other local Hot Boaters with nice classics. I'm loading the cooler, going out this afternoon for a ride.The first time we went to Havizoo it was in the middle of October. Had a great time. The second time was last june for the Sleekcraft Regatta. Too many people,too many rude people, :mad: too many boats in the channel. Not to mention even tho I live in Phoenix I was really overwhelmed by the heat. We're going the end of September this time. :shift: