PDA

View Full Version : What days are best to go to Dinnyland

goneboatin
08-31-2005, 07:32 AM
I want to take the kids to Disneyland before school starts on Sept. 7. I've heard that on Labor Day the crowds are at a minimum. What days are best to avoid crowds at the happiest place on earth?

Throttle
08-31-2005, 07:40 AM
it is best to go there when the water levels are up.

Music to my Ears
08-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Didn't you hear, the New Orleans area is completely covered with water. Better wait till it receeds. :D

Partycattin
08-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Took the kids last Friday, wasn't too bad.
Pirates: 10 minutes
Haunted mansion: 10 minutes
Toon Town before noon: 5-10 minutes for everything.
Materhorn: 15-20 minutes. The line got longer as the day went on.
Splash Mountain: over an hour. Got a fast pass by 10 and it said to come back after 9:00 pm.

a catered life
08-31-2005, 08:03 AM
friday are always great weekends are the tourist favorite times have fun and pinch minnin on the ass for me :wink:

HocusPocus
08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
we have two girls whose b-days are in january, so we try to go every other year. we go midweek and pull the kids outta school.. even though thats a big no-no in our school district :crossx: . we never have to wait for any ride and the weather is usually pretty good. :)

hack job
08-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Rainny days are the slowest days of all lol
:hammerhea
wed was the slowest when i worked there about 8 years ago ;)

bunny 166
08-31-2005, 08:32 AM
I heard Sunday isn't too bad...people are either going home from vacation or just arriving on vacation, so not too bad.... :smile: I went a few weeks ago mid-week, what a zoo....

OGShocker
08-31-2005, 08:33 AM
The slowest two days for Disney are Fathers Day and Superbowl Sunday. :clover:

riverracerx
08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the least crowded. Most traveling tourists arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday.
This is a good week to go since many schools are already back in session. Labor Day weekend will be crowded. Don't kid yourself. Take a day off work this week and go instead.
RRX
(One of the thousands of Disney employees in Burbank)

Music to my Ears
08-31-2005, 08:46 AM
This is all good advice. I'm a musician there and mid week - off season (Oct., Nov., Feb., March, April, May) are the best times. Sundays are always better than Saturdays. Now is actually a good time to go since most out of state people are back in school and the locals are either back or soon to be back in school. :shift:

lalhc
08-31-2005, 09:35 AM
We're blocked this Saturday & Sunday to Disneyland w/our annual passes, which tells me Monday would be the best day to go.

goneboatin
08-31-2005, 10:39 AM
The wife wants to go on Monday, but I have mixed feelings. I say just go midweek in October to get the most for our $60 entry fee.
Nothing worse than spending $200 just to get in the door and only be able to go on a half dozen rides. :mad: Plus the cost $$$ of nothing but crappy food.
Oh well, theres always the resturants at Downtown Dinny.

Kilrtoy
08-31-2005, 10:53 AM
take them somewhere fun, THE RIVER

NoCal NoBoat
08-31-2005, 11:02 AM
All good advice -
Three things that have worked for us without fail. Due to a "mom's house, dad's house arrangement" and a Catholic high school with a very broad interpretation of "unexcused absence" - we have usually visited DL during all the times that it's best not to go - President's Day weekend, July 4'th weekend, Thanksgiving holidays..
Be in line about 30-45 minutes before the park opens. Early mornings are the best - you can ride most/all the "E-ticket" attractions before the park begins to get crowded around 10 am. If you have small kids or big kids that love Fantasyland, do those first. Peter Pan and Dumbo are two of the slowest loading rides in the park.
Plan your meals "off-peak". Late lunch, early dinner.
I'll plug the "Unofficial Guide to Disneyland" by Bob Sehlinger. His suggested
"touring plans" and advice have never failed us.

MAINEVENT
08-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Any day pretty much you will find low crouds except for the days that end with a "Y" :p

goneboatin
08-31-2005, 12:05 PM
take them somewhere fun, THE RIVER
We did Parker last weekend, it was a blast and would still be there if I didn't have 45 little construction workers that can't be left alone for a couple of days.
Now if they could just segregate the PWC's to the Big River side of Headgate Dam (on the other side of dam by Bluewater) and leave the river to us "boat people", things would really be good then.

hack job
08-31-2005, 12:14 PM
We did Parker last weekend, it was a blast and would still be there if I didn't have 45 little construction workers that can't be left alone for a couple of days.
Now if they could just segregate the PWC's to the Big River side of Headgate Dam (on the other side of dam by Bluewater) and leave the river to us "boat people", things would really be good then.
f-u
parker can keep all there pwc's we dont want them down at big river. :yuk:

goneboatin
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
f-u
parker can keep all there pwc's we dont want them down at big river. :yuk:
Sorry Hack, didn't mean to offend you, :argue: but when I cross the bridge into Parker all I ever see are PWC buzzing by. Very seldom do I ever see a boat near the bridge.
Maybe the PWCs can just be banned altogether! :eat:

hack job
08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
now you got it :devil: