PDA

View Full Version : Tony's gonna win the cup

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
My prediction is Stewart's gonna win the Cup.

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Hell No

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Then who? Come on Kilr, he's on his game right now and everyone else is chasing him. Nobody has earned more points lately than him. He's gonna pull it off. $$$$$$$$$$$$

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 06:49 PM
He just took the lead again. Hmmm, Could be trouble. LOL

ULTRA28
09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Looks like he just might. Met him today and he's real cool. I've heard a lot of bad things about him, but after meeting with him today, I'd have to say he's actually a real good guy.

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 07:02 PM
All you have to do is listen to the audio from the in-car camera to see why Tony is fast on this slippery track. His engine RPM never spikes coming off the corners. Every other guy I watched kept feathering out of the corner because he got in it too hard initially. I think they should cut the spoilers down to 4", limit them to five sets of tires per race like the Busch cars and make bias play tires mandatory on short tracks. That would let the drivers decide who wins. Guys like Gordon, Newman, Stewart and Kahne would dominate every week. Jr. would never find the top 10...not that he does now.

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 07:04 PM
My prediction is Stewart's gonna win the Cup.
Your realy going out on a limb there!!

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Hell of a run for Kennseth, not a big fan but a hell of a car tonite.

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Looks like he just might. Met him today and he's real cool. I've heard a lot of bad things about him, but after meeting with him today, I'd have to say he's actually a real good guy.
Met him once also, cant agree more. He has been the best by a long shot this year. Does that mean you are a Stewart fan??? Or are you not saying??

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Hopefully a 3rd year for a roush guy

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Tony is not a prick, and never has been. He got a bad rep because he did something that is completely taboo in Nascar; he told it like it was instead of giving vanilla responses to every question. He didn't dance to their tune and ended up as the "bad guy".

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Tony is not a prick, and never has been. He got a bad rep because he did something that is completely taboo in Nascar; he told it like it was instead of giving vanilla responses to every question. He didn't dance to their tune and ended up as the "bad guy".
Exactly. He is real and people don't know how to deal with it .

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 07:25 PM
JR just blew up....
HELL YES
another DNF for this clown....

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Kyle is haulin butt too. Bye Bye JR. That's an official kaboom.
Don't worry we can fix it! :hammer2:

ULTRA28
09-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Met him once also, cant agree more. He has been the best by a long shot this year. Does that mean you are a Stewart fan??? Or are you not saying??
I met with almost every driver in NASCAR on Friday and today. They were all real good guys (except one). I've always been a big Earnhardt fan and still am, but I can definatley say that I no longer have a favorite. I have also learned to respect a lot of the guys that I didn't like before. I never cared much for Kurt Busch before meeting him Friday. After talking with him for a while I got to realize how cool he actually is.

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
He probably pushed in the clutch and put his foot to the floor to have an excuse for being a no driving, J-Lo glass wearing, coattail riding loser. Gosh how I wish I could repeat some of the things my friends and I have heard Tony say candidly. :jawdrop:

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 07:50 PM
I met with almost every driver in NASCAR on Friday and today. They were all real good guys (except one). I've always been a big Earnhardt fan and still am, but I can definatley say that I no longer have a favorite. I have also learned to respect a lot of the guys that I didn't like before. I never cared much for Kurt Busch before meeting him Friday. After talking with him for a while I got to realize how cool he actually is.
Sounds like a great day out there, had some friends from work out yesterday and today. Have plans to go to Vegas next year for the weekend, hope to meet as many drivers as possible. To be honest I am a Jeff Gordon fan, tough to admit that these days, but hope he can pull togther......uh oh caution!!!!!!! Here we go! 10 to go!

ULTRA28
09-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a great day out there, had some friends from work out yesterday and today. Have plans to go to Vegas next year for the weekend, hope to meet as many drivers as possible. To be honest I am a Jeff Gordon fan, tough to admit that these days, but hope he can pull togther......uh oh caution!!!!!!! Here we go! 10 to go!
Yeah, I do Vegas every year. It's always a good time. I also like the Phoenix night race. I want to hit Bristol sometime.

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Nothing wrong with being a Gordon fan these days. Last year he and Tony had a "freaky friday" incident where they seemed to have switched bodies! Tony was kissing up and Jeff was calling people names angrily. I guess Jeff finally realized that he can do and say whatever he wants because he can back it up. Excpet for being 27th with 5 to go. DOH

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Nothing wrong with being a Gordon fan these days. Last year he and Tony had a "freaky friday" incident where they seemed to have switched bodies! Tony was kissing up and Jeff was calling people names angrily. I guess Jeff finally realized that he can do and say whatever he wants because he can back it up. Excpet for being 27th with 5 to go. DOH
Thanks for going easy on me!!!!!! :boxed:

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Will Biffy school the kid?

