PDA

View Full Version : Launch Ramps

stingraybill
08-20-2005, 09:12 PM
We are having our first trip to Lake Havasu this weekend. We are arriving on Sunday and are renting a house about 2 miles from Windsor Beach. Can anyone suggust a goo launch site.
Thanks

Mohave Vice
08-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Try Windsor.

JAM
08-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I like Windsor's ramps best. $9 a day, ample parking, two sets of "prop" ramps - I think it's 6 on each side for a total of 12 lanes, seperate launch area for jetboats and PWC's. You're arriving Sunday, so you'll be missing most of the weekend crowd too.
Annual passes (good for 365 days from date of purchase) are $100, or get the Mon-Thur annual pass for $45 if you're lucky enough to go to the lake between the weekends like me!
Site 6 on the island is free, but only has two, steep lanes which can create quite a wait.
Lake Havasu Marina is run by a bunch of Nazi's, so I'd avoid them all together.
(refer to past threads on the drama surrounding LHM)
I think Sand Point/Cat Tail Cove has a ramp, but I've never tried them yet.

Wonderboy
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Site six is good during the week. It's free. But the ramp is narrow, about 3 wide and on the weekends it gets way too crowded.

Kachina26
08-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Windsor is good, I prefer the north ramp. Not as protected as the Marina, but I am boycotting all Marina operations. Do a search.

Rexone
08-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Can anyone suggust a goo launch site.
Thanks
If you really want some serious goo you may have to travel to Elsinore. :)

Mohave Vice
08-20-2005, 09:46 PM
If you really want some serious goo you may have to travel to Elsinore. :)
Affirm on the goo ............Andersen's Split Pea Soup!!

HocusPocus
08-21-2005, 06:19 AM
i use site 6 almost all the time but i only go monday thru fridays, they have new courtesy docks and its free. :)

voodoomedman
08-21-2005, 08:31 AM
I like Windsor's ramps best. $9 a day, ample parking, two sets of "prop" ramps - I think it's 6 on each side for a total of 12 lanes, seperate launch area for jetboats and PWC's. You're arriving Sunday, so you'll be missing most of the weekend crowd too.
Annual passes (good for 365 days from date of purchase) are $100, or get the Mon-Thur annual pass for $45 if you're lucky enough to go to the lake between the weekends like me!
Site 6 on the island is free, but only has two, steep lanes which can create quite a wait.
Lake Havasu Marina is run by a bunch of Nazi's, so I'd avoid them all together.
(refer to past threads on the drama surrounding LHM)
I think Sand Point/Cat Tail Cove has a ramp, but I've never tried them yet.
Pretty much sums it up. Marina has nicest ramp but they are a$$es. Site 6 may be alright during the week but I also hear theres a drop off in the ramp. Also you get more of the riff raff cuz it's free and no rangers or anything watching out for mischevious activity. Cattail is great but a bit of a drive that I personally only do on Holiday weekends. Buying an annual pass is the best deal in town cuz it gets you into windsor and Cattail Cove. If you launch at Windsor use the north boat ramp. Don't be scared. The water isn't very deep but it's deep enough for your boat. I've seen huge boats in there and my 24 doesn't hit. Even on weekdays with the water lower. Just keep your prop trimmed up and keep it at idle and you'll be fine.