PDA

View Full Version : your opinions please

nodigg
08-26-2005, 04:13 PM
So this friend of mine got his motor and interior rebuilt a few hours ago. The motor turned out to have windage and splashed oil out of the dip stick tube and therefore all over the inside of the engine compartment spread by the belt and pulleys. He paid for the new bigger oil pan and labor and the garage replaced some stained carpet where the mechanic had to stand to work but says he should get darker colors for the engine compartment or a surface with some cleanable material and will only attempt to do the best "cleaning job" they can do on the rest and seem to feel they are not responsible for the now oily "new" interior. I told my buddy the motor in my boat did not leak oil in 6 years and that NO engine should throw oil or leak anyway, especially when new. So does the shop bear responsibility for not initially dealing with the windage or is it my friends fault for wanting more power?
What to you folks think?

Kilrtoy
08-26-2005, 04:17 PM
So your new motor is not working out....
That sucks.... and yes I feel the shop should be held responsible....

nodigg
08-26-2005, 04:25 PM
So your new motor is not working out....
That sucks.... and yes I feel the shop should be held responsible....
Not mine, a friends! I love my new motor! I think, ....I'll let ya' know if I get to run it this summer.