PDA

View Full Version : to the guy with the jettavader saturday

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 09:55 AM
how ever you spell it,those arent that cool anymore,plus there wasnt anyone around to see it,,,your a dickkk,pay attention next time,my family didnt need a shower.Take that P.O.S to some where people think thats neat,not havasu on labor day,,,,,awww i feel better now

Vada
09-07-2005, 09:56 AM
sorry...didn't mean to splash your family

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 09:56 AM
its ok then :cool:

76ANTHONY
09-07-2005, 09:57 AM
yeah, sorry she gets outta hand sometimes when she drinks :D :devil:

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Were you trying to jump his wake? I often use my Jetovator on Lake Lice, and they are cool, ask any JetBoater, they'll tell ya... :wink: :hammerhea :wink:

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 10:01 AM
i tried to pass him on the right,he never even looked back,he went to the right and turned the shower on,i had no where to go,got off the throttle and went left and took the blast,just another boater on a holiday with a broken neck i guess,head never moved

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 10:04 AM
...just another boater on a holiday with a broken neck i guess,head never moved
Sounds like he just traded in his PWC for the boat (if you consider a jet a "boat")...
:messedup:

Miss Perfect
09-07-2005, 10:06 AM
i tried to pass him on the right,he never even looked back,he went to the right and turned the shower on,i had no where to go,got off the throttle and went left and took the blast,just another boater on a holiday with a broken neck i guess,head never moved
Maybe he was just trying to cool you down. :hammerhea

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
kinda had a opposite effect,i really wasnt mad about the spray,it was the lack of paying attention and us paying for it,I pulled up next to guy at like 50mph and threw my hands up to give him the "what are you thinking" sign,he had no clue,we cleaned our glasses and motored on.

liquidasset
09-07-2005, 10:12 AM
how ever you spell it,those arent that cool anymore,plus there wasnt anyone around to see it,,,your a dickkk,pay attention next time,my family didnt need a shower.Take that P.O.S to some where people think thats neat,not havasu on labor day,,,,,awww i feel better now
Same thing happen to me trying to pass a jet going about 45mph from the mini sand bar they didn't even look they just blasted good thing no one was to the right of me they blew of my glasses my hat wtf I had to be at least 100ft back getting ready to go around him. :hammer2: :hammer2: I wish some people would figure out they aren't the only ones out there. That could of been a real bad situation.

HM
09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
He was a dick. Now on to navigation....
Overtaking on the right? Two things: One- the boat being overtaken has the right of way. Sure, common sense says he should look back, but still has right of way. Two, sounds like there was limited room with either other boats or land or both...what ever...you had little to no options once he turned to the right....sounds like a unsafe passing situation. Not trying to knock you, but you can't do much about the other boaters, especially on Labor Day on Havasu, so it is best you treat each boat has less aware driver than you.

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
there was 15 boats coming towards us on the left,we were near steamboat,so you maybe correct,he was probably moving to the right to give him self more room for oncoming traffic,,,it was the jettavader usage that was dumb. :smile:

uvindex
09-07-2005, 10:34 AM
He was a dick. Now on to navigation....
Overtaking on the right? Two things: One- the boat being overtaken has the right of way. The boat being overtaken also has the duty to maintain course and speed while being overtaken. To change course and/or speed without checking for an overtaking boat is an error on his part.

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Not all Jetters are disrespectful, I ALWAYS look behind me before I put my roost up, too bad that some others give us all a bad name...

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 10:44 AM
no disrespect to jetboaters,all boaters are friends to me,were all there for the same reason

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
no disrespect to jetboaters,all boaters are friends to me,were all there for the same reason
Dude, none taken :wink: :) , I concur, some JetBoaters are total dicks and totally disrespectful while using their roosts. Just don't want any opinions to be formed that all Jetters are, that's all... :)

Keithb87
09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Not all Jetters are disrespectful, I ALWAYS look behind me before I put my roost up, too bad that some others give us all a bad name...
Me Too.. :D

BrendellaJet
09-07-2005, 11:44 AM
The boat being overtaken also has the duty to maintain course and speed while being overtaken. To change course and/or speed without checking for an overtaking boat is an error on his part.
Only if they know they are being overtaken! RR already said he didn't look back therefore he did not know someone was trying to pass him.
Just a word for the bigger boats out there, jet boats use the diverter as a trim device...helps in rough water. While some think they are cool, they actually do serve a purpose. If you see a smaller jet boat, just know that a rooster tail may be in your future.
Plus, its not like bigger boats dont create problems for the little boats.
Next time you should wait until there is more room. But I do agree he should have looked, I've been pelted with one before, hurts!
My .02...No bad feelings.

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Only if they know they are being overtaken! RR already said he didn't look back therefore he did not know someone was trying to pass him.
Just a word for the bigger boats out there, jet boats use the diverter as a trim device...helps in rough water. While some think they are cool, they actually do serve a purpose. If you see a smaller jet boat, just know that a rooster tail may be in your future.
Hey Boatcop...what's the ruling on getting sprayed by a roostertail?
How about in rough water?

Backfire
09-07-2005, 11:51 AM
The boat being overtaken also has the duty to maintain course and speed while being overtaken. To change course and/or speed without checking for an overtaking boat is an error on his part.
Unless a boat being overtaken has been signaled properly with horn blast(s) and acknowleged, he's not responsible for being aware of you..... when he turns in front of you and you hit him, it's your fault!.... Best advice- don't drive into situations of vulnerability!

lucky
09-07-2005, 11:52 AM
YOUR WERN'T IN A WAKE BOARD BOAT WERE YOU ??? :D :confused:

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 11:55 AM
deckboat,,,he wasnt using it to trim,i wasnt rough at all,just one of those things,blame myself just a bit,but not much :hammerhea

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Sounds like he just traded in his PWC for the boat (if you consider a jet a "boat")...
THEMS FIGHTING WORDS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!! :220v:

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
THEMS FIGHTING WORDS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!! :220v:
You mean the fact that all jet boats are really just big PWCs anyway? :notam:

spectras only
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey Boatcop...what's the ruling on getting sprayed by a roostertail?
HH , it's illegal to spray someone on purpose. Second , if the spary is close it can brake the acrylic wind deflector of the following boat , subsequently throwing the broken pieces into the faces of rear passengers :220v: .

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeap it's illegal, but it was designed to help with the ride, just like the trim button for an I/O or Outboard, not all Jetters that have one know when and when not to use one, even in when they're rough water. I'm guessing that it's okay for one of those big ass boats on Havasu to haul ass trimmed way up throwing a roost bigger than any JetBoat ever could, that's way cooler than a JetBoat :rolleyes: ...
Now...i don't know what Boatcop will say, but I'm going to GUESS that it'll be along the lines of, "...all boaters are responsible for damage caused by the boat's wake (regardless of "rough water" or not)..so don't use it like a jerk..."
...just a guess.

Jbb
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
:eek:

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
:eek:
:D

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Are you saying that because it's not a Big Ass boat with twin whatevers in it it's not a boat? That's pretty funny... :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Are you saying that because it's not a Big Ass boat with twin whatevers in it it's not a boat? That's pretty funny... :rolleyes:
Comon, man. I'm only joking.
So is your boat a stand up or sit down model?

Debbolas
09-07-2005, 12:22 PM
easy now, or the mods will move this to jetboats............all I know about jeboats is that their gas costs more :D :D :D

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I remember that next time I have to watch some poor girl bleed out and die at copper, because someone started the motor when she was on pee break and sliced her leg off.
PROPS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 12:26 PM
:d

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Comon, man. I'm only joking.
So is your boat a stand up or sit down model?
Sitdown, holds 10 people and can plane in 18"'s of water, man I love my SeaDoo on Steroids. :wink: :D All this time I thought Tom Brown was the only JetBoat hater...
BTW, as one of my JetBoater buddies would say, "JetBoaters spray more spunk"... :cool: :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I remember that next time I have to watch some poor girl bleed out and die at copper, because someone started the motor when she was on pee break and sliced her leg off.
PROPS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah...like the time I saw a jetboat run up the cliffs cuz the guy lost steering!
Jetboats (big PWCs) suck!
:hammerhea

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 12:31 PM
And Blow... :) :) :)

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 12:32 PM
BTW, as one of my JetBoater buddies would say, "JetBoaters spray more spunk"... :cool: :cool:
Don't get me wrong...I like jetboats. :p
Where else do people go out and spend that much money on something that is little more than a glorified garden hose, and can be disable by a Hefty bag!

Riverkid
09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
... he went to the right and turned the shower on,i had no where to go,got off the throttle and went left and took the blast...
How much time did you spend cleaning the boat at your next stop, and did you stop early just to clean it up? :D :D :D

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
im a clean freak so i wasnt like i wasnt gonna wipe it down on the next stop anyways,funny question though

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Where else do people go out and spend that much money on something that is little more than a glorified garden hose, :D
Some of us have to have taste... :D :D

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Am I the only one whose boat starts in neutral?
8 yrs ago at Copper this happened, it was awfull, I am sure I will have another nightmare about it tonight.
I got just a small taste of what LEO's job can be like...special breed to handle that stuff.
SWB not everyone has 100k boat with all the nice modern day safety features

abraman1326
09-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Damn this is funny stuff. I'm a jet boat owner, and can see where you'd be mad to be hit w/ the spray. I am always looking back, even when I'm not makeing a move, b/c I like to know what's going on behind me at all times. But you know, there are bad seeds in every apple, and we all just have to get along. I've learned that not all lake lice are a$$ho&es, so please don't judge all jet boaters for the same stuff. We all have our preferances, and we all have the same goal. Let's get on the water and play, and have a good time... My .02
BRA

uvindex
09-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Only if they know they are being overtaken! RR already said he didn't look back therefore he did not know someone was trying to pass him.So you're saying that an operator can simply never turn his head to look for overtaking boats and change course and speed as he pleases??? I'll say it again: Before the vessel being overtaken changes his course or speed he must check to ensure that doing so is safe. (And not drive with "a broken neck; never turned his head" as the original poster indicated.) :)

BrendellaJet
09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
So you're saying that an operator can simply never turn his head to look for overtaking boats and change course and speed as he pleases??? I'll say it again: Before the vessel being overtaken changes his course or speed he must check to ensure that doing so is safe. (And not drive with "a broken neck; never turned his head" as the original poster indicated.) :)
Not what Im saying at all ;)
the boat attempting to overtake first needs to get his attention, kicking and screaming about it online after the fact doesn't count :shift: The doofus in the jetboat should have looked :hammer2:
Still, you wouldn't ride your bike into oncoming traffic hoping they will stop do you? if you dont have their attention then wait until it is safe to pass. You cant depend on others to worry about your safety, have to do that on your own.
Debbolas- easy now, or the mods will move this to jetboats............all I know about jeboats is that their gas costs more
Last I checked gas prices were not dependent on vehicle choice :hammer2:

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
HEY HH, you got anything this COOL
Serial No. 002, 1976 JS400 in mint condition, this is the 2nd Jetski ever released to the public. it's in my garage, I use it and I am proud to own it. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/273476js400.jpg

BarryMac
09-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Serial No. 002, 1976 JS400 in mint condition, this is the 2nd Jetski ever released to the public. it's in my garage, I use it and I am proud to own it. :D
It's toooo fast for him... :) :) :)

Sane Asylum
09-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Where else do people go out and spend that much money on something that is little more than a glorified garden hose, and can be disable by a Hefty bag!
OUCH........ :cry: :cry: :cool: But a very good point....

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 01:09 PM
dont ever sell that thing,,,believe it or not its worth some cash

caribbean20
09-07-2005, 01:14 PM
As was mentioned in an earlier post, I have a 20' jet with a Place Divertor that I use as a trim device, not to ever purposely spray someone else. I would hope the guy that sprayed you did it inadvertantly, but nonetheless, sorry to hear it happened.
I go to the river like everyone (almost) else to enjoy life and it is my refuge. If more boaters followed the USCG rules of the road and common sense (e.g., boat in front has right of way, stay back . . . boats don't have brakes, if you are in front, check before changing lanes, etc.), sure would be more fun out there.
Had an incident on Saturday with a PWC, first ever in over 14 years of boating on the river. Just north of Cottonwood Cove, I was in my boat with my 9 year-old son. The river is very wide there and there was very little traffic. Tooling along about 55 mph and out of nowhere I notice a PWC passing no more that 10 friggin feet off of the port side. It just startled me to see someone driving so irresponsibly. One slight movement by me to port and this guy was toast as I had no idea he was there, there was another 1/4 mile of river in which he could have used. So . . . I mash the go pedal and trim out the jet since I presumed he was racing me and I am not about to let a PWC pass me (maybe not the most logical reaction, but it was instinct). I dusted his sorry arse and proceeded to the no-wake zone at Cottonwood. About 1/2 way in, this same guy drives up and starts trying to spray my boat. Having no success in doing this, he finally rams my boat (no damage done). After yelling at this guy about WTF that is all about, he starts screaming at me in Spanish and drives off. I can only conlude 1 of 2 reasons for his actions:
1) He is a moron (as evidenced by reckless driving) and got pissed that he just got dusted, or, more likely
2) He tried to jump my wake just as I was trimming out the jet to allow my boat to reach top speed (64 mph on gps). He was next to me when I trimmed out the jet, so he had to see a spray coming off the back of the boat even if he did try to jump my wake at 55 mph.
When I am in open water, I use the Place Divertor as a very effective trim device, jet up for maximum speed and less wet surface on hull, jet down in rough water. I do not look back every time I trim up because I assume someone should not be following me within 50 feet because that is just plain stupid, especially in open water with no traffic.
A really crummy situation for my son to witness, but a few lessons learned. 1) Contiue to assume the other boater is a first-timer and stay clear. 2) I will be more aware of other boats before I trim up. 3) My son gets to see there are some real arse-holes out there, try to avoid them.
Hope everyone else had a great weekend, sure is a nice resource we have in the middle of the desert.
Regards,
Doug

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
that just sucks,,,no habla espanol,,,,,theres my spanish,cant even spell it