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I do Vegas every year. It's always a good time. I also like the Phoenix night race. I want to hit Bristol sometime.
We'll have to hook up, just made the reservations last week. Staying at the Mandaley. We should get a crew from the boards out there, would be a good time.

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Jeff Gordon!!!
Hey, Crash (Robby) Gordon actually led a lap without crashing :eek:

Supultlbich
09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Will Biffy school the kid?
No way, first win comin tonite!!

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Ouch, that hurt. Robby just plastered the wall. :supp: WALLL!!!!!!!!!

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
So Ricky Rudd went from last to 9
Thats great! :eek:

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 08:07 PM
BUSH,
A dominant family in the near future

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Gotta love Carl Edwards. Sideways out of 2 and still passes Kenseth! Now for another useless lesson on how to disrespect your equipment by doing donuts on the rev limiter until the tires and engine blow. Stupid.....

Kilrtoy
09-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Gotta love Carl Edwards. Sideways out of 2 and still passes Kenseth!
That was awesome...
he is someone to watch also

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 08:10 PM
THAT WAS COOL! Edwards should run dirt. Kyle did a great job. Good race. :D

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Edwards came almost straight out of IMCA modifieds into the truck series. I'm sure he's seen his share of dirt tracks. :D

SnakeWrench
09-05-2005, 08:21 PM
These old guys need to watch out. The young guys are kickin some butt.

ULTRA28
09-05-2005, 08:25 PM
We'll have to hook up, just made the reservations last week. Staying at the Mandaley. We should get a crew from the boards out there, would be a good time.
Sounds good. I'll probably be staying at the track. We'll have to get a bunch of the Hot Boaters together. I'm thinking about heading to Phoenix in November too.

Debbolas
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Sounds good. I'll probably be staying at the track. We'll have to get a bunch of the Hot Boaters together. I'm thinking about heading to Phoenix in November too.
Phoenix is my favorite track, they bring the beer right to you up in the stands :D

HighRoller
09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
And the infield is like a small city the way the roads are laid out. Last time we snuck out onto the race track on a scooter to run a few hot laps!! Good thing the scooter did 50 and the security golf cart only did about 20. By the time we got back the guys who we stole the scooter from were glad to have it back and hopped on right as the golf cart with the blinking lights pulled up. DOH!!! :eek:

svlperry
09-06-2005, 12:08 AM
watch out for biffle

Hallett19
09-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Are we going to be building a boat for any Nascar guys John ??? Inquiring minds want to know :D

Hallett19
09-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Gotta love Carl Edwards. Sideways out of 2 and still passes Kenseth! Now for another useless lesson on how to disrespect your equipment by doing donuts on the rev limiter until the tires and engine blow. Stupid.....
The best was Atlanta when he got sideways coming out of the last turn (i think) scraped the tail of his car on the wall an still had enough momentum to get around jimmy johnson !! What an amazing finish that was ! Could you imagine if Carl Edwards won the CUP ??
Also, what a standup move on his part to donate his winnings to the Red Cross, which in turn, kyle did the same, WITH HIS FIRST RACE WINNINGS !!
For being a dirt track racer/high school substitute teacher to nascar is quite a story, I would love to see him take it.
But as we sit, I think it could be a toss up betwein Stewart/Biff/Johnson.

Debbolas
09-06-2005, 08:26 AM
The best was Atlanta when he got sideways coming out of the last turn (i think) scraped the tail of his car on the wall an still had enough momentum to get around jimmy johnson !! What an amazing finish that was ! Could you imagine if Carl Edwards won the CUP ??
Also, what a standup move on his part to donate his winnings to the Red Cross, which in turn, kyle did the same, WITH HIS FIRST RACE WINNINGS !!
For being a dirt track racer/high school substitute teacher to nascar is quite a story, I would love to see him take it.
But as we sit, I think it could be a toss up betwein Stewart/Biff/Johnson.
Kyle also talked Mr. H into donating his winnings to the Red Cross/Hurricane relief. Had him admit it right on TV :wink:

azgfboatgirl
09-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I have a friend coming from Colorado in a RV, going to stay the entire weekend at PIR. Should be lots of fun!!
I see #20 taking it all!! :D :D :D

Mrs.HLB
09-06-2005, 09:51 AM
I am hoping Biffle gets the championship this year. Met him a couple of years ago and he was so nice. I am a Jr fan and will have to wait till next year. I hope that DEI gets there sh*t together soon!! :burningm: