PDA

View Full Version : HELP,any car insurance guys?

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
ive got some issues going on with getting my 05' 525 bmw repaired from a small accident involving a retread on the freeway,my insurance company WAWANESSA is refusing to pay the labor rates the dealership is charging,I need some advice from any insurance friends on here,or legal advice from any attorneys on here...thanks

2Driver
09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Did the situation change from your last post on this?

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 10:23 AM
theres more work that needs to done,more damage,i believe it another radiator,they are stacked in there,so wawanessa called this morning tells us we will need to pay more money,and that they feel the dealership is being unethical on their repairs.I was at the dealership last wednesday,they told me they are fixed the car back to it original condition,no bad work,they refuse to do a poor job because the insurance company wont pay.Im ok with that,i want it fixed correctly.My wife went off on the insurance rep this morning,got her supervisors number,called him and ask why they told us it was ok to take it there knowing they wont pay the higher mechanical labor rates......we have 3 cars and our weekend warrior with them,weve told them after this we are gone,didnt seem to matter.

Cole Trickle
09-07-2005, 10:58 AM
theres more work that needs to done,more damage,i believe it another radiator,they are stacked in there,so wawanessa called this morning tells us we will need to pay more money,and that they feel the dealership is being unethical on their repairs.I was at the dealership last wednesday,they told me they are fixed the car back to it original condition,no bad work,they refuse to do a poor job because the insurance company wont pay.Im ok with that,i want it fixed correctly.My wife went off on the insurance rep this morning,got her supervisors number,called him and ask why they told us it was ok to take it there knowing they wont pay the higher mechanical labor rates......we have 3 cars and our weekend warrior with them,weve told them after this we are gone,didnt seem to matter.
Read your policy jacket to see if they spell out the coverage for you.If they do you signed the policy and must adhere to there policy.(You might give the policy jacket to a lawyer friend and see what he can come up with)
Wawanessa is a very good (Cheap Cheap Cheap) insurance company until you turn in a claim or have an at fault accident.
I run across them from time to time when a driver is being canceled or there rate was doubled from one accident.They typically appeal to retired drivers whom have a very very good records.(You pay a cheap premium because they are very tuff on claims)
I am not saying they are good or bad but they are cheap and have alot of happy customers that have never turned in a claim.
Brandin

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 11:17 AM
good info,,,,we asked them why they insured a 05' 525 knowing the labor rates at bmw dealerships are higher than they want to pay,,they had no answer,,

Starloans
09-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Read your policy. What does it say?
I used to work in the building next to Wawanesa and had that insuance for a while. Never had a claim but I heard they were tough. To my understanding, car insurance is like boat insurance. What ever their policy declarations spell out is what they are going to do. I would read the policy before I called anyone. If it reads what they are telling you then your screwed, Then your only course is to contact the state insurance commissioner and complain. However, seems like I remember hearing something that there is a state law that says insurance companies have to fix a car back to it's original condition without using aftermarket parts. No, I have not read my insurance policy either. I have AAA and NEVER had a problem. If the policy says Wawanesa ise supposed to fix it without limitations, then stick a lawyer up their ass and quick. :D
I have an opnion about THAT BMW appearance center. I purchased an M3 from Brecht and liked their service. However, once I had a counter top I had removed standing in my garage and it fell over and scraped the side of the left fender. Looked like a $500 job worst case to me. Small dent 3" long plus paint. Took it to the appearance center and got a $2200 estimate. FU!
Also the GF rearended someone on the 78 rushhour. She has 01 330i. Broke out the headlights, bent hood, some radiator damage. Took it to Brecht and what a cluster****. 6 weeks, $9000, etc.
Looks like they did good work on the GFs car but they bend you over. :jawdrop: My opnion is most dealerships don't make so much on the sales but make a killing on the repairs. I guess the appearance center helped them pay for the new lot they just opened up.
BTW, I called AAA and they have a list of repair shops they recommend. Brecht is NOT on it. Their is a shop in Escondido called Henson's recommended by AAA. Took the M3 there for the scratch. $600 no prob. Did good work. If you have to switch, I would take it to Henson's. Good luck.

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
policy doesnt say anything about what labor rates they will pay,need to read it again,,,cars in pieces now,so im kinda held hostage

Starloans
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
policy doesnt say anything about what labor rates they will pay,need to read it again,,,cars in pieces now,so im kinda held hostage
Then you need to jam that policy up Wawanesa's ass and not settle. That's what they want you to do. Settle. F em. I can't remember your other thread. Were you at fault? If so, they are already going to pound you on premiums anyway. Make em pay ever penny! You can get an attorney if you have to. But you're already screwed because of the wreck. I wouldn't get screwed AND have to pay for part of the repairs. Who gives a F^%$ if it's a new car.
My opnion of insurance companies is well documented on here, no offense to people in the industry. It's a necessary evil. Just like mortgages. Do you think all those insurance companies are going to loose money because of the Hurricaine? F no! They won't make quite as much that quarter that's all. That bullshit about insurance companies pay out 6 dollars for every dollar they take in???? Yeah right. That is true. But they take your one dollar, invest it and make TEN! How the hell would they stay in business if they didn't make money. They make a killing. You never hear about insurance companies going out of business because they're broke. At least I haven't.
Sorry to rant. When you get through this cancel Wawaneasa's ass and go to AAA.
Insurance commissoner (http://www.insurance.ca.gov/)

