PDA

View Full Version : Yellow STV mishap

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Anyone out this past weekend see a yellow STV flip? I'm guessing it happened in the river south of the sand bar or maybe in the basin??

BarryMac
08-30-2005, 07:58 AM
It wasn't STV Keith was it? God Damn I hope not, hopefully no on was hurt...

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Keith's boat is light green. I sure hope it wasn't him too.
Were the occupants OK?

rivercrazy
08-30-2005, 08:00 AM
We were hanging out up river past the I-40 bridge and saw a yellow STV cruising up and down river at high rates of speed. One time the STV was racing a larger tunnel hull and making him eat 2-stroke smoke. Hope everyone is OK......

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 08:02 AM
We were hanging out up river past the I-40 bridge and saw a yellow STV cruising up and down river at high rates of speed. One time the STV was racing a larger tunnel hull and making him eat 2-stroke smoke. Hope everyone is OK......
Keith's boat is definitely not yellow. The racing bit and kicking a larger boat's ass does sound like him, though.

Jordy
08-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Keith's boat is light green.
Keith's boat is yellow and white. I met up with him at the sandbar on Friday afternoon. I'm trying to get in touch with him now.

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Keith's boat is yellow and white. I met up with him at the sandbar on Friday afternoon. I'm trying to get in touch with him now.
what he said...Keith's boat is definitely yellow...
let us know what ya find out Jordy.
Hope nobody was hurt whoever it was

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-30-2005, 08:05 AM
I thought Keith's boat is yellow??? We just saw him two weeks ago and I am pretty sure his boat was yellow.
I hope it wasn't him!!!! :(

HM
08-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Definitely yellow. I met him at Park Moabi a couple weeks ago and I recognized his boat from his signature. I hope it wasn't him.

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 08:06 AM
I thought Keith's boat is yellow??? We just saw him two weeks ago and I am pretty sure his boat was yellow.
I hope it wasn't him!!!! :(
Did I ever mention that I'm color blind? Seriously?

Jordy
08-30-2005, 08:08 AM
This is Keith's boat from the BBSP in April:
http://www.riverratlife.com/galleries/05/bbsp/hdd/images/BBSP4.29.050055.jpg
Fockin' colorblind Canatard. :devil:

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 08:09 AM
It was not STV Keith. It was two very close friends of mine. Sounds like they are OK. I have not had a chance to talk to them yet.

Mrs.Racer277
08-30-2005, 08:14 AM
Glad to hear it was not Keith.
Dr.M sorry to hear it was your friends.

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 08:15 AM
My friend's boat is solid yellow, no graphics!

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
It was not STV Keith. It was two very close friends of mine. Sounds like they are OK. I have not had a chance to talk to them yet.
Please keep us posted, Dr. M.
Your friends have my best wishes.

OGShocker
08-30-2005, 08:23 AM
That is great news. Please keep us up to date.

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
That is great news. Please keep us up to date.
what he said...updates are good ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
08-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Tom, hope your friends are ok.

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 08:29 AM
I'll keep you all posted...thanks for the kind words!!

Jordy
08-30-2005, 08:33 AM
It was not STV Keith.
That's good. I still haven't been able to get ahold of him, but did see him online over on RRL and I called his office and they said they hadn't heard anything to that effect.
It was two very close friends of mine. Sounds like they are OK.
Glad to hear they're alright. Keep us posted.
Jordy :D

STV_Keith
08-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the concern guys, but it wasn't me. Didn't see a yellow one out there besides mine, but a friend said there was one at the channel on Saturday. Don't know who it was though. I did see Steve D., who has a yellow/white STV on Saturday afternoon and he wasn't in his boat. I guess he could have gone out on Sunday.
When did this happen?
Dr. Marg, who what it?

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Update: Sounds like some injuries did occur to the driver and one passenger. Lacerations requiring stitches, a blown out knee and bruises to the abdomen probably when they hit the dash. The boat flipped while doing around 60mph after spearing an unseen wake hidden right behind another. The driver of the boat is very experienced, just bad luck in a small, fast boat in ugly water. The boat reportedly sank.

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 08:55 AM
When did this happen?
Dr. Marg, who what it?
Sounds like it happened on Sunday. Out of respect, I'll keep them nameless for now. I'll bet you know him Keith. PM me and I'll let you know privately.

Kilrtoy
08-30-2005, 12:42 PM
I passed them on saturday south of the sandbar and they were taking a beating... Did not look fun.....

dicudmore
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
I passed them on saturday south of the sandbar and they were taking a beating... Did not look fun.....
it was a touch brutal saturday...
I hid in the channel after coming down from topock

Kilrtoy
08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
it was a touch brutal saturday...
I hid in the channel after coming down from topock
I had a very pleasant ride at 75MPH
:eek:

randy77zt
08-30-2005, 01:17 PM
stv -mirage-boats are very addictive to drive/fly due to speed potential .i owned a mirage and had a few close calls with my life because of my thirst for driving fast .even with a stock 260/280 merc if boat is running well it will do 105+.at that speed there is no slowing down for the monster wakes left by the bigger boats .last time at havasu i learned a lesson-if the lakes is chewed up bum a ride on a bigger boat.best time to drive this type of boat is when nobody is out.but owners always like to strut thier stuff and that is when ego kicks in.seeing a 4' wake in front of you makes you wonder why you put yourself through the danger.or coming around a corner on the ship channel out of stockton and seeing an ocean freighter coming.but i still want another tunnel boat.

STV_Keith
08-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Yep, all you guys with your big boats churning it up for us! LOL. Actually, it wasn't that bad. We had to slow down for the rough stuff (around the sandbar and in the Gorge), but ran in the 50-70mph range the rest of the time. Even with 4 people, the little boat still ran mid 80's. :)

dr. margarita
08-30-2005, 02:23 PM
i learned a lesson-if the lakes is chewed up bum a ride on a bigger boat
Can these types of boats be driven slower when the water is jacked up? I imagine that would be a real rough ride. Probably have to run 50 to 60 to make it tolerable?

Rod2614
08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
undefinedundefinedAnyone out this past weekend see a yellow STV flip? I'm guessing it happened in the river south of the sand bar or maybe in the basin?? It was me in the STV. My sweetheart and I were heading home from Needs area (work the next day) and the water got a bit bumpy for my tast. I hit a set of wakes. the first was a hard hit and I lost my nerve and got off the throtle. I stuffed in the next. Thanks to the people that pulled us out of the the drink. the boat is a goner :(
I was going slow at the time that is why we are here to talk today. we are doing ok but my pride and spirit are a bit weak now. Playcraft here we come.
Rod

Kilrtoy
08-30-2005, 09:05 PM
undefinedundefined It was me in the STV. My sweetheart and I were heading home from Needs area (work the next day) and the water got a bit bumpy for my tast. I hit a set of wakes. the first was a hard hit and I lost my nerve and got off the throtle. I stuffed in the next. Thanks to the people that pulled us out of the the drink. the boat is a goner :(
I was going slow at the time that is why we are here to talk today. we are doing ok but my pride and spirit are a bit weak now. Playcraft here we come.
Rod
WOW glad to hear you are ok, the boat can be replaced......

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 09:06 PM
It's great to hear that you and your girl are OK, Rod. :)

cracker
08-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Rod,
Glad to hear you two are ok, I was in the blue and white Baja that helped you guys out, was real glad to see you both ok, hope everything works out. just got back from our first Havasu trip.

Forkin' Crazy
08-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Glad you guys are OK. Small boats and big waves are a bad combo.

Tom Brown
08-30-2005, 09:28 PM
By the way Rod, welcome to ***boat. :)

doesitfloat?
08-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Bummer about the boat but glad to hear from you instead of reading about you in the past tense.
Keep your spirits up!

Huckleberry
08-31-2005, 04:37 AM
undefinedundefined It was me in the STV. My sweetheart and I were heading home from Needs area (work the next day) and the water got a bit bumpy for my tast. I hit a set of wakes. the first was a hard hit and I lost my nerve and got off the throtle. I stuffed in the next. Thanks to the people that pulled us out of the the drink. the boat is a goner :(
Rod
Dude! Dave and I have been trying to find you since yesterday afternoon when this broke out. Glad to hear you are okay. Give me a buzz when you get back into town. Sorry to hear about your baby. :cry:
Jim

STV_Keith
08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Rod
Sorry to hear of your loss Rod. Not sure if I've met you out there or not. Glad you two are okay though. The boat can be replaced, you and the SO can't.

Holland
08-31-2005, 07:34 AM
Rod2614....
Glad to see you got out with minimal injuries!!!! Nice to see you on the boards. Post a pic of your STV if you have any.

dr. margarita
08-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Welcome back Rod!!!! Rough day on the water but I'm sure you'll bounce back. What about an all yellow Conquest??? Seems like a better fit and can be a memorial for the STV! Can't see you in pontoon boat high performance or not :squiggle:

cracker
08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
When we took both of them to the marina to meet the ambulance I ran into Game Wardens, fish and game? I was trying to tell them where the boat sank and they totally blew me off. I said that I could show them where it went down and they told me that it was in San Bernadino county, If I was so interested to go look for the boat myself or go drive around and look for a San Bernadino sheriff to tell that to? I told them I wasnt that interested just thought the guy might want to recover the engine? Real caring people they were.

dr. margarita
08-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey Cracker, Before I comment on the lame brains at the Game Warden's office, I want to express my deepest appreciation for helping my close friends out during their accident. You should be commended!!! Thank you!
I'm sure Rod will salvage what he can from his boat with or without help from the authorities.

cracker
08-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Im really glad they are going to be OK! The accident happened in front of us, we stopped and two of our crew jumped into the water to assist the man who was trying to keep the womans head above water. By the time we got life jackets to them, another boat showed up. We carefully loaded them onto that boat because it was lower to the water than ours and followed them into the marina. It was nothing more than what one of you would do for me or anyone else though, thank you.

98 Vector 21
08-31-2005, 07:55 PM
hope all turns out well, I know that ride all to well on a saturday afternoon....

Kilrtoy
08-31-2005, 08:03 PM
I would agree the fish and game and the rangers arent the nicest people in the world .....

Riverkid
08-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Im really glad they are going to be OK! The accident happened in front of us, we stopped and two of our crew jumped into the water to assist the man who was trying to keep the womans head above water. By the time we got life jackets to them, another boat showed up. We carefully loaded them onto that boat because it was lower to the water than ours and followed them into the marina. It was nothing more than what one of you would do for me or anyone else though, thank you.
You've got good karma in the bank. Nice work to you and your crew.

cracker
08-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I forgot to add, I did call the San Bernadino Sheriff and tell them where to find the boat. They were very nice to deal with.

Rod2614
09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I tried to post yesterday but it did not go thru. Thanks to all that helped out. My sweety and I were taking a hard hit on the water and I stuffed into a wake. We are banged up and the boat is totaled.
Thanks to the guys who pulled us out of the drink. I would love to say thanks you can find me at Rod2614@aol.com

Rod2614
09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I think I now have this posting thing working. WOW THANKS CRACKER. we will have to hook up so I can buy you a drink.
I had about 4 oz of blood drained from my knee today. E. is going to the doc too. We will be back soon. This time I am going big. A big Pontoon! The SVT is dead. I am sure a lot of the parts are good. I have a spare new sportmaster lower unit I don't need, a prop or two. Maybe a few more parts depending on what happens with the insurance.
The PoPo was very nice to me as well. sorry about the extra work guys.
E. told me to thank everybody that helped us for her too. She is a great lady and I feel real bad about putting her thru this. She has not said boo to me about getting her hurt. She should be back to work soon.
Thanks Tom, aka Dr margarita Mr. bling bling

Rod2614
09-01-2005, 04:55 PM
stv -mirage-boats are very addictive to drive/fly due to speed potential .i owned a mirage and had a few close calls with my life because of my thirst for driving fast .even with a stock 260/280 merc if boat is running well it will do 105+.at that speed there is no slowing down for the monster wakes left by the bigger boats .last time at havasu i learned a lesson-if the lakes is chewed up bum a ride on a bigger boat.best time to drive this type of boat is when nobody is out.but owners always like to strut thier stuff and that is when ego kicks in.seeing a 4' wake in front of you makes you wonder why you put yourself through the danger.or coming around a corner on the ship channel out of stockton and seeing an ocean freighter coming.but i still want another tunnel boat.
I hear you my Brother....Rod

ITS ALL GOOD
09-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Rod glad to hear you are all ok.

Miss Perfect
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I think I now have this posting thing working. WOW THANKS CRACKER. we will have to hook up so I can buy you a drink.
I had about 4 oz of blood drained from my knee today. E. is going to the doc too. We will be back soon. This time I am going big. A big Pontoon! The SVT is dead. I am sure a lot of the parts are good. I have a spare new sportmaster lower unit I don't need, a prop or two. Maybe a few more parts depending on what happens with the insurance.
The PoPo was very nice to me as well. sorry about the extra work guys.
E. told me to thank everybody that helped us for her too. She is a great lady and I feel real bad about putting her thru this. She has not said boo to me about getting her hurt. She should be back to work soon.
Thanks Tom, aka Dr margarita Mr. bling bling
Wow sorry to hear about the boat, but at least you two are okay. That is all that matters.
Oh and welcome to ***boat! :)

Punchy
09-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Rod
hey Rod, you probably don't remember me but I work at Santa Margarita Ford and am good friends with John Rufino, in fact I think you guys were out together when it happened. Sorry to hear about everything and glad you guys are ok. Hope you didn't injure your ticketing hand :D
Jerry

Rod2614
09-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Well, I got my boat back from the storage place....Lew (of Lakeland marine) Tells me the 280 hp EFI will run strong for the next guy.
I have the new (15 hours) 280 hp, Mayfair steering with wing plate on the 280. Trailer for the STV, custom backing plate for the inside of the transom and a ton of other parts off the STV.
I also have another sportmaster lower unit.
32p Lighting ET and a 32 Merc. chopper labbed.
anybody need parts shoot me off a note
Rod2614@aol.com

Red Horse
09-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Glad to hear everyone is OK to boat another day!!
Sorry about the boat loss, thankful for the people save :cool:

Mohave Vice
09-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Glad to hear you both are ok!!