PDA

View Full Version : Mead... Weekend Pics.

Holland
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Really mellow weekend... Great friends, met some new ones and enjoyed the old ones. Here is a few pics... Then the PROBLEMS LATER!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff and I floating at Hoover Dam.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Bob_and_Jeff_at_Hoover_8-27-05.jpg
Only had time to catch the final event in the noodle olympics. The beer pass...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Girls_and_Noodles_8-26-05.jpg
Friends Scott and Kristen. Some of the best people you could meet. Like most the people I meet from the boards. Very giving and helpful (as I will share later)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Scott_and_Crew_8-27-05.jpg

Holland
08-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Kristen Wakeboarding.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Kristen_wakeboarding_8-26-05.jpg
Jeff running along side of me.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Jeff_at_Mead_8-26-05.jpg
Me... :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Bob_and_Kelley_8-27-05.jpg
And the best part for last... This is what life is all about to me... The kid on the left is Blaine. Best friends son. and the goober on the right is my kid. This picture sums the whole weekend doesn't it!!!!!!!!!!
Priceless.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Blaine_and_Brett_leaving_lake_Mead_8-28-05.jpg

Jyruiz
08-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Looks like you guys had a real good time, wish I could have been out at the lake this weekend.

HocusPocus
08-29-2005, 08:38 PM
i spent the weekend hanging sheet rock.. your weekend looks much better. :)

Not So Fast
08-30-2005, 06:44 AM
After the rain we had this winter I thought the water level would be higher. Has it come up at all ??? :( NSF

Holland
08-30-2005, 07:30 AM
After the rain we had this winter I thought the water level would be higher. Has it come up at all ??? :( NSF
It appears to be a little higher from some of the beaches from last year... But still a big a$$ lake!
Weather was PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holland
08-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Soooo Here's the Problem
On Sat afternoon, Jeff Purple Kachina was running and all the sudden POP... Motor still running, but not well... Towed him back. luckily he is still under merc warranty. (525) Everyone safe... We load up and head back out. just before dark everyone leaves to head to the marina, I was the last one off the beach making sure no trash or items left as it is easier with everyone out of the way. I back off the beach... then .... clank! the outdrive is 100% stuck in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooo. I opened a bottle of water and prepared for the long ass trip to the marina in reverse. Wife at marina waiting for me. It was PITCH BLACK!!!!!!!!! but it was beautiful. we were in reverse enjoying the ride for about 1.5 hours. all the sudden it (for whatever reason) goes into forward!!!! Yahoo... cant shift, no neutral just forward. So I blast to the marina, load it up... and go to the hotel, drink gamble and enjoy 'till 3am... No one hurt, Motor under warranty also... If this is the only grief I get, I'll take it....
-Bob

Beer-30
08-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Bummer. But, could have been worse.
A question. Do you have trim tabs on the boat? Was going to see how wake boarding is behind mine, but I am not quite on plane at 22. I might be able to coax it over at 25. When does yours roll over onto plane?

Holland
08-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Bummer. But, could have been worse.
A question. Do you have trim tabs on the boat? Was going to see how wake boarding is behind mine, but I am not quite on plane at 22. I might be able to coax it over at 25. When does yours roll over onto plane?
I have the same issue... The pics were behind someone elses boat. Mine planes at 20 - 22 also. No no tabs yet. considering though.

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Soooo Here's the Problem
On Sat afternoon, Jeff Purple Kachina was running and all the sudden POP... Motor still running, but not well... Towed him back. luckily he is still under merc warranty. (525) Everyone safe... We load up and head back out. just before dark everyone leaves to head to the marina, I was the last one off the beach making sure no trash or items left as it is easier with everyone out of the way. I back off the beach... then .... clank! the outdrive is 100% stuck in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooo. I opened a bottle of water and prepared for the long ass trip to the marina in reverse. Wife at marina waiting for me. It was PITCH BLACK!!!!!!!!! but it was beautiful. we were in reverse enjoying the ride for about 1.5 hours. all the sudden it (for whatever reason) goes into forward!!!! Yahoo... cant shift, no neutral just forward. So I blast to the marina, load it up... and go to the hotel, drink gamble and enjoy 'till 3am... No one hurt, Motor under warranty also... If this is the only grief I get, I'll take it....
-Bob
hmmm...I could do without that last part of the trip myself but glad you guys had a good time :D

Beer-30
08-30-2005, 07:50 AM
I have the same issue... The pics were behind someone elses boat. Mine planes at 20 - 22 also. No no tabs yet. considering though.
Ok. Thanks. I'm figuring that is a next year project. :mad:

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 07:51 AM
I can stay on plane in the low 20's with the tabs buried

Beer-30
08-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks, Dan. Put your tabs on my boat before you sell yours. :yuk:
Just powder them red first, okie dokie?

Holland
08-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Did you put them on when built, do you have a "before" comparison???

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks, Dan. Put your tabs on my boat before you sell yours. :yuk:
Just powder them red first, okie dokie?
they are powdered blue and will stay that way...
Sell the Sleek and buy my boat, they are already installed :cool: :cool:

Beer-30
08-30-2005, 08:10 AM
they are powdered blue and will stay that way...
Sell the Sleek and buy my boat, they are already installed :cool: :cool:
That's an idea! But, I think bolting on tabs will be easier than cutting the bow open :eek:

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Did you put them on when built, do you have a "before" comparison???
I had them installed when built but have left them in the full up position to see the difference, its very noticeable

Debbolas
08-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Beautiful boats, great pics, Thanks for sharing :rollside:
(Did ya call Louie?)

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 08:15 AM
That's an idea! But, I think bolting on tabs will be easier than cutting the bow open :eek:
either job involves cutting, and costs are similar for tabs vs open bow...
not to mention the closed bow allows for over-nighting in the boat :cool:

Magic34
08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
and buy my boat, :cool: :cool:
What's this all about? You changing the game a little?

Beer-30
08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

crf311
08-30-2005, 08:19 AM
We spent the weekend getting away from the hurricane, watching the eye pass right over our house on cnn destroying it and all thing we couldn't take with us. Looks like you had a better weekend.

Holland
08-30-2005, 09:17 AM
We spent the weekend getting away from the hurricane, watching the eye pass right over our house on cnn destroying it and all thing we couldn't take with us. Looks like you had a better weekend.
I'm sorry for the misfortune for yall out there... Good luck with that mess..