PDA

View Full Version : A little advise please.

Biglue
08-27-2005, 12:23 PM
It's gonna be kinda long so please bare with me.
As you may know my truck's tranny began slipping several days ago. I took it to the dealer for repairs since I have extended coverage on it. The dealer took two days to get back to the warranty folks with a diagnosis. Now the warranty peeps want the dealer to take it apart and verify their own diagnosis. If the dealer is wrong than I'm liable for the repairs.
Before that chapter, the warranty company wanted the maint history of the tranny. I provided proof of servicing it twice. My truck has just under 51k miles on it. It's already had the tranny fluid changed twice. It's recommended every 30k miles. It obvious that the maint is there to even a blind man.
It just seems like the warranty company is taking every measure to weasel their way out of covering my claim. It's really pissing me off. If they reject my claim, I'm cancelling it and getting a refund for the remaining coverage.
My question to you guys is, who has dealt with this? Is this standard procedure on their behalf and what can I do. Am I basically just hosed?
Thanks guys.

HALLETT BOY
08-27-2005, 12:30 PM
They have certain guidlines they must adhere to , let then inspect it and stand firm that you will not take no for answer.If you are persistant with them they most likely will come through....

Dribble
08-27-2005, 12:33 PM
This is standard procedure for these a-holes. It gets worse. After it's torn down they send their own appraiser out to look at it. His job is to manufacture a reason that it shouldn't be covered. I have seen them deny warranty coverage for the most ridiculous reasons you can imagine. If you read the terms of your warranty it's probably all right there. If they can't get out of paying, there is probably a clause stating they will replace the defective part with a LKQ (Like Kind and Quality) part meaning used from a wrecking yard.
If an extended warranty is not underwritten by the vehicle manufacturer it is not worth a crap. These companies do not consider you their customer. The dealer sales department is their customer. You don't mean squat to them.
Good luck.

Wally_Gator
08-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I had gone through that before. They wanted a teardown, where I was responsable for the teardown if there was nothing found.
That was with the GMPP major guard.
The tech said, he WILL find something wrong. Be cool with your service advisor as he can be alot of help at this point. Either he can go to bat for you or tell you they denied you...

Biglue
08-27-2005, 12:47 PM
I had gone through that before. They wanted a teardown, where I was responsable for the teardown if there was nothing found.
The tech said, he WILL find something wrong. Be cool with your service advisor as he can be alot of help at this point. Either he can go to bat for you or tell you they denied you...
Yeah I think the service advisor is on my side. He's inspired some confidence that he will help me out.

lucky
08-27-2005, 01:02 PM
extended service warrenty sucks - that's like buying a cataltic conveter fart valve ---

76ANTHONY
08-27-2005, 01:03 PM
ok i hope your ready for this. the dealer has to tear it down and get an inspector out to verify. if they decline repairs you now have to pay to put it together again. if the advidsor didnt qoute this already. gmpp is different, they go by codes, you can have the mangr bypass the insp at times. what do you have for a service contract??

mirvin
08-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Biglou, please tell me you're not dealing with Don Kott Ford :confused: If you are, do yourself a favor and just go somewhere else......
In any case, warranty work is the worst. It's the lowest priority they've got.
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
mirvin ;)

pjones
08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of truck do
you have that coughed a trans at 51k miles?

NOTALENT
I went through this with my rear end on my dodge with Wynn's extended warranty...Took them a month to rebuild a rear end with them...and Any part that wasnt fully bad...I had to pay for...they werent going to pay for my rental...So I had my lawyer cotact them..and there attitude changed...got my rental reimbursement. and a little extra for the inconvienence...
What dealer is it...if they have to replace it they most likely buy through my company...I can get you there price... :rollside:

meaniam
this is correct. teardown is the first thing always needed. they need to diagonois the failure. does not mean they have a plan to deny your claim. if this is a chevy truck at least on gas engines trans service is recommended at 50k. look in your manual. maybe you have a rookie advisor. trans failures should be quoted (or i do anyways) 5 days for teardown and diagnosis. i only had 1 trans tech where i worked at so he was always busy. did you have a check engine light pop on? if so it will have codes stored.
this advisor is proably prepping everything for the warrenty comp. so it will be approved quickly. and very little down time for his tech. when a cust. drops his car off with a major part failure. i prep them for all the things i might need. kinda like a checklist. so they have anything ready that i may ask for, and it dont scare them
i proably wouldnt worry to much. i rarely had a warrenty adjuster come out to inspect a car. only twice and its becuase i work for a shady dealership. that sold a junk truck. without recon and they tried to get extended warrenty to buy it.

Biglue
08-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Biglou, please tell me you're not dealing with Don Kott Ford :confused: If you are, do yourself a favor and just go somewhere else......
In any case, warranty work is the worst. It's the lowest priority they've got.
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
mirvin ;)
It's excactly who I'm dealing with. Have you had trouble with them?

Biglue
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of truck do
you have that coughed a trans at 51k miles?
It's an 01 F150 supercrew. Very well maintained I might add. The fine print basically says that you can't abuse or neglect the maint. issues. Other than that there should be coverage. It's obvious to any one the truck is well serviced and cared for. I don't know WTF they are doing this for. If the dealer mis-diagnosed it, they should eat the labor costs and re-submit a revised claim. That would be customer care.

