PDA

View Full Version : Worse tip you have left?

THOR
08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
So, we take our 2 year old to Chili's in HB just so she can have some folks sing funny songs to her and bring her something with a candle. First the slow azz biotch can get our order right, she is beyond slow and is starting to throw a little attitude. We tell her it is our daughter's bday and she tells us all she can bring is a shake. WTF? After waiting about fifteen minutes she comes back with this chicken s hit shake and says she cant get anyone to help her out with the singing. My mom gives her a look like she better move her azz. Another fifteen minutes goes by and nothing yet. I grab the f'n check, take it to the bar and leave five bucks on a $60 tab. She then asks me where the check is and gives me major attitude about why she doesnt want to chase down the check. I wish I could have gotten my credit car re-run so I could leave her nothing.
What would you do?

Parker Dreamin
08-17-2005, 07:23 PM
I would tell her thanks for nothing and leave her nothing.....

THOR
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Now I am pissed I left her five bucks. I just wanted someone to sing to my girl. :mad:

BADBLOWN572
08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
I am always a person who definitely rewards for good service, but occasionally, I deviate from standard and leave someone less than what is customary.
I remember taking the GF (at the time) to a very nice resturant down in Corona Del Mar. The server that was there was very rude, slow, and just a jackass. We would have to ask for refills on water, wait like 10 minutes for items such as steak sauce, the forgot our salads, etc... To say horrible service doesn't come close. When we got the bill, it was around $150'ish and I left the guy somewhere around $15.00 for the tip. He came back to me after looking at the tip and said "sir there is a problem with your payment." I was thinking that the credit card was just paid so it shouldn't be a problem. I asked if it was a problem with the credit card and the guy said "the problem is not with the card, it is with the gratuity." I said "let me see it." He gave it back to me and when I got it back, I crossed out the tip amount and wrote in a big zero. I said, "you are right, the gratuity I left was not what it should be" and I properly adjusted it. To say that the guy was not happy is an understatement. I said that a gratuity is a reward for good service and we did not feel that we received ample service and since he was rude, he didn't deserve anything. I informed the manager as I walked out the door. I have been back a couple of times since the incident and I have not seen him at the place since. Good!

THOR
08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I am always a person who definitely rewards for good service, but occasionally, I deviate from standard and leave someone less than what is customary.
I remember taking the GF (at the time) to a very nice resturant down in Corona Del Mar. The server that was there was very rude, slow, and just a jackass. We would have to ask for refills on water, wait like 10 minutes for items such as steak sauce, the forgot our salads, etc... To say horrible service doesn't come close. When we got the bill, it was around $150'ish and I left the guy somewhere around $15.00 for the tip. He came back to me after looking at the tip and said "sir there is a problem with your payment." I was thinking that the credit card was just paid so it shouldn't be a problem. I asked if it was a problem with the credit card and the guy said "the problem is not with the card, it is with the gratuity." I said "let me see it." He gave it back to me and when I got it back, I crossed out the tip amount and wrote in a big zero. I said, "you are right, the gratuity I left was not what it should be" and I properly adjusted it. To say that the guy was not happy is an understatement. I said that a gratuity is a reward for good service and we did not feel that we received ample service and since he was rude, he didn't deserve anything. I informed the manager as I walked out the door. I have been back a couple of times since the incident and I have not seen him at the place since. Good!
Nice Danny. I should have done that. F&^%
I swore I wouldnt go back to Chilis after this. I havent been to Walmart in over 7 years now since the last time I was treated like crap there.

hbpdub
08-17-2005, 07:36 PM
What you should of done was asked to speak to the manager of the place and proceeded to chew his ass out about how this HB princess bitch waitress ruined your daughters B-Day and walked away paying nothing and flipped the bitch off on your way out and then proceeded to Ruby's where your daughter would have gotten the proper B-Day song. But hey that's just what I would have done... NO SERVICE,NO TIP

Parker Dreamin
08-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Nice Danny. I should have done that. F&^%
I swore I wouldnt go back to Chilis after this. I havent been to Walmart in over 7 years now since the last time I was treated like crap there.
I bet you $1 that you go back.......

BoatPI
08-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Danny were u are the 4 Crowns? I would be shocked if that was the place in CDM.

THOR
08-17-2005, 07:38 PM
You are on. No planning free beer night at Chilis though.

BADBLOWN572
08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Danny were u are the 4 Crowns? I would be shocked if that was the place in CDM.
No. I have always had exceptional service at 5 Crowns. I love that place!!! The place that we were at is a little resturant on PCH called "The Quiet Woman." It was a one time occurance and I did return. This was the only time that I have had a bad serving expereince. Every time that I have been there otherwise was terrific. I was so pissed though that if they didn't have excellent food, I would not have been back.

cjordan
08-18-2005, 04:38 AM
if I get really bad service, I leave 3 cents just ot let them know I did not forget. :p

Waist Deep
08-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Good service in HB is pretty rare anywhere you go!

jbtrailerjim
08-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Bad service= Small tip.
I just leave a very small tip when I get bad service. I want them to know that I just didn't forget to tip them.

R.A.D.man
08-18-2005, 05:18 AM
Gave nothing to the waiter who only squeezed his fat a$$ down in the booth to take the order and then never stopped at our table again. Another waitress brought the food, drinks, chips, refills etc. and it was not her table. Told the guy on the way out who we gave the tip to.
A friend was a waiter and the restraunt had a regular single customer who would sit down and lay out 10, one dollar bills as the tip when he was seated, the guy would take away a dollar every time he felt the service was lacking. I was told he typically received good service for doing that as 10 bucks was at the time a great tip for his ticket.

Speedin' Ian
08-18-2005, 07:16 AM
I would say 99% of the time I leave over 20% as a tip, but that is because I worked as a waiter all through college. I realize there are certain circumstances that may affect service. For instance a server may call in sick which means that the remaining servers get swamped making it impossible for them to give great service, also they may get double or triple sat which is when they get two or three new tables at the same time. Lastly the kitchen can really screw a server, if they are slow guess who catches all the flack, the server.
However, some servers just suck!!! That or they just have a real bad attitude. Still, in those cases I just can't leave less than 15%, because I don't know if they are just having one of those days and the only thing worst than no tip is a really bad one, that is just an insult. I figure bad servers will weed themselves out of the business.

voodoomedman
08-18-2005, 07:28 AM
I don't know about the rest of the country but here in Crowdifornia great service-heck just good service is the exception and not the rule anymore. It seems as if everyone now has this you owe me something attitude.

NOTALENT
08-18-2005, 07:29 AM
one thing I hate is bad service...I also hate going to restaurants where gratuity is included in your bill....I wont go to them places anymore..If you have a big group thats ok....but not for any other reason...Making a tip mandatory is Bull Shiat in my book...

Reddy Too
08-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Having worked in one of the busiest restaurants in the SGV, and you are inclined to leave a bad tip as the result of the service, be sure to tell the management. Otherwise, the server will think that you are just a jack@ss. Servers always remember the good and bad tippers and give the appropriate attention.

riverroyal
08-18-2005, 07:36 AM
the manager as you left,chilis would have gave you some coupons,would have made you at least feel better.

Vada
08-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Me and a friend of mine went to this restaurant one time. We sat in our booth and saw the waitress looking at us but then walked away. After almost 10 minutes, I went up and got the menus myself and sat back down.
I would like to say that I understand that servers may be busy at times, but is it not plain common courtesy (especially since this is the job) to go over to a table and with menus and say a Hello and maybe a "I'll be right with you?".
The service throughout the meal was beyond horrible. When we were ready to order (after 20 minutes of having the menus and still nobody even saying "boo" to us) I had to once again get up and ask that someone help us.
She had an attitude and I wanted to leave her a dime as a tip. Just enough to let her know that her service was horrific.
My friend said that it wouldn't be proper and left her 15%. I was so tempted to just swipe the tip myself when my friend wasnt looking.
Hell, I deserved it more than the server.
ARRRRRRRRRRR :devil:

Mardonzi
08-18-2005, 08:08 AM
It amazes me that alot of servers/ waiters/ waitresses deem a tip as an endowment that they are automatically entitled to, and not a incentive or reward for providing good service. The acronym, T.I.P.S.
(To Insure Prompt Service) should apply. Even if a server is swamped, that still is no excuse for rudeness (unless you are at Dick's Last Resort).
Being on the road as much as I am, I eat out probably 60% of my meals. Even though the server may be busy, a simple "I apologize for the wait, please be patient and I'll get to you as soon as I can" carries alot of weight. If the reason for the delay is explained, I'm happy to wait.

meaniam
08-18-2005, 08:18 AM
So, we take our 2 year old to Chili's in HB just so she can have some folks sing funny songs to her and bring her something with a candle. First the slow azz biotch can get our order right, she is beyond slow and is starting to throw a little attitude. We tell her it is our daughter's bday and she tells us all she can bring is a shake. WTF? After waiting about fifteen minutes she comes back with this chicken s hit shake and says she cant get anyone to help her out with the singing. My mom gives her a look like she better move her azz. Another fifteen minutes goes by and nothing yet. I grab the f'n check, take it to the bar and leave five bucks on a $60 tab. She then asks me where the check is and gives me major attitude about why she doesnt want to chase down the check. I wish I could have gotten my credit car re-run so I could leave her nothing.
What would you do?
i dont reaLLY CARE IF PEOPLE THINK I AM AN ASSHOLE OR NOT IF THE SERVICE SUCKS AND THE WAITER sorry about caps) acts like they ghave something better to do. or i dont get refills or dont get my a1 for 20 mins then i dont leave a tip. and i dont give a shit if its wrong. if i gave them shitty service would they buy a car from me NO! so if they give me a shitty dinner they get a shitty no tip. worst tip was me writing on reciept. service sucks attuide sucks get another job. 0.00 tip. sat and watched him read it in luaghlin. the man was a dick so i became a dick
mike

meaniam
08-18-2005, 08:20 AM
the manager as you left,chilis would have gave you some coupons,would have made you at least feel better.
who care about coupons. that like tell your new waiter your a complainer

UltraStealth
08-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Next time leave a penny or some change. That will really piss them off. I reward good service but when it blows so does there tip.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I had heard that leaving an $.86 tip was an indicatioin to the server that the service sucked since they write 86 on orders as an indication that the patron does not want a certain item, like 86 the tomatoes.

Essex29
08-18-2005, 09:19 AM
I was out with a decent size group about 10 people for happy hour at an Alamo (el torito style) mexi-place and the service sucked! We waited for everything! Just to get a drink was 20-30 minutes each time, it got so bad that I would order two at a time and still get one :lightsabe .
We were there 4ish hours and the tab was 400ish bucks and everyone was in agreement that the service was shotty and the guy didn't deserve a penny...and these were all high level execs that couldn't care less weather they tipped 20 or 200 % the guy picking up the tab left zip, zero, zillch!!
To say that the waiter was pissed would be an understatement he had the manager and wait staff follow us outside and ask for a tip, they got none.

mirvin
08-18-2005, 09:27 AM
If you're gonna leave a bad tip (deservedly) then you need to let the waiter and the manager know! I know it's a pain in the ass but if you just walk out without saying anything the dumbass waiter will just think you're a jerk rather then thinking they were to blame.
It's always good to let the manager know too, just because.
mirvin :notam:

superdave013
08-18-2005, 09:28 AM
If you pay with your plastic and the service is bad it's real easy. In the tip section just write "bad service" or "service sucks" in that space.
Not only will the waiter get the message that you were not just rude but unhappy, but so will the manager when he goes through the sales slips for the shift.

WYRD
08-18-2005, 09:30 AM
For those of you who leave a tip on the credit card................make sure you double check once the charge clears. I have caught more than one place that changes the tip amount after and when I got the bill it did not match what I had written down. So when I went back it is almost always the same response "the waiter must of inversed the numbers or maybe it wasn't legiable" I got refunded the difference but for those of you who don't check the credit card bill and just pay it be cautious
WYRD

MAINEVENT
08-18-2005, 09:55 AM
The best is if you get really bad service and have some pennies and nickels leave that... I once place a quater in a glass of water and flipped it upside down with a napkin under neath so it would hold the water, :devil: thats what you get when you tell someone their a bad parent without knowing you :devil:

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 10:08 AM
I am a waitress and it's not easy. Sometimes people treat me like a servant, and they think it's OK to talk down to me or be rude to me. :yuk: They have no idea who I am or the life I live, but some people are just plain rude....I give excellent service, never leave a table sitting....even if I'm buried (triple sat or understaffed), I always tell them "be right with you" or "Hi guys, I'm going to grab a check and some salads for that table and be right back..." If your server doesn't acknowledge you, that is the absolute worst....people can see you running your azz off and they'll be cool if they have to wait a bit. I have been a victim of bad service myself many times, but I have never stiffed a waitress. :( I leave a small tip and talk to a manager. Restaurants need repeat business, especially small ones like I work in.
Sorry for the rant.... :rolleyes:
Now everyone in south OC needs to come see me at Peppino's in Foothill Ranch and leave me a big fat tip for great service so I can fill up the Conquest and go play!!!!! :D :D :p

WYRD
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I agree Bunny I have no problem leaving a 1/2% tip or none at all but on the flip side I have been known to leave a 50 or 60% tip for excellent service.

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 10:15 AM
OK, I need to say one more thing because I think people don't know....
If you drink alcohol, can you please leave a bigger tip? :D I have to tip out the bar on all liquor sold, and if you just double the tax on your check(15% or so) that leaves me with less than 10%. On a large table with alot of liquor, that's alot of $ for the bar who is pouring your drinks, but not alot for the server...
Thanks you guys for the good tips... ;)

Essex29
08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I am a waitress and it's not easy. Sometimes people treat me like a servant, and they think it's OK to talk down to me or be rude to me. :yuk: They have no idea who I am or the life I live, but some people are just plain rude....I give excellent service, never leave a table sitting....even if I'm buried (triple sat or understaffed), I always tell them "be right with you" or "Hi guys, I'm going to grab a check and some salads for that table and be right back..." If your server doesn't acknowledge you, that is the absolute worst....people can see you running your azz off and they'll be cool if they have to wait a bit. I have been a victim of bad service myself many times, but I have never stiffed a waitress. :( I leave a small tip and talk to a manager. Restaurants need repeat business, especially small ones like I work in.
Now everyone in south OC needs to come see me at Peppino's in Foothill Ranch and leave me a big fat tip for great service so I can fill up the Conquest and go play!!!!! :D :D :p
I wish all servers understood the basics of the job! I know people in the industry and they just don't get it.
Good job Bunny, you deserve a big tip!

totenhosen
08-18-2005, 10:29 AM
When service is bad like that my gf will write on the check that your poor service warranted not getting a tip. This way they don't think you are a cheap bastard and know it was because they sucked.
I use to leave a penny and write on the bill. "I've got a tip for you..next time move your azz and you might get something more than 1 cent"

totenhosen
08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
For those of you who leave a tip on the credit card................make sure you double check once the charge clears. I have caught more than one place that changes the tip amount after and when I got the bill it did not match what I had written down. So when I went back it is almost always the same response "the waiter must of inversed the numbers or maybe it wasn't legiable" I got refunded the difference but for those of you who don't check the credit card bill and just pay it be cautious
WYRD
YOur rigth this crap happens all the time.
The way around that is to write out the amount of both the tip and total such as one dollar and thirty three cents.

CA Stu
08-18-2005, 11:01 AM
i dont reaLLY CARE IF PEOPLE THINK I AM AN ASSHOLE OR NOT IF THE SERVICE SUCKS AND THE WAITER sorry about caps) acts like they ghave something better to do. or i dont get refills or dont get my a1 for 20 mins then i dont leave a tip. and i dont give a shit if its wrong. if i gave them shitty service would they buy a car from me NO! so if they give me a shitty dinner they get a shitty no tip. worst tip was me writing on reciept. service sucks attuide sucks get another job. 0.00 tip. sat and watched him read it in luaghlin. the man was a dick so i became a dick
mike
You're a bully.
Thanks
CA Stu

SCUBA STEVE
08-18-2005, 11:18 AM
What would you do?
Sorry to hear about this. :yuk: You should have went to Hooters! You would have had a good time and your daughter would have got her song. :cool:
I think Hooters is one of last restaruants that actually still sings. I think TGIF does as well.

SCUBA STEVE
08-18-2005, 11:22 AM
OK, I need to say one more thing because I think people don't know....
If you drink alcohol, can you please leave a bigger tip? :D I have to tip out the bar on all liquor sold, and if you just double the tax on your check(15% or so) that leaves me with less than 10%. On a large table with alot of liquor, that's alot of $ for the bar who is pouring your drinks, but not alot for the server...
Thanks you guys for the good tips... ;)
Bunny, so more then 15% when boozing it up? We try to leave 20% if I have the $ to burn and get good service. My whole check if the server is hot. :D

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Bunny, so more then 15% when boozing it up? We try to leave 20% if I have the $ to burn and get good service. My whole check if the server is hot. :D
Yes please Mr. Steve... :) :)
Your server will wind up with some decent money if you do...
Here's an example: Right now the restaurant is busy; I'm selling about 1K a night in food/drinks on my shift from 5:30 to 9:30. 3% of my sales go to the busboys ($30), 1% to my expo(the one who delivers my food)($10), and 1-2% goes to the bar ($10-$20) depending on how many drinks they pour, versus if they just hand me a bottle of wine that I open and pour myself...
So, that is $50-$60 that I will tip out at the end of a shift. If I make 15% tips all night, I'll get $150 bucks, then tip out $50 of it, so I keep $100. If I get 20% tips all night, it's another $50 in my pocket....good service pays off. The problem is when the bar is pouring you drinks all night, and a table only leaves 15%. Then it becomes not so great...The bar gets a bigger percentage...
Just so all you liquored up fools know.... :p :p
If I need martinis all night or mixed drinks, it'll cost me more in the end than if you drink bottles of wine :) :)

Slib77
08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
I left 2 cents to this a-hole waiter at Red Lobster. All I did was round of the bill to closest dollar. We got our appetizers after our meal, and never got our silverware. The dick was spending more time talking to his girl. Then he had the nerve to ask me why. That was about 8 years ago and have only visited a different Red Lobster once since then.

hoolign
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
What would you do?
I would have dropped a penny in my soup bowl

99 232 baja
08-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Went to a local restaurant with my family on a mothers day,it was a buffet type dinner. First we sit there for 20 minutes with no service (drinks,sliverware),then after we sit there to enjoy our meals ,we ended up getting our own drinks,because the waitress was no where to be found, and when we went up to get dessert there none,they said it was the end of the day. By the way there was 20 of us at 13.95 a peice. I took the bill to the manager and complained about what had happen,and he tore up the bill. Now that was service.

MAINEVENT
08-18-2005, 12:06 PM
My whole check if the server is hot. :D
Thats no joke This waitress at Chili's in WLK Village was smoking hot..not only that my dinner was correct and she brought my kids plates early cause she put a rush on them... but most important my cocktail was never empty :D my bill was like 50 bucks or something i left her a hundy and asked for no change Now everytime i go to chili's we sit in her section :D

Ziggy
08-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I would have dropped a penny in my soup bowl
Or someones finger-TIP :D
Thor...my best experience for my daughters birthday was actually in Havasu a few years ago at the brewery/pizza place(name escapes me right now) next to the theaters. They came with almost all the servers to sing, and then most if not all the patrons even sang along. It was so special for her she talks about it to this day....Yeah, they got a good tip from us.

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Thats no joke This waitress at Chili's in WLK Village was smoking hot..not only that my dinner was correct and she brought my kids plates early cause she put a rush on them... but most important my cocktail was never empty :D my bill was like 50 bucks or something i left her a hundy and asked for no change Now everytime i go to chili's we sit in her section :D
Alex....Peppino's in Foothill Ranch has good food and great service,too....
We love kids.... :D :D

MAINEVENT
08-18-2005, 12:19 PM
What kind of grub :confused:

lucky
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
there is only one waitress i would stiff - :devil: but her husband would get mad :)

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 12:28 PM
What kind of grub :confused:
Chinese....... :messedup:
ITALIAN silly! :p

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 12:28 PM
there is only one waitress i would stiff - :devil: but her husband would get mad :)
LOL...Lucky! ;)

MAINEVENT
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Chinese....... :messedup:
ITALIAN silly! :p
Not a huge fan of italian food but how are their pies i might stop in for one of those one day can always go for an italian pie but i do live about 80 miles from foothill ranch :hammerhea :messedup: :D maybe a weekend :idea:

imirsh1
08-18-2005, 12:36 PM
I know of this guy on which I will leave nameless ( you know who you are!) His theory is this: Based on the root of the word Waiter or Waitress is wait it indicates just that, that we go into the restaurant to be waited on so depending on the way you wait on me dictates your tip.Now I have read all the threads and this is what He does when he gets really bad service and doesnt leave a tip.He has had business cards made up that say he is the food critic for the Orange county register and after he reads the riot act to the manager he gives him/her the card, you can imagine how fast they catch him outside and comp him dinners or even pay him back for the one he just ate.

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Not a huge fan of italian food but how are their pies i might stop in for one of those one day can always go for an italian pie but i do live about 80 miles from foothill ranch :hammerhea :messedup: :D maybe a weekend :idea:
An excellent pie for sure, and let us know when you're ready to come for a visit... ;)

hoolign
08-18-2005, 01:11 PM
An excellent pie for sure, and let us know when you're ready to come for a visit... ;)
Do they make rabbit stew??

bunny 166
08-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Hoolie!! What's cookin'?? :D :D Not me.... :boxingguy

mirvin
08-18-2005, 01:28 PM
I hear they make a fine fricasee :wink:

MrsNuckinFutz
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I too, like Bunny, am a waitress. And a pretty good one I think. It really is harder than most people think to keep upbeat and pleasant all shift, especially when you have customers who think they are above you and treat you like the a servant. But, there is no excuse for shitty service. I make a pretty good percentage but what a lot of people dont know is that waitresses are taxed on the tip they make. Tipping is not just a gift, its my wage and uncle sam thinks everyone at my restaraunt leaves at least 15%so I'm taxed on that amount wheather I get it or not. Different restaraunts have different customers so some are taxed more.
Also did you know that when you tip on a credit card, the credit card company also takes out a percentage for their "service"?

hoolign
08-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey Hoolie!! What's cookin'?? :D :D Not me.... :boxingguy
I Am ....roast ala Hoolie :D been on since 9 this mornin!...um um um !!

riverroyal
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
its the kitchen that messes it up for for the server.Unless the are just unpleasant

dicudmore
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
hmmm...sounds like I have a new eatery :D

MAINEVENT
08-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Will do sweets :wink:

meaniam
08-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Oh Yah...I will leave nothing when it is bad. I usually make a comment to the manager, but I take a different angle. I tell him that I am a really bad customer and that he can go tell our server that she does not have to worry about us bad customers coming back to haunt her. Try it sometime and find out what they are willing to do to keep a self proclaimed bad customer - it is quite entertaining!
i like this one
and as far as waitress and waiters go they are the servent of that table. they go get the drinl a1 ect they are to do all the things they can, to make sure that i have good service.
the reason i go to a restruant is so my wife can have a break for one meal and not be my servant. if you are in a buissness of customer service and thank you deserve something you should bail. no one deserves anything you must earn it. im really simple to please keep my cup full or refill within a few minutes. if i ask for a1 dont take 30mins to get it cuase within 15 to 20mins i have a manger hand delivering it to me.

Vada
08-19-2005, 08:04 AM
:D I waitered and bartended in college for several years and made great tips because I never let a bad day get in the way of giving good service. The others would bitch and moan about different shit and talk about how hard the job was.........f'ing babies most of them. They wouldn't know a hard day's work if it bit them in the ass. I worked two jobs in college and carried a full load of classes as a physics and mechanical engineer double major. Most of them have that job because it is the place that pays them the highest for being drama queens/kings. I waitered/bartended at Senor Frogs (not a slow place) and managed a bicycle shop (mostly slow - so I studied on that job). I get tired of people saying how hard this type of job is...they keep telling themselves how hard it is until they beleive it....kinda like the banana scanners say they have a hard job......booooo frickety hooo. But I am a dying a breed....when I don't like a job, I leave. They don't pay me enough (in my mind), I leave. I don't cry about my baggage and then expect people to voluntarily pull money out of their pocket because I had a convenient excuse to give them bad service.
Let the flames begin. :D
I couldn't agree with you anymore on this one!!!
Leave your problems at home! If you give good prompt service, I'll leave a tip. If you don't, then I don't. You can't use the excuse that you are having a bad day. That, quite frankly is not my problem as the customer. You ARE in fact there to serve me. That is what you are getting paid for. Tips are deserved and should not be expected!