Debbolas
09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Debbolas- easy now, or the mods will move this to jetboats............all I know about jeboats is that their gas costs more
Last I checked gas prices were not dependent on vehicle choice :hammer2:[/
It's kinda a joke, our friend (who shall remain nameless) just bought a jet boat and was complaining about the fuel costs, so for like a whole summer I thought their gas cost more (because Jeb Boats use more gas than prop boats, as it is not an effecient way to move a boat through the water ;) )
Now I think he just wasn't use to filling up a boat :D

Throttle
09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
ok, I had a couple to to drink during lunch, I needed some popcorn anyway. Too bad I missed this one, not really.
However c'mon ladies, have some common sense.

lucky
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
that just sucks,,,no habla espanol,,,,,theres my spanish,cant even spell it
lol
no habla es ban whitie

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 01:28 PM
dont ever sell that thing,,,believe it or not its worth some cash
I have no idea what it's worth,
but you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands :D
unless it worth a nice 24' Sleek Craft :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 01:31 PM
...but you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands...
Just don't ride it like an idiot...and it shouldn't come to that.

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Just don't ride it like an idiot...and it shouldn't come to that.
for 20+ years I never have nor ever will, ride in a uncontolled area
I stay right by body beach, where it's safe from drunken whales :D

SmokinLowriderSS
09-07-2005, 02:27 PM
27 years of running my Taylor on Kansas & Oklahoma lakes and I have never purposely blasted anyone (the Jet-Ski I had to make a hard left to dodge at 30mph and 6-thou RPM doesn't count, he was a moron, but a moron on plastic doing 40 at my bow light from my right). I have also never accidentally hosed anyone either.
If I have smooth enough water, I will cruise with my trim up to get best speed at whtever RPM I am running. The roost seting varies because to much at too low RPM sets up a porpose. I do check behind me before I raise it above the water and do keep an eye on what is arround me (to spot potential races before thay blow past me). My tail is only average but will carry back 150 feet at 3500RPM cruise, double that at 4800 RPM at 62/63mph.
Sorry some dude got ya, he should have been watching too (perhaps not legally, but "rightly").

BIGAMIST
09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
2nd ever :confused: in 1976
1972 had 3 of them
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121Sept_1972.JPG

Boatcop
09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
First a basic Navigation lesson.
Federal Navigation Rules:
Rule 13
(a) Notwithstanding anything contained in Rules 4 through 18, any
vessel overtaking any other shall keep out of the way of the vessel
being overtaken.
(b) A vessel shall be deemed to be overtaking when coming up with
another vessel from a direction more than 22.5 degrees abaft her
beam; that is, in such a position with reference to the vessel she is
overtaking, that at night she would be able to see only the sternlight
of that vessel but neither of her sidelights.
(c) When a vessel is in any doubt as to whether she is overtaking
another, she shall assume that this is the case and act accordingly.
(d) Any subsequent alteration of the bearing between the two vessels
shall not make the overtaking vessel a crossing vessel within the
meaning of these Rules or relieve her of the duty of keeping clear of
the overtaken vessel until she is finally past and clear.
I made that last paragraph in bold , because it's something many boaters don't realize. What it means is that if you are going faster and attempting to overtake (pass) a slower vessel, and they turn in front of you and a collision results it's YOUR fault. PERIOD!
Not the smartest thing to do, but is their legal right under the Rules.
As far as the Jet-O-Vator, it is considered part of the "wake" and every boater is responsible for their wake and any damage it may cause.
At a minimum, a violation of NAVRULES, through Reckless Operation and on up to Felony Endangerment or Aggravated Felony Assault if injuries occur. If the Jet-O-Vator is the direct cause of a collision that causes death, Manslaughter could be charged.
For those who want to know more about the Rules, you can download them here:
Federal COLREGS / Navigation Rules (http://www.uscg.mil/vtm/navrules/navrules.pdf)
I strongly suggest that every boater have a working knowledge of the Rules, especially those who hit the ocean every once in a while. Even though many, such as certain lights, dayshapes, and sound signals don't apply (in practicality) here on the River, these rules are the Bible in Coastal and International waters.
Knowing them can save your life.

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 02:57 PM
about a dozen prototypes were made in 74 "Green" and 75 "Green", 76 "yellow" was the first year the JS was released to the public, it took a bit of work but I tracked this one down, I grew up on Foxes Harbor in Carlsbad, the inventors lived 6 houses down the street. so I got into it from day one. when I found out it didn't hurt near as much as crashing my dirt bike :D

BIGAMIST
09-07-2005, 02:59 PM
The picture was takin in 1972

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 03:15 PM
The picture was takin in 1972
that picture is DEFINETLY!!! a 74 proto, how did you get your hands on it?, I thought Todd Lathrop keep all the protos, you got a VIN to PM me, I tell you which one it was......could have been made in early 73, it's definetly one of the protos, how you tell is the glass work, protos were hand laid with biaxial cloth and the production version are shot glass.

BIGAMIST
09-07-2005, 03:21 PM
not bustin your balls but we had 3 of em in 72 :smile:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121back.JPG

BIGAMIST
09-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Cant tell you how it happen............I'd have to kill ya :D :coffeycup

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 03:33 PM
not bustin your balls but how do we know thats the back side of the same pic :2purples:
been in this JetSki game along time,
the 80's were a blur, but I was dead sober in the 70's
I ask again how did you get your hands on a 74 proto???

BIGAMIST
09-07-2005, 03:36 PM
not bustin your balls but how do we know thats the back side of the same pic :2purples:
hold on a minute

BIGAMIST
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
how would you like me to prove it to you,the picture & the date?

572Daytona
09-07-2005, 03:49 PM
As far as the Jet-O-Vator, it is considered part of the "wake" and every boater is responsible for their wake and any damage it may cause.
At a minimum, a violation of NAVRULES, through Reckless Operation and on up to Felony Endangerment or Aggravated Felony Assault if injuries occur. If the Jet-O-Vator is the direct cause of a collision that causes death, Manslaughter could be charged.
Hmm..I was always under the impression that wake damage was only enforceable in civil court and was not considered a criminal infraction. So by extension you are saying that if a boat makes a large wake that results in another boat having a fatal collision or causes my boat to sink the person that made the wake could be charged with a criminal offense?

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 03:49 PM
how would you like me to prove it to you,the picture & the date?
it's ok with me... I am VERY!!!! interested in this, and the fact that most likely we have old common friends from the past, you had to know someone I knew to get a proto.

Debbolas
09-07-2005, 03:50 PM
First a basic Navigation lesson.
Federal Navigation Rules:
I made that last paragraph in bold , because it's something many boaters don't realize. What it means is that if you are going faster and attempting to overtake (pass) a slower vessel, and they turn in front of you and a collision results it's YOUR fault. PERIOD!
Not the smartest thing to do, but is their legal right under the Rules.
For those who want to know more about the Rules, you can download them here:
Federal COLREGS / Navigation Rules (http://www.uscg.mil/vtm/navrules/navrules.pdf)
I strongly suggest that every boater have a working knowledge of the Rules, especially those who hit the ocean every once in a while. Even though many, such as certain lights, dayshapes, and sound signals don't apply (in practicality) here on the River, these rules are the Bible in Coastal and International waters.
Knowing them can save your life.
AND everyone should take the boating test over on RRL (don't know why there isn't one here) I was surprised and shocked to discover I only scored 69%...........I gotta study (Is that a C or a D?) :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey now!!!!! :p
Them's fightin' words http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_2_100v.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')
HH stirrin' the pot :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
1972 had 3 of them
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121Sept_1972.JPG
Wow, that's twice Karl. :D
Deb, it's not that the gas is more, or that your friend (who will remain nameless :D) wasn't used to filling up a boat, it's that they only get 1-2 miles a gallon generally, at least from what I have seen and heard. That means 2 twenty gallon tanks will get us about 60 miles. It depends on the boat and setup of course.

Boatcop
09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Hmm..I was always under the impression that wake damage was only enforceable in civil court and was not considered a criminal infraction. So by extension you are saying that if a boat makes a large wake that results in another boat having a fatal collision or causes my boat to sink the person that made the wake could be charged with a criminal offense?
Arizona Revised Statutes
5-343. Speed restrictions; excessive wake
No person shall operate a watercraft in excess of the posted limit or at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and potential hazards then existing. In every event, speed shall be so controlled as may be necessary to avoid colliding with any person or other watercraft, swamping other watercraft or otherwise endangering the lives or property of other persons.
"Only" a Petty Offense, but a Criminal charge, just the same.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I will jump in on this cause I am a diehard jetboat owner and I never roost any other boaters. I had to hose a jetski on sunday cause the prick came within 10ft of me. I dont know why cause I dont throw any kind of wake :confused: So The second time he went right behind me I gave him 5ft of tail at 5k rpms!!! HE then sped up and cut right in front of me! If he would have hit my boat we would have been fighting. But like I said before I always look behind me when I throw my rooster up. I hosed one boat but they actually stopped me and asked me to do it for them. I told them about the pain but they insisted;) I know how the roost feels cause I always ride through my friends tail on my waverunner but I like to do it;) maybe I am a little off my rocker for that but it sure feels good;) So the guy that roosted you is a damn fool! I have boated in havizoo and that is crazy to roost comming up from steamboat. Hell my boat would be all out of the water.
I am sorry to hear about the situation with the jet, I just hope that you dont think bad about all of us cause most of us know how to drive our jets;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah...like the time I saw a jetboat run up the cliffs cuz the guy lost steering!
What about all them jackasses in havizoo with 30+ footers that get stone a$$ drunk and try to run pwc riders over????? I have rode out there and about 10 different boats almost hit me when I was on my way out to steamboat. I swear if I had something to put holes in thier boats I would have. they treated me like I was a rookie when i am nowhere close!!! Oh by the way PROPS,EGGBEATERS&WEEDWACKERS and CHOPPERGUN boats SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB in so cal
09-07-2005, 05:03 PM
I was running close to and behind RR, and I can tell you that without a doubt, the guy driving the jet had NO idea anyone was there. WHY??
-'cause he had a 6' wide tube tied to his transom that was flipped on it's side blocking his field of vision (not that he would've checked it). After he hosed RR the first time, he stopped; why? As I went by him, he was grabbing a towell that was flopping away.
Talk all you want about trim control, blah, blah blah. This guy had no idea what he was throwing!

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Now...i don't know what Boatcop will say, but I'm going to GUESS that it'll be along the lines of, "...all boaters are responsible for damage caused by the boat's wake (regardless of "rough water" or not)..so don't use it like a jerk..."
...just a guess.
Man...it's not easy being right all the time!
What about all them jackasses in havizoo with 30+ footers that get stone a$$ drunk and try to run pwc riders over????? I have rode out there and about 10 different boats almost hit me when I was on my way out to steamboat. I swear if I had something to put holes in thier boats I would have. they treated me like I was a rookie when i am nowhere close!!!
Did I ever tell you about the time I was idling out of Thomson Bay, and this jet boat...errr...PWC is coming across my bow? To keep from running him over, I threw both engines in reverse...stopped my 10,000lb boat on a dime (probably screwed up the gears in the outdrives) just so the guy could live.
And how does this guy thank me? :idea:
He t-boned me. That's right...I was at a dead stop, and somehow he ran right into the side of my 35' boat. :supp:
I swear...those little jet boat....errr....PWC guys must be getting stoned and trying to run us big boat guys over!
:notam:

Jbb
09-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Did I ever tell you about the time I was idling out of Thomson Bay, and this jet boat...errr...PWC is coming across my bow? To keep from running him over, I threw both engines in reverse...stopped my 10,000lb boat on a dime (probably screwed up the gears in the outdrives) just so the guy could live.
He t-boned me. That's right...I was at a dead stop, and somehow he ran right into the side of my 35' boat. :supp:
I swear...those little jet boat....errr....PWC guys must be getting stoned and trying to run us big boat guys over!
And all my cares.......go up in smoke!........ :D

Nord
09-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Not when they are strait up in the air, cuz all that does is make the boat hop!!
Anyhow, I would have to say, hey, your at the lake/river, your gonna get wet!!!
:rollside: :rollside:

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
great info.....btw,not bashing any jetboats,you can have a sailboat,i dont really care,this guy was justa idiot,,,live and learn,also thanks for the input JB,if forgot about the 6ft tube.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Maybe he didnt build his own boat like the people in my crew does. I built my whole boat and have alot of sweat,money and time into it! So in return I am running away from any other boats other than my "crew" so I dont get hit! Hell Ive seen your type of "penis extension" boats run and half of them cant drive either............You guys come out of a cove stone ass drunk and play nascar around the lake like a bunch of damn fools!

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Hell Ive seen your type of "penis extension" boats run and half of them cant drive either............You guys come out of a cove stone ass drunk and play nascar around the lake like a bunch of damn fools!
Are you stereotyping me? :notam:

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 07:15 PM
where did you get yours done,im thinking bout a extension :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
where did you get yours done,im thinking bout a extension :D
Don't ask me...that guy seems to be the penis expert. :idea:
I bought my boat so I can get stone ass drunk, run over those little kiddy jet boats, and play nascar around the lake like a damn fool.

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 07:23 PM
so i can get fallin down drunk also,let my wife drive,and flash my pre penis extension penis at kids on seadoos,,,we gotta hang out!

gqchris
09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Maybe he didnt build his own boat like the people in my crew does. I built my whole boat and have alot of sweat,money and time into it! So in return I am running away from any other boats other than my "crew" so I dont get hit! Hell Ive seen your type of "penis extension" boats run and half of them cant drive either............You guys come out of a cove stone ass drunk and play nascar around the lake like a bunch of damn fools!
HAHA! Penis Extension, that is so true!! And dont forget the 30+ foot boats that cruise by us smaller Jets and leave a nice rolling wake to swamp the back of the boat! Now thats alway a fun way to wrap the weekend up. Hell, if everyone financed a boat payment at $300 a month for 20 years, we could all be driving around in the "Bling Bling", Stripper Pole, 100,000 Watt Rolling night club machines! :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Are you stereotyping me? :notam:
you did!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 07:26 PM
HAHA! Penis Extension, that is so true!! And dont forget the 30+ foot boats that cruise by us smaller Jets and leave a nice rolling wake to swamp the back of the boat! Now thats alway a fun way to wrap the weekend up. Hell, if everyone financed a boat payment at $300 a month for 20 years, we could all be driving around in the "Bling Bling", Stripper Pole, 100,000 Watt Rolling night club machines! :rolleyes:
LMFAO, :D :D :D thats funny;)

