PDA

View Full Version : Open mouth insert foot

topless
08-17-2005, 07:54 AM
There is an older lady who works in one of our branch offices who acts like (and probably is) a speed freak. So this morning, I walk in and my co-worker says R**** is coming and I say oh thats lovely, we can watch her tweak out. What she failed to tell me was that she was right behind me. I shut up after that but she did hear me. Tell me some of yours.

Vada
08-17-2005, 07:57 AM
lol!
That sux.
This thread should make for some good Tuesday reading.

barbigrl
08-17-2005, 08:00 AM
A few months back my boss really pissed me off (as usual). WE have an inter-office instant messaging system. So I was venting to my co-worker, how my boss is this and that........only I sent it to my boss and not my co-worker :yuk: I thought I was going to pee my pants when my boss asked me if that was intented for her. Now I am overly cautious when sending messages... :rolleyes:

pjones
08-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Was a loan officer at a credit union a few years back..
Custmer comes in and she's wearing a denim smock/dress thingy.
I was looking over her credit and cheerfully asked when are you do?
She smiled and said oh I'm not pregnant....
After turning 4 shades of red and almost crawling under my desk
I was able to close the loan...
I have never asked that question to a woman since nor will I ever...

SummitKarl
08-17-2005, 08:50 AM
A few months back my boss really pissed me off (as usual). WE have an inter-office instant messaging system. So I was venting to my co-worker, how my boss is this and that........only I sent it to my boss and not my co-worker :yuk: I thought I was going to pee my pants when my boss asked me if that was intented for her. Now I am overly cautious when sending messages... :rolleyes:
now this explains last weeks shortness of breath "cause", :idea: buff up that resume and move on, find someone you like to work with/for :D usally that alone makes life much easier.
oh and my stupid was on the copier :redface:about 20yrs ago

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-17-2005, 08:54 AM
When I used to work in a grocery store, I was a checker and the woman bagging for me had a daughter my age that I went to school with, but I never knew, because she was mentally handicapped and had some slight physical deformities also.
I was helping the boxperson, C*****, finish up the order and the bags were not cooperating. They were sticking to each other and not opening without a fight. I said, "These bags are retarded!!!" Then I realized instantly what I had said and who I had said it to. I was so embarrassed and apologized right away. She was very nice about it and we are still friends after over ten years.
Whenever something is broken or not functioning properly or irritating, we say that it is "retarded." That is a terrible term because those who are mentally handicapped, or challenged to be PC, don't want to be thought of as broken or not functioning properly. I have never used that word in that way since and every time I hear one of my students use it that way, I tell them this story.
I have another one about the term "Jew me down" but it didn't happen to me. I'm sure you can figure out pretty much what happened though. :D It cost a friend of mine a million dollar contract.

barbigrl
08-17-2005, 08:55 AM
now this explains last weeks shortness of breath "cause", :idea: buff up that resume and move on, find someone you like to work with/for :D usally that alone makes life much easier.
oh and my stupid was on the copier :redface:about 20yrs ago
Funny you should mention that...I just faxed off my resume!! lol.... :wink:

topless
08-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Once in High School, I had gone to Jack In The Box drive thru. The lady working the register was stuffing her mouth with french fries and was the fattest woman I had ever seen. The next day at school I was telling a few people in my second period class about the big fat pig of a lady stuffing her big fat face when the girl next to me said, "Alison thats my mother". She wasn't lying either. Talk about wanting to crawl in a hole! :jawdrop:

meaniam
08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Once in High School, I had gone to Jack In The Box drive thru. The lady working the register was stuffing her mouth with french fries and was the fattest woman I had ever seen. The next day at school I was telling a few people in my second period class about the big fat pig of a lady stuffing her big fat face when the girl next to me said, "Alison thats my mother". She wasn't lying either. Talk about wanting to crawl in a hole! :jawdrop:
thats not sad that gross

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 09:47 AM
they had HIGH SCHOOLS back then??

topless
08-17-2005, 09:54 AM
they had HIGH SCHOOLS back then??You should know.....oh wait, you got a GED instead right? :hammerhea

Unforgiven
08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
You should know.....oh wait, you got a GED instead right? :hammerhea
sorry went straight from Grade school to college....

Ziggy
08-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Was a loan officer at a credit union a few years back..
Custmer comes in and she's wearing a denim smock/dress thingy.
I was looking over her credit and cheerfully asked when are you do?
She smiled and said oh I'm not pregnant....
After turning 4 shades of red and almost crawling under my desk
I was able to close the loan...
I have never asked that question to a woman since nor will I ever...
Did the same thing once..........and only once. :rolleyes:

MsDrmr
08-17-2005, 10:23 AM
good job girlie..... :D

WYRD
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
sorry went straight from Grade school to college....
PRISON is not COLLEGE :idea: :D

barbigrl
08-17-2005, 10:44 AM
I can so see this happening!! hahaha... :D