PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons....

Vada
09-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Sorry, this is totally not related to boating what so ever.
With that said, the reason for this post is to express my disgust.
I am a very avid Simpsons fan. Have been since day one. I collect Simpson memerobilia of all kinds.
Last night, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased Season 6 of The Simpsons that was just released 2 weeks ago. I noticed right away that the packaging for the set was completely different from the last five seasons. Even though I am quite anal retentive about having my box sets lined up perfectly, I didn't care in this case. I love The Simpsons no matter what!
As soon as I get home, I dig out my newly purchased item and unwrap it. The case is made out of the CHEAPEST piece of crap plastic I've ever seen. It already cracked. I don't mind paying the money for the box set and I don't even mind having a different style. But at least put a little quality into it. As soon as I opened the set to play a DVD, everything just fell out. All 4 DVD's.
They have gotten some complaints apparently so they are offering to replace it with another case but I have to pay for s/h charges. I don't mind that.
I just hope they put a little quality into their next season!
Sorry for the rant.....maybe someone in association with Fox or The Simpsons will read this.

sintax
09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Sorry, this is totally not related to boating what so ever.
With that said, the reason for this post is to express my disgust.
I am a very avid Simpsons fan. Have been since day one. I collect Simpson memerobilia of all kinds.
Last night, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased Season 6 of The Simpsons that was just released 2 weeks ago. I noticed right away that the packaging for the set was completely different from the last five seasons. Even though I am quite anal retentive about having my box sets lined up perfectly, I didn't care in this case. I love The Simpsons no matter what!
As soon as I get home, I dig out my newly purchased item and unwrap it. The case is made out of the CHEAPEST piece of crap plastic I've ever seen. It already cracked. I don't mind paying the money for the box set and I don't even mind having a different style. But at least put a little quality into it. As soon as I opened the set to play a DVD, everything just fell out. All 4 DVD's.
They have gotten some complaints apparently so they are offering to replace it with another case but I have to pay for s/h charges. I don't mind that.
I just hope they put a little quality into their next season!
Sorry for the rant.....maybe someone in association with Fox or The Simpsons will read this.
that is the first thing i noticed, the "new" case. I think i was more bothered by the fact it wont match the others. I have not picked up season 6 yet, i usually wait a month or two for the price to drop.
I'm a simpsons junkie too. Totally a quality show, i was young when it first came out, I laughed my ass off as a kid, now i watch the same shows in rerun and I STILL laugh my ass off, but for a totally different reason. I swear that show is fully not geared for kids.

Vada
09-02-2005, 08:48 AM
that is the first thing i noticed, the "new" case. I think i was more bothered by the fact it wont match the others. I have not picked up season 6 yet, i usually wait a month or two for the price to drop.
I'm a simpsons junkie too. Totally a quality show, i was young when it first came out, I laughed my ass off as a kid, now i watch the same shows in rerun and I STILL laugh my ass off, but for a totally different reason. I swear that show is fully not geared for kids.
The show is totally not for kids...I wonder why my parents let me watch it :idea:
Have you seen the episode when Homer has to smoke medicinal Marijuana???
That episode was sooooooooooooo f'n hilarious!!!!!
Ah, I love it. I have an ashtray with a picture of Homer on it with a great big joint and blood shot eyes.