Biglue
08-27-2005, 01:30 PM
I went through this with my rear end on my dodge with Wynn's extended warranty...Took them a month to rebuild a rear end with them...and Any part that wasnt fully bad...I had to pay for...they werent going to pay for my rental...So I had my lawyer cotact them..and there attitude changed...got my rental reimbursement. and a little extra for the inconvienence...
What dealer is it...if they have to replace it they most likely buy through my company...I can get you there price... :rollside:
PM your number if you can bro. I'd appreciate it.
Louie.

mirvin
08-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh man......we should talk. Here's the short version:
7 tranny's and 2 years............dang.
THis was an E4OD in a 30 foot rv.
THey are terrible.
Call me. 818-977-8393 (before 6:00) If you can't call me I'll send you a pm later tonight.
mirvin

Biglue
08-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh man......we should talk. Here's the short version:
7 tranny's and 2 years............dang.
THis was an E4OD in a 30 foot rv.
THey are terrible.
Call me. 818-977-8393 (before 6:00) If you can't call me I'll send you a pm later tonight.
mirvin
Thanks bro.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Time to contact the BBB :D

Big Warlock
08-27-2005, 01:44 PM
But it is a FORD! :D

76ANTHONY
08-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Where Did You Buy The Vehicle And Where Did You Buy The Contract?

Biglue
08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Where Did You Buy The Vehicle And Where Did You Buy The Contract?
BOth form the Ford dealer.

Biglue
08-27-2005, 01:57 PM
But it is a FORD! :D
It was a good truck for 4 years........not a thing went bad. Now all of the sudden the tranny at 51K miles.

76ANTHONY
08-27-2005, 02:03 PM
ok, let the diag be done, when and if it comes back not covered, call ford direct, tell them you have a fleet of 2003 f-250s and you are thinking about buying chevy's. be nice and they will cover it for you. i did this when i was a chevy service advisor for 10 years.

76ANTHONY
08-27-2005, 02:07 PM
i did and engine and trans for a local club owner with 60k on his truck under full warranty. this is just one of those things, trust me when i say, the cooler headed you are the more you'll get

Biglue
08-27-2005, 03:11 PM
i did and engine and trans for a local club owner with 60k on his truck under full warranty. this is just one of those things, trust me when i say, the cooler headed you are the more you'll get
Thanks for the adivse. My service writter has told me he will make sure the parts he said failed will be "faulty". He's been pretty cool. It's the f'n warranty f-wads that are pissing me off. Why would they doubt the maint on a well kept truck. I could see if I showed up with a beat up truck, leaking oil etc. Those are signs of abuse and neglect. That was their 1st attempt at weaseling out of covering the claim. They asked for the service records. WTF???? Now to ask that the dealer tech verify theri analysis is sheer distrust on their part.

mirvin
08-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the adivse. My service writter has told me he will make sure the parts he said failed will be "faulty". He's been pretty cool. It's the f'n warranty f-wads that are pissing me off. Why would they doubt the maint on a well kept truck. I could see if I showed up with a beat up truck, leaking oil etc. Those are signs of abuse and neglect. That was their 1st attempt at weaseling out of covering the claim. They asked for the service records. WTF???? Now to ask that the dealer tech verify theri analysis is sheer distrust on their part.
Hey Biglou, WHO is giving you this info? I hate to be blunt but in my experience with Don Kott, the service writers, service manager, and general manager were all full of chittles. They all gave me stories and lies and when it came time for them to pony up they flat out said no.
I kept a cool head for two years. It wasnt' until I downright molested the general manager on a daily basis that I got results.
Just nod and say yest to the service writer and then go start a relationship with the general manager. At the time I was over there there were two guys, Greg (Forman or Fisher or something) and another guy named Leon. You can also talk to Barbaro Boredman. She's some bigwig over there too.
mirvin

Biglue
08-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Biglou, WHO is giving you this info? I hate to be blunt but in my experience with Don Kott, the service writers, service manager, and general manager were all full of chittles. They all gave me stories and lies and when it came time for them to pony up they flat out said no.
I kept a cool head for two years. It wasnt' until I downright molested the general manager on a daily basis that I got results.
Just nod and say yest to the service writer and then go start a relationship with the general manager. At the time I was over there there were two guys, Greg (Forman or Fisher or something) and another guy named Leon. You can also talk to Barbaro Boredman. She's some bigwig over there too.
mirvin
Thanks, that's some good info to have.

76ANTHONY
08-27-2005, 03:45 PM
MIRVIN, has got a valid point, you always want to have a fallback person from the top. it really helps.

Biglue
09-04-2005, 10:51 AM
In Carson. Those motherfr's took a week and a half to get my truck back after all the bullshit I went through and posted on this thread. They finally got it back to me. Guess what? They stole an ashtray full of change that biolt up over the years. There was actually an evelope with change in my center counsole that they too as well and my shades. Man was I pissed. I have to file a complaint with the service manager now.

mirvin
09-04-2005, 01:16 PM
In Carson. Those motherfr's took a week and a half to get my truck back after all the bullshit I went through and posted on this thread. They finally got it back to me. Guess what? They stole an ashtray full of change that biolt up over the years. There was actually an evelope with change in my center counsole that they too as well and my shades. Man was I pissed. I have to file a complaint with the service manager now.
Sorry to hear that bro.:mad: THey really do suck. I had a homeless guy crapping in my toilet while my rv was there. What a mess. All my hatches were all pryed like they were trying to get in there. The windows were left open during a rain storm. I will never go back there.
I actually went down the road to Altmans and they said they were to busy servicing their own customers (people who bought from them) so they don't take outside customers like me :yuk:
Hopefully they actually fixed your truck.......
mirvin :wink: