PDA

View Full Version : who's at islander

Baller
08-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Just wondering who's at islander and what you think of it

lalhc
08-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I'm at the Islander RV Resort if you're referring to that.

Baller
08-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry... Yes i was talking about the islander RV resort... thinking of buying a place there and looking for boaters that are there and there thoughts...

THOR
08-22-2005, 11:52 AM
It sucks. Dont bother.
I go there all the time and it is awesome. Plenty of folks here are at the Islander.

BADASS38CHEVY
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
If you want to decorate your place island tiki click here.We sell this stuff.http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtheQ2atikiQ2ashack

lalhc
08-22-2005, 01:59 PM
You'll hear a lot of "pros" & "cons" about the Islander because of all their rules. I personally like it because it keeps things in control. If you're looking for a party house and a place for lot's of people to stay, you probably won't like the Islander, but if you like privacy and have a family like me, you'll really enjoy it. We feel safe leaving our toys their, it's great to have a place for a "time-out" off the water, and having a private launch ramp is the best.

OutCole'd
08-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I bought a park model there in March and don't regret it at all. I just got home from a week there & had a great time. Lots of very cool people & my kids have a nothing but fun there. Lots of kids there for them to hang with.

boxscore
08-22-2005, 03:42 PM
We stay there and will be there until were done with Havasu in a few years. You just can beat the ramp and the lack of dumbasses launching, etc

Baller
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
It all sounds great... But until you here from others... you really don't know..Not into the Big parties anymore, They accepted our offer so it looks like oct 1... Going to phoneix on Wed to check out at 30 or 34 Kachina... And i guess the only thing left is to find a cool ass Golf cart... Gas.. So i'm looking if you know anyone... Also.. they gave me the o.k. to build a wood carport since I am on the end.. Don't really have the time to do it myself.. so if anyone knows of a good builder out there let me know.. thanks for all the help..

pebo
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Baller, you don't want a gas cart at the Islander. Rules are you cannot drive them after 10 pm. PM Wop on Water he has a super nice electric cart for sale there.

OutCole'd
08-22-2005, 07:57 PM
It all sounds great... But until you here from others... you really don't know..Not into the Big parties anymore, They accepted our offer so it looks like oct 1... Going to phoneix on Wed to check out at 30 or 34 Kachina... And i guess the only thing left is to find a cool ass Golf cart... Gas.. So i'm looking if you know anyone... Also.. they gave me the o.k. to build a wood carport since I am on the end.. Don't really have the time to do it myself.. so if anyone knows of a good builder out there let me know.. thanks for all the help..
Which unit is it? #423??

lalhc
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Stick w/an electric golf cart - can't drive gas after 10 pm.

Baller
08-23-2005, 04:29 AM
You got it outcole'd... I was just thinking with a gas cart.. i could make it street legal.. and curise around town... Guess i need to re-think..

OutCole'd
08-23-2005, 06:11 AM
You got it outcole'd... I was just thinking with a gas cart.. i could make it street legal.. and curise around town... Guess i need to re-think..
I figured that was it. Great parking and a solid cover would be the shit. You can still register an electric cart just the same, not the cruising distance of a gas cart but you can still make it to the Turtle and back and then some and be quiet after the 10:00 hour.
Congrats, & see you out there.

gmocnik
08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
quite a few other HB peeps at the islander...we have been there for 5/6 years and love it. they definitly enforce the rules but thats what keeps the place nice...if you want to party like a rockstar, then islander is not the place...you usually don't have to look to hard to find us enjoying an evening cocktail somewhere in the park..the private launch ramp is worth the price of admission...
we are still "trailer trash" on site 156 for seven months (hopefully get the annual this year)...looked at several park models but can't give up our view...
electric cart is the way to go...
enjoy
gm

lalhc
08-23-2005, 07:14 AM
That's like us gmocnik, we've been their for a while, looked @ a few park models, but would never give up our view. We're on site 23 year-round.

Baller
08-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Well we thought about an RV site.. as we have a 40... but really didn't want it there all the time.. just in case we wanted to use it somewhere else, it was a hard dessicion.. but went with the park model.. Gave up a view for some great parking once the cover is up.... We already met some great people there.. and let's not forget the ones on here that i'm sure we'll meet. Going up there this weekend just to check things out.. take measurements so we can decide excatly what were going to do with the place..

gmocnik
08-23-2005, 08:15 AM
stop by 156 and say hey this weekend...
lalhc...f u and your annual space 23...j/k...those penninsula spots are awesome...we are on the list but that may take forever...
we hang out with lou and linda (space 30) all the time...
gm

lalhc
08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Wish I was there this weekend. My son's football games started this past weekend. Looks like our next visit will be Labor Day.
I don't know Lou & Linda personally but I did see the damage to their site from the monsoons! I went out there right after that one storm hit the Islander to repair our awning.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-23-2005, 08:50 AM
How much is the monthly space fee for a park model?

Whipped Caliber
08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
$550- 750 per month :jawdrop: We look at a park model as well, but space rent can go up and will.
I'm in space 210 love it!!!

OutCole'd
08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
I pay about $405.00 per month.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
I pay about $405.00 per month.
$550- 750 per month :jawdrop: We look at a park model as well, but space rent can go up and will.
I'm in space 210 love it!!!
So, why the difference in space fee? Or is WC's for an RV space? I know OC's is a park model.

No Regrets
08-23-2005, 09:42 AM
We're year round on 122, been there for 5 years. Stop by & say Hey.
Brian

Whipped Caliber
08-23-2005, 10:09 AM
So, why the difference in space fee? Or is WC's for an RV space? I know OC's is a park model.
The price I quoted was with a lake view!! You can get lower rent with no view for a lower price!! spaces 30-34 are $750 :cry: per mouth nice spots front row with a bay!!
I'm in a not in a park model. My space is $375.00 per mouth two rows back from the cove. I'm in a 40' trailer with three slide outs.

Baller
08-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Mine is going to run about $ 425.00 + some 5% for ?????.. I heard the beachcomber is around 700-900...

Havasu_Dreamin
08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
The price I quoted was with a lake view!! You can get lower rent with no view for a lower price!! spaces 30-34 are $750 :cry: per mouth nice spots front row with a bay!!
I'm in a not in a park model. My space is $375.00 per mouth two rows back from the cove.
Thanks for the info.

Ducatista
08-23-2005, 12:29 PM
You'll hear a lot of "pros" & "cons" about the Islander because of all their rules. I personally like it because it keeps things in control. If you're looking for a party house and a place for lot's of people to stay, you probably won't like the Islander, but if you like privacy and have a family like me, you'll really enjoy it. We feel safe leaving our toys their, it's great to have a place for a "time-out" off the water, and having a private launch ramp is the best.
Ditto...more Islander trailer trash here. :D

OutCole'd
08-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Ditto...more Islander trailer trash here. :D
Hey, nice to finally meet up this past weekend.

Ducatista
08-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey, nice to finally meet up this past weekend.
I agree...all I can say is one hell of a party broke out at Ultra5150's friends place Sat night...Captrobby, what goes on at the river...stays at the river... :D Sheesh, what a fun weekend.

craiginlaverne
08-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey big brother(lalch), I heard about the game. Nose guard!! Keep him there. He could do some damage. We had a good time at the old butterfield country. Got there early friday and watched everybody roll in and everybody leave sunday night. We came home today(monday). It was good to go back there after all this time. JR. was addicted to mini golf. We also walked back to the lake. Its changed back there big time. I have some trailers almost ready for Cambell boat sales. Dont know if i will be going this coming up weekend. I go back to work tomorrow and i will find out. Time to go pick up jr. at football pratice. See ya..........C.S.

WopOnWater
08-23-2005, 06:41 PM
I am at the Islander as well, Ducatista where have you been? dont see you as much anymore. We have been there 6 years and love it as well. The rules are strict, but well worth the price of addmission. Baller I have got a perfect cart for you. Stop by space #154 and check it out. It is my bosses and he used it for the first time this past week for 4 days. He had it built because he was on the waiting list to get into the Islander but they decided to buy a house in town. It has lots of upgrades so send me a private message if you are interested.
Mike

Baller
08-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey WOW...GUess it doesn't allow my to pm.... so i'll just reply... going there this weekend on sat to check out the place.. and i will stop by if your going to be there.. let me know.

JJT4BOATING
08-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey WOW (Mike), How much does Steve want for his golf cart? If he comes out, tell him to contact us, if he would like to borrow ours.

WopOnWater
08-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Baller I will not be there this weekend, but the cart is sitting on my site. I was trying not to type all that it has because its alot but here goes, It is a full body off restoration with a brand new body, all new cables, wires and batteries, the hubs and brakes are new, coil over shocks, 6 inch lift kit, polished aluminum rims with 22x11x10 tires, long top, billet steering wheel with polished stainless column, rear seat unfolds into a pick up bed which is made out of diamond plate, trailer hitch, 11hp motor with 700amp controller (he was going to launch jet skis) theres more but cant remember them right now. He wants $5800.00. The cart was built by Santiage Glof Carts in Buena Park.
Jack whats up? I will let him know your offer but this was just a one time deal to stay at the Islanders becuase the house isnt ready yet and he wanted to get some boating in before the season is up.

lalhc
08-23-2005, 11:53 PM
craiginlaverne - he's better @ a tackle position, but he did good. Glad to hear you had fun @ Vail Lake. I just got back from Disneyland. I met up w/Sherri and the kids after a couple meetings in Irvine.

WopOnWater
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
bump

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-24-2005, 08:08 PM
D-row is over We will be 125 for the winter and then they will move us. Look forward to seeing all of you there soon!

OutCole'd
10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
So, baller, what happened? Did you get that place?