PDA

View Full Version : 241 toll road crackdown...

Cole
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Anyone noticed all the cars being pulled over with no plates or paper plates on the 241 toll roads?
They pulled me over because I have a new truck with no plates. They checked to see if I have a transponder, I did, they said "thanks" and sent me on my way. No ticket!! :D :D

Mrs. casean
08-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I heard they are doing that now... lots of people were getting freebies on the toll road I guess!?

PalapaHead
08-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Yes. I gota ticket a fews years back. My sis' lives in OC. So, everytime I used to make the trip, I'd put my new car plates on my ride and blaze right on through - w. no transponder....until I got pulled over and gota ticket. I hate that toll road. We all pay enough damn taxes!!!! That shiat should be free. But, I dont have to drive it everyday. For those of you who do....here is an idea that is well worth the labor involved. Get a transponder. Rig a cable release (MacGyver style) from a control in your cab to your rear plate. This cable when pulled, would release your plate so it would 'flip down', and the camera's wouldnt be able to take a photo of it. Think of those old school cars where the gas tank filler was behind the license plate, just the opposite though. So, the spring tension is such that its loaded to flip your plate down, once the cable is activated by you. Have some sayin' behind your plate that would show up on the photo so the monkeys looking through the photos get to see something like "FEEUCK YOU" or "THANKS!" or "EAT A D#CK", etc... you get the picture...
:cool:

Cole
08-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Yes. I gota ticket a fews years back. My sis' lives in OC. So, everytime I used to make the trip, I'd put my new car plates on my ride and blaze right on through - w. no transponder....until I got pulled over and gota ticket. I hate that toll road. We all pay enough damn taxes!!!! That shiat should be free. But, I dont have to drive it everyday. For those of you who do....here is an idea that is well worth the labor involved. Get a transponder. Rig a cable release (MacGyver style) from a control in your cab to your rear plate. This cable when pulled, would release your plate so it would 'flip down', and the camera's wouldnt be able to take a photo of it. Think of those old school cars where the gas tank filler was behind the license plate, just the opposite though. So, the spring tension is such that its loaded to flip your plate down, once the cable is activated by you. Have some sayin' behind your plate that would show up on the photo so the monkeys looking through the photos get to see something like "FEEUCK YOU" or "THANKS!" or "EAT A D#CK", etc... you get the picture...
:cool:
A friend of mine has paper plates on his car he sayes the money he saves is well worth a ticket he might get....to much worry for me. The toll road trims off SO much time for me that I dont mind paying!!!

DUSTINU
08-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I had no front plate, but I would still get billed by the photo cuz my plate is registered.
Well I got rolled for no plate on the 241 ...and the transponder was in my truck, so I got a $151.00 ticket and no write up for the plate he said "just get that fixed".
So I send "proof" that I paid the toll to the court, they basically said "thanks for the money chump". oh well live and learn. My choice was to miss a weekend out at the river or possibly getting out of the 151 bucks sitting in court on Saturday. I picked the river. :D

PalapaHead
08-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Seems like it would be cheaper to just pay the toll.
Ummm, lets see....round trip for a day approx. $7? Im not sure since I dont drive it daily. Lets just entertain that it is $7 per day x 5 days = $35. It'd cost you half that at Home Depot for the goods + a little bit of mechanical inclination. Maybe the ladder is where you figure it'd be cheaper to just pay da toll. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Ivan Dan
08-18-2005, 01:34 PM
A friend of mine has paper plates on his car he sayes the money he saves is well worth a ticket he might get....to much worry for me. The toll road trims off SO much time for me that I dont mind paying!!!
The first year and half I had my new car I had this same theory. Think about this....$14 a day for 15 days a month (being conservative) thats $210 per month. I went for about 18 months like this which would be $3780 total. If I were to have gotten a ticket at say $275 it was WELL worth it to me.
I met a client at one of my listings the other day that worked at the OC Register and he told me they just did a huge article in the paper about this and they are going raise the rates up until the traffic patterns come down. He said they are expecting the rates to go up to $15 or $20 per toll. And we all thought the $7 it is now is bad.....SHEEESSHHH thats F'in rediculous if you ask me

Ivan Dan
08-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Ummm, lets see....round trip for a day approx. $7? Im not sure since I dont drive it daily. Lets just entertain that it is $7 per day x 5 days = $35. It'd cost you half that at Home Depot for the goods + a little bit of mechanical inclination. Maybe the ladder is where you figure it'd be cheaper to just pay da toll. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
$7 is only ONE way durring heavy traffic times.

PalapaHead
08-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Al Gore called, he wants his sense of humor back.
Yeah, I can see where it's be 'cheaper' to just pay the toll. :confused: Riiiiight.
Here BoB, pick one of these up, master it, then maybe you'll change your opinion. :wink:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11650B00005RF5D_01_DTLS__SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

PalapaHead
08-18-2005, 01:54 PM
All in good fun. Ill buy ya one bourbon, one shot, and one beer this weekend - if you're goin to da Lake!!!
:D

Quality Time
08-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I met a client at one of my listings the other day that worked at the OC Register and he told me they just did a huge article in the paper about this and they are going raise the rates up until the traffic patterns come down. He said they are expecting the rates to go up to $15 or $20 per toll. And we all thought the $7 it is now is bad.....SHEEESSHHH thats F'in rediculous if you ask me
and you believe everything the paper writes
:messedup:
Their toll structure (bond payoff) is set and I can tell you it will not be $15 or $20.
BTW, the OC toll roads did not have any tax money. Non-recourse toll bonds.

mirvin
08-18-2005, 02:05 PM
They're just going after cheaters....and there's lots of em'. My license plate got stolen in the mail and it wound up on a car that was using the toll roads....I got a bill and a threatening letter from the dmv. Fortunately we cleared it up. The dmv did tell me they're having a huge problem with this.....

riverliver
08-18-2005, 03:04 PM
All you guys using the toll road with no plates and not paying you could get charged all the back fees and fine on top of that. The Toll roads and the CHP watch for the abuser's and wait for them. If they see the same car go thur alot (By Pic) then they (CHP)will wait for them at the time they know they run the toll road and hit them with some big ass bill. :hammer2:

Sleek-Jet
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
All you guys using the toll road with no plates and not paying you could get charged all the back fees and fine on top of that. The Toll roads and the CHP watch for the abuser's and wait for them. If they see the same car go thur alot (By Pic) then they (CHP)will wait for them at the time they know they run the toll road and hit them with some big ass bill. :hammer2:
... and you know this because???? :D :notam:

JB in so cal
08-18-2005, 03:24 PM
... and you know this because???? :D :notam:
I'm thinkin'...... Holiday Inn Express last night :hammerhea

riverliver
08-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm thinkin'...... Holiday Inn Express last night :hammerhea
I took the toll road there last night :D

4day!!
08-18-2005, 04:05 PM
"Take your house", dude please.. :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

77charger
08-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I ride my streetbike thru there it has no plate.I usually go betwenn the the lanes camera does not pick it up (i did this with plates too no tickets)ever see the chp bikes do it too??The fun thing i do here and there is go in the middle of lane then pick up the front end and ride thru doing a stand up wheelie for the camera.

Nord
08-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Its funny that you posted this, cuz, I bought a new truck and I have a transponder, and a couple of times I forgot to throw it in the window and it didn't read.
If I got pulled over, I had the transponder so I guess I'm alright!!

CA Stu
08-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Either pay the toll or stay off the toll roads.
WTF is wrong with you?
Your ethical, responsible code of social conduct is not welcome here.
Cheers
CA Stu
PS I was thinking the exact same thing. You're either honest, or you're a thief. There is no grey area.