PDA

View Full Version : Anyone over 30 Might get a kick out of this.

Creator
08-18-2005, 12:25 PM
The boards seem slow today so here is something completely unrelated to boats. :rollside:
The way it used to be...
My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife , but we didn't seem to get food poisoning.
My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND I used to eat it raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper bag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remember getting e-coli.
Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.
The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.
We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened, because they tell us how much safer we are now.
Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.
Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention.
We must have had horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything.
I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.
I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.
Oh yeah... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!
We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked. Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.
We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got our butt spanked there and then we got butt spanked again when we got home.
I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.
To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that? We needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes?
We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!
How did we ever survive?
LOVE TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA, AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T -- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED.

charitycase
08-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Hell Yeah>thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flashover
08-18-2005, 12:36 PM
That is all so true!! Nice avitar Charitycase Like it... :D :D :D

liquidasset
08-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Aint that the truth !!!! :idea:
Sometimes I wonder if weren't just a little better off back then.
Hell,you can even go to jail for spanking your kid now.Man my dad would of been been in jail for life. People wonder why kids are so misbehaved these days . Back then it was seen, and not herd. Just yesterday my neighbors kid was swearing at her ,and he's 8 yrs old. I got my mouth washed out for sayin dang.

Vada
08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Aint that the truth !!!! :idea:
Sometimes I wonder if weren't just a little better off back then.
Hell,you can even go to jail for spanking your kid now.Man my dad would of been been in jail for life. People wonder why kids are so misbehaved these days . Back then it was seen, and not herd. Just yesterday my neighbors kid was swearing at her ,and he's 8 yrs old. I got my mouth washed out for sayin dang.
And I suppose that you think violence is the way to answer to all thats wrong. Both my parents spanked me and all it did was make me resent them and even spank other children in elementary school if they did something I didn't like.

DCBob
08-18-2005, 01:02 PM
The boards seem slow today so here is something completely unrelated to boats. :rollside:
The way it used to be...
My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife , but we didn't seem to get food poisoning.
My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND I used to eat it raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper bag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remember getting e-coli.
Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.
The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.
We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened, because they tell us how much safer we are now.
Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.
Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention.
We must have had horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything.
I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.
I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.
Oh yeah... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!
We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked. Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.
We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got our butt spanked there and then we got butt spanked again when we got home.
I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.
To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that? We needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes?
We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!
How did we ever survive?
LOVE TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA, AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T -- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED.
Jesus...................are you old :hammer2: :D

liquidasset
08-18-2005, 01:10 PM
And I suppose that you think violence is the way to answer to all thats wrong. Both my parents spanked me and all it did was make me resent them and even spank other children in elementary school if they did something I didn't like.
No that is not the point I'm trying to make. I'm just think that "some" parents are affraid to discipline there kids the way they seem fit. doing nothing at all is definatly not the answer. Heck there are alot of kids these days that truly don't know the differance between right and wrong. I'm sorry you resent your parents . I was tought to respect my elders. What was done may not of always been right . But at least my parents had the choice. For that I love them. I may of resented them now and then, But they were the were in charge not The Child.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I got spanked when I got out of line and I didn't spank other kids at school. :notam:

mirvin
08-18-2005, 01:14 PM
HuH??? :hammerhea

hoolign
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
HuH??? :hammerhea
Mirvin you turd...this thread is for the over 30's....but not THAT far over :D

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 01:25 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I do miss those days, and yes I am guilty of each thing said.
I still play king of the hill just with my car now :D
I defrost the meat on my driveway now it only takes 10 mins in Havasu :eat:
we had a pool and the beach was 1 mile away....."MOM can I have $0.10 for gas for the trail 70" :cool: it would last all week
oh no KEDS shoes were not cool we had to have VANS :D
my mouth got me hundreds of extra laps in GYM "ECKER take a lap" they seemed to be the only 4 words the coach knew :D
oh and I still perfer "Mercurochrome" :2purples:

Liberator TJ1984
08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I guess I really am over 30.... :frown:
Us " Gang Members " used to stalk the neighbor hood with slingshots looking for a good supply of ammo (chinaberry tree ),sometimes even carried BB Guns looking in trees for Wasp Nests to shoot down...
we played baseball in the streets and football all down the block in everyones yards , can't remember gettin' told to stay off the grass ???or cops would be called.....and a good dirt clod fight was always just around the corner with the kids on the next street,( gotta work up a good thirst before we ALL walked to the A&W Rootbeer stand for a Float )
we would ride bikes up to the mall and hang out all day , when you came outside our bikes would actually still be there !!
yes Sir ,simple times are gone :frown:

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
No that is not the point I'm trying to make. I'm just think that "some" parents are affraid to discipline there kids the way they seem fit. doing nothing at all is definatly not the answer. Heck there are alot of kids these days that truly don't know the differance between right and wrong. I'm sorry you resent your parents . I was tought to respect my elders. What was done may not of always been right . But at least my parents had the choice. For that I love them. I may of resented them now and then, But they were the were in charge not The Child.
BINGO!!! I am with you all the way on this one. RIGHT ONE THE MONEY!!!!!

mirvin
08-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Mirvin you turd...this thread is for the over 30's....but not THAT far over :D
Excuse me.....I'm UNDER 30!!! I just posess immense wisdom:cool:

HocusPocus
08-18-2005, 01:37 PM
i can't even count the times i got swats in school... and i wasn't even a bad kid. :rolleyes:
good stuff.. thanks for posting this for us old folks. ;)

pjones
08-18-2005, 01:42 PM
BINGO!!! I am with you all the way on this one. RIGHT ONE THE MONEY!!!!!
What he said....that spare the rod mentality bs is for the birds...

Windy
08-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I miss the 80's....cruising around in the back of my dads truck.

2Driver
08-18-2005, 01:57 PM
...and a couple million gallons of "treated sewage" and leaking rocket fuel weren't part of the daily flow into the topock gorge......
.....and the river looked like my Avatar most of the time :hammerhea
off soap box...

prosthogod
08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
You just summed up my youth!

2Driver
08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
This is going to turn into a spank or not spank thread I can see it coming :D

76ANTHONY
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
i would write hell yeah, but im mentally distrught and im beating my kids, i'll get back to you. :D :D :D :jawdrop:

BROADMINDED
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Like My Dad Always Said. You Have To Instill Fear In Your Kids. The Kid Should Know That If He Does Something That He Should Not Be Doing He Is Going To Get It. When I Was Growing Up There Was No " I Am Going To Count To Three" Or "do You Need A Time Out". I Hear People Say That And I Start Laughing. If I Was Doing Something Wrong And Was Told Not To Do It Again, I Stoped, Cause I Knew The Next Time I Was Caught Doing It It Was Bam!!!!!! Up Side The Head, And Then It Was " I Told You Not To Do That Again Or You Were Going To Get It".

barbigrl
08-18-2005, 02:05 PM
I got spanked in school with a paddle.....now that is not even heard of! My mom used to beat my ass with a wooden spoon. SOrry I beleive in beating your children!! lol....

Mrs.Racer277
08-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I got spanked in school with a paddle.....now that is not even heard of! My mom used to beat my ass with a wooden spoon. SOrry I beleive in beating your children!! lol....
My mom loved her wooden spoon too. Until it broke then she went to plastic. That darn thing never broke. :D

barbigrl
08-18-2005, 02:09 PM
My mom loved her wooden spoon too. Until it broke then she went to plastic. That darn thing never broke. :D
My mom would chase me with it....and when it broke I would turn around and laugh at her....that really pissed her off!

Mrs.Racer277
08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
My mom would chase me with it....and when it broke I would turn around and laugh at her....that really pissed her off!
OMG that is what I did. We had a 2 story so I would wait for her at the landing of the stairs laughing. Then lock myself in the bathroom. I was a little Brat. But is she said he was telling dad. I knew I was dead meat and the a$$ kissing would begin. :) :)

Creator
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Most dreaded words as a kid...."Wait until your father gets home!" Makes a kid want to run away for a few weeks.

Mrs.Racer277
08-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Most dreaded words as a kid...."Wait until your father gets home!" Makes a kid want to run away for a few weeks.
No kidding. :) :)

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 02:16 PM
try a cast iron pan to the head, I made the mistake of telling mom to "shut up"...........clink!!!! out like a light.... I only made that mistake once!!!! and no I don't restent my mom for that quite the opposite!!! "that was the day I learned respect for my elders" :messedup: because it hurts if you don't :D

Cole Trickle
08-18-2005, 02:17 PM
29 years old but from that era.
I can still remember smashing Robby Spencer in the face with a dirt clod from across the culdesac in one of those famouse dirt clod fights hiding behind trashcans.
He wen't home with a bloddy face crying and his dad told him to keep is head down next time.
We played tackle football on the grass and you would go home pretty banged up from being tackled into a rose bush or on a sprinkler head.
We use to go across the street where they were builing the new gymnasium and set up a rope swing that was way past dangerous.
I wasn't beat as a kid but if my dad was really pist we had to go to the garage and the belt came out.
Kids these days will never experience the fun that we did. :D ;)

