PDA

View Full Version : What happened to RRX?

Tremor Therapy
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
I know I probably spend more time at River Racer X than here at Hot Boat, but does anyone know what happened? It just says that the account was suspended?!? :confused:

riverracerx
08-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Uh, I owe the hosting company money. :( Alot of it. :squiggle:
Looks like it will be down this week.
Long story.
...and I am taking donations! :cry:

dicudmore
08-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Uh, I owe the hosting company money. :( Alot of it. :squiggle:
Looks like it will be down this week.
Long story.
...and I am taking donations! :cry:
way to go Chris :hammer2:
something we can do to help??

riverracerx
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Nope. I just need to send a check back east. I guess he doesn't take PayPal or credit cards?
Then I need to move my hosting back to Chris Johnson.
Sorry guys! :(

Focker
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Nope. I just need to send a check back east. I guess he doesn't take PayPal or credit cards?
Then I need to move my hosting back to Chris Johnson.
Sorry guys! :(
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE MONEY WE INVESTED IN THIS WEB SITE? :) :)

riverbound
08-19-2005, 12:46 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE MONEY WE INVESTED IN THIS WEB SITE? :) :)
He spent it on Booze and hookers :eek:

Focker
08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
MUDDER FOCKER

riverracerx
08-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Have you ever paid to go on RRX? Nope. 100% FREE
But if you do I will surely spend the money on booze and hookers! (Actually just need to pay to get the site back up.)

Racer277
08-19-2005, 01:52 PM
At least he didn't waste it.... :D

uncle larry
08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Chris
I know what you mean.. we are have just moved jokerswildpromotions.com and 411havasu.com back to Chris Johnson...
Good Luck. Hope it all moves smooth for you

Focker
08-19-2005, 02:23 PM
:rollside: I heard people were getting tired of all the drama over there at RRX :)
drama is just terrible there :cry:

Focker
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Have you ever paid to go on RRX? Nope. 100% FREE
But if you do I will surely spend the money on booze and hookers! (Actually just need to pay to get the site back up.)
I'll send ya a check just let me now when WE are spending it

riverracerx
08-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Bring that chick in your avatar and I am sure we can spend ALL of your money on her!
Bandwidth has gotten a little out of hand lately, mainly due to tons of uploaded/attached images (which HB doesn't even allow you to do directly). I also don't regulate people using me to link in their photos or signature photos. So any time a person like myself posts on HB the photo in my sig pings my server again for the data.
I have to purge my old files as well due to storage space on the server.
It is only about $20.00/mo. but I owe them for a little over a year. Again, long story on that one.

riverracerx
08-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Yes, it varies. Summer months tend to be more because people are revved for the river and things. Winter is the die hards and we chat about crap for 5 months waiting for it to get warm again.

Kindsvater Flat
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
All the sites I do I do with one host. Its been great and its cheap.

riverroyal
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
do you charge foe AD space??if so how much?approx,dont need exact cost,may have a new business on the way :rollside:

riverracerx
08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I will sell ad space anywhere on the site you want it. And I would bet it would be the cheapest around. PM me for details.
Or just let me borrow that sweet deck boat of yours! :wink:

locogringo
08-19-2005, 09:07 PM
If you need money Chris, just give me a blowjob and I'd be happy to pay you based on performance. You should have the site back up and running in no time at 40 bcks a blow. Looking forward to your call...
:D :D

Hustler
08-19-2005, 10:23 PM
If you need money Chris, just give me a blowjob and I'd be happy to pay you based on performance. You should have the site back up and running in no time at 40 bcks a blow. Looking forward to your call...
:sqeyes: :sqeyes: Damn Chris.
I did'nt relize you were so cheep :p :D :D

BigDogIvan
08-19-2005, 10:38 PM
:cry: I have had a REAL bad day and it got worse knowing RRX is going to be down a few days!! :cry: :cry: One bright spot is that I don't own a gun to shoot myself!! :hammerhea
BD

chrissy
08-19-2005, 11:01 PM
:D :D you are one sick focker gringo.... :eek: can I watch?? :idea: :2purples:

ROZ
08-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Chris, You'll feel much better after you buy a 40" TFT Flat panel and surround sound for the backyard :):D

beyondhelpin
08-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Pitching.......Catching
Now I understand where all the ***boat drama comes from. :D

Tremor Therapy
08-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Hey Loco....does he have to rub your bald head at the same time?

Dusty Times
08-20-2005, 02:26 PM
How about selling some more RRX goodies once things start rolling again to support the site. All of mine are starting to look a little weathered. Make sure there is a profit on top to support the site this time. The goodies have always seemed very cheap (price that is - They are top quality)

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 02:30 PM
thats most likely not gonna happen.Pm you next week,if its back up. :D

JB in so cal
08-20-2005, 02:43 PM
thats most likely not gonna happen :rollside: :rollside: .Pm you next week,if its back up. :D
Too funny.

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 02:44 PM
its 50/50 on going still,,,,killin me

JB in so cal
08-20-2005, 02:45 PM
its 50/50 on going still,,,,killin me
You suck. Make up (everyone's) mind would you.
Just think - lemon beer - yuuuuuuum

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 02:50 PM
my over accomendating wife invite our neighbors with there daughter whos in the kids class,,,,they were in,the the hub cant go,so the wife and girl still wanna go,i dont want anyone to go!So wife called them told them we werent goin,so we may need to sneek outta the garage after sundown,,,,fricken stupid

Magic34
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
I will sell ad space anywhere on the site you want it. And I would bet it would be the cheapest around. PM me for details.
Email me the info and I'll do it.

riverroyal
08-20-2005, 03:02 PM
very nice of ya

shaffewm
08-20-2005, 04:07 PM
:hammerhea hmmm hitting the crack pipe again? :D
It is only about $20.00/mo. but I owe them for a little over a year. Again, long story on that one.[/QUOTE]

riverracerx
08-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Been spending all my food stamps on formula and diapers lately. Gotta keep my babies momma happy. Plus my bus pas ran out last week and my manager at the Unocal Food Stop took away a bunch of my hours. Bummer because now I can't get the leftover donuts after my night shift. Coem visit me and I will give you some free coffee though! :wink:

coolerguy
08-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Chis,
I bailed on those guys a long time ago. Too expensive and very little service. Chris did have better service. JNJ went down hill after he sold it. I'd pay them off and bolt back to Chris. I miss your sight. :cry:

CJ
08-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Thank you for all the kind words guys. I like to believe I took great care of all my old clients. The guy I sold it to trashed it then the guy he sold it to has only been half ass and expensive.
Chris, I have tried to call you. Unfortunately we will have to wait for you to pay your bill to get your site, but I will cut your bill in half. What has your bandwidth been? When you were on my old servers, you were constantly hitting 20-30GB (well under my current limit).
I started JNJHost 6 years ago with boating sites, and I will host you today at www.TheSupernerd.com (http://www.TheSupernerd.com). I love hosting boating sites! Call me at 714-283-8670 and I will take care of the move for you for free, which is truly the hardest part of the whole thing.
Thank you Larry for JokersWildPromotions (http://www.jokerswildpromotions.com) and 411Havasu (http://www.411havasu.com)! And thank you Rick & Debbie for CatalinaSkiRace.net (http://www.catalinaskirace.net). I should be building them a brand new website at their .net address soon.
Have a great one guys! I look forward to hearing from you Chris.

Kwicherbichen
08-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Chris I moved to www.ipowerweb.com and haven't been down once since. It only cost me $9 a month.

CJ
08-21-2005, 08:55 PM
IPower is the service I resell. They do a good job. (And thanks for pitchin' them, ya jerk) :squiggle: :D All I care is that you are happy with your hosting, Brian.
Been busy, bro, gotta get my cards to you. Sep 6 is when I kick into high gear and I look forward to working with you. Gonna be nice to actually work a bit after two years of staying home with the kids!!!

C-2
08-21-2005, 09:19 PM
IPower is the service I resell. They do a good job. (And thanks for pitchin' them, ya jerk) :squiggle: :D All I care is that you are happy with your hosting, Brian.
Been busy, bro, gotta get my cards to you. Sep 6 is when I kick into high gear and I look forward to working with you. Gonna be nice to actually work a bit after two years of staying home with the kids!!!
Get back to vacuming ya house frow! :eek: :eek:

In2Deep
08-22-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm definitely suffering RRX withdrawals.
Sunday morning coffee...and no site...and no drama?
Check on the way.

wsuwrhr
08-22-2005, 10:04 AM
:cry: I have had a REAL bad day and it got worse knowing RRX is going to be down a few days!! :cry: :cry: One bright spot is that I don't own a gun to shoot myself!! :hammerhea
BD
Do you need one to borrow. I need it back though.
You really aren't serious right?
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Always there to help someone out.
Brian

CJ
08-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Get back to vacuming ya house frow! :eek: :eek:
Dude, the vacuuming is done. I just did the dishes and gotta get some lunch for the kids. Then I think I'll pick some nice flowers for the table for my wife when she gets home.

riverracerx
08-23-2005, 10:36 AM
CJ, got your voice and email. Wrote you back. I will et my site working again and then we can move it over.
Thanks!
rrx

carreraelite
08-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Do you need one to borrow. I need it back though.
You really aren't serious right?
Brian
The funny thing is, I think he's on vacation this week. :cool: