PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Agenda flipped today,

Throttle
08-29-2005, 01:39 PM
This is a pick of Hidden Agenda at Peters Landing before the race began today. During the race it flipped at the north turn near the beach, as I was leaving I learned that one of the crew members had not been located.
Quite a sight to see, thoughts and prayers for this team from Texas!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/519/2610100_2073.JPG

mondorally
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Anyone know what happened to the crew member? I overheard various conflicting reports..........
Justin

LHC30Victory
08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
That's terrible! I hope your information is not right and all are welll.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
That's terrible! I hope your information is not right and all are welll.
I will only say this, the info came straight from one of their own about 30 - 35 minutes after the accident.

BADBLOWN572
08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
As we were leaving this afternoon, we asked one of the paramedics if he knew the status of the team member from Hidden Agenda and his comment to us was "He'll live." That was it. He wouldn't elaborate on anything other than "he'll live." Hopefully his information is correct and hopefully the guy makes a full recovery. :)

Supultlbich
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
That is good to here, thanks for the info BB!

Redneck
08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
well keep the prayers going and hopefully he will have a fast recovery

boater72
08-29-2005, 03:53 PM
That's sad to hear about the crew member from Hidden Agenda as they were putting on a good show and I think they would have won today. They had great straight away speed. Just wish more boats would show up for this race.

missboatnam1
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
heard from a couple of people he lived,but who knows in what condition.

missboatnam1
08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
who is the old guy on the dock with the big belly shirt.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 04:25 PM
As we were leaving this afternoon, we asked one of the paramedics if he knew the status of the team member from Hidden Agenda and his comment to us was "He'll live." :)
this is good news, lets hope they are right.

BoatPI
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
That is sad. I heard constant sirens outside my house eariler and wondered, know i know. PM me if there is anything I can assist the family with.

Pacific Offshore
08-29-2005, 08:24 PM
The reports from the hospital are good for Chris. He is expected to recover fully from the incident and be released in a couple of days.

unleashed
08-29-2005, 08:28 PM
The reports from the hospital are good for Chris. He is expected to recover fully from the incident and be released in a couple of days.
There were two on board...are they both OK??? We saw them giving CPR to someone on the way in?? Hope they are both ok.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Throttle
08-29-2005, 08:30 PM
thanks for the update, I was down on the docks with them earlier and they all seemed so happy to be hear today, it really was something to see.

dmontzsta
08-29-2005, 08:31 PM
I saw that boat headed down the 91 Friday around 5-6pm.

Pacific Offshore
08-30-2005, 05:17 AM
There were two on board...are they both OK??? We saw them giving CPR to someone on the way in?? Hope they are both ok.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
Yes both are OK. Roy was checked and released and at Peters Landing have a cool one in the afternoon. We are all very happy both are/will be fine.

BoatPI
08-30-2005, 05:19 AM
The article on this is in the OC Register. Aparently the throttleman was rescued by the race officials and is in Huntington Hospital recovering. Close call.

Throttle
08-30-2005, 05:39 AM
The article on this is in the OC Register. Aparently the throttleman was rescued by the race officials and is in Huntington Hospital recovering. Close call.
oh yeah, close call, phew!

Krumbsnatcher
08-30-2005, 08:43 AM
The crash occurred on the north turn facing away from the beach. The two cats the old Circus Circus boat and Hidden Agenda were rallying. Hidden agenda wa on the outside and just turned two tight and my guess is that from what i saw that a they caught a swell and rocketed these guys 90 degrees straight in the air then came down sideways toward the inside of the course, just missing the Circus Circus boat.
Then it rolled onto its canopies. The Circus Circus boat did an abrupt U turn as well as all the other racers to assist. The throttle man was Roy Schrader of Get Real Performance.
I also found out that their safety equipment on board was not up to specs and the teams helmets were pulled.

boater72
08-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Monday, August 29, 2005
Powerboat racer rescued by divers
40-foot catamaran flips while leading Huntington Beach Offshore Grand Prix.
The Orange County Register
HUNTINGTON BEACH – Divers rescued a powerboat racer who was trapped briefly under his boat after it flipped Sunday during the Huntington Beach Offshore Grand Prix.
Chris Carmody, 45, of Houston was in a 40-foot Skater catamaran, which was leading a pack of nine in the event's final, when it caught a swell and flipped.
Driver Roy Schrader of Santa Barbara managed to free himself from the cockpit, but Carmody, who was handling the boat's throttles, could not, said Scotty McAllister, captain of a rescue boat at the accident scene.
Carmody was not breathing and did not have a pulse when divers pulled him from the water. Race volunteers managed to revive him.
"He pretty much drowned. But we did everything we could and we brought him back," said Alan Blake, a volunteer who helped resuscitate Carmody.
Both men were taken to Huntington Beach Hospital. Schrader, who suffered minor injuries, was treated and released.
Carmody was expected to remain in the hospital overnight for observation, said Sgt. Mike Scalise of the Harbor Patrol. A hospital spokeswoman declined to provide information about his condition.
"He's doing OK," said race director Tom Brunner. "The only thing he's upset about now is he was leading when the boat flipped."

spectras only
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Is Chris Carmody related to the late Jack Carmody ?

Riverkid
08-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Yes. Brothers, I believe...

boater72
08-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes. Brothers, I believe...
Correct.