PDA

View Full Version : Ultra 27' Shadow (WOW!) Thanks JW

dicudmore
08-17-2005, 09:11 AM
and Mike here on HB :D
John thanks for arranging that ride, and taking time on your weekend away from your family to come down to the lake and give a boat-ride :D :D
Mike thanks for offering up your beautiful boat for "demo-purposes" and getting up early the morning after a bachelor party to meet us down there for a ride.
The only word that comes to mind to describe the stability, performance, every detail I could look at in our quick run... WOW!!! That is an awesome package. John I'm thinking delivery around the LA boat show might work :idea: One of GT's motors might also make a nice show piece for both parties :D :D

welk2party
08-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a good time and a new customer. We are hoping for the new 30 footer in a couple of years when it is due out. :cool:

Essex29
08-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Definitely a nice choice! Did you sell the Cheetah yet? I hate to ask, but how about insurance? :hammerhea

dicudmore
08-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Definitely a nice choice! Did you sell the Cheetah yet? I hate to ask, but how about insurance? :hammerhea
still have the Cheetah, season isn't over yet :D
I'll be taking a second on the house if necessary to pay for insurance, its a necessary evil :cool:

andy01
08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Congrats man, nice choice. Tell John you want the "homo" sticker option, he will know what you are talking about. It makes for a great conversation piece.......
Andy

dicudmore
08-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Congrats man, nice choice. Tell John you want the "homo" sticker option, he will know what you are talking about. It makes for a great conversation piece.......
Andy
ha ha...you just told him. He'll find this thread eventually :D

shippingguy
08-17-2005, 11:06 AM
Dan, not a problem at all anytime. I will keep you posted on when I will be up there again so we can give your girlfriend a test ride as well. If you have anymore questions feel free in calling me anytime. I think our next trip will be Labor Day so we can hook up then. You are making a great decision. This is my third Ultra in 3 years and I could not be happier with the quality and customer service of Ultra and all the staff at both El Cajon and Corona.

shadow
08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Dan, not a problem at all anytime. I will keep you posted on when I will be up there again so we can give your girlfriend a test ride as well. If you have anymore questions feel free in calling me anytime. I think our next trip will be Labor Day so we can hook up then. You are making a great decision. This is my third Ultra in 3 years and I could not be happier with the quality and customer service of Ultra and all the staff at both El Cajon and Corona.
I can second everything shippingguy says here.You'll love the boat and company,4th season on ours and not one issue with workmanship.As solid today as it was the day we bought it.Now if JW would GET BUSY with a larger cat with twins for thoses of us that want upgrade. :rollside:
Hopefully by next season,don't know if i can wait 2 more seasons.

welk2party
08-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I can second everything shippingguy says here.You'll love the boat and company,4th season on ours and not one issue with workmanship.As solid today as it was the day we bought it.Now if JW would GET BUSY with a larger cat with twins for thoses of us that want upgrade. :rollside:
Hopefully by next season,don't know if i can wait 2 more seasons.
We are anxiously waiting on the new model as well. JW says 2007 though. Which works for us. Can't wait!

shadow
08-17-2005, 11:39 AM
We are anxiously waiting on the new model as well. JW says 2007 though. Which works for us. Can't wait!
That should mean they will be in the works in 2006.(hopefully). Which is only 3-1/2 months away. :wink:
Dam that may be pushing them. :(
I'd go one more season with mine if i was sure that next winter i'd have a 30-32 w/twins in the works for the following season.

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 07:37 AM
That should mean they will be in the works in 2006.(hopefully). Which is only 3-1/2 months away. :wink:
I'd go one more season with mine if i was sure that next winter i'd have a 30-32 w/twins in the works for the following season.
I discussed that with him sunday, and mentioned you specifically :D
It would be cool to have another shadow out there with us for next season also :idea: :D

ULTRA28
08-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks Dan. It was great meeting with you Sunday. Let me know when yu're ready.
Thanks Mike for letting us take your boat out.
The 30 should be ready for the LA show 2007.
Andy, only special customers get the custom HOMO stickers on their boats for delivery. I didn't even charge you for that, you should feel lucky.

shippingguy
08-18-2005, 09:03 AM
No problem John, anytime you know that. I think you may be working on some drawings for me on another for a winter build.

andy01
08-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Andy, only special customers get the custom HOMO stickers on their boats for delivery. I didn't even charge you for that, you should feel lucky.
Special........ Man I think people talked about that sticker as much as the boat. I think everybody thought I would take it off as soon as I got the boat home. The last I saw (right after I sold it) half of the sticker was still on there.
When are you going to build a 32' with a layup that I can hammer in the ocean?
Andy

sigepmock
08-18-2005, 12:16 PM
You guys leave him alone......John's got to work on that 25-26 deck for us little guys :D :D
Chris

Johnwithjm
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
You guys leave him alone......John's got to work on that 25-26 deck for us little guys :D :D
ChrisChris that is in the works as we speak. Give me a call and I will fill you in on the details.

ULTRA28
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Special........ Man I think people talked about that sticker as much as the boat. I think everybody thought I would take it off as soon as I got the boat home. The last I saw (right after I sold it) half of the sticker was still on there.
When are you going to build a 32' with a layup that I can hammer in the ocean?
Andy
I just got back from meeting with Chuck that does my tooling. We should have the new cat for the LA show 2007. We are doing some infused boats right now, so the lay up issue is not a problem.

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Chris that is in the works as we speak. Give me a call and I will fill you in on the details.
yeah what he said...Chris that one is already in the works :wink:

RUCAV
08-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Chris
Maybe a 27 or 28 deck :idea:

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 12:27 PM
I just got back from meeting with Chuck that does my tooling. We should have the new cat for the LA show 2007. We are doing some infused boats right now, so the lay up issue is not a problem.
should I take that to mean that the 27' in the ocean would not be recommended??
Dan <----gonna store it in Havasu anyway, to alleviate any temptation of a salt dunk

andy01
08-18-2005, 12:54 PM
should I take that to mean that the 27' in the ocean would not be recommended??
Dan <----gonna store it in Havasu anyway, to alleviate any temptation of a salt dunk
I would say they can do the lay up now on a 27' for the ocean.
That 27' has plenty of freeboard to run the ocean. The only draw back you would have would single engine......... oh that's right you do that now...."anybody have any tools"....... Geez man almost made me late to the airport.
Andy

andy01
08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Is the 30' going to be setup for twin I/O with no center pod?
How would you like to have me calling you again everyday and making you run your river trips short. :rollside: Keep us updated on this.
Andy

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I would say they can do the lay up now on a 27' for the ocean.
That 27' has plenty of freeboard to run the ocean. The only draw back you would have would single engine......... oh that's right you do that now...."anybody have any tools"....... Geez man almost made me late to the airport.
Andy
trust me, I remember that day :cool:

jdogginla
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
The 27 can handle the ocean as is...........as you mentioned the only draw back is the single engine. But hey, sometimes u just gotta roll the dice.

andy01
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
The 27 can handle the ocean as is...........as you mentioned the only draw back is the single engine. But hey, sometimes u just gotta roll the dice.
Psssss the guy that posted above you should stay away from craps tables....

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Psssss the guy that posted above you should stay away from craps tables....
Psssss....the guy that posted above you was ON the boat that burned/sank in November.

andy01
08-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Pssssss....... better find a new hobby........ :D

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Pssssss....... better find a new hobby........ :D
not me sir...jdogginla was on the boat...
I'm still secure in my hobbies, just not in paying for them ;)