PDA

View Full Version : ONE Last Question!

Creator
08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
This may be a stupid question, but can I cross hoover dam with a trailer? I know things have changed at parker so I just want to be sure about hoover.
Thanks
J

Ziggy
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I've seen boat trailers going over it

Creator
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Cool, Thanks!

Magic34
08-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Last time I stopped and talked with the officials at the inspection station about that. This was in March...
The answer is yes. They told me that as long as they can inspect it, it can go over the dam. So just be ready for them to take 10 mintues or so looking over your boat, inside and out, and you'll be fine.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Just make sure your wife gets my stuff sent to me or Im gonna have to come find you at the lake ha ha give me a reason :)

Creator
08-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Just make sure your wife gets my stuff sent to me or Im gonna have to come find you at the lake ha ha give me a reason :)
You're all set, she took care of it this morning.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
You're all set, she took care of it this morning.
thanks Bro but I wanted a reason to go look for you on the lake ha ha :cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Why can we not cross Parker Dam with a trailer, but they can cross Hoover Dam? Is there an official explanation to this?
You cannot cross over Davis Dam at all.
I think the reason for the Hoover allowance is because it is a major trucking route with no alternative way to get to Vegas from the east. From what I understand, they have inspections of some sort before you can cross.

Keithb87
08-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Went accross the Hoover Dam last week of June 2005. No issues as long as they can inspect the contents of Boat, bed of truck, trunk of car, back of Surburban etc.... Just don't joke about having a BOMB in the boat.. :supp:

mmered8299
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
There building a bridge over the river there at Hoover Dam. Supposed to be done in a couple of years. A bypass Rd also, straight to Vegas. Some Developlers are buying up land in Ariziona right now so when the bridge opens up so will the homes.

Ziggy
08-19-2005, 02:57 PM
You cannot cross over Davis Dam at all.
I think the reason for the Hoover allowance is because it is a major trucking route with no alternative way to get to Vegas from the east. From what I understand, they have inspections of some sort before you can cross.
Ah yes, but they are diverting semi's thru Laughlin and back around past Searchlight to Vegas(or vice-versa)...I hadn't seen any Semi's crossing Hoover.
Davis has been closed for quite some time now and Parker can be crossed by cars/trucks w/o trailers and time restrictions.
They are working on building a new bridge just west of Hoover to bypass having to cross the dam...(see rendition below)
This will be another engineering marvel in my book......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/343Seagull_View_Rendering_10_02300dpi1_2_.jpg

Ziggy
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Imagine the view from the bridge--that thing is gonna be way the fu(k up there. :eek: