PDA

View Full Version : Police looting video

2Driver
09-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I can see grabbing food for your family in a crisis but this $hit is an example of how bad the fabric of this country can be. These cops must be some of the more than 200 cops that walked off the job in New Orleans. To hell with the people that need rescuing...... I'z goin' shopin'
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/
:yuk:

Jordy
09-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Amazing. I liked her statement about how she's just in there doing her job and looking for looters... yeah.... :idea: :D

Poster X
09-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Corruption in the NO police department has been a long standing problem. Apparently it still is? At least the newsman saved that one kid from those horrendous shorts? Did it look like the lights were on or is that just me?

OGShocker
09-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Grrrrr! Total meltdown! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Racer277
09-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Fine examples....

HocusPocus
09-07-2005, 08:30 AM
i still say let the water in and close the whole place down. it would be much cheaper and easier then trying to clean the mess up.

MagicMtnDan
09-07-2005, 09:11 AM
i still say let the water in and close the whole place down. it would be much cheaper and easier then trying to clean the mess up.
If only it were that easy to resolve the problem.
http://gfx.dvlabs.com/klipmart/campaigns/sta001/images/easybutton_lg_top.gif
Letting the city of New Orleans die is not a viable solution for many reasons. That city is one of the most important ports in this country and must be kept going for the economic well-being of this entire country.
It will take courage and a lot of money to fix things right. Rebuilding is not the solution. Fixing the problems is the place to start.

Schiada76
09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Gawd Damn!
If that slacker George Bush wasn't on vacation none of that ever would have happened!! :rolleyes: :D :D

Flat Crazy Racing
09-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Who, and when, did someone decide to "build a city below sealevel"..I mean someone had to say, "gee, look at all this land here if we can just dry it out, and keep it dry".....THAT is when the major mistake was made. This sorta reminds me of all the federal aid that went to flood victims to rebuild their homes in THE SAME FLOOD PLAIN that just flooded. I feel for the people of NO, but come on, its going to happen again.....As far as a port city is concerned, ships float. All the comerce, oil depots, and imports can operate just fine after the sea reclaims it's original shoreline, rebuild it on higher ground.......Moneypitt (from BHC)

sidewound
09-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Hmmmm....Cops stealing??? What a novel idea. :D :D
Me thinks that clip won't go over too well with the chief. :hammer2:
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR

Poster X
09-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Who, and when, did someone decide to "build a city below sealevel"..I mean someone had to say, "gee, look at all this land here if we can just dry it out, and keep it dry".....THAT is when the major mistake was made. This sorta reminds me of all the federal aid that went to flood victims to rebuild their homes in THE SAME FLOOD PLAIN that just flooded. I feel for the people of NO, but come on, its going to happen again.....As far as a port city is concerned, ships float. All the comerce, oil depots, and imports can operate just fine after the sea reclaims it's original shoreline, rebuild it on higher ground.......Moneypitt (from BHC)
New Orleans is one of the oldest cities in the country. It was a thriving metropolis way before we had the technology to figure out it's true level of vulnerability. Hindsight is easy on philosophical arguments but reality dictates we as a nation should have addressed the issue long before it happened.

Phat Daddy
09-07-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm sure those cops would blame Bush for their actions. :yuk:

2Driver
09-07-2005, 10:29 AM
I saw on TV last night where a woman ( government offical I think from NO) said ......
" If only Katrina had hit a few days later. Then most of the stranded would have received their government checks and would have had some money to get out of town." :messedup:

Big Warlock
09-07-2005, 10:37 AM
That 66% of those being evacuated are on welfare! Sounds like New Orleans just cleaned their city of their problems and deposited them in other states!
And when the city was founded, it was above sea level. The city settled as it grew. :hammer2:

Poster X
09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
That 66% of those being evacuated are on welfare! Sounds like New Orleans just cleaned their city of their problems and deposited them in other states!
And when the city was founded, it was above sea level. The city settled as it grew. :hammer2:
Either way it had far too big a position in national commerce to ignore or relocate.

Big Warlock
09-07-2005, 12:33 PM
It is too valuable a city to lose. Port facilities, supply facilities for the gulf, transportation corridor......It will be rebuilt. and it will be a boon for the economy when it is being built. It will turn out to be a blessing in the long run.

SmokinLowriderSS
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Where the blame lies is right where nobody seems willing to put it. The state (including the current governor Kathleen (I need 24 hours to make a decision in a crisis) Babineaux Blanco. In 2002 they knew the levees would Likely have troubles with a Cat 3 storm, and that a cat 5 would shred them. The Corps of Engineers knew it, college engineers & local researchers knew it, SHE HAD to know it. People under her in Disaster Preparedness HAD to know it. She knew the storm was going to hit 72 hours before it did.
"Quick, hide everyone who can't get out in the superdome, don't worry about food or water, FEMA will bail us out. Whadda ya mean the power quit and the toilets started backing up? Isn't FEMA here yet? Whadda ya mean I have to call and ASK for THEM? Whadda ya mean the president is on the phone wondering if we need help? Decisions, decisions, I'll get back with you tomorow. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Someone fix me a Tequela Sunrise!! NOW!!"
Then the Mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, who is no better. Sure, HE got out, he left 2,000 school busses (most I rode held about 40 people) sitting in a parking lot for school use. By my calculations, that's 80,000 people transportable to ANYWHERE EXCEPT the gawdam football stadium.
2 idiots, who need to hand in their RESIGNATIONS, right now, have created the basis for this tradjedy AND been instrumental in how it played out. An article from a N.O. paper from 2002 is almost perfect in it's "premonition" of what would/really did happen. I don't have a link to that tho. may look.

ThongMagnet
09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
This is a prime example of creating ocean front property. Kinda like building in earthquake country :( :coffeycup

Dave C
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
but the local newscaster here said it was all the Federal Goverments fault ;) ;) ;)
makes you wanna go hmmmmmmmm.......
Where the blame lies is right where nobody seems willing to put it. The state (including the current governor Kathleen (I need 24 hours to make a decision in a crisis) Babineaux Blanco. In 2002 they knew the levees would Likely have troubles with a Cat 3 storm, and that a cat 5 would shred them. The Corps of Engineers knew it, college engineers & local researchers knew it, SHE HAD to know it. People under her in Disaster Preparedness HAD to know it. She knew the storm was going to hit 72 hours before it did.
"Quick, hide everyone who can't get out in the superdome, don't worry about food or water, FEMA will bail us out. Whadda ya mean the power quit and the toilets started backing up? Isn't FEMA here yet? Whadda ya mean I have to call and ASK for THEM? Whadda ya mean the president is on the phone wondering if we need help? Decisions, decisions, I'll get back with you tomorow. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Someone fix me a Tequela Sunrise!! NOW!!"
Then the Mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, who is no better. Sure, HE got out, he left 2,000 school busses (most I rode held about 40 people) sitting in a parking lot for school use. By my calculations, that's 80,000 people transportable to ANYWHERE EXCEPT the gawdam football stadium.
2 idiots, who need to hand in their RESIGNATIONS, right now, have created the basis for this tradjedy AND been instrumental in how it played out. An article from a N.O. paper from 2002 is almost perfect in it's "premonition" of what would/really did happen. I don't have a link to that tho. may look.

JB in so cal
09-07-2005, 04:30 PM
but the local newscaster here said it was all the Federal Goverments fault ;) ;) ;)
makes you wanna go hmmmmmmmm.......
If it's YOUR local area paper, San Mateo is pretty close to, uhm, let me think, uhm, darnit.... Oh Yeah. SAN FRANCISCO.
You are swimming in a pool of liberal goooooooooo. I feel for you, my brother!

liquidasset
09-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Nice to see the can really depend on there PD to do the right thing. :yuk:

SnakeWrench
09-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Gawd Damn!
If that slacker George Bush wasn't on vacation none of that ever would have happened!! :rolleyes: :D :D
That was a sharp observation. LOL

code8
09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Those cops just gave law enforcement a big black eye. Please remember, NOT all cops are bad people. Most of us do want to do the right thing and help people in need.

gqchris
09-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Those cops just gave law enforcement a big black eye. Please remember, NOT all cops are bad people. Most of us do want to do the right thing and help people in need.
I agree 100%. I guess when you pay your police force $12.75 an hour, this is what you get!!!!!