PDA

View Full Version : So when gas hits $4.00 this weekend

jdogginla
09-01-2005, 08:40 AM
who is still going to bite the bullet and make the drive to havi and take the boat out. It'll probably cost an extra $400-$500 bucks for those that have to make the drive with their boat and fill the boat for the 3 days. Anyone changing their plans due to money? Just curious

Excessive Force
09-01-2005, 08:41 AM
too many ballers up in here. not including me :notam:

Excessive Force
09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
wont affect anyting!

JB in so cal
09-01-2005, 08:45 AM
say you normally burn 150 gallons to get out and back and fill the boat; that 150 gallons cost you $375.00 when gas was $2.75. If you pay $3.00/gallon for all 150, it'll run you $450 - $75.00 more.
Nothing further. :idea:

All IN
09-01-2005, 08:52 AM
When it hits $10.00 a gallon, I'm selling the boat and the suv and buying a bike.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Leaving tomorrow after work. But the boat will stay in the garage all weekend, as it does every holiday weekend.

Vada
09-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Leaving tomorrow after work. But the boat will stay in the garage all weekend, as it does every holiday weekend.
and why is that? :confused:

OGShocker
09-01-2005, 09:03 AM
who is still going to bite the bullet and make the drive to havi and take the boat out. It'll probably cost an extra $400-$500 bucks for those that have to make the drive with their boat and fill the boat for the 3 days. Anyone changing their plans due to money? Just curious
I think race gas at 3.95 will finally be a bargan. We changed our plans already. We were going to NASCAR and now were going to the river. :220v:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-01-2005, 09:07 AM
and why is that? :confused:
I avoid the water on the crowded weekends but I still go to just get out of town.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
09-01-2005, 09:08 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780image016.jpg
:frown:
Later,
CJG

Blacksheep
09-01-2005, 10:06 AM
The prices here in Indy range from $2.59 to $3.49 for regular. It's $3.20 near my house. Jumped $.60 cents from when I came to work. Of course the boat takes premium so tack on another $.20 to $.40.
Still plan on taking out the boat this weekend.

Mike.A
09-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Keepin it local this weekend, Lake Pleasant.
Between Diesal for the truck and premium for the boat, looks like it is going to be an expensive weekend anyways. Less tubin and more floating and watching the show. :D Looks like the kids are staying home.

riverroyal
09-01-2005, 10:38 AM
bought cheaper beer to offset the fuel

riverroyal
09-01-2005, 10:39 AM
3.35$ a gallon for diesel this mornin,,,,wheres my V10? :confused:

SummitKarl
09-01-2005, 10:47 AM
3.35$ a gallon for diesel this mornin,,,,wheres my V10? :confused:
hehehehehe...........16mpg from 365 hp 5.8L FORD on Rugular hehehehe...
nows whos laughing all you "STINK BOMB" drivers

riverroyal
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM
i still wouldnt go back to a gas truck,,,

1Shockwaveguy
09-01-2005, 11:39 AM
hehehehehe...........16mpg from 365 hp 5.8L FORD on Rugular hehehehe...
nows whos laughing all you "STINK BOMB" drivers
We will be laughing when your truck takes a shit at 100K miles and ours are just breaking in.

PlyaPlya22
09-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Invite more people and break out the oars.

dirty old man
09-01-2005, 12:13 PM
$5.00 per gallon is just over the horizon (on the gulf that is)

Jordy
09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
16mpg
That's it???? :rolleyes: :rollside: :D

Kilrtoy
09-01-2005, 12:18 PM
When it hits $10.00 a gallon, I'm selling the boat and the suv and buying a bike.
And just who do you think is buying ....

Rod-64
09-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Gas prices hurt me and my business but here's some world prices.....
UK TEESIDE $5.64
HONG KONG HONG KONG $5.62
UK MILFORD HAVEN $5.56
UK READING $5.56
UK NORWICH $5.54
GERMANY FRANKFURT $5.29
DENMARK COPENHAGEN $5.08
NORWAY STAVANGER $5.07
NORWAY OSLO $4.93
ITALY ROME $4.86
TURKEY ISTANBUL $4.85
PORTUGAL LISBON $4.80
KOREA SEOUL $4.71
SWITZERLAND GENEVA $4.56
KOREA KOJE/OKPO $4.53
AUSTRIA VIENNA $4.50
CROATIA ZAGREB $4.32
JAPAN TOKYO $3.84
AUSTRALIA SYDNEY $2.63
CAMBODIA PHNOM PENH $2.57
TAIWAN TAIPEI $2.47
GEORGIA TBILISI $2.31
LAOS VIENTIANE $1.66
THAILAND BANGKOK $1.60
CHINA TIANJIN $1.54
CHINA SHANGHAI $1.48
RUSSIA MOSCOW $1.45
KAZAKHSTAN ALMATY $1.36
KAZAKHSTAN ATYRAU $1.35
TAJIKISTAN DUSHANBE $1.32
AZERBAIJAN BAKU $1.15
VENEZUELA CARACAS

NOTALENT
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Im going regardless...Boat or No Boat...Fock it..This is the big blow out of the year..there not going to ruin it for me...PARTY HARD!!! :D

Rod-64
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Another site............
Gas prices too high? Try Europe.
$7 a gallon? That's what drivers in Amsterdam pay. But Europeans have long adapted to high prices.
By Peter Ford | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
PARIS - When Guy Colombier pulls his economy car up to a Paris pump, he allows himself just 15 Euros ($18) worth of gas - barely enough for three gallons. Since prices started rising rapidly earlier this year, says Mr. Colombier, a printing press worker, "I drive a lot more slowly ... and I'm looking for a place to live closer to where I work."
Colombier's pain is shared by drivers all over Europe, where fuel prices are the highest in the world: a gallon of gas in Amsterdam now costs $7.13, compared with just $2.61 in America. The contrast in prices and environmental policies - and the dramatically different behaviors they inspire - signals a widening transatlantic energy gap. And it raises the question: Does Europe offer America a glimpse of its future?
Indeed, while Europeans have learned to cope with expensive fuel (mostly due to taxes), there's scant evidence yet that US drivers are adopting their conservation tactics.
"Societies adjust over decades to higher fuel prices," says Jos Dings, head of Transport and Energy, a coalition of European environmental NGOs. "They find many mechanisms."
Chief among them, say experts, is the habit of driving smaller and more fuel-efficient cars. While the average light duty vehicle on US highways gets 21.6 miles per gallon (m.p.g.), according to a study by the Paris based International Energy Agency (IEA), in Paris, its European counterpart manages 32.1 m.p.g.
"European consumers are very sensitive to fuel economy and sophisticated about engine options," says Lew Fulton, a transport analyst with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). "European car magazines are full of comparisons of fuel costs over the life of a vehicle."
Europe's cars: 40 percent are diesel
That approach has given a special boost to diesel cars, which make up more than 40 percent of European car sales, compared with just 4 percent in the US.
Just ahead of Colombier in the line at the gas station Thursday was Nicole Marie, a high school teacher, who was using her husband's diesel Audi, rather than her own gasoline-powered car, to take her daughter to Normandy for a final week of vacation by the sea.
"I only use my car in town," she says. "We bought a diesel car deliberately because it is cheaper to run."
That

Jordy
09-01-2005, 12:25 PM
AZERBAIJAN BAKU $1.15
I have no idea where that is, but I'm there. :D :D :D

cdog
09-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Another site............
Gas prices too high? Try Europe.
$7 a gallon? That's what drivers in Amsterdam pay. But Europeans have long adapted to high prices.
By Peter Ford | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor
PARIS - When Guy Colombier pulls his economy car up to a Paris pump, he allows himself just 15 Euros ($18) worth of gas - barely enough for three gallons. Since prices started rising rapidly earlier this year, says Mr. Colombier, a printing press worker, "I drive a lot more slowly ... and I'm looking for a place to live closer to where I work."
Colombier's pain is shared by drivers all over Europe, where fuel prices are the highest in the world: a gallon of gas in Amsterdam now costs $7.13, compared with just $2.61 in America. The contrast in prices and environmental policies - and the dramatically different behaviors they inspire - signals a widening transatlantic energy gap. And it raises the question: Does Europe offer America a glimpse of its future?
Indeed, while Europeans have learned to cope with expensive fuel (mostly due to taxes), there's scant evidence yet that US drivers are adopting their conservation tactics.
"Societies adjust over decades to higher fuel prices," says Jos Dings, head of Transport and Energy, a coalition of European environmental NGOs. "They find many mechanisms."
Chief among them, say experts, is the habit of driving smaller and more fuel-efficient cars. While the average light duty vehicle on US highways gets 21.6 miles per gallon (m.p.g.), according to a study by the Paris based International Energy Agency (IEA), in Paris, its European counterpart manages 32.1 m.p.g.
"European consumers are very sensitive to fuel economy and sophisticated about engine options," says Lew Fulton, a transport analyst with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). "European car magazines are full of comparisons of fuel costs over the life of a vehicle."
Europe's cars: 40 percent are diesel
That approach has given a special boost to diesel cars, which make up more than 40 percent of European car sales, compared with just 4 percent in the US.
Just ahead of Colombier in the line at the gas station Thursday was Nicole Marie, a high school teacher, who was using her husband's diesel Audi, rather than her own gasoline-powered car, to take her daughter to Normandy for a final week of vacation by the sea.
"I only use my car in town," she says. "We bought a diesel car deliberately because it is cheaper to run."
That
I don't buy any of that shit. Our economy is based on cheap fuel to get the job done. As that changes so will our enonomy. Look at france. Look at germany. Look at the employment #'s and production #'s. If it's our time to pay more for fuel, they will realize that we are structured around cheap fuel and if you take that away, our system will have to change with it. Still, it's cheaper to make bio-fuel.

Wizard29
09-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Another site............
Taxes are the largest reason for higher prices elsewhere. If we'd get rid of welfare here, the government would have more than enough money to operate with little to no taxes on fuel....

09-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I have no idea where that is, but I'm there. :D :D :D
Its cheap there because they don't have roads.

Jordy
09-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Its cheap there because they don't have roads.
That and oxen don't burn much fuel. ;)

Blown 472
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
The prices here in Indy range from $2.59 to $3.49 for regular. It's $3.20 near my house. Jumped $.60 cents from when I came to work. Of course the boat takes premium so tack on another $.20 to $.40.
Still plan on taking out the boat this weekend.
And not go to the us nats??

ECeptor
09-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Kuwait City - $0.68/gal.
Wake up folks - gas prices are bullshit! The cost to drill, pump, tanker, refine have not changed in the last years. The gas industry has gotten together and fixed the price up and up and up! Why do they do it? Because they can!
I'm sick of these comparisons to Europe - pure BS. I've been there enough to know they have higher gas tax than us plus those taxes provide them alternatives (i.e. very cheap public transportation) that our vast nation could not support.
We are getting f**ked. No other way around it!

77charger
09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
We will be laughing when your truck takes a shit at 100K miles and ours are just breaking in.
how about blowing injectors,trannies,and a truck that will not outlast the motor.Most motors today can go 200k and the light duty diesels dont compare to a real truck diesel like a cat or cummins.
btw we had dodge cummins for work trucks nothing but prblems all had major probs by 100k by we only kept one by 150k it was near death the 454s kept going mpg was about 2mpg difference

SummitKarl
09-01-2005, 05:42 PM
already there my friend 100k mi and the only thing I replaced in 10 yrs is 1 battery and 1 fan clutch :yuk: :smile:
it really pays to change your oil on time :cool:
just look for my Purple 95 f-150 in town (only one)

SummitKarl
09-01-2005, 05:48 PM
That's it???? :rolleyes: :rollside: :D
thats it, use to compare tanks with zigs rig all the time, he was about 1-2 mpg above me till his super exhaust, took him way out of my range. :frown:
mine is still dead stock 10 yrs later

Jordy
09-01-2005, 05:51 PM
how about blowing injectors,trannies,and a truck that will not outlast the motor.
Sure am glad I got that lifetime warranty on my tranny. ;)

76ANTHONY
09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
so if i have a tunnel ram with two 750 edles and a 455 olds do you think this will effect my weekend???????

76ANTHONY
09-01-2005, 06:03 PM
no way, then i wouldnt get such a good holeshot, fuel smuel, i dont care its there i gotta buy it and thats that. i drive to work, i drive home, cant walk 25 miles to work and im way to lazy to ride a bike. but im not bitchin :D

HighRoller
09-01-2005, 06:42 PM
You can't compare Europe to here. They have diesel engines that run 75-100 miles on a gallon in cars the size of a bathtub. We need some of their killer diesel technology over here.
BTW, has anyone checked the price of Nitro yet? I'd hate to see the NHRA teams have to shut it off at half track to save money :D

ECeptor
09-01-2005, 06:48 PM
You can (and I have) travel pretty much anywhere in Europe easily and cheaply given their public transportation infrastructure. I remember 'racing' some co-workers across Hamburg, Germany from our trade show to a restraunt (TV Tower for anyone who's been there). I took the trains, they drove. I beat them rather easily.
Try that anywhere in the US outside the biggest cities and the car wins everytime. Try going anywhere in the midwest without a car and I hope your Nike's are comfy!

mmered8299
09-01-2005, 07:26 PM
where going to powell, maybe not run all the way up lake ,set tin the parking and get drunk with the boat on the trailer,NOT :D its going to be a long winter :idea: so lets play :D
I can't imagine what fuel cost at Dangling Rope Marina

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-01-2005, 08:04 PM
valanzuela is only .18 per gal :eek: :eek: :eek: