PDA

View Full Version : First the Lakers lose in the first round and now this...

MagicMtnDan
05-06-2006, 10:58 PM
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns scheduled a news conference for Sunday to announce that Steve Nash is the NBAÂ’s MVP for the second year in a row.
The announcement of the 1:30 p.m. EST news conference did not specify the reason, but Suns officials confirmed it was to present the award to Nash.
The Arizona Republic reported earlier that Nash would get the award, becoming the 10th player to win it in consecutive seasons.
And here I was thinking that Kobe would be the MVP - well, I wasn't thinking that but a bunch of you Kool-Aid drinkers were :skull:

AZJD
05-07-2006, 12:25 AM
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns scheduled a news conference for Sunday to announce that Steve Nash is the NBAÂ’s MVP for the second year in a row.
The announcement of the 1:30 p.m. EST news conference did not specify the reason, but Suns officials confirmed it was to present the award to Nash.
The Arizona Republic reported earlier that Nash would get the award, becoming the 10th player to win it in consecutive seasons.
And here I was thinking that Kobe would be the MVP - well, I wasn't thinking that but a bunch of you Kool-Aid drinkers were :skull:
Is this post in dis-belief that he is deserving of it?

cc322
05-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Awsome Job Nash a true TEAM player..go white boy...go white boy :)

dmontzsta
05-07-2006, 06:33 AM
He is great, but Kobe has done phenominal things this season and I think he deserves it more. But, there are alot of Kobe Haters, so it may never happen.

dmontzsta
05-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Thinking is your problem Don.
:)
Dont you have a boat to talk about?

Old Texan
05-07-2006, 07:02 AM
He is great, but Kobe has done phenominal things this season and I think he deserves it more. But, there are alot of Kobe Haters, so it may never happen.
It isn't about hating Kobe, it's hearing how Kobe is the greatest of all time. :rolleyes: He has talent, but he is far from being Michael Jordan and he is far from being the greatest Laker.
Kobe is what he is. After watching the pathetic performance of the second half of what was perhaps his biggest game in terms of making a statement of who he really is, everyone is now 'really' wondering.
I don't dislike Kobe, I just don't understand why he didn't put out a little more effort in such an event.
But please, don't tell us he is the best of all time, it just taints the accomplishments of the great Lakers that came before him. :cool:

dmontzsta
05-07-2006, 07:06 AM
It isn't about hating Kobe, it's hearing how Kobe is the greatest of all time. :rolleyes: He has talent, but he is far from being Michael Jordan and he is far from being the greatest Laker.
Kobe is what he is. After watching the pathetic performance of the second half of what was perhaps his biggest game in terms of making a statement of who he really is, everyone is now 'really' wondering.
I don't dislike Kobe, I just don't understand why he didn't put out a little more effort in such an event.
But please, don't tell us he is the best of all time, it just taints the accomplishments of the great Lakers that came before him. :cool:
I never said he was the greatest of all times, I said he is the greatest in the NBA right now. When you look at his age and stats, he will be one of the greatest in the NBA though, even if he left now, he has broken records that will be hard to break. :)

bchbum
05-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Kobe was tired , because he stayed up taking care of the baby. What a family man he is ... :cool: :cool:

a catered life
05-07-2006, 08:14 AM
maybe someone needs to check their basketball stats...he is one of the greatest players of all time..at his age......hes no jordan mainly because he didnt have the college experience jordan did and also jordan was able to keep all bad press out of the news paper...admit it if it wasn't for the rap case and the crap with shaq he would be the most loved player. tell me one kid or one REAL fan that like kobe and i show you a hater....but remember jordan was from another stage of the game and you cant compare the two...steve nash is a awesome player and as a lpayer i think he deserves what he gets but be real if you look at what kobe has had to play with all year (sub par bench) and look at what nash has had to play (decent bench and have been together for a while) with all year kobe should get the mvp hands down remember the suns were picked to win the ring three years ago and look at them now......yes i am a laker fan but like i have said before i love basketball :p ps hes not that far from being ONE of the greatest laker it just we have had so many superstars that have changed the game no one wants to put him above any of them .........the game has changed and players like magic, bird, ewing, rodman and jordan have all said it time and time again...the kids of today would not make it in their day and like wise

05-07-2006, 10:28 AM
You Laker and Kobe supporters make me laugh everything is Lakers
until something happens like getting ur ass kicked in ther final game
and Kobe doesnt win MVP what i see is Nash is more of a team player
and deserves the award

dmontzsta
05-07-2006, 03:00 PM
You Laker and Kobe supporters make me laugh everything is Lakers
until something happens like getting ur ass kicked in ther final game
and Kobe doesnt win MVP what i see is Nash is more of a team player
and deserves the award
How is everything STILL not Lakers? It doesnt matter you see...its all about the Lakers even if they dont make the playoffs.
:rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
05-07-2006, 07:11 PM
The Lakers lost because they have a shitty team. And they have Kobe who couldn't spell "team" if you spotted him two letters.
I understand you Lakers fans are loyal to your team. I think it's a shame you don't have a quality roster to root for. Oh well, there's always next year. Except Kobe will still be on the team. :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
05-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I am not surprised he didn't get it, today the MVP's are picked from teams that win over 50 games in the season. I can't remember an MVP winner who's team only won 40 something games. If you look at all the names of the back to back winners of the MVP award, or just the ones with multiple MVP's, you would ask yourself, what is Nash doing there. I have also yet to see one MVP winner who did not have at least one other all-star on their team.
When sport writers or anybody who knows bball get asked about the 05-06 season, all they are going to talk about is the records Kobe broke, the 81 point game, the 62 points in one quarter, all the Laker records he broke. With out Kobe, the Lakers would not have won half there games, let alone make the playoffs. Kobe had to be selfish this season, he had no choice, everybody was learning the triangle (which takes a whole year to learn) and Kobe was surrounded with guys who would not be in other teams bench, let alone starting.
I am proud of what the Lakers accomplished this year, and I know it won't be too long till they are on top again, not a lot of teams can say or even do that.
Now, time to cheer for the Clippers. GO CLIPPERS!

