PDA

View Full Version : My Little "Project"

BADBLOWN572
08-18-2005, 10:54 PM
As some of you know, I have had a little project going on that has spanned two continents. The first boat finally hit the water this afternoon/evening and to say that I am impressed doesn't even come close. If you want to see pictures, click on the link below. This is the first step just to test the waters. After receiving these, we have already placed an order for an additional 3 boats and they should be here in the next 3-4 months.
Project Part 1 (http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3302)
Project Part 2 (http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6357)

NorCal Gameshow
08-18-2005, 11:17 PM
just got the page: Not logged in...
another forgotten password :hammer2:

BADBLOWN572
08-18-2005, 11:28 PM
You have to register to RRL to see the pictures. They are nice enough to host the pictures :rollside: versus uploading them elsewhere and then linking to them. :yuk:

BADBLOWN572
08-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Very Nice!!!
What will the 18' run for $$?
I have been thinking a wood boat would be perfect for cruisin Canyon Lake.
We really havent sat down and started pricing everything out yet, but believe it or not these things should be about the same price as an equally equipped fiberglass boat of the same size. If I had to ballpark the 18'er with a fuel injected 350 all setup to run, it would be somewhere around $60k ready to go. I will know more as soon as I get everything setup and can actually calculate the build cost. :)

superdave013
08-19-2005, 06:52 AM
that's bad ass Danny. Congrats!

barbigrl
08-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Congrats Danny!! It looks like all your hard work has paid off my friend!! However, it sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you too!! :)

BADBLOWN572
08-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Congrats Danny!! It looks like all your hard work has paid off my friend!! However, it sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you too!! :)
Yep, I do have quite a bit of work ahead of me. This first one took me around 100+ hours to get done. I am hoping that the little one takes somewhere around 60-80 to get the first one done. Hopefully after that, they should go together easier because I know exactly what needs to be done. However, with a total of 5 boats being built, I am sure to have some long nights and devoted weekends to these things. :(

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey Danny, you wanna join us for Taco night tonight???

BADBLOWN572
08-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey Danny, you wanna join us for Taco night tonight???
I will see what I can do, but it is doubtful. :(

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 10:35 AM
As some of you know, I have had a little project going on that has spanned two continents. The first boat finally hit the water this afternoon/evening and to say that I am impressed doesn't even come close. If you want to see pictures, click on the link below. This is the first step just to test the waters. After receiving these, we have already placed an order for an additional 3 boats and they should be here in the next 3-4 months.
Project Part 1 (http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3302)
Project Part 2 (http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6357)
Sorry, they have the door bolted shut still.........( . )( . )......... :cry: :p I would sure like to see it though :cool:

Jordy
08-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I would sure like to see it though :cool:
Yeah, and people in hell sure would like ice water. :D :D :D

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, and people in hell sure would like ice water. :D :D :D
Hell no, we drink BEER .........( . )( . )........... :D

BADBLOWN572
08-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Here is a quick little teaser. You will have to go to RRL to see the rest.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3038/1598water1.jpg

barbigrl
08-19-2005, 02:08 PM
So when do we get to see one of these babies live D??

Froggystyle
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Those are bad ass Danny!
Well done on your project. What a feat spanning the two countries.
They are truly beautiful. Great job.

Sleek-Jet
08-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Those are bad ass Danny!
Well done on your project. What a feat spanning the two countries.
They are truly beautiful. Great job.
Two countries... hell, two continents and a large ocean... :D
Nice job Danny. :D

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Here is a quick little teaser. You will have to go to RRL to see the rest.
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=666&stc=1
Thats the same place :notam: ..........( . )( . )............ :lightsabe :D

BADBLOWN572
08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
So when do we get to see one of these babies live D??
Don't know. Was thinking of bringing it out on Labor Day to Parker, but all that I need is some idiot doing something stupid and scratching it, hitting it, etc... I am not so worried about the boat, but about me ending up in handcuffs if someone did that. :hammerhea I think the police have a code for it called 187. ;) I don't know. I am sure that I will get these out pretty soon, but the more I think about it, probably not on Labor Day.

Cole Trickle
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't know. Was thinking of bringing it out on Labor Day to Parker, but all that I need is some idiot doing something stupid and scratching it, hitting it, etc... I am not so worried about the boat, but about me ending up in handcuffs if someone did that. :hammerhea I think the police have a code for it called 187. ;) I don't know. I am sure that I will get these out pretty soon, but the more I think about it, probably not on Labor Day.
Danny,
The boat looks great you must have been really proud when it was backed off the trailer for the first time!!:D
It probablly a good idea to leave it home on a big weekend....
There are way to many hours of hard work invested to risk possible scratches/dings.

truksnboats
08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Beautuful piece of floating art!!

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
May I please see a picture of this boat?..........( . )( . ).....Don't say go to RRL either thanks............ :wink:

BADBLOWN572
08-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Danny,
The boat looks great you must have been really proud when it was backed off the trailer for the first time!!:D
It probablly a good idea to leave it home on a big weekend....
There are way to many hours of hard work invested to risk possible scratches/dings.
Yeah, I have decided that I am going to leave it at home or Labor Day. I am sure that there will be plenty of other times that we can use it up in Parker. Probably use it as our shuttle for the weekend of the Parker 300 from the keys down to Blue Water. :)

BADBLOWN572
08-25-2005, 06:06 PM
For your enjoyment here is a video of the maiden voyage on the first wooden boat. :)
Wooden Boat Water Test #1 (http://www.riverratlife.net/dave/videos/Danny2.wmv)

Floored
08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
That is a BOAT with a capital B!!! Total Class I hope you sell the heck out of them. DCB eat your heart out.

ColeTR2
08-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Cool!

Ultrafied
08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Talk about popping a chubby! :) :) That is so sweet, I love the looks of a wooden boat and that thing sounds goood. Be proud, you have a helluva machine there. :cool:

BADBLOWN572
08-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words. We just placed another order for three more boats over in Thailand. That means that we will have a total of eight boats within the U.S. in the next 6 months. :) We have also started another special "project" in Thailand that I should be able to let everyone know if the next couple of weeks. :) There has been more interest than originally anticipated and it appears that these things are going to be a good venture. :)

Sane Asylum
08-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Very SWEET!!!!

BADBLOWN572
08-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Cool!
We are going to be using these things as the shuttle boat for our group from the Keys down to Blue Water on the weekend of the Parker 300. :) Check it out. Hopefully you will be in town that weekend. :)

jdogginla
08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Great looking project danny