PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this PM ??

Dribble
09-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Just Learning About Boats
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, Dribble. I retired a year ago, and my wife and I will be moving to the Oregon coast. We bought a house on a small lake near many other lakes and a good salmon river.
I have been overwhelmed by information as I've researched boats on the internet. There are so many kinds, styles and sizes that I can't get a clear picture of what I want or need.
You seem to have a lot of boat experience, and I'd appreciate your advice. The boat will be used primarily for fishing, but probably for family outings when the kids and grandkids come up to visit.
Have you found particular brands to be more dependable or suitable for fishing? What size range would you recommend? I know this is almost a meaningless question, but I would like to know your preferences.
Thank you for taking the time to answer this. I will appreciate any advice you care to give, either about boats or how to learn more about boats.
Dick Lane

Vada
09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
nope :( :p

riverbound
Nope....but I know nothing about boats.....never had or been on one :frown:

Jordy
He started a thread in Hot Spots West with the same basic deal, if not the exact same. ;)

Excessive Force
could it be terrorists?

Vada
09-01-2005, 08:03 AM
could it be terrorists?
hmmmmmmmmmmm...you make a good point

NOTALENT
09-01-2005, 08:03 AM
it sounds like the DIRK family to me... :D :cry:

andy01
09-01-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't get it? The guy asked a boat related question? This is a boating site where I thought SOME people come to learn about boats and gather information, not just post stupid ass topics, talk about what they had for dinner, what they are selling at a special Hot Boat.net memebers price, or whatever bullshit that goes on here in the sandbar. Why not answer the guys questions and if you can't then just reply with I don't know shit about boats or boating and only hang out here because I am hoping some asshole will give me a special deal on something because I post here or reply with I am only here to figure out what to have for lunch.
Maybe the guy thought you knew something or thought you boated in his area so he thought he would ask you.
Andy

andy01
09-01-2005, 08:18 AM
could it be terrorists?
It could be, maybe they are planning to blow up some catfish. Better notify boatcop.

Dribble
09-01-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't get it? The guy asked a boat related question? This is a boating site where I thought SOME people come to learn about boats and gather information, not just post stupid ass topics, talk about what they had for dinner, what they are selling at a special Hot Boat.net memebers price, or whatever bullshit that goes on here in the sandbar. Why not answer the guys questions and if you can't then just reply with I don't know shit about boats or boating and only hang out here because I am hoping some asshole will give me a special deal on something because I post here or reply with I am only here to figure out what to have for lunch.
Maybe the guy thought you knew something or thought you boated in his area so he thought he would ask you.
Andy
Except for a couple of things. Most of my posts don't have anything to do with boats. My location is in my profile. I wouldn't know how to properly bait a hook. My post count (in comparison to most other regulars) is obscenely low. And last time I checked, this is a custom/performance boating related website that is owned by a custom/performance related boating magazine (yes there actually is a magazine). It's not trailer boats online. Therefore if he actually read most of my smart assed posts, he would have already known that. Finally, if he was really looking for information, wouldn't he would have posted to the group ??

bunny 166
09-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Maybe he has a crush on Miss Piggy.... :D

Jordy
09-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Finally, if he was really looking for information, wouldn't he would have posted to the group ??
He did. LOOK IN HOT SPOTS WEST as I suggested in my first reply. ;)
Here is the link:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1514058#post1514058

JB in so cal
09-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Maybe he has a crush on Miss Piggy.... :D
You're not helping :cool:

Vada
09-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Miss Piggy is HOT :rollside:

a catered life
09-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Miss Piggy is HOT :rollside:
especially marinated and served with motts applesauce :boxed:

Vada
09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
especially marinated and served with motts applesauce :boxed:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tom Brown
09-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Andy
:D :D :D :cool: :D

Drift
09-01-2005, 11:57 AM
You mean this is a forum about boats?! OOPS! My bad, 'gotta go..... :D