GAME TIME
05-07-2006, 09:01 PM
I am not surprised he didn't get it, today the MVP's are picked from teams that win over 50 games in the season. I can't remember an MVP winner who's team only won 40 something games. If you look at all the names of the back to back winners of the MVP award, or just the ones with multiple MVP's, you would ask yourself, what is Nash doing there. I have also yet to see one MVP winner who did not have at least one other all-star on their team.
When sport writers or anybody who knows bball get asked about the 05-06 season, all they are going to talk about is the records Kobe broke, the 81 point game, the 62 points in one quarter, all the Laker records he broke. With out Kobe, the Lakers would not have won half there games, let alone make the playoffs. Kobe had to be selfish this season, he had no choice, everybody was learning the triangle (which takes a whole year to learn) and Kobe was surrounded with guys who would not be in other teams bench, let alone starting.
I am proud of what the Lakers accomplished this year, and I know it won't be too long till they are on top again, not a lot of teams can say or even do that.
I couldn't agree more!!! Go L.A. (Clippers) :D :D

a catered life
05-08-2006, 05:49 AM
i was with you until you typed this crap :p

a catered life
05-08-2006, 06:07 AM
There is room for ya ACL. The bandwagon isn't full yet :)
lmao i refuse to jump on that wagon :p atleast until they make it to the western conf finals :boxed:

dmontzsta
05-08-2006, 06:33 AM
ACL there is no use in jumping on the bandwagon, they are going to be on vacation soon too. :)

dmontzsta
05-08-2006, 06:58 AM
I'm gonna tell you something, win or lose this series, the Clippers won't lose a game by 31. That was the most embarassing thing I've ever seen. I was waiting for Phoenix to take their foot of their neck and let the Lakers tighten it up a little. Never happened.
Just like a win is a win, a loss is a loss. The bench got the Lakers down by 31, the starter were atleast keeping it a hair under 20.

dmontzsta
05-08-2006, 06:59 AM
BTW, kudos to the Lakers for a great season and taking Phoenix to the brink in the playoffs. That was one of the finest coaching jobs in the history of the league.
Thanks for noticing. :) Yes it was and the Lakers will do even better next year, with a few changes Phil has in mind, they should be clicking.

dmontzsta
05-08-2006, 07:32 AM
So....the Lakers have no first round pick and no salary cap space. Guess who gets their number 1 pick which I think is #20.....Yep, PHX.
Next year won't be any different for you Don. Buss has already said he won't go over the salary cap.
Get used to it......
Who says they need trades? The accomplished alot in one season, they will only get better under Jacksons coaching, look for a few trades also.

Jyruiz
05-08-2006, 07:35 AM
So....the Lakers have no first round pick and no salary cap space. Guess who gets their number 1 pick which I think is #20.....Yep, PHX.
Next year won't be any different for you Don. Buss has already said he won't go over the salary cap.
Get used to it......
I think the Lakers will improve even if they don't go out and get anybody in the offseason. The team will be together another year and they now know the triangle offense a lot better than from the start of the season. All they have to do is build on what they did the last 1/4 of the season. Still won't be a championship team, but if they stay healthy, I can see them wining 50 games. The Lakers are young, you have to give them time.

dmontzsta
05-08-2006, 07:37 AM
The Lakers have nothing anybody wants. Besides Odom and Kobe there isn't anything left. I do like Turiaf (sp?) but......
They need a guard and a big man. Give me a trade scenario Nostradaumus as that is their only option.
The Lakers finished about where people expected them to. They overachieved against PHX and that is it. It cost them a lottery pick and they got spanked.......
carry on
Hey old man, go put your glasses on and take you medication. Read what I wrote.

Jyruiz
05-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Ya, I saw that but went with it anyhow.
Don't get carried away with your young team.
Juan....50 games, come on you are reaching for that one.
Dude, they won 45 games with a first year put together team and going thru the steep learning curve of the triangle. Well, maybe they won't they might throw some games at the end so they can play a weaker team in the first round of the playoffs. :)
Not that the Lakers will make any trades, but teams are not always looking to get the same talent in return when making trades, they are now looking for salary cap relief, specailly when the teams are going no where.

dmontzsta
05-08-2006, 07:52 AM
True but Buss said he will not go over the cap
but teams are not always looking to get the same talent in return when making trades, they are now looking for salary cap relief, specailly when the teams are going no where.

Jyruiz
05-08-2006, 07:58 AM
True but Buss said he will not go over the cap
Guess the Donald has rubbed off on Buss. :)

460 jus getn it
05-08-2006, 08:28 AM
I knew i would find you guys here. Hey Don, in case you havent heard it enough since saturday THEY GOT WHOOPED. They just didn't lose, they got embarrased........................................ ..............................................
BRING ON THE CLIPPERS.......................................... ...........................

GAME TIME
05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
I knew i would find you guys here. Hey Don, in case you havent heard it enough since saturday THEY GOT WHOOPED. They just didn't lose, they got embarrased........................................ ..............................................
BRING ON THE CLIPPERS.......................................... ...........................
Wow, you must feel real proud to be a Suns fan. You "whooped" a 7th seed team. Too bad it took you guys 7 games to get the job done. Good luck with the Clippers.

a catered life
05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
ACL there is no use in jumping on the bandwagon, they are going to be on vacation soon too. :)
my mind is telling me no but my body is telling me yea....puck it screw the clippers :p