PDA

View Full Version : Fed. Gov. To Pick Up Costs?

sdpm
08-31-2005, 10:49 AM
They are talking right now on the radio about the federal goverment should pick up the bill for the uninsured and under insured victims of the hurricane. Where is all the outside USA support? Is anyone comming to help us? How many checks have we received or medical aid? We send our military to help the russians with a sub. We send money and people and military to help with the sunami victims. Who is comming to help us :mad: ?

Kilrtoy
08-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Where is the rest of the world that we support.. Shit can their funds and keep them at home... Screw the rest of the world ......
Charity begins at home.....

sdpm
08-31-2005, 11:03 AM
I agree 100%. I guarantee you if Sudan had a hurricane tomorrow we would be there and sending them money. Where does it stop? Something has to give sooner or later.

NoCal NoBoat
08-31-2005, 11:13 AM
After seeing the destruction on this morning's news, I contacted Senator Boxer's office, Senator Feinstein's office, and Congresswoman Tauscher's office, and asked them to please work with their fellow legislators to ensure that all available resources were sent ASAP.
I then made an on-line contribution to the Red Cross.
Experience tells me that the international response to this disaster will be close to zero, zip, nada...
We're on our own, and we need to step up. Americans always shine in a crisis like this. I believe we're up to the challenges.

sdpm
08-31-2005, 11:18 AM
You are a good AMERICAN!!

Not So Fast
08-31-2005, 11:31 AM
They are talking right now on the radio about the federal goverment should pick up the bill for the uninsured and under insured victims of the hurricane. Where is all the outside USA support? Is anyone comming to help us? How many checks have we received or medical aid? We send our military to help the russians with a sub. We send money and people and military to help with the sunami victims. Who is comming to help us :mad: ?
If you start digging into what the U.S has done to help other countries thru-out history and the treatment we got in return it makes you want to vommit, but yet we continue to try and save the world!!! :cry: NSF

Not So Fast
08-31-2005, 11:41 AM
A lot of the "aid" we provide is directly tied to being allowed to set up military bases in other countries. How many countries do you see with a military bases in nearly every country in the world?
JUST US, NSF

pjones
08-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Anybody heard from CRF311, Hoss, and other South La.
folks?
I'm here in NW Louisiana in Shreveport and many of the
refugees are making their way here for shelter and food. It is
really heartwrenching.
I have read some of the threads offering prayers for
the flood victims and know they are greatly appreciated
as are the donations to the Red Cross and other organizations.
Keep it up good HB people. And again keep the prayers
coming.
Thanks, PJ

ROZ
08-31-2005, 12:29 PM
On a side note... I hear some type of commission is going to lower Earthquake insurance since we haven't had a MAJOR quake is a few yars.. This means it will be affordable...until the next one...

sdpm
08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
I have a friend that has a boat shop in Chalmette and I can't get through to him.

BarryMac
08-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Just read that Venezuela is offering Food, Fresh Water and Fuel, we have strained relations with them, they ae trying to be a stand up Country and help the people in the U.S. that are in need. Do you think we will take them up on there offer or say Thanks but No Thanks???

KACHINA KEN
08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
I would rather help some crackhead homeless aids infected POS from NOLA then any other foreigner if I had my way.

2Driver
08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
U.S. will pick up most the cost anyway due to flooding. You can't buy flood insurance from an insurance company. It is handled by the Federal Gov.
From what I have seen on CNN the bulk of the loss except the immediate coastal areas is a water loss, hence the Fed will pick up the bill. I just watched about an hour on CNN " The Situation Room" show and it is way beyond disaster even if you toss out CNN's sensationalism.
It sure would be nice to see foreign companies and foreign citizen groups send aid if nothing else as a symbol of friendship and past appreciation.

BarryMac
08-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Fernando Valenzuela bought a country? :D
I think we will accept their aid. We help many countries that we have strained relationships with, so it would be somewhat hypocritical to refuse their help.
I knew I could count on Henry for a reply, a smartass one at that... :D :D :D

BarryMac
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
I answered the question with a well thoughtout answer. :D
Your right, Thanks Hank or whatever the hell your name is... :cool: :rollside: :cool: I fixed my first answer, see the reason why, never hurts to be honest... :)