PDA

View Full Version : boat and rv transport

craiginlaverne
08-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Just wondering if anybody would be interested in getting their boat or rv transported for them from so cal to the river . I know somebody who is thinking of starting their own transport company moving boats and rv's to and from so cal and the river. Would anybody actually want that done for them? They would be using a dually to tow the boat or rv. Thankyou for your time

Boat Loan Guy
08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
That is funny my girlfriend and I a couple of weeks ago were trying to figure away to transport people and there stuff back in forth to the river. We were having a hard time trying to figure out how the logistic would work. The second part would be who much people would pay for the transportation for this kind of service..And how many people would use it.

Creator
08-17-2005, 10:29 PM
You better have TONS of insurance with a huge umbrella policy. I use to haul race cars and no matter how nice the people are, they will try to find a way to stick you with any damage they don't remember or you didn't write up upon receiving their property. Just tell him to be totally anal about every little scratch, ding or scuff. Only take delivery when there is plenty of light to do a proper inspection.

HocusPocus
08-17-2005, 10:44 PM
insurance would be steep on something like that. a friend of mine use to haul 5th wheels around from the manufacturer to the various dealerships accross the US.. i can't remember the exact figure.. but it was high.

shippingguy
08-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I am in the transportation industry and move products all over the world. I do not think at this point in time it would be very profitable for one main reason. FUEL COSTS!

craiginlaverne
08-18-2005, 07:16 PM
thanks for the info. i will pass it along to him. remember, if you see somebody towing a stack of boat trailers from PACIFIC BOAT TRAILERS along the I40 going eastbound(to havasu), please, dont run me off the road!! :D just approach with care and pass me if you feel the need. i use a radar detecter and listen to the truck drivers. believe me, it works. i hate to see all you guys getting speeding tickets towing your pride and joy. i saw a guy towing a real nice flat bottom(with a clean trailer,too) driving a nice lifted truck pass me like i was standing still. my bird dog went crazy, then about 2 or 3 miles ahead, he was pulled over by a highway patrol. BUMMER!!!! that was friday august 12th aound 9 or 10 am. watch your backs people!!! :eat:

Big Warlock
08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Hale's Marine Transport in Phoenix transports all kinds of boats all over the US. Many of the bigger Poker Run guys have their boats delivered to the event. Many of them have their own rigs and people and others use specialty companies like Hale's. It is still reasonable if you have to do it. I think he moves alot of houseboats from various lakes. He does quite a bit of cross country as well.