PDA

View Full Version : How do you find out

Keithb87
08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Events that may have happened at an address.
I just moved into a house in April. Today three of the neighborhood kids were staring at the house ( about 9 to 11 years old). When I came outside to see if they were ok, they told me a story......
"About a year before you guys moved in here a friend and I were in the back yard. The house was empty but we heard someone crying. We went to the window and saw the ghost of a little girl crying in the room. We took off. "
That's why the kids were in front of the house. They saw my 5 year old daughter the window and thought she was the ghost.
"A few days later we came back with another friend and the windows in the front were all busted out and there was BLOOD on the walls and BLOODY clothes all over the house. They went in to investigate and saw a "DEVIL" painted on the wall. And the address had been changed to 9999. " (kind of got that mixed up) :supp: :2purples: :supp:
Then he went on to tell me....
]"Someone was murdered here and that that's why the windows were all broke and the BLOODY clothes were all ofer the house." [/I] :supp: :2purples: :supp:
I know this house was vacant for 6 to 12 months and that some of the neighborhood kids has vandelized(sp) the house. But now I'm currious.
I talked to the kid across the street when we moved in and he did say that the people that used to live here were kind of wierd and that there was a huge Dragon painted on the wall in the Master Bedroom. But he did not say anything about a murder or a ghost.
Anyway is there anywat to find out what bad things may have happened at an address?

Boatcop
08-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Call John Edwards.

Keithb87
08-18-2005, 06:18 PM
Call John Edwards.
LOL... :D

Mohave Vice
08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
For starters go to your local police department and ask them for an "activity printout" of your address. Most PDs that I 've dealt with have a 3 year history of "dispatches" to specific addresses. Also do the same checking with your local fire department. Sometimes they are more willing to help you! Good luck with your search of the UNKNOWN!

ahhell
08-18-2005, 06:19 PM
If somebody was murdered in the house, I believe that has to be disclosed.
this is true...a friend had a house that a kid capped himself in...had to be disclosed in the sales doc's

slink
08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Both Bob and Vice are correct.

Phat Matt
08-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Does your house look like this?
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/uploads/amityville021804.jpg

Keithb87
08-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Ok.. So I'll call off the Ghost Busters for now :eek: :eek:

Kilrtoy
08-18-2005, 06:31 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHH :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
Run and dont look back

HocusPocus
08-18-2005, 06:41 PM
you said you have talked with the neighborhood kids.. but have you talked to any of the home owners in the area? kids arn't always the best source :)

Nord
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Better call Whoopi!!!
http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/ghost.gif

bordsmnj
08-18-2005, 07:26 PM
your doooooooooooooomed! :2purples: :2purples:

Mandelon
08-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Sounds right to me, check with the cops and realtors...your realtor can check MLS to see if had sold prior to your purchase.
I worked on the house where the Heaven's Gate multiple suicide was. Weird vibe in there......be nice to the ghost girl.... :cool:

Boatcop
08-18-2005, 08:41 PM
We worked the part of the Heavens Gate thing over here. That one guy who was the spokesman after the group left to meet the ship came over to Ehrenberg, set up a tent and piped a CO2 tank and car exhaust into it.
Purple shroud, black sweats, new Nikes, 5 bucks and change, the whole thing.
A rookie Deputy found him. It was one of his first calls on his first day running solo. Hows that for a way to start a new job.
http://www.rickross.com/reference/heavensgate/gate26.html

C-2
08-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Speak with adults.
If LE can't or won't give you any info - find out who lived there and do a search with your local paper, or even a reporter who covers your "beat". If it's not online, visit the company itself or your library.
If you need a list of names, PM me.
But remember....you could be unleashing a double-edged sword depending upon what you find out, and your newly inherited disclosure requirements.

KACHINA KEN
08-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I believe if there was ever a suicide that has to be disclosed as well.

C-2
08-18-2005, 08:56 PM
And count me in the Heavens Gate club too. We did the inspection/eviction,lockout for HSA after they foreclosed on the owner. Wonder why he stopped paying??? Got pics and vid laying around here somewhere, along with all the other bizarro homes. :eek: :eek:

NOTALENT
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
thats freaky....hope it checks out alright...

voodoomedman
08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
law states any known deaths need to be disclosed if the occured within I believe 5 years. Anytime before that and it is just ethics involved.

Magic34
08-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Ok.. So I'll call off the Ghost Busters for now :eek: :eek:
OK, so if you're in Mesa and anywhere around Val Vista and McKellips, I'm getting the hell out of here.
Sh*t would trip me out, even if only 5% true. I wouldn't research it, you have probably made money on it since April so sell and find something else. I'd leave all my stuff in there too so the ghost doesn't get in any of my boxes and tries to come with me.

Wavemaker
08-18-2005, 09:57 PM
OOOOOHHHHH Scary!!! Wait until Holloween, now that's a scary thought!
- Wavemaker

HCS
08-18-2005, 10:03 PM
People die all the time. They have to die somewhere.
If you think you have ghost you'll have to remove all the windows in the house for them to leave.
If you need help my son-in law does windows. :D

Jbb
08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Do you observe any ...unusual ...bedtime activities?
http://www.the-exorcist.co.uk/pictures/pics/exorcist.jpg
or ...levitation...?
http://www.examinethetruth.com/excorcist.jpeg

CNeidhart
08-19-2005, 05:43 AM
this is true...a friend had a house that a kid capped himself in...had to be disclosed in the sales doc's
Sorry, in Arizona that is not correct. The Seller does not have to disclose a death, murder or suicide anymore.
If you had a "Buyer's Broker" and he/she knew you were concerned with the history of the home. They could have directed you to a web site that keeps records of such activies. I forgot the website, but it is on the "Buyer's Advisory" form or cover sheet. If you don't have that call the Police Department in the City you recide in and make an inquiry. They should be able to help a little or at least direct you in the right direction. Also you could try and get the "CLUE" report from your Insurance Agent. That will show all claims in the home. If there was a murder or violent death, there may have been a claim for the clean up.
Good Luck.

Keithb87
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
:2purples: After I posted this last night y GF saw a strange shadow in the kitchen after I went to bed. :2purples:
Of course it was after I told her the storyfrom the kids too. I'll go meet the neighbors tonight and see if there is any truth to the kid's story. Then I'll call the local PD and inquire about any strange calls to the address over the last 3 to 5 years.
When I bought the house the Seller had only owned it for 3 months. Bought it as an investment property in forclosure, did some repairs and sold it. He would'n have known about any stuff that might of went on.
I might just leav it alone as there have been no strange things happening.......
YET

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
:2purples: After I posted this last night y GF saw a strange shadow in the kitchen after I went to bed. :2purples:
Of course it was after I told her the storyfrom the kids too. I'll go meet the neighbors tonight and see if there is any truth to the kid's story. Then I'll call the local PD and inquire about any strange calls to the address over the last 3 to 5 years.
When I bought the house the Seller had only owned it for 3 months. Bought it as an investment property in forclosure, did some repairs and sold it. He would'n have known about any stuff that might of went on.
I might just leav it alone as there have been no strange things happening.......
YET
PM me your address and I'll see if I can come up with anything.

Morg
08-19-2005, 07:35 PM
It would be real interesting to find ouut if something did happen.
Moved into our new house in Reno 5-1/2 years ago. Soon after we moved in we noticed a few strange things. Just little things. I have two Akita's, every ounce in a while they both jump up & goto to certain area's of the house. Earlier tonight the male Akita Hito jumped up, hair stood up & starred at a corner of the living room while not making a sound, a few seconds later our female Akita Keesha came from the bedroom & goined Hito starring at a corner. Usually they just stair, But Hito has gotten real pissed, grouled & snarled at nothing a few times.
The strangest one was when my wife awoke to seing the dogs both alert & starring into a certain part of the bedroom she looked & thought he saw a shadow. By the time she kicked me under the covers & woke me up it was gone. I have never seen anything.
Turns out where I live in Reno is the same spot where setlers would camp & gear up for the final push over the sierras. You can still see part of the original road in & out of the area where I live.
Coincidence or not??????

4day!!
08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Moved into our new house in Reno 5-1/2 years ago. Soon after we moved in we noticed a few strange things. Just little things. I have two Akita's, every ounce in a while they both jump up & goto to certain area's of the house. Earlier tonight the male Akita Hito jumped up, hair stood up & starred at a corner of the living room while not making a sound, a few seconds later our female Akita Keesha came from the bedroom & goined Hito starring at a corner. Usually they just stair, But Hito has gotten real pissed, grouled & snarled at nothing a few times.
The strangest one was when my wife awoke to seing the dogs both alert & starring into a certain part of the bedroom she looked & thought he saw a shadow. By the time she kicked me under the covers & woke me up it was gone. I have never seen anything.
Turns out where I live in Reno is the same spot where setlers would camp & gear up for the final push over the sierras. You can still see part of the original road in & out of the area where I live.
Coincidence or not??????
Damn bro, that just made the hair on my neck stand up and gave me goose bumps as well.
In our previous house there was a death about a year before we bought it. She died of cancer right there in the master bedroom. We knew about this and also knew the seller very well. I had had met the lady who had died a few times. She was one of my best friends aunt. She was very young, maybe 38, mother of two and an absolute sweetheart. Everybody was always making comparisons to her since she was the typical mother of the year. She absolutely adored her two children. Anyway, my son was about 2 and we had been in the house for about 1 1/2 years. We still had the baby monitor on in his room and ours. One night about 2-3am my wife woke me up. Pissed off i grumbled "WHAT", she says "ssshhh! listen". We could hear my son talking to someone through the monitor. It was a full on conversation(as much as a 2 y/o can have). We could also hear kind of a staticy(sp) mumbling taliking back at him. I quietly went to my sons room and peeked in. He was sitting on the edge of his bed just straing across the room(3am). He looked up at me and then layed back down and went to sleep. I looked in the direction he was staring and saw nothing. It didnt' hit my wife and i until the next day that possibly it was the woman who had died in the house. It freaked us out, but didn't really bother or scare us too much, since the lady was such a sweetheart.
I used to work graveyards at an aerospace plant. One night a coworker and i were driving to another building across the facility. Suddenly he slammed on the brakes, locking them up. I said "WTF". He jumped out of the truck and ran to the front. I follwed him. "He said did you see that?". I said "see what". He replied "that old man old man that walked in front of the truck". I told him he was high. But he was extremely adament about seeing him. He was even sweaty and pale. Turns out, about 20 years ago a security gaurd dropped dead of a heart attack in that area of the facility. Many people have seen him. And the description matched what my coworker saw.
Sorry for the highjack :confused: :confused:

Miss Perfect
08-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok, you guys are FREAKING me out tonight! :eek:

C-2
08-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Damn, keep em' coming. I like ghost stories...afterall, they're just ghosts, not like they can kick you in the junk. I keep flip flopping on whether or not I believe in them. :eek: :eek:

Jbb
08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Boo...
<embed src="http://wtv-zone.com/caseman/halo/wav/scream5.wav" autostart="true" loop="true2" width="0" height="0"></embed>

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 08:28 PM
they dont give your kids are hard time,that would just suck.Id keep a eye on that.....give you 40k for it this weekend :mix:

ROZ
08-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Damn, keep em' coming. I like ghost stories...afterall, they're just ghosts, not like they can kick you in the junk. I keep flip flopping on whether or not I believe in them. :eek: :eek:
Alright...
Many years ago when I was about 12 years old, my mom was on the phone and was kind of upset. As I walked past her and entered the our dark garage, I heard her talking about how my aunt had died. when I opened the door I saw the glow of my now dead aunt and a woman on each side. All were visible from about the knees up and apeared to be walking through the garage toward me. I slammed the door and ran into the house. My mom hung up the phone quickly to ask what was wrong.... Apparently I looked as if I'd seen a ghost ;) ... Anyway, I told her what I thought I had witnessed. I described( I remember vividly) the 2 women who were with my aunt to my mom, and she about freaked! I described my aunt's 2 sisters who had been dead for atleast 20 years before I was born... My mom immediately grabbed a box of pictures that hadn't been opend fo 15 years, and had did a lineup of a few pictures of some ladies. I picked out their pictures! :jawdrop:

Outnumbered
08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Great stories. I have heard many like these before. They are all pretty similar. Seems the stories are too similar to be a coincidence.

Morg
08-20-2005, 05:38 AM
Son of a bitch, Who the F put up the scream. I thought the lady in the house behind me was getting murdered this morning. Shit.......
Actually, I really never liked her. But still, shit

callbob4homes
08-20-2005, 06:23 AM
couple of stories, both true
In 1975, I was in the trucking business hauling produce mainly from Az to Cal. I dozed off between 99 and I- 5, (or where it would be now) ran off the right side of the road and turned the truck over. Was not injured, but when I called my folks the next morning, my dad dropped the phone and when my mother came on, asked me what time it happened and where. Apparently my dad woke up at the EXACT time it happened, and in a cold sweat, told my mom that I had just wrecked my truck! He saw me fall asleep, run off the road and the truck turning over. He even described the area.
A few years back, My wife and I, with her sister and her husband, along with their 3 or 4 year old boy were in New Orleans. They went to tour some old mansions. They were going through this one when they noticed the little boy had lagged behind. When the mother went back and got him, she asked him where he went. He said he was just talking to that little girl in the last room.
As the tour was winding down, the guide told them the story of a little girl that quite a few people have seen in this house, that had perished.
They freaked out. :2purples:

Wally_Gator
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
One from me...
My Mother passed away when I was 9.
Now the other night My 2 year old daughter was sitting in my lap and started looking up towards the ceiling and back and forth. She has barely started to put sentences together and I asked her:" Faith, what are you looking at?"
and clearly she responded: "Your mommy"...
It freaked me out.. But also made me feel good...

Magic34
08-20-2005, 09:28 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
There are some messed up stories here. :notam:

Vada
08-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Some freaky stories! Gives me the jeebies.
Does anyone have anymore to tell....I like a good ghost story

Vada
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
I remember one time when I was about 16 or so, I was staying at my friends house. We always hung out in her basement since there was a TV and rooms down there.
Well one night, I went upstairs to go to the washroom (no washroom downstairs) and when I came out of the washroom, I saw my friends dog walk past the bathroom door to the laundry room (right across the hall from the washroom). As I was walking towards the basment, I kept calling the dogs name so he would follow me downstairs(didn't want him locked upstairs). The dog just sat there staring at me. I called his name a few more times and then closed the door behind me and went downstairs. When I got downstairs, the dog was lying on the couch. I asked my friend if the dog went upstairs at all and she had no clue what I was talking about. The dog was there the whole time.sleeping! :2purples: :eek: :2purples:
Scared the bejebus outta me!

Keithb87
08-20-2005, 10:09 AM
My 5 year old daughter does talk to her dead great g-ma a lot lately..
Someone that she has never met, but shares the same name.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Coincidence or not??????
Reading this totally gave me the chills! :jawdrop:

Morg
08-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I do have another one,
Soon after my dad passed away, My wife awoke to see him standing on my side of the bed looking over me while I was sleeping. Unfortunatly me & my dad were not close & he passed at an early age. My wife did meet my dad a few times. She told me he looked diferent, very content, "the drugs & the guilt were gone from his eyes".
To this day thinking about it brings a warm fuzzy.
I dig this thread. Personaly I believe so strongly of this stuff. The things I have personaly seen just seem to be a normal part of life. There's a lot more out their than we accept as reality
BTW- Woogy Boogy Ooogy

Red Eye
08-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Speak with adults.
If LE can't or won't give you any info - find out who lived there and do a search with your local paper, or even a reporter who covers your "beat". If it's not online, visit the company itself or your library.
If you need a list of names, PM me.
But remember....you could be unleashing a double-edged sword depending upon what you find out, and your newly inherited disclosure requirements.
Double-edged sword maybe. But if something happened there and it wasn't disclosed to him, I think he may have a lawsuit w/ the real estate agency that listed it and sold it to him.

*!Ken's Wife!*
08-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes it is....by the realtor!

Keithb87
08-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Ok. I asked one of the Adults in the neighbor hood and they said that there was an older lady that had been stabbed to death in this house 3 or 4 years ago. So tommorow I will check with the local LE or FD and seee what I can find out.
I googled AZ Realestate law disclosure of death and found this.
32-2156. Real estate sales and leases; disclosure
A. No criminal, civil or administrative action may be brought against a transferor or lessor of real property or a licensee for failing to disclose that the property being transferred or leased is or has been:
1. The site of a natural death, suicide or homicide or any other crime classified as a felony.
2. Owned or occupied by a person exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus or diagnosed as having the acquired immune deficiency syndrome or any other disease that is not known to be transmitted through common occupancy of real estate.
3. Located in the vicinity of a sex offender.
B. Failing to disclose any fact or suspicion as set forth in subsection A shall not be grounds for termination or rescission of any transaction in which real property has been or will be transferred or leased.
I also put in a call to my realator to see if there is anything that I should do, or if I should just leave it alone.
From the info above it looks like in Arizona I have no leg to stand on for any compensation for freaky things that might go on here. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with any ghosts that might or might not be here. :)