PDA

View Full Version : $4 Per Gallon!

HavasuDreamin'
09-01-2005, 10:57 AM
This Sucks! (http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm)

Freak
09-01-2005, 11:01 AM
News starting to trickel in about the situation. If true $4 is going to be a deal real soon.
There are MANY production platform smissing (as in not visible from the air). This means they have been totally lost. I am talking about 10's of platforms, not single digit numbers.
Each platform can have from 4 to 100+ wells on it. Most larger ones have 20-30 wells in this area, with numerous caisson wells. They are on their sides, on the bottom of the gulf - they will likely be left as reef material, provided we can get permission. MMS regulations require us to plug each of the wells that were on these platforms - HUGE cost now, as the platforms are gone.

riverracerx
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Same old story. Media announces the price. People read the price will go up. People know and soon accept that the price will go up. Price goes up.
I understand in this circumstance it was a natural disaster.
The govt could lower the tax on gas to help us all out. Will they?

Jordy
09-01-2005, 12:14 PM
So the anti-war idiots, I mean activists, say that the war is all about the oil. Lets send a convoy of tankers over and start loading them up then. Who's with me??? Let's GO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Mike.A
09-01-2005, 12:21 PM
This is B.S
Raise the price, people say wow remember when it was $3 a gallon and it goes up from there never dropping back down. Record profits and then this disaster. I am starting to think mabey we should be over there for the oil.
I'll grab my bucket and join ya Jordy. :mad:

HocusPocus
09-01-2005, 12:29 PM
fuel could be $5.00 a gallon and everyone will still be lining up at the pumps to buy it.. and of course bitch about it.

Vada
09-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I have the right to bitch! :eat:

Sleek-Jet
09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
It's a self fulfilling prophecy... They say gas is going to go to 4.00 and it will. Until I can figure out away to make corn squeezins' in the back yard and not have everybody stealing the stuff... I'll just keep going to the pumps. :rollside:
I would almost be willing to bet that if all the analysts would say that gas prices will be impacted and rise somewhat, that the prices wouldn't get as out of hand as they do.

Wonderboy
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Same old story. Media announces the price. People read the price will go up. People know and soon accept that the price will go up. Price goes up.
I understand in this circumstance it was a natural disaster.
The govt could lower the tax on gas to help us all out. Will they?
That's exactly what I was going to say.

ECeptor
09-01-2005, 01:15 PM
So the anti-war idiots, I mean activists, say that the war is all about the oil. Lets send a convoy of tankers over and start loading them up then. Who's with me??? Let's GO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I'm with you! It's about time my tax dollars sent to the military start working for me. This latest "terrorist attack" - $3+/gal gas - has a much more wide spread impact than any other in our history!

HM
09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/intl_gas_prices.gif
Hey, why don't you guys move to Caracas where gas is $0.12/gallon?

HM
09-01-2005, 02:13 PM
gjb told me that Caracas is in Valenzuela. :D
You are not OTM are you?
:D :D

dmontzsta
09-01-2005, 03:12 PM
I am going to start looking for houses in Kuwait City. :idea: