PDA

View Full Version : lowsy mechanic&service

laveydayz
08-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Picked up my Chevy silverado tonight from the dealership for a coolant leak. They put a new waterpump on and when I get home its leakeng worse than before in my driveway. I look around and its leaking from the new waterpump and from the thermastat housing. I made them aware I needed the truck for Friday and this is what I got??? If it was not under warranty I would have done it myself.....what happened to all the good mechanics who take pride in their work???

voodoomedman
08-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Picked up my Chevy silverado tonight from the dealership for a coolant leak. They put a new waterpump on and when I get home its leakeng worse than before in my driveway. I look around and its leaking from the new waterpump and from the thermastat housing. I made them aware I needed the truck for Friday and this is what I got??? If it was not under warranty I would have done it myself.....what happened to all the good mechanics who take pride in their work???
Union maybe!!!!!!

Perfect Mixer
08-19-2005, 09:59 PM
There are a lot of hacks out there. Find someone you trust and hold on to them!

HocusPocus
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
let us know who it was.. :)

Kachina26
08-19-2005, 10:42 PM
what happened to all the good mechanics who take pride in their work???
I'm here in Redlands! But, I'll be honest, I make honest mistakes from time to time. And once in awhile I get a bad part (probably not the case here). So don't blame the tech right away. Let us know how they handle the situation, that's how to tell the quality of the shop.

99 232 baja
08-20-2005, 04:28 AM
Union maybe!!!!!!Blame the union???

voodoomedman
08-20-2005, 06:49 AM
Blame the union???
I put ??????????
I opened a can of worms huh????

Second "PLACE"
08-20-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm here in Redlands! But, I'll be honest, I make honest mistakes from time to time. And once in awhile I get a bad part (probably not the case here). So don't blame the tech right away. Let us know how they handle the situation, that's how to tell the quality of the shop.
I would have to agree here. Before you ASUME that the technician made an error, have the vehicle re-inspected. Many times part failure is the cause as well. Not to discount poor workmanship because it DOES happen.....but I see alot of parts (made in Mexico for GM) that fail or are machined poorly. just my .02

dicudmore
08-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Ryan why didn't you bring it to me? You know I'm at Morris in SV right??

laveydayz
08-20-2005, 08:09 AM
well I was a little upset at first but they did take care of me first thing this morning. One of the hose clamps was not installed properly. The tech even appologized to me so they were very good about it.

dc96819
08-20-2005, 08:12 AM
A union member would take 10 hrs to get
a 1 hr job done,but it should have been done right :idea: :D