Cole Trickle
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
If your policy jacket dosen't say anything about a max for labor rates I would go after them to pay the total amount.
Worse case senario they can send you elsewhere if they think the current shop is gouging you.(Sounds like they might be based on starloans comments)
You are deffinately paying a different premium for that 525i then you would be for a toyota camry.
Not all insurance companies are bad news and honestly I think Wawanessa has a decent rating with the Department of Insurance?
Promlm is that people want insurance to be as close to free as possible and then they get pissed when a budget/low cost insurance company is tough settling a claim.The reason they are so cheap is because they pay out less in claims/losses.
I have dealt with just about every company that insures CA drivers and there are different brackets I like to throw them in.
Teir 1
State Farm,Farmers,Allstate,etc..
Expect good payouts and high premiums(Some times the amount they will pay for a claim shocks the hell out of me/so does some of there premiums,sometimes high/low)
Teir 2
21st Century,Mercury,AAA
Expect pretty good payouts and a company that will offer about the most bang for the buck you can expect.(Good premiums and they all have there strong suits.I am a Mercury Agent and take alot of Buissness from everyone on this list)
Geico- cute advertisment but there rates are pretty dang high
Progressive- rates are pretty high but they will insure anybody with any car/coverage and any record(This is good for the Doctor wth 2 DUI's that still needs high coverage)
There is of course exceptions to every rule.

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
was my wife hit a retread going to havasu,,,no one else involved,no stopped semi,its a basic repair,,,,my fear is the 25k accident that could happen someday,id be screwed

TAYLOR21
09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi I work for an insurance company. And the insurance company will pay the average labor rate for the area you live in. In the state of califonria the Department of Insurance states it is the owners choice to choose a shop but the insurance company can write the estimate and as long as the rates are fair for the area the insurance company does not owe the rate of the shop. Normally the apprasier will neg. a rate with the shop

Starloans
09-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi I work for an insurance company. And the insurance company will pay the average labor rate for the area you live in. In the state of califonria the Department of Insurance states it is the owners choice to choose a shop but the insurance company can write the estimate and as long as the rates are fair for the area the insurance company does not owe the rate of the shop. Normally the apprasier will neg. a rate with the shop
That sounds like something I've heard before. RR may be able to get the adjuster to negotiate with Brecht but I doubt they will negotiate with the insured. Problem is I don't think Brecht will negotiate and now they have your car in pieces. I would think they would have to put it back together without cost since they can't agree on a repair cost but that may be wishful thinking. If it were mine I'd put it on a flatbed if I had to and take it to another shop. You may be able to get the other shop to go get it for you knowing they will be the one getting paid and they may not charge you to get it from Brecht. I'll go over and help you load it.
I would take one more shot at getting Brecht to do it, if you can't get anywhere then move on. I know what you mean about having it fixed right. That's the same reason I went there. And it being a BMW, people that know about BMWs, Mercedes, etc can tell if the car is not fixed right simply by, for example, looking at the clearances of door jams, hood jams etc. They measure the clearances of both ends of the jams. Not to mention the each body part on a BMW has a tag with a serial #. It's not like fixing a FORD for Christ's sake! :eek: Just kidding you Ford guys. :D
You should call Henson & Sons, 760-743-5363 tomorrow, tell them your story, ask them their rate for your car and if it pans out have em go get the damn car since Brecht is the pain in the ass here about the cost. You may wind up loving your insurance company again.
Again, no offense to any insurance guys or gals on here, but remember one thing Riverroyal: You may be loyal to your insurance company but THEY will drop your ASS in a New York minute for any reason. I don't know how many times I've heard "I've been with them for 20 years and they dropped me for one water damage claim for $2500 and one $0 paid water damage claim"
Let me guess you're dealing with a guy named Rick over there.

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 05:00 PM
after threating to call insurance commissioner and taking my 4 vehicles to another company,they called about a hour ago and agreed to pay the bill,everything over my deductible.What a nitemare,but Im happy now,good shop fixing it and it wont cost me$$$$$$$,like it should be,so everyone beware,and thanks for the help everyone,,

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
rick,,is the one,,,,pm you tommorrow,,,,

Starloans
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I believe Brecht will fix it right but they will have it a hell of a long time. If your insurance company is providing you a rental car make sure you understand how LONG they will cover the rental cost. The GF had to pay a couple of weeks herself because the insurance company only covered so long. Brecht had the damn thing 5 weeks.

JB in so cal
09-09-2005, 10:29 AM
Did you get it back? Smell like ass? Boogers on the steering wheel? :idea:

riverroyal
09-09-2005, 10:44 AM
dropped of rental this mornin,drove out to pick up the car,while wife was inside doing paper work ,I did my normal being anal with a magnifing glass look around the car,,,,only a 3ft scratch down the rear bumper and 2 on the front fender!!!!!!!!!WTF,i was so pissed my heart almost stopped,so ijust dropped wifey at work,they are fixing it today and delievering the car by flatbed tonite,,and im half way into a 5th of jack :rollside:

dimarcobros
09-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Maybe it's time for a new insurance company. Need a quote? :D
DMB

riverroyal
09-09-2005, 10:49 AM
pm me,,im gonna start shoppin

Jrocket
09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Maybe it's time for a new insurance company. Need a quote? :D
DMB
Who do you work for?