PDA

View Full Version : Hey Audio-gadget people...?

HammerDown
08-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Is there any (inexpensive) piece of equiptment on the market that will allow me to take recorded music from a cassette tape and put that to a CD ?
Reason, my new vehicle only has a Cd player...and once a week I've been doing music rehearsals and recording them on cassette. But I can't listen to it in the vehicle :frown: (good stuff too, original Rock) :cool:

a catered life
08-22-2005, 11:35 AM
sorry i dont know the product but u might want to check out radio shack

HavaPaul
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
There is much too choose from in cheap digital recording. You have to have a sound card with audio inputs to the computer. I was a while back wanting to set up a in home studio myself . You realy just need a computer these days. The only drawback i found was that you have to use a electronic drum kit so you dont blow out the neighbors. Are you in havi? you write original rock and roll?
P.S.
I've been looking to get rid of my base and keyboard gear if you know anyone who needs good stage gear for the basist/keyboardist.

HavaPaul
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Music rehearsals, yes you need a digital way to record your rehearsals. Just reread your post. Such an important thing to do when you play. ALWAYS have a recorder going, you never know what will happen.

HammerDown
08-22-2005, 11:59 AM
So there's no simple do-hicky I can purchase that will allow me to take a cassette tape recording and put it on a CD ?
Below...my kit, we just use a few hanging ball mikes and the cassette recordings are quite good for a reference...but again I need to transfer them on CD for my vehicle.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1064Big_Ludwigs_5.jpg

a catered life
08-22-2005, 03:57 PM
So there's no simple do-hicky I can purchase that will allow me to take a cassette tape recording and put it on a CD ?
Below...my kit, we just use a few hanging ball mikes and the cassette recordings are quite good for a reference...but again I need to transfer them on CD for my vehicle.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1064Big_Ludwigs_5.jpg
did u try the shack

cxr133
08-22-2005, 04:01 PM
after you try the shack... for your current problem
you should upgrade.......yoiu can get a laptop and start recording your music digitally

HammerDown
08-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I'll try "the Shack" tomorrow, as they closed early today.

HammerDown
08-22-2005, 04:47 PM
after you try the shack... for your current problem
you should upgrade.......yoiu can get a laptop and start recording your music digitally
Hmmmm, I do have a older IBM ThinkPad Laptop type (2635) ?. would that work?

Froggystyle
08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Hmmmm, I do have a older IBM ThinkPad Laptop type (2635) ?. would that work?
Yes. Well. It takes very little power to record. Just a good external sound card from your mixer and a mouse click with the right program.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-22-2005, 06:02 PM
I use an older program "D.A.R.T. (digital audio recordign technology) CD Recorder 4". It works great, can remove tape/reccord noise, do equalization. It'll even record an LP, and then split the songs up by the silence between them. All you have to do is name the tracks then.
There are many other available programs aslo, Sonic is just one maker.
There's a free download version here........
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/DartCDRecorder/
The homesite is here ......
http://www.dartpro.com/

jtmarten
08-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Record practice on an MD, then just USB it into your PC and burn to CD.
I remember the days of recording an acoustic kit. My drummer has a sweet Yamaha kit, just sitting in the cases for the last 6-or-so years since he got a V-Drum kit. Best sounding electronic kit I've heard, and unbelievably easy to record with. He sets all the drums spacially and levels, then just L/R inputs into the MD 8-track. He runs through 3 1400w amps and 6 2-15/comp driver MTX cabs. We had a few songs he'd play 2 completely different drum kits for verse and chorus just by hitting a footswitch. Roland just rocks! :devil:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
I've been doing music rehearsals and recording them on cassette. But I can't listen to it in the vehicle :frown: (good stuff too, original Rock) :cool:
Just buy a CD of someone who already knows how to play the drums, who dosen't need to practice....... :idea:
You already know how bad you sounded the first time........ :p
Why put your self through it again....and again......and again..... :rolleyes:
Hehehe!!!
Sorry.....I'm laughing at myself as I type this....Woooo....I'm tired..... :boxed:
Later,
CJG
:cool:

HammerDown
08-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Well the guy at Radio Shack was a bigger retard then I am :D ...he knows nothing. :rolleyes: