PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with California

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:11 AM
We'll after much consideration, which did'nt take long, we are moving out of California. We are going to be moving to Kentucky. I can deal with layed back people more than these god damn inconsiderate, no respect ahole people here.
:wink:

UnionJack
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
from apple valley to there shoundn't be much different

dropt98chevy
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
We'll after much consideration, which did'nt take long, we are moving out of California. We are going to be moving to Kentucky. I can deal with layed back people more than these god damn inconsiderate, no respect ahole people here.
Sooooo your going to leave us liberal hippies
:messedup: and go to a state where the motto is "incest is the best, put your sister to the test"? j/p

cdog
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
The south is a awsome place to live. Good Luck.

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Gonna be alot diffrent, no more driving down the cajon pass to go to work. Plus the house I'm buying is huge and has no neighbors for miles

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:14 AM
hey as long as they brush that one tooth, I'm cool with them.

PalapaHead
08-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Uhhh.....BUH-BYE!!! Take your neighbors with ya, tired of MY freeways clogged by transplants!!! LATE! :cry: :yuk: :p :boxingguy :hammerhea :rollside:

WYRD
08-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Ahhhh to hell with you then :idea: :p :p :p GL out there and try not to sleep with your sister :idea: :devil:

cdog
08-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Sooooo your going to leave us liberal hippies
:messedup: and go to a state where the motto is "incest is the best, put your sister to the test"? j/p
That's a pretty closed minded thing to say. I thought a good liberal never judges people. :rollside: Just f'in with ya!

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Also, no lines at the boat ramps!!!! And the lakes and rivers are alot bigger and less crowded than here.

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Transplant???? I was born and raised right here in good ole Northern Mexico.

dropt98chevy
08-19-2005, 11:19 AM
That's a pretty closed minded thing to say. I thought a good liberal never judges people. :rollside: Just f'in with ya!
Liberals don't fight either but they will kick you in the balls and run.

cdog
08-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Also, no lines at the boat ramps!!!! And the lakes and rivers are alot bigger and less crowded than here.
Very true.....There's way more boating in the south than here in cali. Mabey we'll see you on tv at the bass pro tour. Everyone I know in the south has some kind of boat.

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:20 AM
You are also leaving the smog........( . )( . ).behind :D

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Damn, forgot about the smog. Now I'll have to stay. :D

Jbb
08-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Kind of a no brainer there...leave smog...liberals ...gangs lines at the ramp behind for clean air,water and less crowds.....good luck...you wont look back and miss anything I am thinking

mxbundy
08-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I maybe right behind you.
I am feeling the presure of trying to start a business, work at my full time job and pay my mortgage in this hellfa expensive economy we got going here.
bundy

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Damn, forgot about the smog. Now I'll have to stay. :D
Shit no, everytime you want to remember Cali..just bend down and inhale that tail pipe..ahhh..California :D ...........( . )( . ).........

PalapaHead
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Kentucky ***boat
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11650houseboat.jpg

riverbound
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Ok...see ya, have fun

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 11:32 AM
LOL Kim, that's one way of putting it. Personaly, I think it will be much better for my daughter, who is 6, to grow up. Plus, on my medical retirement from law enforcement we can live alot better and I wont have to work so much.

Ducatista
Good luck...be sure to put up a basketball hoop in the front driveway...I think it's a law there or something. :wink:

Kim Hanson
Kentucky ***boat
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11650houseboat.jpg
Thats a cool House Boat, even with whackers :cool: ........( . )( . ).........

DeepVee
As long as your not moving to AZ. Too many Californiacations over here already.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Best wishes for you. I wish we were in a position to leave, but we can't yet. Maybe someday.

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
LOL Kim, that's one way of putting it. Personaly, I think it will be much better for my daughter, who is 6, to grow up. Plus, on my medical retirement from law enforcement we can live alot better and I wont have to work so much.
That is why I live in alittle City in Canada, 3 girls here and small town life is getting out of hand here also. Deaths from drug deals gone bad to stealing ..on and on! We have about 35,000 people here and its growen so fast there isn't housing for people moving here, crazy! Good luck :cool: .......( . )( . ).........

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Good luck...be sure to put up a basketball hoop in the front driveway...I think it's a law there or something. :wink:
Its the flag thing and a water fountain.......( . )( . ).........Of a Big Bass jumping up :idea: :D

roostwear
08-19-2005, 11:43 AM
3 girls in a town of 35,000? Geezus, a bigger sausage fest than Havazoo!

jackpunx
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
HHmmm... that was kind of a dickish (since we are making up words) thing to say

AirtimeLavey
08-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Congrats on your decision to move. Many peeps end up coming back to Cali, after thinking the grass is greener. Usually, happiness is where you make it. Kentucky's a pretty state. Best of luck to you. :D

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
:D You no what I mean.........( . )( . )........... :D

totenhosen
08-19-2005, 11:50 AM
:D You no what I mean.........( . )( . )........... :D
No or know? :D

roostwear
08-19-2005, 11:50 AM
:D

totenhosen
08-19-2005, 11:52 AM
I'd rather be dead in CA than alive in AZ. (Who know what tv show that is from?)

Miss Perfect
08-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Good idea, I'm leaving too! Ummm ok...... I'm over it! I'm staying put. :D

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
No or know? :D
Know........( . )( . )........... :notam:

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I'd rather be dead in CA than alive in AZ. (Who know what tv show that is from?)
I would live in Lake Havasu City right now if I could afford it........( . )( . )....... :idea: :D

Jrocket
08-19-2005, 11:56 AM
What type of work will you be doing out there?

DeepVee
08-19-2005, 12:16 PM
HHmmm... that was kind of a dickish (since we are making up words) thing to say
Ia idn'tda akema ita upa heta hilliCa eppersPa idda.
Geez,
aketa a illcha illpa

Miss Perfect
08-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Geez,
aketa a illcha illpa
What the hell? :hammerhea

jackpunx
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Geez,
aketa a illcha illpa
I'll give you a break because its obvious that the heat has gotten to you

Waist Deep
08-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I didnt make it up, the chilipeppers did.
Oh
Take a Chill Pill

Miss Perfect
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh
Take a Chill Pill
Thanks, I am still working on the math test in the other thread. I didn't have time to translate the pig latin! :p

SummitKarl
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Kentucky was a cool looking state when I drove through it, I think the smallest lot I saw was 10 acres, but it was 95 deg and 98% humidity UGH!!! cant BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those tornado things...... scared the crap out of me.
needless to say congrats on retirement and getting out of HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Jbb
tucky....lol
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860time_milk.jpg

jackpunx
Oh
Take a Chill Pill
LOL.. I would have never picked that up..

AzLakeLizard
08-19-2005, 12:36 PM
What the hell? :hammerhea
Pig Latin!

jackpunx
08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Geez,
aketa a illcha illpa
:yuk:

SummitKarl
08-19-2005, 12:38 PM
I would live in Lake Havasu City right now if I could afford it........( . )( . )....... :idea: :D
your gona have to hit Hooli up for that kinda cash :D

WYRD
08-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Yea but just think of how much experience those three girls have....................bet they could teach you a thing or ten :eek: :eek: :2purples: :wink:

NashvilleBound
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Best of luck on the move. We did it a year and a half ago and its the best move I have ever made....without a doubt. If you need anything out this way just let me know....

Jyruiz
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
That is the problem with this State (CA) all these liberals and treehugers drive out the cool people. I almost moved to Nevada a couple of years back, but I decided to stay and piss people off.

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
your gona have to hit Hooli up for that kinda cash :D
No, but become a Consultant maybe :idea: .........( . )( . )......... :D

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Yea but just think of how much experience those three girls have....................bet they could teach you a thing or ten :eek: :eek: :2purples: :wink:
They don't have no experience, I keep the pricks away as much as I can.......( . )( . )....... :p

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 01:09 PM
That is the problem with this State (CA) all these liberals and treehugers drive out the cool people. I almost moved to Nevada a couple of years back, but I decided to stay and piss people off.
I need to live in California :D ........( . )( . )...........

DeepVee
08-19-2005, 01:35 PM
:yuk:
Just kidding around.
I all seriousness though, there are a lot of relocated California people here in Flagstaff and many many more in Phoenix. Flagstaff is a fairly nice small mountain community but every weekend we get invaded by Phoenix people who come up here and clog our streets, restaurants and stores. I've had two vehicles totaled in the last 6-years by out of town jerks who don't know where the hell they're going; one ran a red light and the other ran a stop sign at +50-MPH. :frown: The bigger Phoenix gets the worse it gets up here.
Sorry just venting.
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/uploads/51/68_crash_dsf_2.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/uploads/51/3a2b.jpeg

2Driver
08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
I am not sure the country would mourn too long if one day we woke to find the ocean lapping the western edges of AZ and NV
:rollside: Just kidding :rollside:

jackpunx
08-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Just kidding around.
I all seriousness though, there are a lot of relocated California people here in Flagstaff and many many more in Phoenix. Flagstaff is a fairly nice small mountain community but every weekend we get invaded by Phoenix people who come up here and clog our streets, restaurants and stores. I've had two vehicles totaled in the last 6-years by out of town jerks who don't know where the hell they're going; one ran a red light and the other ran a stop sign at +50-MPH. :frown: The bigger Phoenix gets the worse it gets up here.
Sorry just venting.
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/uploads/51/68_crash_dsf_2.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/uploads/51/3a2b.jpeg
Its all good :) .. I kinda feel the same way about america in general.. but.. who am I...

Havasteve
08-19-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm with you man! I left SanBerdo 5 years ago after spending 12 years there. Havasu will do for now. I do miss flying over the hump for breakfast At Apple Valley airport though. Good luck to You!

uclahater
08-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I left The High Desert or what is now concidered (NORTHERN MEXICO) 9 months ago, and I love every minute of it :D Good Luck, and IM sure you'll miss Bear Valley Road :hammer2:

WYRD
08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
I left The High Desert or what is now concidered (NORTHERN MEXICO) 9 months ago, and I love every minute of it :D Good Luck, and IM sure you'll miss Bear Valley Road :hammer2:
Esp. during Christmas Time :rollside: :idea:

uclahater
08-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Esp. during Christmas Time :rollside: :idea:
Wait till Super Wall Mart is done, and it will be over with :crossx:

sleekcraft137
08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
I just moved outta Cali and its the best thing I've ever done!

coorslt4u2
08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
I dont blame you at all, F#$# california I was born and raised here in so cal all my life, and it's gone to the dogs,
I'm going to charlotte, N.C ...peacefull, green, laid back, and lake norman........were you can park your boat in a slip, walk-up have dinner and cold'ies, then drive back to your LAKE-FRONT-HOME.......
Fuc# this over priced, gang infested, car stealing, home robbery, high-ass-gas-prices, place called cailfornia......... :hammer2: :hammer2:

2Driver
08-19-2005, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=
Fuc# this over priced, gang infested, car stealing, home robbery, high-ass-gas-prices, place called cailfornia......... :hammer2: :hammer2:[/QUOTE]
That kind of talk in North Carolina will have Sheriff Taylor putting you in next to Otis. :rollside: :rollside:

Desert Rat
08-19-2005, 04:17 PM
AND GREEN........ The state motto is "Incest a game the whole family can play" J/K good luck. I need about 7 more and then all this state will see is elbows ans a$$holes..... :mad:

ahhell
08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
from apple valley to there shoundn't be much different
you'd be suprised..didnt take time to read all the post's...the high desert, um SUCKS...welcome to Medi-California...welfare capital of the west... Im out in the next couple of ....Hell ,soon as I can

Krazy K
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
It's funny....
I was born and raised in So. California, got tired of the bullshit and moved here in '98. Now, I'm 1 week away from moving to Crestline, near Lake Arrowhead. The ONLY reasons I'm doing it is because school is cheaper there(going to San Bernardino Valley and then transfer to Cal State, San Berdo) and I'm living in my aunt's basement rent-free. It'll be nice to be back closer to family and friends, but thats it. Once school is done, I'm back up here to Oregon, but I'll live out on the coast, most likely Astoria. Teach for a few years and then head to either TN or somewhere in Europe.

UtlGoa
08-19-2005, 05:05 PM
All I can say is when I hit the 40 going east there will be no looking back.
Nashvillbound,
I'm flying into nashville next week and driving up to MAyfield, KY where I'm buying a house. When I get back there and settled we'll have to get together and have a cold one.

Billy Heinlein
08-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Well its nice to know that I am not the only one that’s had enough, the family is flying back to Atlanta on the 8th we are spending a week to find a house the when we get back, this house goes on the market and by mid November we are gone. We have been lucky enough that our youngest is starting college so she got to finish high school with all her friends. It will be interesting to review whose still in Cal a year from now, it seems a lot of us have had it.

Jbb
08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Miss Kentuccccky.....
http://www.orsm.net/fem/uglyisyou/thumbnails/uglyisyou17.jpg

Jbb
08-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Well its nice to know that I am not the only one that’s had enough, the family is flying back to Atlanta on the 8th we are spending a week to find a house the when we get back, this house goes on the market and by mid November we are gone. We have been lucky enough that our youngest is starting college so she got to finish high school with all her friends. It will be interesting to review whose still in Cal a year from now, it seems a lot of us have had it.
Atlanta you say...where?

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 06:31 PM
lake lanier would be my spot,500k still buys a nice big house close to the lake,far enough from the city

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 06:32 PM
almost pulled the trigger here 2 years ago,looked at homes there for 7 days,my wife job is just to good here now,but sooooooon

Wicky
08-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Gotta love FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!
In any other Cun..try you would be a target.
Gotta love the Red white and blue regardless of where you live!!!!

Wicky
08-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Didn't Neil Diamond sing a song about a Kentucky woman????? :p

Kim Hanson
08-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Gotta love FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!
In any other Cun..try you would be a target.
Gotta love the Red white and blue regardless of where you live!!!!
I like Red & White Wicky, you guys are pretty tits though :crossx: .......( . )( . )..........

life's a river
08-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Good for you! One of by best friends and former next door neighbor packed up his family and moved to Georgetown KY. So far they liike it. The winter ice storms were a little rough. What part are you moving to?
LAR

NashvilleBound
08-20-2005, 03:26 AM
All I can say is when I hit the 40 going east there will be no looking back.
Nashvillbound,
I'm flying into nashville next week and driving up to MAyfield, KY where I'm buying a house. When I get back there and settled we'll have to get together and have a cold one.
Sounds good, just let me know. I get back into town on Tuesday.

fat rat
08-20-2005, 04:34 AM
I'm starting (thats an under statement) to feel the same way about the northeast...........it's out of control, get out of peoples way or get run over! :hammerhea We have been looking, just can't seem to find that ideal place. :cool:

UtlGoa
08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Lifes a river,
We are moving to a town called Mayfield. It is in the South West part of the state. Close to the Kentucky - Missouri border. Also real close to Tennessee.
We are buying a house that is 4900sq feet, 5 bedrooms, 4 baths on 10 acres for 250,000.

syke-o
08-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Lifes a river,
We are moving to a town called Mayfield. It is in the South West part of the state. Close to the Kentucky - Missouri border. Also real close to Tennessee.
We are buying a house that is 4900sq feet, 5 bedrooms, 4 baths on 10 acres for 250,000.
any pics of your place... that sounds like a pretty big spread

Kim Hanson
08-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Lifes a river,
Thats a good deal, here a house that size would go for $5-600,000 and thats with out all that land...........( . )( . )......... :smile:

cjordan
08-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Kentucky was a cool looking state when I drove through it, I think the smallest lot I saw was 10 acres, but it was 95 deg and 98% humidity UGH!!! cant BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those tornado things...... scared the crap out of me.
needless to say congrats on retirement and getting out of HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
Stay out of the trailer parks (tornado magnets) and you'll be just fine. :D
Congrats on your move, you'll love KY.

Billy Heinlein
08-20-2005, 10:02 AM
We are looking in the Gwinette County area for a home, Lake Lanier is 20 min away. It's a interesting story, the house i currently own, I purchases from my best friend Jeff, he works for Komotsu, its a fork lift company. Back in 98 they moved to GA and he went with the company, so here I am 8 years later selling the house and moving to Atlanta.
The homes there are cheap and you can still get an acre plus, My only question is the boating on the lake, i hear there are still a lot of jet boats and small ski boats like there were at Havasu 10 years ago. to be honest i would love to sell my 30' sleek if i could build a 21 Daytona with a blown 572 and actually be able to use it beside at 6AM and 7PM.
Well guess I will have to wait to see when I get there

UtlGoa
08-20-2005, 10:31 AM
syke-o,
I'm flying back next week and I'll take some pics of the house and property.

mxbundy
08-20-2005, 12:59 PM
We are buying a house that is 4900sq feet, 5 bedrooms, 4 baths on 10 acres for 250,000
How old is the house? That is smokin!
I want 10 acres to ride on! :cry:
bundy

UtlGoa
08-20-2005, 02:50 PM
The house is three years old.
That's why I'm getting 10 acres, to build a track on.

life's a river
08-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Lifes a river,
Holy crap! I hope you have a maid to keep it clean and a ride on lawn mower. My friends house is 4000 square feet on 5 acres and he paid $380,000. Is Georgetown more $'s?
I hear that there are bugs the size of small birds out there.
LAR

RiverRatMike
08-20-2005, 05:27 PM
I couldn't take it anymore in CA myself. Hate that state! Love AZ way better and so much happier here! :p

sneauxcone
08-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I just love the attitude that the south is a bunch of dumb hicks and Cali is so great. You cali coons deserve each other. After 18 years I moved out of SoCal 3 weeks ago and it was the best decision I ever made. That place is an over-rated cesspool. The quality if life in SoCal is shiat bro, You can have it!
Don't even think about movin' to Austin, this place rocks!
Did I mention I hate Cali and the putty heads that live there???

Jbb
08-20-2005, 08:10 PM
We are looking in the Gwinette County area for a home, Lake Lanier is 20 min away. It's a interesting story, the house i currently own, I purchases from my best friend Jeff, he works for Komotsu, its a fork lift company. Back in 98 they moved to GA and he went with the company, so here I am 8 years later selling the house and moving to Atlanta.
The homes there are cheap and you can still get an acre plus, My only question is the boating on the lake, i hear there are still a lot of jet boats and small ski boats like there were at Havasu 10 years ago. to be honest i would love to sell my 30' sleek if i could build a 21 Daytona with a blown 572 and actually be able to use it beside at 6AM and 7PM.
Well guess I will have to wait to see when I get there
There are stilljets on Lanier....but the trend is,like everywhere else ...getting bigger...pm 572 Daytona here on the boards he has one,and his wife is THE Lake Lanier realtor to see for a deal.....

Midlife Advantage
08-20-2005, 08:16 PM
Flagstaff rocks, I wanna move there. gonna bring all my neighbors and friends, and boats and uh, shit NO LAKES!

Billy Heinlein
08-21-2005, 11:37 AM
There are stilljets on Lanier....but the trend is,like everywhere else ...getting bigger...pm 572 Daytona here on the boards he has one,and his wife is THE Lake Lanier realtor to see for a deal.....

DaveA
08-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I dont blame you at all, F#$# california I was born and raised here in so cal all my life, and it's gone to the dogs,
I'm going to charlotte, N.C ...peacefull, green, laid back, and lake norman........were you can park your boat in a slip, walk-up have dinner and cold'ies, then drive back to your LAKE-FRONT-HOME.......
Fuc# this over priced, gang infested, car stealing, home robbery, high-ass-gas-prices, place called cailfornia......... :hammer2: :hammer2:
Charlotte, you say? Dew Tell.
PM me if you have any specific plans or need info...
DaveA

vdrivenman
08-21-2005, 04:50 PM
we will be leaving for three weeks of riding scooters on the blue ridge parkway,devils tail and all up through that area. we love the waterfalls, caves,the stops and over looks.
stopping of in statesville for a few days then over to salisbury to visit darrell.
then head down towards tenn and hub out of there and ride another week.
we love it up in nc,but i am too close to the end to leave now.maybe in three years. we are seriously considering purchasing property now and then moving later.it is being bought up at a quick rate. only real problem is the wife will have to continute to work in some form of industry.so that may dictate where we will live.