PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Marina Legal Fund

prosthogod
08-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I just had my money returned to me from Lakeracer . In the attached letter he explained that not enough money was given to do anything. The total amount was 2825.00. I think that is pitiful. With all the talk and multiple threads on this subject, and that's all you people could come up with. All talk and nothing to back it. I'll stop now because I'm sure all your CHEAP opinions need to be heard. :mad:

moneypit
08-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I think if it affected peoples everyday life, they might have followed through. But were talking about a vacation spot. Also this isnt the only place to get in the water. If it was, then again, people might have become more involved...

prosthogod
08-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I agree to the point except why all the BS on this web site. If you don't care then keep your trap shut.

Magic34
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Forget collecting $$, find a pro bono guy. :D

Focker
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
WHY NOT HIRE THAT ROBERTSON CHARACTER
DIDNT HE SAY TAKE OUT THE DICTATOR

riverbound
08-25-2005, 03:16 PM
I agree to the point except why all the BS on this web site. If you don't care then keep your trap shut.
Because drama is what fuels this site.

C-2
08-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Money is/was never really the issue - it was a lack of available time that killed the deal.
Legal battles consume time and money; apathy is cheap.

LakeRacer
08-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Money is/was never really the issue - it was a lack of available time that killed the deal.
Legal battles consume time and money; apathy is cheap.
Craig, as you have so aptly put it...time and money. But it still was a pitiful showing after all of the bs put forth on this board.

LakeRacer
08-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Do you know one?

Magic34
08-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Art,
I know you have tons of info, but I also know that a blank check offer was made to the marina owner and they refused to even consider it. Any other way to own this that you might know except for the lease bid coming up in a few years?

Magic34
08-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Craig, as you have so aptly put it...time and money. But it still was a pitiful showing after all of the bs put forth on this board.
I agree, but what if you came up with $10k or even $15k and entered a legal battle? How would we ahve funded the entire thing? I am more than thankful for your efforts.
I want to level it and build towers but that can't happen.

Havasu Hangin'
08-25-2005, 09:07 PM
How many of you wrote the governor?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/279AZ_Gov.jpg

LakeRacer
08-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Art,
I know you have tons of info, but I also know that a blank check offer was made to the marina owner and they refused to even consider it. Any other way to own this that you might know except for the lease bid coming up in a few years?
I can't remember if the State has to put the lease/bid back out to the public to see if someone might want the business. If so, then a very large blank check could come in handy for some new owners.

Magic34
08-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I can't remember if the State has to put the lease/bid back out to the public to see if someone might want the business. If so, then a very large blank check could come in handy for some new owners.
I know of 2 different parties ready to go when it happens.

LakeRacer
08-25-2005, 09:11 PM
I know of 2 different parties ready to go when it happens.
If they get it, then I'm ready to be a marina manager! :wink:

KACHINA KEN
08-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Do you know one?
http://holcomb-law.com/index2.html
Probably not pro bono but a good place to start. He's an avid boat and a good guy, he assisted me with defeating London Bridge when they wrongfully towed my boat.

prosthogod
08-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Where are all the drama queens now?

That Guy
08-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Art....check your pm's....thanks.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Where are all the drama queens now?
Exactly!

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I just had my money returned to me from Lakeracer . In the attached letter he explained that not enough money was given to do anything. The total amount was 2825.00. I think that is pitiful. With all the talk and multiple threads on this subject, and that's all you people could come up with. All talk and nothing to back it. I'll stop now because I'm sure all your CHEAP opinions need to be heard. :mad:
We sent LR a check that was never processed. We have used the Marina once but only because I was hung over and didn't want to wait in line at Windsor. :notam:

Havasu_Dreamin
08-26-2005, 01:12 PM
We sent LR a check that was never processed. We have used the Marina once but only because I was hung over and didn't want to wait in line at Windsor. :notam:
I doubt his comments are directed at you OG. Those that donated know who they are.

OGShocker
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I doubt his comments are directed at you OG. Those that donated know who they are.
My post was purely from guilt because I used the Marina this year. :D