PDA

View Full Version : Huge Wreck on 15 East

Billy Heinlein
08-29-2005, 04:43 PM
There was a really huge wreck on the 15 east bound, just after Kenwood. Tow Vehicle late model chevy 4x4 black raised about 10 to 12", towing looked like a 28 to 30' power boat did not get good enough look to know make. The chevyÂ’s front-end was destroyed, and the boat was setting half in the bed of the truck. Hope no one was killed, traffic was backed up all the way to Apple Valley west bound and back to the 210 east bound. :confused:

ColeTR2
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
What time did you see this? I think the 15 goes south and north?

Kachina26
08-29-2005, 05:48 PM
15 goes north to south, anyway, here is what CHP had on their site. Looks like lanes are open, but I'm glad I'm not out in this mess!
5:25PM ^ALL LANES ARE NOW OPEN
4:49PM SB 15 TRAFFIC BACKED UP TO S STODDARD WELLS RD
3:42PM ^OLD HWY LYTLE CREEK BACKED UP FOR 4 MILES
3:42PM ^NB 15 TRAFF BACKED UP TO SIERRA NOW
3:25PM .K/0908D0828.D/^ NB 15 TRAFF BACKED UP TO GLEN HELEN - 0-10 MPHS
3:03PM SB 15 IS NOW BACKED UP TO BEAR VALLEY RD
1:46PM UNKNOWN DURATION^
1:46PM DUE TO INJURY ACCIDENT AND BRUSH FIRE^
1:46PM BOTH NB & SB SIDES OF THE 15 FWY ARE SHUT DOWN^

Billy Heinlein
08-29-2005, 06:25 PM
we were coming back from Havasu left Barstow at 2PM and drove by the accident at 4:10PM, it had been there a while, it was on the North bound side

lalhc
08-29-2005, 06:54 PM
There was a brush fire @ that location and the HB'r in the truck ran into a firetruck injuring 3 firefighters. One of them had to be airlifted to Arrowhead Community Hospital.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 06:57 PM
that sounds friggin great!
c'mon u guys give us a break when we are out there doin it for ya, huh?

lalhc
08-29-2005, 06:58 PM
01:35 PM
Sun 8/28Fire - VegetationI-15 & SR-138
Alray Fire. Multiple vegetation fires
03:41 PM Sun 8/28 Many questions about the three injured firefighters. The media will be a better source of info. No further details on this incident. 03:06 PM Sun 8/28From: IC BDF En route camp crews canceled.
02:34 PM Sun 8/28From: IC BDF To :To Dispatch I-15 still shut down southbound. Two northbound lanes just opened. Will open two lanes southbound in approx 10 min. Strike Team of hand crews (at least 30 personnel consisting of a Strike Team Leader and two fire crews) ordered and en route.
02:06 PM Sun 8/28From: IC BDC Third (injured) fire fighter (BDC) en route Arrowhead Regional by ground ambulance. (Last two patients transported by ground may be minor injuries related to the fire equipment/big rig collission). 01:58 PM Sun 8/28From: IC BDC MA-040 en route Arrowhead Regional with injured BDC (County FD) fire fighter (not previously noted). Fire in mop-up stage.
01:51 PM Sun 8/28 Air Rescue 7 off, en route Arrowhead Regional with injured USFS fire fighter. Fires knocked down. Wet line around perimiter.
01:46 PM Sun 8/28 BDC calling for fire dept chaplain asap.01:45 PM
Sun 8/28 I-15 shut down to land copter on freeway to rescue injured USFS firefighter. All southbound trains shut down.
01:42 PM Sun 8/28From: Dispatch Canceling air tankers. Air rescue ETA 6 min. Forward progress of fire stopped.
01:38 PM Sun 8/28From: Dispatch Big rig (towing) boat just struck County and BDF fire units fighting fire. One USFS fire fighter down. Copter and ambulances en route.
01:37 PM Sun 8/28From: Dispatch Big rig (towing?) boat just struck County and BDF fire units fighting fire. One USFS fire fighter down. Copter and ambulances en route. [/B] 01:35 PMSun 8/28From: Dispatch Two fires. Mult aircraft en route

Throttle
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
There was a brush fire @ that location and the HB'r in the truck ran into a firetruck injuring 3 firefighters. One of them had to be airlifted to Arrowhead Community Hospital.
thanks for the info

gqchris
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
I had just passed this coming home this afternoon from Laughlin. It had just started on the side of the road and was about 5 feet in diameter. It looked like some goofball threw a cigarette out the window as usual! Thats how close it was to the road way. It was a good drive all the way home until then, the Vegas idiots were FLYING past me in the pass. I cant believe how people think they are invincible sometimes. The only good thing out of this is that it slowed down thee folks a little!

lalhc
08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Looks like all three are reported OK:
From: tpguySent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 01:51 PMTHis fire is NB I-15 North of the 138 - sounds like East side of the freeway. Firetruck vs. Semitruck TC at this location also. Firefighter down, alerting the chaplain. They are about to close NB I-15 to land Air Rescue 7.
This is known as the "Allray" or maybe "Allway" fire.
Freqs being used:
171.475 USFS Forest Net
159.120 County 8-FIRE-1
168,600 Ground Tac
171.1375* Air Tac
118.950 Air-Air
169.150 Air Coordination (may be changed, in use for another fire already.
* Older scanners may not accept this 12.5 KHz split, will round up to 171.140, should work OK.Complain About This Message
From: diamondSent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 04:06 PMupdate{ all 3 firefighters are in stable conditionComplain About This Message
From: diamondSent: Sunday, August 28, 2005 04:09 PMturned out to be 2 fires , wet line around both of them, BLM from apple valley will continue to help mop up
no hand crews available in the forest ( that makes me wonder )is the fire out,,
told railroad,, it would be up to 3 hours befor they could remove fire equiptment ,, from the right of way,,

BoatPI
08-29-2005, 07:10 PM
That collision was just on the TV news. A black Ford 4X$ towing a Baja "??? and the Beast" I can guess that the total name but that is what I could see on the cheap videotape job.

phebus
08-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Calling Fire Chaplain? Does that mean somebody died?
On our Dept, no. The Chaplain serves as an aid and laison to the victims family, and tries to help them through the event.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 07:14 PM
Calling Fire Chaplain? Does that mean somebody died?
no, not always. Our dept uses them for several things but family support is at the top of the list. With our recent losses we have become very good at getting these things handled, its just anotherway of taking care of our own.

unleashed
08-29-2005, 08:34 PM
That collision was just on the TV news. A black Ford 4X$ towing a Baja "??? and the Beast" I can guess that the total name but that is what I could see on the cheap videotape job.
yeah I just saw the news. Black ford F250 chrome rims about 8 to 10 inch lift with the word Beast on the back of the boat. The boat was a 25 ft boat but not sure of the make. What a bummer!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

bear down
08-29-2005, 08:37 PM
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-650-1125289059_thumb.jpg

Kachina26
08-29-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/uploads/post-650-1125289059_thumb.jpg
That just hurts to look at :(

boater72
08-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Wtf!

KACHINA KEN
08-29-2005, 10:11 PM
no reason that should have happened.

JustMVG
08-29-2005, 10:21 PM
no, not always. Our dept uses them for several things but family support is at the top of the list. With our recent losses we have become very good at getting these things handled, its just anotherway of taking care of our own.
Sorry but i cringed at the part where "wehave gotten good at getting these things done" just because of so many losses. And thank good ness the friefighters who were hurt will be ok, and while i was not there my guees is the guy towing and eventually running into the Forest truck, was lookie looing and not paying attention, this could have been avoided.
Glad all are ok though.

Throttle
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
no reason that should have happened.
nope! :notam:

RVRKID
08-30-2005, 03:14 PM
There was a Pic in the Daily Bulletin, boat says "Beauty and the Beast" on the back.
Firefighters hurt in 15 Freeway crash
By Brad A. Greenberg, Staff Writer
A collision involving a boat-towing pickup truck and a fire engine shut down the 15 Freeway at the Cajon Pass on Sunday and injured five firefighters responding to a brush fire.
The incident occurred at 1:26 p.m. on the northbound side of the freeway at the base of the Cajon Pass. California Highway Patrol closed all north and southbound lanes of the freeway for about an hour, causing bumper-to-bumper traffic from Fontana to the High Desert into the evening.
A U.S. Forest Service firefighter, whose identity has not been released, was airlifted to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton. After regaining consciousness, he appeared fine, Forest Service spokeswoman Ruth Wenstrom said. Another Forest Service firefighter and three county firefighters suffered minor injuries, she said. They were not identified.
The driver of the truck, Jack Creasy, 46, of Apple Valley, was not cited. CHP is investigating what caused Creasy to broadside the Forest Service engine.
"It could have been nature," CHP Sgt. Fernando Contreras said.
Creasy told the CHP's investigating officer, Arlene Brannon, that thick smoke had wafted across the freeway and obscured his vision.
"He didn't see the fire truck," Brannon said. "As soon as he saw it, he hit the brakes and tried to avoid the firefighter. It was too late."
Brannon said it was unclear if the forest service firefighter was struck by Creasy's truck or the engine after it was hit.
Creasy declined to comment.
The collision rocketed Creasy's racing boat off its trailer and onto his truck bed. His black Ford was heavily damaged, as was his boat, Beauty and the Beast.
The collision was the most recent example of the danger firefighters face when they respond to roadside calls. Being hit by oncoming traffic is not unusual.
"People are getting hurt all the time," San Bernardino County fire Battalion Chief Barry Fox said. "It scares me to death."
The firefighters had responded to three small brush fires that erupted on the east side of the 15 Freeway at 1:09 p.m. The fires, which were of unknown origin, were quickly extinguished. But the mess on the freeway took far longer to mop up.
The initial closure lined vehicles up for miles. Once the freeway reopened, spectators couldn't get enough of seeing the boat atop the truck. Even Old Cajon Road was jammed heading north.
About one mile south of the collision, the Circle K on Highway 138 was teeming with thirsty vehicles and weary travelers, both in need of fuel.
"I expected traffic coming from Vegas and all, but can you imagine if next weekend this happened?" asked Liz Crowley, a Seal Beach real-estate agent who stopped for gas after selling a Victorville house. "It was horrible."

riverracerx
08-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Looks kinda like a Nordic by the gel?

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
the boat is a 26' Kachina...
I had a good view of it :mad:

Kachina26
08-30-2005, 04:03 PM
the boat is a 26' Kachina...
I had a good view of it :mad:
Looks like a 30 to me, it has a built in swim step. One of the older Enforcers.

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Looks like a 30 to me, it has a built in swim step. One of the older Enforcers.
it was an older boat, but said 26' Force on the side below the plastic windshield

Jordy
08-30-2005, 04:46 PM
it was an older boat, but said 26' Force on the side below the plastic windshield
Well in Kachina numbers, a 26' is really only about a 24' boat. The 34' I was parked next to yesterday was only 2' longer than my 30' and that was including the swimstep. Numbers are apparently meaningless around there. :D :D :D

Kachina26
08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
How did I know this was gonna turn into a Kachina bashing thread? Where in the hell is Big Warlock?

Jordy
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
How did I know this was gonna turn into a Kachina bashing thread? Where in the hell is Big Warlock?
His 29' was tied up to mine yesterday and believe it or not, there's only about a foot difference. :D :D :D
Besides, I don't think there was any bashing, merely observations being made so far anyway. :D :D :D

Kachina26
08-30-2005, 07:31 PM
His 29' was tied up to mine yesterday and believe it or not, there's only about a foot difference. :D :D :D
Besides, I don't think there was any bashing, merely observations being made so far anyway. :D :D :D
;)

Jordy
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
;)
The helm is on the wrong side though, unless you're in a jetboat. What's up with that??? :D :D :D

Kachina26
08-30-2005, 07:36 PM
The helm is on the wrong side though, unless you're in a jetboat. What's up with that??? :D :D :D
My first boat, a 210 Carrera elite with an outdrive was set up like that, so it worked for me. :D
Now you can get 'em either way on the Drone, if you can get your boat finished :D

Jordy
08-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Now you can get 'em either way on the Drone, if you can get your boat finished :D
Ouch. :idea: :D :rolleyes: :D