PDA

View Full Version : just got fired...happy new year

dicudmore
12-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Anybody knows anybody looking for a Service manager or advisor I'm now available...

Squirtin Thunder
12-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Wtf ??????

Wizard29
12-30-2005, 12:28 PM
No Details?
At least you have one of the best avatars I've ever seen...

OGShocker
12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Anybody knows anybody looking for a Service manager or advisor I'm now available...
SONOFABITCH! Sorry to hear that Dan. Call Symes Cadillac and talk to Vic Marsh, see what he has. Tell him Mark from Tinker told you to call. That's all I have... Good luck brother!

doesitfloat?
That really sucks, man. Keep your chin up and stay aggressive...things usually work out for the best.
I got back from my honeymoon in 96 and was handed 2 checks. Great, I just got married, saving for a house, $10,000 honeymoon and I'm "laid off".
Looking back, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I wouldn't be nearly as successful (if at all) had I stayed w/ that dead end company.
Good luck...

Squirtin Thunder
I would go to the GMs desk and piss on it.

PlyaPlya22
12-30-2005, 12:33 PM
D..I'm sorry to hear that. There must be better things in store in 06!

Cole Trickle
12-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear of the news Dan.... :cry:
Hopefully it is for the best. :rollside:

FMluvswater
12-30-2005, 12:43 PM
2006 has gotta be your year ... emphasis on new :idea: ... new girlfriend and new job and both upgrades. :wink: :clover: Fingers crossed for you. :smile:

HOOTER SLED-
12-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear the news. I can tell you there sure are a few Chevy dealers that need to can ALOT of sorry asses over here. Maybe you can bring some skills to other dealers that need it. Good luck.

Phat Matt
12-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Damn dude. That sucks. What happened? :(

Jyruiz
12-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Shit, what bastards, hope you find another job soon bro.

Essex29
12-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Dan. What happened?

redneckgirl
12-30-2005, 12:55 PM
:yuk: Dan that sucks!!!! Sorry to here that! Now is your chance to more to the zoo permanently!!!! :) :) Think on the bright side!! Best of luck. Here is to a better 2006!!!!
RNG

djunkie
12-30-2005, 12:58 PM
WTF????? Didn't you just get that job Dan? Well i'll keep my eyes open for something.

SummitKarl
12-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Damn Dan that sucks..........I am sorry, I am sure the POWER of HB will find you a good hook up :) chin up Lad..positive attitude breeds success

MOBrien
12-30-2005, 01:00 PM
ditto.... ditto..... ditto.......
WTF happened? That bites ass.

Holland
12-30-2005, 01:16 PM
WOW.... I'm sorry Dan... If I hear anything, I will call you...

Biglue
12-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear Dan. Wish you the best of luck. I'm sure a job is right arond the corner for you.

INSman
12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
They aren't getting any more of my business if you are not there !!!!
Dan, I think Lake Havasu is calling your name (permanently) !!!! :cool:

kmcmktg
12-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Ouch. That sucks.
Got let go two weeks before Christmas, 2001. Two weeks after my oldest son was born. That was a wakeup call - I bled productivity via long commute, long hours, extensive travel (to boat shows...I guess that wasn't so bad) for the better part of three years, but when they decided it was time to restructure management, no one was safe from the chopper. Worse than that, I didn't even get the news directly from the owners of the company - the local office manager had to do it. I felt worse for him (he is a great guy) than I did for me.
It all worked out for the best. Now I have a great job just a mile from home, and can actually have breakfast with the kids every morning and pick 'em up from childcare every afternoon. Plus I still get to hit the occassional boat show.
Good luck with the job hunt - there's something better out there; all ya gotta do is stay focused and get after it.

purrfecttremor
12-30-2005, 01:32 PM
WTF Dan Happy New YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of employer woul'd do that during the Holidays? Sounds like You needed to get out of there anyway!Good luck
Bill

gigamurph
12-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah; doesn't it suck that they think that if they "wait" until after Christmas to let ya go that they're doin' you a favor? I'm hearin' grumblings like my days are numbered at my job too. But like everyone says; try to keep your chin up and hopefully it will turn out to be the best. Good luck in 2006!

hoolign
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Maybe you should post the Phone # to the place, and we could all phone there to make an appointment,... then " Oh Dan's not there anymore?? well I'll have to go somewhere else then!" :D ... onward and upward!

Biglue
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Maybe you should post the Phone # to the place, and we could all phone there to make an appointment,... then " Oh Dan's not there anymore?? well I'll have to go somewhere else then!" :D ... onward and upward!
That is an excellent idea. We should do that and ask for him by name. That he is highly recommended to you. Make them feel like dumbasses for letting Dan go.

hoolign
12-30-2005, 01:58 PM
That is an excellent idea. We should do that and ask for him by name. That he is highly recommended to you. Make them feel like dumbasses for letting Dan go.
Especailly since I would be driving down from Canada to have my oil changed :D

OutCole'd
12-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Damn Dan, sorry to hear the bad news. Best of luck to you

syke-o
12-30-2005, 02:21 PM
that sucks dude.... but you seem like the type of guy that will turn it around into a positive.. good luck!!!

THOR
12-30-2005, 02:33 PM
That sucks ass Dan. Sorry. There has to be some good dealers in need of a Dan.

RVRGIRL
12-30-2005, 02:45 PM
I got fired on Dec 16th of this year!! Been looking for work. Hard to find a job with the holidays. Very bad way for the year 2 end...

h20skiracer
12-30-2005, 02:54 PM
I just got fired yesterday! F****in bastards! Anyone who has to fire someone during the holidays is a sackless dick.

BarryMac
12-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear the news Dan, I'll keep an ear out for you. Best of luck and here is to a much better 2006 for you...

Red Horse
12-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Hang in there Dan. You will get another job quickly. I know that.

NautiII
12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your job! Keep the faith. something will turn up for you! just keep your avatar in mind! that would make anyone smile!!

dicudmore
12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
ok just for the record it is 805-582-6100

ROZ
12-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Dicudmore and H20skiracer, it's for the better in the end. Like the others have said, good things to come... 06 will be a good year for you :)

Windy
12-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Bummer Dan...I hope everything works out for you.

chub
12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
"Greg" just said "you were gone for the weekend." Isaid I call back Monday.

mbrown2
12-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Dan....wish I had connections in the auto industry...wish you the best of luck...the first of the year is always a good time to look for job anyway as companies get their new budgets.

bigkatboat
12-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Dan, the GM dealer here needs a lot of help! I won't take my new ESV near the place. I don't want you to be 'overworked', but we could use a guy that DELIVERS SERVICE in this "one boat town". Can you take a 55% cut in pay? This town is also very "nickle- dime".

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Dammit! They screwed up! I told them to TRANSFER you (to Elsinore) not FIRE you. (Napoleon voice--->) IDIOTS!!!
Sorry to hear that, Dan. Time for a change, I guess.

Squirtin Thunder
12-30-2005, 06:26 PM
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: ok just for the record it is 805-582-6100

fourspeednup
12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
That sucks...I'm sure you will figure out something new for 06. I've worked auto service for the last 6 years and a competent service manager won't have to look hard for an opening. I will keep an eye open in the Ventura County area.
On a side note...I was laid off about 2 weeks ago and it has given me a chance to work on some new opportunites. Looking forward to what 06 has in store.
Good luck Dan :)

hoolign
12-30-2005, 07:05 PM
No answer??? :yuk:

Riverkid
12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
We were side tied to a GM service manager's boat after the Catalina Race last year. He's based out of OC. Perhaps he can hook up a fellow boater?
Shoot me a PM if you'd like his contact info...

RP1
12-30-2005, 08:36 PM
This sucks... did this not happen about six months ago and you were selling the boat to make ends-meat? I would look into a different profession if this is the kind of crap you have to go through within one years peiod.
Good luck again on the job search.

IN2-IN2MX
12-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Sorry Dan...that totally sucks. :yuk: Don't worry...2006 is gonna be your year...you deserve it :rollside:

ScapeGoat
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
Dude sorry,
wish they would fire me, just found out today that I have a new years eve party for 50 ppl, no bar no big order less than 500$ and the cheap bastards brought there own drinks at todays dinner.well they brought drinks for me when I took them, the benifit is I am guaranteed summer holidays :)

piper
12-31-2005, 02:31 AM
Sorry to hear that you got laid off Dan. Hey if you have anytype of experience working on aircraft, helicopter, or the H-60 Blackhawk let me know. We are looking for mechanics. The pay is excellent!! No Joke. The location sucks though and you would be working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day minimum. Yeah I know it sounds bad but the money is excellent. PM me if you want more details. By the way look at my avatar, that will give you a clue as to where I am and why we need mechanics.

hoolign
12-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Sorry to hear that you got laid off Dan. Hey if you have anytype of experience working on aircraft, helicopter, or the H-60 Blackhawk let me know. We are looking for mechanics. The pay is excellent!! No Joke. The location sucks though and you would be working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day minimum. Yeah I know it sounds bad but the money is excellent. PM me if you want more details. By the way look at my avatar, that will give you a clue as to where I am and why we need mechanics.
If you guys need someone to empty the ashytays and fill tires on those bad boys! I'm your man! I also wash a mean windscreen! As for the fixing of the motor..not so good! but...i can check fuses like a mo/fo!! :D I'm pretty damn good at shooting things that move :crossx: :crossx:

piper
12-31-2005, 05:43 AM
If you guys need someone to empty the ashytays and fill tires on those bad boys! I'm your man! I also wash a mean windscreen! As for the fixing of the motor..not so good! but...i can check fuses like a mo/fo!! :D I'm pretty damn good at shooting things that move :crossx: :crossx:
Well you've just describe exactly what a crew cheif does on a blackhawk. Looks like your qualified for that position. I'll let you know when there are openings there. I'll make sure to have a vest ready for you with a Canandian flag sewed on. :rollside:

Mohave Vice
12-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Made the call ths morning for a trans flush. Set the appointment for 10:00 a.m. on 01-03-06. Asked to confirm the appointment with Dan. Said not there anymore ........I cancelled! Sounds like they.re getting a few calls. It's amazing how business owners never realize that their employees are their biggest assets. People do business with whom they like. DAN..........hang in there bud! If you need a reference .............. you got my number!!!!!!!!!
Steve

Kachina26
12-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Just for the record, I know for a fact that Dan is an outstanding service professional and if I had him at my shop, I might not have wanted out of the business so badly. If anyone needs a good writer or manager Dan's your man! Personally, I'd like to see him running Bradley Chev, I know they have the Ford manager running both stores. So they could probably use a little help. Good luck Dan.

hoolign
12-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Made the call ths morning for a trans flush. Set the appointment for 10:00 a.m. on 01-03-06. Asked to confirm the appointment with Dan. Said not there anymore ........I cancelled! Sounds like they.re getting a few calls. It's amazing how business owners never realize that their employees are their biggest assets. People do business with whom they like. DAN..........hang in there bud! If you need a reference .............. you got my number!!!!!!!!!
Steve
20 -30 more over the next week will get them thinkin!!

RitcheyRch
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I got laid off on Dec 2nd and already found another job. I start the new job on Jan 10th. There is work out there. You need to network. Thats how I found my new job. I'm sure this board will help with finding another job.
Good luck to you.
I got fired on Dec 16th of this year!! Been looking for work. Hard to find a job with the holidays. Very bad way for the year 2 end...

riverracerx
01-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Dan,
Call me at work tomorrow:
818-973-3414

H20Advantage
01-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news. I know it doesn't pay the bills but everything happens for a reason.
Hope the doors of opportunity open for you soon...

01-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I just got fired yesterday! F****in bastards! Anyone who has to fire someone during the holidays is a sackless dick.
i agree but most employers dont give a shit about anyone or anyones family

Sane Asylum
01-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Dan......
Dunno if a move to Phoenix is realistic but there's a new dealership going up every five minutes.........
I would marry a dealership if any of the service managers were worth a chit.....(except for ArtV :D :D )
If a service manager had once owned a Cheetah and enjoyed a Catalina trip every now and then, I'd be a loyal service customer for life......
Hang in there...........
Good luck!

Big Warlock
01-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Just saw this. I have been off the boards for awhile. Have to say SANE is right. Move to Arizona. You'll be happy you did. They are desparate for people. I know a few dealership people over here and can get you an interview.
It all happens for a reason. It'll work out and you can move up from your Cheetah!!!

kevnmcd
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear this, Dan! I am confident that something will come your way that will be better than the last.

HCS
01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Well that stinks! Hot Boat does it again.

barbigrl
01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Look I have an unemployed Buddy to hang with now!! Cool no more going to the movies by myself!! haha.. Don't worry Dan I am sure something is in store for you just around the corner!! With more money too!! :D

Debbolas
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm so sorry Dan,
come on over for dinner, we will cheer you up......
luv Deb

SMFRiverRat
01-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Man that just sucks. My wife got laid off on the 16th. Loved her job too. She just found another one that will result in more pay, time off and benifits. Its only a mile further to work so now she will have to drive 3 miles instead of two.
She told them that she can't start for another week so we are off to Maui on Monday.
It will work out for all us that the got the boot this Holiday Season. Good Luck to everybody.

dicudmore
01-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Man that just sucks. My wife got laid off on the 16th. Loved her job too. She just found another one that will result in more pay, time off and benifits. Its only a mile further to work so now she will have to drive 3 miles instead of two.
She told them that she can't start for another week so we are off to Maui on Monday.
It will work out for all us that the got the boot this Holiday Season. Good Luck to everybody.
nice timing...have a good vacation :D

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Dan, any good news yet ???

dicudmore
01-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Dan, any good news yet ???
details will be shared as soon as they arrive :cool:

riverjunkie
01-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I know this is a little far for you if you live in Santa Clarita but the Power Chevrolet off the 405 at Rosecrans has a posting for Service Advisor, saw it this morning. 2 cents, tryin to help.

PUMP 'HER'
01-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Hey Dan, gimme a call I've got a job for you. You wanna unload ocean containers @$8 and hour? Helps if you hablas espanol. Sorry to hear about this Dan, hope everything works out for ya.

WYRD
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I just seen this thread, Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hope things turn around for you.

Ducatista
01-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news Dan...sucks big time. Hope you land something soon brother.

dicudmore
01-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I know this is a little far for you if you live in Santa Clarita but the Power Chevrolet off the 405 at Rosecrans has a posting for Service Advisor, saw it this morning. 2 cents, tryin to help.
thank you :cool:

dicudmore
01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey Dan, gimme a call I've got a job for you. You wanna unload ocean containers @$8 and hour? Helps if you hablas espanol. Sorry to hear about this Dan, hope everything works out for ya.
my espanol is a little limited :mad:

shadow
01-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Dan, the GM dealer here needs a lot of help! I won't take my new ESV near the place. I don't want you to be 'overworked', but we could use a guy that DELIVERS SERVICE in this "one boat town". Can you take a 55% cut in pay? This town is also very "nickle- dime".
Dan,Hear you are going to meet with Tim.
Don't know where bigkat gets his info but there aint no 55% cut in pay
at a dealer out here.
Be prepared for a cut but thats only due to volume of customers.My hourly
rate aint far from what i left iin So Cal.Don't flag quite as much,I definately flag more hrs than the amount of time i'm at work.Theres definately decent $$ money to be made as long as you are aggressive and know your bussiness.