PDA

View Full Version : Luxury Taxes

Topock Junkie
08-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I have a question. If you by a used boat do you still have to pay luxury taxes in LA county.

Jyruiz
08-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, depending on how much you payed for the boat. Kalifornia will tax you for everything they can.

bordsmnj
08-18-2005, 03:31 PM
if the boat is not stored or used in LA county you don't have to pay the luxery tax on it but you will still hafta pay sales tax at that counties rate at purchase. bitch.
:D

Topock Junkie
08-18-2005, 03:34 PM
if the boat is not stored or used in LA county you don't have to pay the luxery tax on it but you will still hafta pay sales tax at that counties rate at purchase. bitch.
:D
Are you sure bitch.. I don't want this costing me anymore money. I think this whole luxury tax shet is a joke....

Havasu_Dreamin
08-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Keep in mind it aint only LA county that does the luxury tax thing

andy01
08-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Are you sure bitch.. I don't want this costing me anymore money. I think this whole luxury tax shet is a joke....
You have to prove that you removed the boat from LA county and then prove that is stored in another county/state. Gas bills from river trips/storage contract/ cancled checks for storage. It isn't easy, once LA find out you have the boat they are all over your shit to pay. But if you can prove that it isn't in LA you won't have any problems.

Topock Junkie
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
You have to prove that you removed the boat from LA county and then prove that is stored in another county/state. Gas bills from river trips/storage contract/ cancled checks for storage. It isn't easy, once LA find out you have the boat they are all over your shit to pay. But if you can prove that it isn't in LA you won't have any problems.
if you have a house in Az. What would you send them a copy of your mortgage or what.

andy01
08-18-2005, 03:43 PM
if you have a house in Az. What would you send them a copy of your mortgage or what.
Yeah something, and gas slips showing you towed the boat out there. It is a big ole goat ropping mess. I had two boats in Ca. and it was a bitch. One was at the river most of the time and they still wanted all kinds of shit. I ended up paying it because it was such a headace!
Andy