Mrs.Racer277
08-18-2005, 02:17 PM
try a cast iron pan to the head, I made the mistake of telling mom to "shut up"...........clink!!!! out like a light.... I only made that mistake once!!!! and no I don't restent my mom for that quite the opposite!!! "that was the day I learned respect for my elders" :messedup: because it hurts if you don't :D
Well that explains everything. J/K Karl Love ya.
Dad was the scary one in our house. Not that I was a bad girl or pushed or anything. :D

rivercrazy
08-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I remember when parents actually tried to set an example for their kids based on their own actions.
Seems like that value has slid over the past few decades. Now parents tell their kids how to act correctly and then when they think the kids aren't looking. They party it up like rock stars, act like psedo lesbians, run it hard, swing, and act like kids on an MTV spring break video.
Problem is, kids do see it. Now wonder they are so confused!

BROADMINDED
08-18-2005, 02:22 PM
My Mom Carried A Wooden Spoon Around In Her Purse. And She Was Not Afraid To Whip That Thing Out In Public. That Thing Sounded Like Zoro Coming Out Of Her Purse. And The Spoon Had Holes In It. Damn I Still Get Chills Thinking About That Thing

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Well that explains everything. J/K Karl Love ya.
Dad was the scary one in our house. Not that I was a bad girl or pushed or anything. :D
I see your still practicing that "butt kissing" :D
nope it was mom for me "no defence against upset mother"
I was bigger than dad by 13 :D that saved my butt a few times

H20 Toie
08-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I went to Pinecrest when not only would the teacher spank you but then you would get set to the principal and have to wait in his office for what seemed like hours, the waiting was worse than the spanking but that was the idea. Now you have people complain about getting tickets by mail for running a red light, what about stopping before the light turns red, Remember the kid in china that got caned for graffity and everyone was upset. i bet he never does it again. (at least not in China or wherever he was) unlike the kids here.

2Driver
08-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Gaining a deep foundation of trust and most of all respect from your kid is the most difficult way to modifiy kids behavior, but will reward you many times over. Fear of a beating just reinforces your kid to stay one step in front of you or away from you.
Respect = Can't let my Dad and Mom down
Fear = Ok but I can't get caught (again)
Which works when they are off on their own?
I've tried it both ways and the first way works way better for me. :idea:
touchy subject

jbtrailerjim
08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I remember when parents actually tried to set an example for their kids based on their own actions.
Seems like that value has slid over the past few decades. Now parents tell their kids how to act correctly and then when they think the kids aren't looking. They party it up like rock stars, act like psedo lesbians, run it hard, swing, and act like kids on an MTV spring break video.
Excellent Post! I totally agree.

goneboatin
08-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Bactine was a staple in our medicine cabinent as a kid. I always tried to keep my scrapes and skinned knees and elbows away from my mom 'cause out would come the Bactine. I can remember the stinging as I write this. :sqeyes:

Ziggy
08-18-2005, 02:49 PM
How fricking true is this---try hiring anyone under 22 who took a 12 month crash course...they believe they are owed the same or better than the 20+ yr veteran who has seen and done it all...... :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, my mother used the little green bamboo sticks to swat my ass....if I saw her hand heading to the top of the fridge I was outta there and on the run :D

big crapolla
08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I was goofing off in class. The teacher grabbed my shirt and shoved me out, ripping the whole front of the shirt out. When I told my mom, she just said, "you must have been doing something to deserve that". and put me on restriction.
Also, remember
"Come home when the street lights come on"

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 03:02 PM
sweet post!!! and most likey the most truthfull thing that can and will be said on this thread.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Gaining a deep foundation of trust and most of all respect from your kid is the most difficult way to modifiy kids behavior, but will reward you many times over. Fear of a beating just reinforces your kid to stay one step in front of you or away from you.
Respect = Can't let my Dad and Mom down
Fear = Ok but I can't get caught (again)
Which works when they are off on their own?
I've tried it both ways and the first way works way better for me. :idea:
touchy subject
Both can be used though, I never wanrted to let my parents down while growing up which is why I didn't get into trouble, but I aslo got my ass beat when I deserved it.

Rockdog
08-18-2005, 03:03 PM
My mom had the wooden spoon, and my dad had the 2" wide 70's leather belt, and neither one was afraid to use it. I remeber getting busted in 3rd grade for fighting with a 4th grader, and the princple sending the note home w/ me to give my parents. The note was "conveniently" lost on the way home. We sat down to a family dinner (that's were everyone who lives in a house eats at the same time at the table for you under 30's) and my dad asked me if there was anything eventful at school that day. I said no, and he proceeded to tell me that he ran into the principal that afternoon after work and that we would be 'discussing' it after dinner. I ran for my life as soon as my mom said I could be excused from the table - didn't help - I think I got my a$$ beat even worse.
:D

BIGAMIST
08-18-2005, 03:03 PM
All of this hits home :D :D

Creator
08-18-2005, 03:07 PM
This is great, Keep those stories coming...LMAO

Rod-64
08-18-2005, 03:13 PM
What timing!!!
Just came in from talking to the next door lady about this........both out kids are grounded for not doing thier chores.......talked about how we were never home a kids......was out on bikes, not watching goddamn Toon channels and jerking off an X-Box stick. My kid has no electronic privlidges now till he smartens up.
BTW, speaking of Keds......the big sneaker we had was JOX....the blue ones with the white stripes that Starsky used to wear. :D
How much is the neighborhood ice cream man now??? Used to get crap for a quarter.
When I used to go to Simpsons pharmacy at 16 we got Marlboro reds for 50 cents.
Oh I could go on. :rolleyes:

Phat Matt
08-18-2005, 03:14 PM
How about I spank you now? :supp:

Rod-64
08-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Heres one that pisses me off..........kid comes home with no home work or books.....think he's lying....go to school they say we have no books for everyone to go around!!! WTF!!! :mad:
We had a MINIMUM of 4 books each night with 3-ring binders.....no fancy schmancy backpacks, just a cheap ass rubber bungy type thing with 2 hooks.

Rod-64
08-18-2005, 03:19 PM
What timing!!!
Just came in from talking to the next door lady about this........both out kids are grounded for not doing thier chores.......talked about how we were never home a kids......was out on bikes, not watching goddamn Toon channels and jerking off an X-Box stick. My kid has no electronic privlidges now till he smartens up.
BTW, speaking of Keds......the big sneaker we had was JOX....the blue ones with the white stripes that Starsky used to wear. :D
How much is the neighborhood ice cream man now??? Used to get crap for a quarter.
When I used to go to Simpsons pharmacy at 16 we got Marlboro reds for 50 cents.
Oh I could go on. :rolleyes:
Not that smoking is a good thing BTW! :yuk: :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-18-2005, 03:34 PM
I remember getting Vans shoes when there was only one place you could get Vans - at the factory/factory store. And you could customize them and that was the skateboarding shoe of choice.
Hell yeah! Used to get mine at the store over on Live Oak in Arcadia.

Phat Matt
08-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I remeber those days. lol :)
Fine! Wait till your Dad gets home. :supp:

Phat Matt
08-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I remember getting Vans shoes when there was only one place you could get Vans - at the factory/factory store. And you could customize them and that was the skateboarding shoe of choice.
How about the Zigarot building in Mission Viejo?
Vans? C'mon, it was all about Vision Street Wear. :D
http://www.pvgrind.com/logos/vision%20street%20wear.bmp

liquidasset
08-18-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't quite know how it turned into a spanking thread. opps I forgot someone thought I thought violence was the answer.
Some of these stories are killin me lol. :) :)

77charger
08-18-2005, 03:54 PM
yup alot of true on that.I use to walk to school in first grade then on to a bike,We got a good spank,yelling,then stand in the corner of my room if i did wrong,mowed neighbors lawns to make money,candy bars were 20 cents,minibikes and go karts were the thing esp if you had a 5hp motor in it.
camping trips consisted of the whole family in dads old teardrop camper to the forest or wherever we went.(was only to sleep)we ate outside sat outside.No luxories sat tv,computors,motorhomes,warm showers,comfy sofas,fancy cookware,etc.When we had to find a group of friends we had to really look or read the directions correctly NO CELL PHONE TO CALL OR GPS.Well there was the old cobra cb radio LOL :jawdrop:
Walkmans,gum,phones,other elect devices werent allowed in school you had to listen,Wood shop and metal shop was offered to us in 5th grade.
Boating 2 skis were the norm single ski maha you were the bomb,foam life jackets were in,you woke up early to go find a beach and take it with you when you left NOT LEAVE YOUR CRAP THERE ALL WEEKEND!bigger the roost the cooler you are.

Ziggy
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
C'mon, White Addidas with the blue stripes were the in thing if you were in sports...only the surfer dudes had vans.
My wife the surfer said she'd never have dated me back then cause of the shoes....LOL Guys had to wear Vans or else no bueno for her :hammer2:

77charger
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
How about the Zigarot building in Mission Viejo?
you mean laguna niguel!!I remeber that was the only building in the area one shoping center close by (aliso and la paz) and small one on lapaz road across

Mrs.Racer277
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
C'mon, White Addidas with the blue stripes were the in thing if you were in sports...only the surfer dudes had vans.
My wife the surfer said she'd never have dated me back then cause of the shoes....LOL Guys had to wear Vans or else no bueno for her :hammer2:
Exactly Custom Vans only!!! :) :)

Ziggy
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Exactly Custom Vans only!!! :) :)
Hey, be nice..........
Guess I should have known better---the surfer dudes had all the hottie girls hangin' with them :rolleyes: :D Wasn't til later in life the girls decided they liked to be treated decent :smile:
But I can say that Carlsbad High School did have some of the top pro surfer names come from there........much as they do now. State surfing titles have been won several times...seems its always either Carlsbad or San Clemente vying for that title.

Ziggy
08-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Carlsbad is full of puzzies. :rollside:
The only time you beat San Clemente was when the surf team was on academic probation and you got to compete against the knee boarders. :devil:
:D :D :D :D
Yeah, yeah, you can think what you want, I know the truth..... :yuk:
but we do wear purple helmets :D

Kilrtoy
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
What a greta thread... So true...
and BARBI GIRL, that was you and the teacher role playing.... ;)

JB in so cal
08-18-2005, 05:17 PM
When I was signing yearbooks, I think I used 3 different spellings of "have a casj, cazh, caj summer"
F***!!! :messedup:

LVJAKAZ
08-18-2005, 05:57 PM
when my son was 3 or 4 i carried a wooden spoon in my purse..all i had to do was show it to him when we left the house and he was good...the funny thing about that is i never had to use it :)..now i think i need a paddle, but i dont think it would fit in my purse :):)

Boy Named Sue
08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I remember our neighbor said I flipped him off so my dad kicked my ass. After the beating I swore to him I didn't do it. He went to the neighbor's and the neighbor admitted he lied and then he got his ass kicked. This is the America I love. No cops were called, no one got sued. No more trouble. I got a new bike. :D

Craig
08-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Grew up on a small creek that dumped into the Magothy River and then the Chesepeake Bay. We were always swimming in that brackish creek with the turtles and blue crabs :D Our little town built a community pool you could join. My folks joined. We rode our bikes a mile to swim. Lasted maybe one summer, then we were back in the creek. No rules!
Craig

Boatcop
08-18-2005, 07:07 PM
When I was a kid we had lead paint on the windowsills. I chewed on 'em all the time and nothings wrong with me...vmvopweosjdjdyfihwkwjweuwe824904376u0gq2[jheg942thui92tjheb-qe9ejh94t[j2thonbet9-hbet879etbn[9jbe1tnoe1tb]]\\eblqikthn0u-94tjmbnh0jetb

Ultrafied
08-18-2005, 08:00 PM
This thread cracks my ass up! All of it true. I'm not sure if it always worked, but by the time I was 9, if my Mom (yup, wooden spoon) or my Dad (yup, big, wide belt) told me to do something or to stop, I knew INSTANTLY what to expect for my action. Do as they say, no pain. DOn't do what they say, pain. Like a mouse, dog or cat, I learned fast.

Spotondl
08-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Ever have to go and pick your own switch? If you came back with a wimpy one you had to go and pick a better one...
Used to ride bikes everywhere WITHOUT a helmet. Yup, crashed all the time and I am still here. Knocked my front teeth out in the 2nd grade with my bike handlebars trying to learn to ride with one hand so I could flash kiddie gang signs... Right, Left, Stop...

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 10:06 PM
When I was a kid we had lead paint on the windowsills. I chewed on 'em all the time and nothings wrong with me...vmvopweosjdjdyfihwkwjweuwe824904376u0gq2[jheg942thui92tjheb-qe9ejh94t[j2thonbet9-hbet879etbn[9jbe1tnoe1tb]]\\eblqikthn0u-94tjmbnh0jetb
ahh this explains your strange desire for cars with the motor at the wrong end :D

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Carlsbad is full of puzzies. :rollside:
The only time you beat San Clemente was when the surf team was on academic probation and you got to compete against the knee boarders. :devil:
:D :D :D :D
Carlsbad Puzzies: this must explain why all you San Clemente guys ran when I would pull up at "tressels" in my CHECKERD VANS:argue:

SummitKarl
08-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Only puzzies drove to Trestles <------notice the correct spelling.
I rode my skate board barefoot...downhill from my house. Why would you where your vans to the beach? :D
And the guys running were from Laguna Niguel or some shit and they were about to miss their bus. :boxingguy
:D :D :D
I actually owned a car :) no need to skate board 20 miles :cool:

imirsh1
08-20-2005, 08:28 AM
They are actually reading this verbatim on KLOS right now!