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:27 PM
so i can get fallin down drunk also,let my wife drive,and flash my pre penis extension penis at kids on seadoos,,,we gotta hang out!
Done!
I'll even let you drive my boat...we'll have a contest to see how many of those bathtub-sized jetboats we can swamp!
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 07:27 PM
What do you call this????????? :eat:

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
not 20 on the financing part :)

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
you did!
It was a joke.
I know you can take a joke since you own an 18' PWC.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Done!
I'll even let you drive my boat...we'll have a contest to see how many of those bathtub-sized jetboats we can swamp!
Come get some bro!!! I wish one of you jackass's would try to swamp me!!! It would be on homeboy!!! Remember, I got your ass on holeshot! My nozzle shoots hard and high assclown!

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 07:29 PM
i can say our deckboat being a cat,the wake is really small. :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:30 PM
not 20 on the financing part :)
I just put mine on a credit card.

HM
09-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Come get some bro!!! I wish one of you jackass's would try to swamp me!!! It would be on homeboy!!! Remember, I got your ass on holeshot! My nozzle shoots hard and high assclown!
Are you trying to ask HH out on a date?
:) :) :) :)

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Remember, I got your ass on holeshot!
To outrun me...you're gonna have to spend more than the $20 you have in that R/C boat.
Are you trying to ask HH out on a date?
He keeps bringing up the word "penis". I'm not sure I like this internet thing... :squiggle:

Jordy
09-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Done!
I'm at a definate disadvantage in this game as I don't have a cat with training wheels so the wake I put out is really small. :( :( :(
Man, you gotta do something about all this penned up internet hostility. :notam: :squiggle: :rollside:

Boatcop
09-07-2005, 07:45 PM
http://home.nc.rr.com/inbedwithhomer/arguing_internet.jpg
:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:46 PM
http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/pictures/6thsensestupidpeople.jpg

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-07-2005, 07:52 PM
This thread just proves that dumbasses come in all shapes, sizes, and watercraft.
396 you need to lighten up, you are givin HH too much entertainment for free.

Jrocket
09-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Bro? Homeboy? I got your ass on holeshot? Your showing your intelligence here.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
This thread just proves that dumbasses come in all shapes, sizes, and watercraft.
im just jerkin' his chain :D :D Ive been around here for a looong time;) I know he's oldschool just like me;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
Bro? Homeboy? I got your ass on holeshot? Your showing your intelligence here.
calm down jackass..... :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Brilliant! (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/61193/wiley04.wav) http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
Yes...I am just kidding with the jetboat guys. You may find this hard to believe, but ole HH owned one at one time...but then I grew up!
DOH!
Sorry, couldn't help that last one. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//rotfl.gif

Jrocket
09-07-2005, 08:00 PM
calm down jackass..... :hammerhea
Sorry,I forgot your old school and have been on the block for a long time.My apologies.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Brilliant! (http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/61193/wiley04.wav) http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif
Yes...I am just kidding with the jetboat guys. You may find this hard to believe, but ole HH owned one at one time...but then I grew up!
DOH!
Sorry, couldn't help that last one. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//rotfl.gif
so your another jordy huh.........i am so sorry :sqeyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Sorry,I forgot your old school and have been on the block for a long time.My apologies.
fo' shizzle;) its all good brotha;)

Squirtin Thunder
09-07-2005, 08:04 PM
But did you sound your horn ???

Jordy
09-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I say if you take one of those little Sea Don'ts on Steroids to Havasu on any weekend during the summer you pretty much deserve to get swamped. You know what you're up against going into it. I had my jet on Havasu one time and put it back on the trailer in a hurry as it SUCKED!!! I won't take my 30' to Parker or below out of consideration for the little boats. Perhaps they could show us big heavily financed penis extension guys the same consideration instead of being jealous little babies and crying about it like the jetboat fags that they are. :D :D :D
Jordy <------stir, stir, stir.
p.s. I never took any of my small boats on Pleasant either because I've heard the stories about that lake turning into an ocean as well. Maybe I'm just smarter than the rest. ;)

Squirtin Thunder
09-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Not I !!!
I only hunt fish I can bring back !!!
And you know how carefull I am !!!

Havasu Hangin'
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
18' PWC's
@ copyright 2005 HH

Jordy
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
@ copyright 2005 HH
My apologies. I'll fix it. ;)

SummitKarl
09-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I say if you take one of those little Sea Don'ts on Steroids to Havasu on any weekend during the summer you pretty much deserve to get swamped. You know what you're up against going into it. I had my jet on Havasu one time and put it back on the trailer in a hurry as it SUCKED!!! I won't take my 30' to Parker or below out of consideration for the little boats. Perhaps they could show us big heavily financed penis extension guys the same consideration instead of being jealous little babies and crying about it like the jetboat fags that they are. :D :D :D
p.s. I never took any of my small boats on Pleasant either because I've heard the stories about that lake turning into an ocean as well. Maybe I'm just smarter than the rest. ;)
strike two!!! :eek: :D

Burley1
09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
What kind of boat was it.

HighRoller
09-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Looks like we have a new villain on the lake...."Jetta Vader". Roll the Star Wars theme...... :devil:

Jordy
09-08-2005, 05:23 AM
strike two!!! :eek: :D
Wow, I guess it's a good thing that I don't spend my time trying to impress people on an internet boating forum or I might be in trouble... :idea: :sleeping: :rolleyes: :D

BarryMac
09-08-2005, 05:40 AM
First off, I can't believe that this thread is still going, I thought it died yesterday, way to go riverroyal, you started a battle. :D :D
Second off, I cant believe I'm gonna say this, I agree with Jordy, my squirt boat is too small for the Zoo, my next trip out will be mid week when all of the big boat, penis extension morons will still be at work, then and only then will I bring the Irmanator out, when the weekend rolls in, I'll hitch a ride with a guy in a Cat that doesn't have training wheels XXX... :wink: :D
Third off, now I know why I love the Lower River, Havasu is like Hot Boat, too much drama... :cool: :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-08-2005, 05:44 AM
riverroyal, sorry you got shot at, that is not cool. However, I have to disagree with you and state that jet-o-vators are still cool. Just ask anyone who saw Rivertard, Hustler and HBJet splash the bridge at CBBB, or Rivertard pull a wheelie in his "PWC" :D. They are very cool.

Jordy
09-08-2005, 05:48 AM
They are very cool.
Yeah, they're very cool if you like shit that sucks. :D :D :D
Jordy <----and stir some more. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-08-2005, 05:52 AM
Yeah, they're very cool if you like shit that sucks. :D :D :D
Jordy <----and stir some more. :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_1_20.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')

riverroyal
09-08-2005, 07:59 AM
i should have never went to bed last night,I never imagined this would go this long,my therapist is gonna love this,one more hour on the couch :hammerhea

SummitKarl
09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
First off, I can't believe that this thread is still going, I thought it died yesterday, way to go riverroyal, you started a battle. :D :D
Second off, I cant believe I'm gonna say this, I agree with Jordy, my squirt boat is too small for the Zoo, my next trip out will be mid week when all of the big boat, penis extension morons will still be at work, then and only then will I bring the Irmanator out, when the weekend rolls in, I'll hitch a ride with a guy in a Cat that doesn't have training wheels XXX... :wink: :D
Third off, now I know why I love the Lower River, Havasu is like Hot Boat, too much drama... :cool: :D
now your getting the IDEA!!!!!! Leave Saturday for the stressed out drunkin whales ie.. Penis extensions. eventually they will all kill each other and Havasu will return to what it was 6-8yrs ago before the big boat boom.
eventually the big boats will gain the same reputation as PWC's gained when they evolved from JetSkis. it's no different, it's just a matter of time.
In the mean time I enjoy Sunday-Friday on the lake, when it is peacefull and the caliber of the people is much more laid back :D
This whole Thread has really confirmed why I got out of So.Cal-"too many stressed out ego's thinking the world revolves around them" not that I am not guilty of that myself but each day that part gets left a little further behind.
I never ever thought I would say this........... I can hardly wait for snowbird season :jawdrop: :D

Jordy
09-08-2005, 08:39 AM
I never ever thought I would say this........... I can hardly wait for snowbird season :jawdrop: :D
Well Karl, that's just because you're old. :D :D :D

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 08:40 AM
now your getting the IDEA!!!!!! Leave Saturday for the stressed out drunkin whales ie.. Penis extensions. eventually they will all kill each other and Havasu will return to what it was 6-8yrs ago before the big boat boom.
eventually the big boats will gain the same reputation as PWC's gained when they evolved from JetSkis. it's no different, it's just a matter of time.
In the mean time I enjoy Sunday-Friday on the lake, when it is peacefull and the caliber of the people is much more laid back :D
This whole Thread has really confirmed why I got out of So.Cal-"too many stressed out ego's thinking the world revolves around them" not that I am not guilty of that myself but each day that part gets left a little further behind.
Oh yeah? I am teflon, you are glue; whatever slides off me sticks to you!!! :cool:

riverroyal
09-08-2005, 08:44 AM
my stress out socal ego needs a new address soon,maybe 500 miles inland :D

JB in so cal
09-08-2005, 08:49 AM
my stress out socal ego needs a new address soon,maybe 500 miles inland :D
put the pills down and step away from the cliff. :eek:

riverroyal
09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
a new lake soon,hows mead sound?

Creator
09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
a new lake soon,hows mead sound?
You like the ocean, when the wind comes up it's about the same.