PDA

View Full Version : Baby Back Ribs ---------->

boxscore
08-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Need some help here. I wanna bake them before taking them on a camping trip where I plan to finish grilling 'em. How long do they stay in the oven and at what temp?

riverracerx
08-18-2005, 03:07 PM
You had to bring up ribs at 4:02 while I am sitting at work? Damn you!
** calls wife to ask for ribs for dinner **

boxscore
08-18-2005, 03:09 PM
You had to bring up ribs at 4:02 while I am sitting at work? Damn you!
** calls wife to ask for ribs for dinner **
No no partner.... you call the wife and TELL HER you want ribs for dinner. :boxingguy

WYRD
08-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Need some help here. I wanna bake them before taking them on a camping trip where I plan to finish grilling 'em. How long do they stay in the oven and at what temp?
I have a awsome way to cook them been in my family for generations...................................CALL CHILIS AND MAKE RESERVATIONS :idea: :D
WYRD

AZKC
08-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Some where around 300*/350* for 2-3 hours. Use a meat thermometer, cook till they are on the rare side of done.

Havasteve
08-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Some where around 300*/350* for 2-3 hours. Use a meat thermometer, cook till they are on the rare side of done.
I am the king of ribs, I have a rack on the BBQ at this moment,
Baby back ribs ; Oven or BBQ, doesn't matter. wrap in foil twice, cook 1 hr at 375 some salt, nothing else. add sauce after done or roll them around on the grill or open foil 15 min before done if in a oven.
Pork spare ribs, these you have to cook the same way as above but for 2hrs at 325-350
Wrapping them in foil prevents water evaporation while the fat is liberated from the meet, spare ribs tend to have a lot of fat on them.
I'm drooling now!!
P.s. I think Jack Daniels BBQ sauce is the Best.

carbonmarine
08-18-2005, 05:04 PM
BOIL FIRST , remove lining on teh back and then grill with sauce....
That's how Houston's does it and NOBODY has better ribs., but they do get their ribs out of the country ( scotland ) because the farmers here have leaned off the Pork stock here in the States to sell better in stores which sucks. Wjhen I go to China... They have pork teh way it shodul be....FAT !
Rick:cool:

goneboatin
08-18-2005, 07:37 PM
If you boil them, boil them in beer with a 1/4 cup of vinegar, that makes 'em real tender. Throw in 5 or 6 crushed cloves of garlic, a few shakes of crushed red pepper and a dash of mesquite liquid smoke. Boil them for 2-1/2 to 3 hours in a deep pan or baking dish covered with foil. Then slather them with your favorite BBQ sauce and grill them until the sauce carmelizes - about 5 minutes each side twice, about 20 minutes.
Mmm, mmm, good.

waterwitch
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I am the king of ribs, I have a rack on the BBQ at this moment,
Baby back ribs ; Oven or BBQ, doesn't matter. wrap in foil twice, cook 1 hr at 375 some salt, nothing else. add sauce after done or roll them around on the grill or open foil 15 min before done if in a oven.
Pork spare ribs, these you have to cook the same way as above but for 2hrs at 325-350
Wrapping them in foil prevents water evaporation while the fat is liberated from the meet, spare ribs tend to have a lot of fat on them.
I'm drooling now!!
P.s. I think Jack Daniels BBQ sauce is the Best.
Hey Steve, Let me know when your planning
on doing this next... I'll be over!! :D

boatnam2
08-18-2005, 07:55 PM
2 hours at 350 make sure they are sealed tight in the foil so the steam in there own juice.

MagicMtnDan
08-18-2005, 07:57 PM
Boil 'em first.
This is funny - this topic's been covered on this forum plenty of times. Boating, drinking, boobs and ribs (not necessarily in that order) :D

Havasteve
08-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey Steve, Let me know when your planning
on doing this next... I'll be over!! :D
I just gagged down the last of them, they were goooood! Next time!

kronikenergy
08-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Just picked up a sweet offset firebox smoker so that I can crank out some authentic Texas style Briskett. I found tons of great info at these websites www.homebbq.com and www.thesmokering.com check out the forums these guys are BBQ gods.....Lots of tips and tricks as well as recipies.

totenhosen
08-19-2005, 07:35 AM
NO BOILING!!! That is just plain nasty. Would you boil a steak?
Do a search for BBQ and or ribs and you'll find a thread with good suggestions.

Havasteve
08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
NO BOILING!!! That is just plain nasty. Would you boil a steak?
Do a search for BBQ and or ribs and you'll find a thread with good suggestions.
I agree, I would never boil meet, just my thing. Good way to clean the flavor out, Pork tastes delicious and requires being cooked to bring the natural flavor out, salt helps natural flavor come out. throwing flavors and spices on it only gives you flavored pork,
I have too much time on my hands.
Hot Boat rib cook off anyone??