PDA

View Full Version : heres a thought,,,

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
we are all here talking about the hurricane and the devastation,most of us live in socal.So when the BIG earthquake hits here,which it will someday,are you ready to go a month without water and power?You may live in a nice area,so looting may not be a issue,but power,water,sewer systems,fuel etc will most likely be effected.Im not ready,and Im not a worrysum person,but I will get some stuff next week for the garage,100$ in supplies can go a long ways.......(i think i spelled worrysum wrong,hmm kinda worried bout that)

BarryMac
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
we are all here talking about the hurricane and the devastation,most of us live in socal.So when the BIG earthquake hits here,which it will someday,are you ready to go a month without water and power?You may live in a nice area,so looting may not be a issue,but power,water,sewer systems,fuel etc will most likely be effected.Im not ready,and Im not a worrysum person,but I will get some stuff next week for the garage,100$ in supplies can go a long ways.......(i think i spelled worrysum wrong,hmm kinda worried bout that)
worrysome... :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll just go to Havasu.

76ANTHONY
09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
i just bought jello and beer, that'll do it right???? :D :D

Jbb
09-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Let me tell you ...Yesterday although I was stuck in Mississippi....with no gas ...or power....The pumps went dry here in Atlanta...everyone rushed to the stations that still had gas...and the bastard gouging criminals were charging $5-$6 per gallon....fights everywhere and lines for miles...It does not take much for complete chaos sets in...

That Guy
09-02-2005, 01:10 PM
I'll just go to Havasu.
I'm with you Scott.... :D

Sleek-Jet
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
That's one reason I store the boat full of fuel... I figure it's a handy 60 gal portable tank.
Also one of the reason's I bought a Travel Trailer w/ generator. I don't know if I could last a whole month, but several weeks is not out of the question.
Where the hell would you store a months worth of water??? Food you can do (lots of soup and noodle type foods). Definitely need someway to purify water for the long haul...

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 01:14 PM
but its not at my house,havasu now,storage about 5 miles away in the winter.

JB in so cal
09-02-2005, 01:16 PM
We'll.
If the house is not completely destroyed. Water in the toliet tanks and water heater (strapped to the wall, hopefully) good for about 75 gallons. Bleach can be used in a pinch to purify. Bottled water can be stored for a while-rotate out every 6 months on river/desert trips. Basic camping supplies are a good start point.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-02-2005, 01:17 PM
we have an earthquake kit with water, food, clothes, blankets, and power etc. sitting in our driveway. Motorhomes come in handy!! :wink:

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 01:18 PM
how long does fresca last?vodka can go awhile

JB in so cal
09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
how long does fresca last?vodka can go awhile
those 12 packs stack nice. You could make shelter! A fresca igloo :D

Captain Dan
09-02-2005, 01:32 PM
worrysome... :cool:
actually, it's worrisome :D

OGShocker
09-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Da*n grammer cop! :D

Captain Dan
09-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Da*n grammer cop! :D
I think you mean grammar :messedup:

BarryMac
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
actually, it's worrisome :D
Shit, thought I was gonna get one over on you guys... :D :D :D

Captain Dan
09-02-2005, 01:55 PM
But hey, to address the issue, I don't keep the water tanks full in the fifth-wheel, but maybe it would be a good idea, at least during the season when we go out every other week. We always keep extra food in the trailer, and if the house didn't burn, you could always burrow your way in for canned goods, at least.
Like JB says, water heater and toilet tanks would net 75-100 gals, and trailer has 100 gals. Of course, some would be used for washing your body.
Here's the kicker, however. Your neighbors without RV's would be looking your way after a week or two for water. Reminds me of an old Twilight Zone Episode when the guy doesn't let his neighbors into the bunker......

Liberator TJ1984
09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
I have my own Water well drilled on my property and a Generator / Fuel stored
plus a "small" surplus of ammo/ WMD's w/nightvision eq. to hold off undesirables , go to your local Army Surplus outlet and stock up on a couple cases of MRE's too , if you don't want to keep them along time in storage give them to the local Boy/Girlscouts and restock w/fresh cases every few years :shift:
I would also keep a few MRE meals in my truck if I was going on a trip , just in case I broke down in the middle of nowhere , I would have something to eat

SummitKarl
09-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I'll just go to Havasu.
thats going to be a VERY long swim :D

SummitKarl
09-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Also one of the reason's I bought a Travel Trailer w/ generator. I don't know if I could last a whole month, but several weeks is not out of the question.
SJ.......... WTF check that math again!!!! :D
I am definetly sitting left seat and doing the preflight if we go up :D :D

lucky
09-02-2005, 02:39 PM
mental note -- google river's home for future supply's :D

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:07 PM
come on over,get some dry ice,all that beer your bringing needs to stay cold

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:46 PM
imperial valley,10 minute ago,,,runnnnnnnn

cdog
09-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Two Words.............Fire Power!

JB in so cal
09-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Two Words.............Fire Power!
I'm going out on a limb, here. Cdog - do you use that weimeraner(sp) in your avitar for hunting?

riverroyal
09-02-2005, 05:54 PM
i though that said weinerrammer

JB in so cal
09-02-2005, 05:57 PM
i though that said weinerrammer
you doooo pay attention.

cdog
09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm going out on a limb, here. Cdog - do you use that weimeraner(sp) in your avitar for hunting?
So far she just hunts garbage out of the trash cans. :rollside: But I'm planning on taking her hunting this quail season. She's got the energy of 12, 12 year old kids. :220v:

JB in so cal
09-02-2005, 06:00 PM
So far she just hunts garbage out of the trash cans. :rollside: But I'm planning on taking her hunting this quail season. She's got the energy of 12, 12 year old kids. :220v:
I've got an 11 year old pointer. She STILL goes and goes...

cdog
09-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I've got an 11 year old pointer. She STILL goes and goes...
Their great dogs. She's like our kid training wheels. Requires alot of attention. :hammer2: Pointers are awesome dogs. We're gonna get one of those someday. I don't like replacing a dog with the same breed after they pass. It kind of keeps their memory in a special place.

Sleek-Jet
09-02-2005, 06:39 PM
SJ.......... WTF check that math again!!!! :D
I am definetly sitting left seat and doing the preflight if we go up :D :D
Huh???? I go to the lake for a week at a time and do no conservation and have no problems with the amount of water and gas I use. If I had to, stretching that out to a couple weeks wouldn't be to hard.
Now going an entire month would require a stockpile of water and fuel, or someway to get re-supplied.
... or am I missing the point???? :D
Oh, and BTW, I don't care who does the walk around, I still do my own anyways.... :D

Kilrtoy
09-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh did we forget the 94 earthquake we were without water for almost 2 weeks and power for a week...
there were people without for almost a month

sorry dog
09-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Let me tell you ...Yesterday although I was stuck in Mississippi....with no gas ...or power....The pumps went dry here in Atlanta...everyone rushed to the stations that still had gas...and the bastard gouging criminals were charging $5-$6 per gallon....fights everywhere and lines for miles...It does not take much for complete chaos sets in...
You shoulda given your ole tuscaloosa cus a call 205-381-6851. Gas was 2.79 yesterday, but the gouge is on now...but I can't still probably find a country store or two that tries to be honest.