PDA

View Full Version : I have sunk every boat i've own

ShutYaPieHole
08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Am i the first person to say" I have sunk every boat i've own"
18' kurtis craft v-drive -----lake mead sunk just outside the narrows 06/30/03 probably still sinking
21' glencoe jet---black meadows(lake havasu) sunk in 5' of water on 08/12/05.
Seeking a new hobby maybe kite flying.

Supultlbich
08-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear that, are you a good swimmer??

Throttle
08-27-2005, 10:04 PM
maybe you should take up golfing. kinda the same, get'n your balls in da hole.

OGShocker
08-27-2005, 10:06 PM
18' kurtis craft v-drive -----lake mead sunk just outside the narrows 06/30/03 probably still sinking
That sux! At least no one was hurt. Shuffleboard can be fun and exciting!

Miss Perfect
08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Wow, nothing but bad news tonight. Sorry about your boats.

moneypit
08-28-2005, 12:10 AM
That hole in the rear in the boat should be plugged. :D :D :D

ShutYaPieHole
08-28-2005, 12:20 AM
That hole in the rear in the boat should be plugged. :D :D :D
Hole what hole?

Kim Hanson
08-28-2005, 04:24 AM
I have only sunk one and I still have it and it still works great, after like 1500 buck to get it running again..........( . )( . )....... :jawdrop:Marlin V-Drive RaceBoat :supp:

JetBoatRich
08-28-2005, 05:56 AM
That is no way to wash the inside :mad:
Kite flying can be dangerous near power lines :cry:

Kim Hanson
08-28-2005, 06:21 AM
That is no way to wash the inside :mad:
Kite flying can be dangerous near power lines :cry:
How else do you wash the inside of those gauges :p .......( . )( . ).......Inside the engine as well :D :D You can reach all those hard to get at place's then :)

dmontzsta
08-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Dang that really sucks. I just saw you with that boat not too long ago and it seems it was starting to run how you wanted it. 5' of water? did you have it recovered or are you going to? You should get ahold of Greg over at Metropolitan Marine, he should be able to take care of you with the recovery. How did it happen? that really sucks.

HammerDown
08-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Chances are the string will break...and off to the sky's your kite will go, most likely to land in a lake or ocean...and sink :D

Tom Brown
08-28-2005, 07:43 AM
I wonder if Havasu Hangin' has sunk any of those tuna boats of his? :idea:

Danhercules
08-28-2005, 08:32 AM
"I am Dan, and I am a boat sinker. I have sunk every boat I have owned."
Now, I have only owned one boat, but it went in the drink. All good now. At least yours was nice River water, mine was in Elsinore! :yuk:

H20 Toie
08-28-2005, 09:16 AM
i feel lucky i have only sunk my first boat but it still at the bottom of Pyramid.

wsuwrhr
08-28-2005, 09:18 AM
i feel lucky i have only sunk my first boat but it still at the bottom of Pyramid.
ouch

JB in so cal
08-28-2005, 09:38 AM
What happened? Lagoon? Storm? No plug? Bet the owner of the park was pissed you dented his lake bottom!

bchbum
08-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Maybe you should just borrow boats . or rent them

rvrtoy
08-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Take scuba lessons and trade your boat in for a submarine. They are made to go underwater!!! :D :D :D :eek:

MudPumper
08-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey I saw a V-drive about a year ago that had sunk but is now uncovered by the low water level. It's just outside the Narrows. If you were going from Boulder Basin through the Narrows to Virgin Basin, just as you exit the narrows if you were to turn toward the right it is sitting on a beach.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1653MeadMap2-med.gif Back when I saw it (Sep 20 2004) it was sitting upside down with just part of the starboard side burried in the sand. We tried to flip it over but with the side burried in the sand and the engine in it, we couldn't budge it. It had chrome, or pollished cav plates and prop shaft. I figured it hadn't been down that long because there wasn't a whole lot of growth or corrosion on any of the hardwear.

ShutYaPieHole
08-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey I saw a V-drive about a year ago that had sunk but is now uncovered by the low water level. It's just outside the Narrows. If you were going from Boulder Basin through the Narrows to Virgin Basin, just as you exit the narrows if you were to turn toward the right it is sitting on a beach.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1653MeadMap2-med.gif Back when I saw it (Sep 20 2004) it was sitting upside down with just part of the starboard side burried in the sand. We tried to flip it over but with the side burried in the sand and the engine in it, we couldn't budge it. It had chrome, or pollished cav plates and prop shaft. I figured it hadn't been down that long because there wasn't a whole lot of growth or corrosion on any of the hardwear.
Thats in the same area ...........WAS IT WHITE WITH BLUE AND WHITE INTERIOR?

BADASS38CHEVY
08-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Have you thought about getting a submarine.

a catered life
08-28-2005, 05:26 PM
detailing the engine compartment can be done in the drive way :confused:

MudPumper
08-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Thats in the same area ...........WAS IT WHITE WITH BLUE AND WHITE INTERIOR?
It was white, I don't know about the interior because it was upside down. There was only a small area on the side that was out of the sand far enough for me to see that there was a motor in it.

dmontzsta
08-28-2005, 10:07 PM
For some reason when I see a boat under water it is a freaky looking site, kind of erie, like a dead body or something. I dont know why, but I have always felt that way.

ShutYaPieHole
08-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Dang that really sucks. I just saw you with that boat not too long ago and it seems it was starting to run how you wanted it. 5' of water? did you have it recovered or are you going to? You should get ahold of Greg over at Metropolitan Marine, he should be able to take care of you with the recovery. How did it happen? that really sucks.
Hey D
This happen to me 3 weeks ago at black meadows. I slept in my boat wednesday night(dont ask why). We ran the boat all day thursday to the bridge and back twice anchored thursday night. Started partying and woke up to a sunken boat. What really pissed me off is i just added a rule 1100 autobilge and brand new batteries. I even hooked the bilge striaght to the batttery. I also have 750 manual pump. It was sunken up to the dash board.I lost my amps,ignition, speakers and pumped 8 gallons of water from the motor. I made the mistake of painting my bowl and i dont think silicone sticks to slick surfaces to good.
We pulled the plug and drug it for 30min. ubtil she began to float then stuck the plug back in. Thanks to my buddies we were able to ride with them the rest of the trip.

ShutYaPieHole
08-29-2005, 03:18 AM
It was white, I don't know about the interior because it was upside down. There was only a small area on the side that was out of the sand far enough for me to see that there was a motor in it.
That was probably it. I had a small block in it.........ran 75 gps

doesitfloat?
08-29-2005, 08:16 AM
For some reason when I see a boat under water it is a freaky looking site, kind of erie, like a dead body or something. I dont know why, but I have always felt that way.
I have felt that way too. Something about it just makes me feel nervous.

Tom Brown
08-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Hoolign has burned every boath he's owned. Maybe that will help you feel better.

Captain no fun
08-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I have been trying to come up with a good description of what it looks like, but you NAILED IT. I was hit and sunk on the Snohomish River, and when we got to the boat that night to start salvage, the boat was under, out of sight, but as we drug it to shore with pick-up trucks and come-alongs it was like dragging up the dead. It's creepy diving at night for your boat too! When the only light is from a 100,000 candle power light, and that doesn't penetrate the water. We got it on video about 5 feet under, and it's hard to describe. I've sunk that Hondo twice hard, and swamped it 5 or 6 times. Swamping doesn't even count in my book as an incident anymore, I guess that's a sad statement. Excuse me while I go lean on my neighbors truck!... :p

a catered life
08-29-2005, 01:13 PM
thats how i feel when i see people driving a ford :jawdrop: just kidding lmao

NOTALENT
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I have been hoping to sink mine...you wanna take a stab at it..... :D :hammer2: