PDA

View Full Version : How much to ship....

Punchy
08-17-2005, 08:41 PM
...a boat from New York to California and what are my options on how to ship it?
Can you container something like that or do you have to find someone to tow it?
Any info would be cool. :confused:

YeLLowBoaT
08-17-2005, 09:08 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boat+transport
I was looking into it a few years ago when i was going to buy a boat back east, shiping was anywhere from 300-2000 depending on how fast I wanted it shiped.

Punchy
08-17-2005, 09:20 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=boat+transport
I was looking into it a few years ago when i was going to buy a boat back east, shiping was anywhere from 300-2000 depending on how fast I wanted it shiped.
thanks for the info

KACHINA KEN
08-17-2005, 09:52 PM
NY-CA @ $1.50 Mile = $3900. normal rate is $1.70

riverroyal
08-18-2005, 07:55 AM
is it,,I got time

2Driver
08-18-2005, 08:21 AM
THese guys are pretty good and known. They hull for Lavey and a lot of others. I checked into about 4 of them. You may also find out that some of them are just under contract with a-1 anyway. They also need to be insured properly - I found some of the smaller guys are not!
http://www.a-1boattransport.com/ They were going to hull my 21 xtc Lavey from WA to AZ for $2,000. I bet prices have gone up that was 2 months ago.
few pointers I learned as a first timer.
You have to arrange for loading and unloading of the boat onto their trailer ( marina or dealership).
You are supposed to get the fuel tanks emptied. Best to get it professionally shrink wrapped too. (About $350 for my boat). Be sure the guy who shrink wraps it does it for a long hull vs shrink wrap for storage...a big diff. You never know they could have a boat slighlty above yours dumping bilge water in your boat so the wrap helps but can beat the shit out of the boat if done wrong.

Johnwithjm
08-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Talk to shipping guy on the boards he might be able to help you out.

shippingguy
08-18-2005, 08:59 AM
...a boat from New York to California and what are my options on how to ship it?
Can you container something like that or do you have to find someone to tow it?
Any info would be cool. :confused:
Punchy, contact Holly at Ultra Boats (619) 443-1100. She has made a great contact with a guy that ships boats for them all over. I can move it, but this guys prices are unbeatable and he knows what he is doing. They do not need to be put into a container nor need to be towed. It will be loaded on a flat or stepdeck trailer. Let Holly know her fiance Mike (shippingguy) told you to give her a call. She is there now. Any other questions call me anytime 714-313-1235.

andy01
08-18-2005, 11:35 AM
I have a company that I used from Florida to Ca. for $2,800. That is on my trailer, not on a flatbed. That was like 5-6K. If you need the info. let me know. The guy called me twice a day to let me know where he was and how everything was going.
Andy

Punchy
08-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks everybody for all the info. You guys are awesome. :)

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Punchy, contact Holly at Ultra Boats (619) 443-1100. She has made a great contact with a guy that ships boats for them all over. I can move it, but this guys prices are unbeatable and he knows what he is doing. They do not need to be put into a container nor need to be towed. It will be loaded on a flat or stepdeck trailer. Let Holly know her fiance Mike (shippingguy) told you to give her a call. She is there now. Any other questions call me anytime 714-313-1235.
The things people will do to get a good deal on an Ultra. Marrying somebody who works for John. geeeeeeeeeez. :D

shippingguy
08-19-2005, 08:00 AM
The things people will do to get a good deal on an Ultra. Marrying somebody who works for John. geeeeeeeeeez. :D
Hey now. I had already bought 2 before she and I started talking. :smile: I was waiting for somebody to give me a hard time on this one.

dicudmore
08-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Hey now. I had already bought 2 before she and I started talking. :smile: I was waiting for somebody to give me a hard time on this one.
I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first :hammerhea :wink:

shippingguy
08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first :hammerhea :wink:
Always thinking ahead. J/K

ULTRA28
08-19-2005, 08:23 AM
For the single guys out there, I have two more single girls working for me. Marry them and get a good deal on your next boat.

dicudmore
08-19-2005, 08:25 AM
For the single guys out there, I have two more single girls working for me. Marry them and get a good deal on your next boat.
hmmm... you have my attention :D :D :D

Steamin' Rice
08-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Get in touch with bgchuby on the boards - he hauls all kinds of boats across the country. Skaters, Outerlimits, Cigarettes, etc.....

BK
08-19-2005, 09:00 AM
http://www.findahauler.com/

bgchuby01
08-20-2005, 05:17 AM
Punchy, This is Jeff Murray, I haul for most of the scope members and there fairly large boats, I have $500,000 in cargo so unless you are shipping a 46 skater you are covered. I run back and forth coast to coast. I live in Canyon Lake, Calif so if you give me a job I can move within 24 hours. As for the cost I charge $1.75 per mile. I saw some of the earlier posts. You can not have the proper insurance and proper government certificates and do coast to coast for 2 to 3 thousand dollars. With the price of deisel fuel these days and the cost of good insurance it just can't be done. Remember you get what you pay for. If you go on the OSO website forums my reputation speaks for itself. I also will call you twice a day and coast to coast will take me about 48 hours. I own my own large trailer boat so I treat the customers boat like my own instead of like a truck driver. Call me on my cell for any questions. 909-816-1101 or email me at Jeffymurray@aol.com :messedup:

bgchuby01
08-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Tt

bgchuby01
08-20-2005, 06:32 PM
call me so that I can help you 909-816-1101

Riverkid
08-20-2005, 06:37 PM
You ought to know by now, don't throw that out there without some pics!!! :D :D :D

Punchy
08-20-2005, 07:24 PM
call me so that I can help you 909-816-1101
thanks, but I was originally asking because I'm actually looking for a boat. I keep finding them out of state so I wanted an idea of the cost to ship one back so that I know how much total $$$$ I would be looking at. The last one I was thinking about was in New York and it seems like a good deal but by the time I have it shipped back I'll probably be out of my price range. I'll definitely give you a call if I find something in the future.

bgchuby01
08-20-2005, 09:03 PM
what kind of boat are you looking for. I am all over the place and may be able to steer you in the right direction

jdogginla
08-20-2005, 09:25 PM
NICE!@#%.......are they willing to re-locate to the corona store, lol

FASTERDAMITT
08-20-2005, 09:57 PM
what kind of boat are you looking for. I am all over the place and may be able to steer you in the right direction
SUPERBOAT?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/478superboat_delivery_010_Small_.jpg

full throttle
08-21-2005, 08:20 AM
In regards to boat transport...I just spent a couple hrs on the phone 2 days ago getting prices on transport from Michigan to AZ. Well...fuel prices have put any over the road action out of sight. everything I got quoted was just over 4k to almost 5k. Was'nt to long ago you could get a boat cross-country for a couple grand. Plus with true transport, you will have to arrange to have your ride loaded and unloaded with a boom=more expense. I may have to hit the road with this one.