PDA

View Full Version : Info Please

hyevon
08-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Looking to put a generator in my dcb to charge the batteries while I'm docked listening to the stereo. Any help thanks So Cal

mbrown2
08-24-2005, 07:23 PM
You need a couple things....A Cascade Power Supply (w/Smart Charger) and Honda EU 2000 Generator...DCB rigged my supply to run through the batteries so at night I could smart charge them...during listening unplug the smart charge RJ11 jack and then you get the full power supply....depending on the amount watts you are pushing will help you decide on the Cascade unit size...I am pushing around 3000watts so I went with the 90Amp unit.....The generator powers the Power Supply when listening to the system docked or parked or you can run off batteries when running or parked...but using the power supply generator keeps the batteries from going dead while parked.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Looking to put a generator in my dcb to charge the batteries while I'm docked listening to the stereo. Any help thanks So Cal
Ask Phat Matt.....
He's doing that to his new boat.......Matt?? :idea:
Later,
CJG
:D

h2oski2fast
08-24-2005, 08:02 PM
You need a couple things....A Cascade Power Supply (w/Smart Charger) and Honda EU 2000 Generator...DCB rigged my supply to run through the batteries so at night I could smart charge them...during listening unplug the smart charge RJ11 jack and then you get the full power supply....depending on the amount watts you are pushing will help you decide on the Cascade unit size...I am pushing around 3000watts so I went with the 90Amp unit.....The generator powers the Power Supply when listening to the system docked or parked or you can run off batteries when running or parked...but using the power supply generator keeps the batteries from going dead while parked.
Yeah what he said. But I would always keep the batteries plugged in while running the stereo, helps to use them as a buffer.

mbrown2
08-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Yeah what he said. But I would always keep the batteries plugged in while running the stereo, helps to use them as a buffer.
They are always plugged in....and the power supply goes through the battery...its just the RJ 11 cable I unplug so the supply does not even try and go in smart charge mode...just acts as power supply.

h2oski2fast
08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Gotcha, didn't realize thats how it was setup!!!!! :mix: :mix: :mix:

Phat Matt
08-24-2005, 10:30 PM
mbrown2 said it in a nutshell. You can read it in this thread to understand it some more.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69215&highlight=generator

hyevon
08-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the info. Any place in so cal to purchase these componants, or someone in havi to install

mbrown2
08-25-2005, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the info. Any place in so cal to purchase these componants, or someone in havi to install
Check that thread...it may tell you where to get the EU2000...you can find them online for 800-900. Get the Cascade from Boatfloating on these boards.

Charley
08-25-2005, 06:16 AM
220, 221 whatever it takes!

ROZ
08-25-2005, 10:44 AM
220, 221 whatever it takes!
You've been hanging around HH I see.. lol

Sweet Addiction
04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I can pick a Honda EU1000 up for $400.00. Is this not enough power to charge 3 blue tops while running the system?

Mr. Naudio
04-05-2007, 02:12 PM
I can pick a Honda EU1000 up for $400.00. Is this not enough power to charge 3 blue tops while running the system?
What kind (and size)amps?
And power supply.
With the cascade 90 the 2000 is the way to go.

Phat Matt
04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
The Cascade 90 itself would be too much for the 1000. I only run the 75 on the 2000.

707dog
04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
hey fellas im lost..a generator for the boat batterys?? iv had fat systems in all my boats and never had any probs with the batterys whats the dealio with the generators??...sorry to jack your thread but just looking for some 411 for my confusion...

Phat Matt
04-05-2007, 09:17 PM
hey fellas im lost..a generator for the boat batterys?? iv had fat systems in all my boats and never had any probs with the batterys whats the dealio with the generators??...sorry to jack your thread but just looking for some 411 for my confusion...
I am running 4 amps on my system that would probably kill a battery in 20 minutes. Instead of loading up on lead I have one battery for the stereo and a genny that is less than 50lbs. As long as you have gas, you have tunes, no kidding.
Less weight and the stereo never dies.

707dog
04-06-2007, 07:06 AM
I am running 4 amps on my system that would probably kill a battery in 20 minutes. Instead of loading up on lead I have one battery for the stereo and a genny that is less than 50lbs. As long as you have gas, you have tunes, no kidding.
Less weight and the stereo never dies.
OWW SO ITS A SMALL GENERATOR?...AND YOU PLUG IT IN TO THE ONBOARD CHARGERS CORRECT?? NO PROBS WITH FUMES FROM THE EXHUAST?? I WAS INTERESTED IN THE ONBOARD CHARGERS FOR MY BOAT ALSO... MY UNCLE HAS ONE ON HIS PRO-BASS BOAT, HE SWEARS BUY IT...HEY SORRY AGAIN FOR JUMPIN ON YOUR THREAD..MAYBE I SHOULD START MY OWN:D

Mr. Naudio
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
OWW SO ITS A SMALL GENERATOR?...AND YOU PLUG IT IN TO THE ONBOARD CHARGERS CORRECT?? NO PROBS WITH FUMES FROM THE EXHUAST?? I WAS INTERESTED IN THE ONBOARD CHARGERS FOR MY BOAT ALSO... MY UNCLE HAS ONE ON HIS PRO-BASS BOAT, HE SWEARS BUY IT...HEY SORRY AGAIN FOR JUMPIN ON YOUR THREAD..MAYBE I SHOULD START MY OWN:D
His if I remember right is a honda 2000 exhaust plummed out the transom then ran to the power supply(converts from ac to 12volt dc)Then to a 2150 battery (servs as a buffer) then to the amps.
The power supply is just like what a stereo shop would plug into the wall to power all their demo stuff.(110 ac to 12 dc).
As long as you have gas you gots lots o power.
Only draw back if you could call it one is the genny shoul be running to listen to the stereo.Kinda kool though to have to start up your stereo:jawdrop:
Matts syestem is way sick.
Someday I,ll get the chance to hear it.Was there for the build and would expect it to knock somthing in the dirt.

707dog
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
wow:idea: might have some new additions to my boat before summer cause my big amp drams alot from the battery which im sure my other 2 do also. i do know the my boat has some system that when the battery/batterys get down passed a certain level everything shuts down and will leave enough in the batterys to start the boat..but i like that genny and other do hicky delio..im going to be down in havi at the end of may maybe ill get a chance to check one of your guys set up sounds interresting..matt bro you sound like the juke box on water guy...maybe ill get a chance to hear it...

Phat Matt
04-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Yes it is small. It's portable. I take it out and use it for camping. The onboard charger has a plug for full power (when playing) and a float charger for when it is in storage.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01116.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC01128.JPG

Sweet Addiction
04-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Yea, the weight is the problem. I have 4 batteries under my back seat, and plenty of room in the engine compartment. So far I am running 2 kicker 250 for the mids and highs and a kicker 750 mono for the subs. So do you think the Honda 1000 would work with the Casada 75?

Phat Matt
04-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Yea, the weight is the problem. I have 4 batteries under my back seat, and plenty of room in the engine compartment. So far I am running 2 kicker 250 for the mids and highs and a kicker 750 mono for the subs. So do you think the Honda 1000 would work with the Casada 75?
The 75 is too much for the 1000. It pulls to many amps. The 1000 and the 2000 are the same size. The 2000 just cost more. :)
Like I said though. I use the 2000 for other things than the boat. I have it installed as removable.

Mr. Naudio
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
You should be fine with just a better battery.
one or two 2150s would do the trick.
You have plenty of power but nowhere near enough to warrent a geny syestem. IMHO

Sweet Addiction
04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Ok, that is what I need, just info. I am going to run it like it is and see how long I can have the tunes turned up until the batteries go dead.