PDA

View Full Version : Street bike or harley

LAFD
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
anyone have hookups on any street bikes or harleys. lookin into gettin one but havent decided if i want a street bike or harley...

Vada
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Harley!

76ANTHONY
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
streetbike :hammer2:

Vada
09-07-2005, 10:22 AM
streetbike :hammer2:
You're just saying that cause I said HARLey!!!!!
ARGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! Tell him your honest opinion!!! NOW!!!!
HARLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

76ANTHONY
09-07-2005, 10:24 AM
chopped and stretched with at least a 120ci engine, yeah i like harleys

shadow
09-07-2005, 10:26 AM
anyone have hookups on any street bikes or harleys. lookin into gettin one but havent decided if i want a street bike or harley...
I consider my Harley a street bike. ;)

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 10:28 AM
What do ya mean street bike or Harley ??? :confused: Where do ya find Harleys? On the street! :hammerhea

riverbound
09-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Street bike....you will kill yourself faster ;) j/k
Depends on what you are looking for and what kind of riding you do. I started off on street bikes and now all I ride are harleys. But I really miss the speed of the street bike and have been looking at them again. Plus it is much easier to split traffic on a street bike and riding any speed over 80 on a Harley sucks. If you are looking to just cruise than the choice is obvious...Street bikes dont know how to go slow :220v:

LAFD
09-07-2005, 10:30 AM
What do ya mean street bike or Harley ??? :confused: Where do ya find Harleys? On the street! :hammerhea
ok what i mean by street bikes is like yamaha, honda, suzuki's like the rice rockets.
and then harley davidsons.

76ANTHONY
09-07-2005, 10:33 AM
whatcha usin it for, cruisin or racin???? :confused:

shadow
ok what i mean by street bikes is like yamaha, honda, suzuki's like the rice rockets.
Just giving you a hard time. :smile:
Just depends on the type riding you'd like to do.Personally i perfer cruising and not racing around.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
I do not think street bikes are sexy in the slightest bit. Harley's are waaaaay sexy. :)
But thats just me. :rollside:

Boozer
I assume you mean Sport Bike or Cruiser. In this case the cruiser being a Harley.
I say you find some bikes to ride and figure out which bike fits your style and needs better. Based on the fact that you are a fire fighter a sport bike may be a little to harsh on your back due to the riding position.

Hustler
09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
you know my answer :D

shadow
09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I do not think street bikes are sexy in the slightest bit. Harley's are waaaaay sexy. :)
Linda,I'm taking you for a ride then. :D
Or Jason can use my bike and take you.

rivercrazy
09-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Sport Bike vote here

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 10:38 AM
OH! OK, What you should have ask is should I buy Jap Junk or AMERICAN! :D

Hustler
09-07-2005, 10:39 AM
do you want a bike that will appreciate or depretiate?

rivercrazy
09-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Are you saying a Harley is more reliable than a Japanese bike? That's a funny one right there!

cola
09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Harley, the grandkids love them.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268116_1696_1.JPG

Lightning
09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
I like Harley's but if I was to get a crotch rocket, I would look at the Suzuki SV650 or SV1000. I also like the Ducati naked bikes - Monster 800.

LAFD
09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
im just lookin at options. also lookin if there are any hookups on bikes?

Hustler
09-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I dont think your going to find a better hook up on Harley's than the one you have now :D

LAFD
09-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I dont think your going to find a better hook up on Harley's than the one you have now :D
haha she doesnt get discounts yet. i think she will when shes of shes off her work probation. if she does ha i already know what im gunna get..

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
BMW best motorcycle made when it comes to safety.......

riverbound
09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
We are selling a Harley.... Its a FXDWG2. Its a Willie G bike. Its a great riding bike quick and lots of chrome.
this is a pic of the same bike. we dont have the little sissy bar on the back or the luggage rack
http://www.venturaharley.com/images/venturaharley/VP186098_1.jpg

LAFD
09-07-2005, 10:53 AM
We are selling a Harley.... Its a FXDWG2. Its a Willie G bike. Its a great riding bike quick and lots of chrome.
this is a pic of the same bike. we dont have the little sissy bar on the back or the luggage rack
http://www.venturaharley.com/images/venturaharley/VP186098_1.jpg
shoud put a light bar and siren on that thing. :D

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 10:56 AM
BMW best motorcycle made when it comes to safety.......
:idea: Are you saying that an Idiot riding a B.M.W is safer than a Idoit riding a Honda?? :confused:

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 10:58 AM
:idea: Are you saying that an Idiot riding a B.M.W is safer than a Idoit riding a Honda?? :confused:
Actually YES.....

LAFD
09-07-2005, 11:01 AM
yeah i hear on the bmw bikes if the bike senses a crash it makes a protective bubble around the rider and with built in ejection seat launches you outta harms way and you safely decend with the parachute. all standard features....

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Actually YES.....
Please explain, I'm sure alot of people would like to know.

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 11:07 AM
yeah i hear on the bmw bikes if the bike senses a crash it makes a protective bubble around the rider and with built in ejection seat launches you outta harms way and you safely decend with the parachute. all standard features....
:D :cry: :D Good one!

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Please explain, I'm sure alot of people would like to know.
Written by LAFD
As funny as this is, it has some truth too it..
best ABS brakes on the market and yes it has a crumble zone that ejects the rider.
Integrated brakes. Break away windshield...
is that enough for you...

LAFD
09-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Written by LAFD
best ABS brakes on the market and yes it has a crumble zone that ejects the rider.
wow that is pretty crazy.

NOTALENT
09-07-2005, 11:14 AM
all up to you...I would rather have a harley or a bike that ALcheholic is putting out...those liberator's are nice bikes...

LAFD
09-07-2005, 11:16 AM
all up to you...I would rather have a harley or a bike that ALcheholic is putting out...those liberator's are nice bikes...
yeah but i dont want to spend 30k on a bike. like to spend around 10.

riverbound
09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
then Sport bike it is...a $10k Harley wil be a real POS.

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
he can get a ladies 883 sportster for 10K

LAFD
09-07-2005, 11:20 AM
if i do go the harley route the one i want i can get for about 16k. will see gotta finish payin some stuff off than onto the next toy.

NOTALENT
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah..what RB said..your only other option would be those Kit bikes, they have Iron horse look alikes decent set ups...u just assemble..

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah..what RB said..your only other option would be those Kit bikes, they have Iron horse look alikes decent set ups...u just assemble..
That can be scary

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Written by LAFD
Yea If ya t-bone some A-hole that pull's out in front of you, guaranteed shit will break away and crumble! The most effective saftey feature on any bike is defensive driver, awareness, and a little luck. :cool:

JustMVG
Well Lins i guess i'll never get a "Sure i'll go for a ride Mikey" you know, me having one of those oh sooo not sexy streetbikes!!! :frown: :( , but now will you guys even ride in my boat?
J/K Mike

LAFD
im lookin into gettin the harley road glide. if everything pans out.

al cole'holic
09-07-2005, 11:26 AM
....well, if your looking to spend maybe $17k I still have this 100" HD Softail frame with an Paughco springer. Like I said before, I have a good relationship with your credit union LAFCU :)
http://members.aol.com/hevythreds/paughco.jpg

NOTALENT
09-07-2005, 11:26 AM
That can be scary
Yeah..I have seen some horror storries on them. but I have also seen some nice one's make it out... tough decision.

JustMVG
09-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I can say from experience that riding a sportbike('02 CBR600F4I) for more than say a 100 miles gets hard on the butt, now for me thats just riding on the freeway, but throw in some twisties and with the moving around on the bike that i do, i have no problem going for that many miles, but boy oh boy am i tired after that many miles in the turns. Also the "Crotch Rockets" have smaller gas tanks in the 5 to 7 gallon range and i know mine is good for 140 miles and thats dipping into the reserve. There are "Sporty Cruisers "that offer the compromise of razor sharp handling for a more comfortable riding position, your not humped over the tank and less pressure on the wrists, and you can go forever on a trip, your butt doesn't get numb, and when you want to get sporty you can.
So it's best to decide what you want to do, ride for a bit to just have fun, or go for a looong cruise, even some of the "Harley" type bikes have a hard and in some cases a harsh ride. Too bad there are veeerrryyy few dealers that offer test rides. If you have the experience maybe some of the HB members can let you try out their bike/s and that will help you out.
MVG

Excessive Force
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
ok let me throw this out here: anyone hear of these guys...big dog (http://www.bigdogmotorcycles.com)

ColeTR2
09-07-2005, 11:57 AM
If you what a Harley, buy the real thing. Custom construction don’t hold their value. In a few years they will be a dime a dozen.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Linda,I'm taking you for a ride then. :D
Or Jason can use my bike and take you.
:devil: You don't have to ask me twice. :D

Tresguey
09-07-2005, 12:08 PM
OH! OK, What you should have ask is should I buy Jap Junk or AMERICAN! :D
Well just to let you know that most of the Harley parts are made in China now! and most of the rice rockets parts are made in the US. So you can say that Harleys are put together in the US, but they are basicaly made in China!!!

blackcloud75
09-07-2005, 12:11 PM
How about $17,000 for mine.....................

Big Kahunaa
09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
chopped and stretched with at least a 120ci engine, yeah i like harleys
Harley don't make 120cid engine if you have one it's not a harley

al cole'holic
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
How about $17,000 for mine.....................
..how about trading yours in and steppin up :D :idea:

Tresguey
09-07-2005, 12:20 PM
10K on a Harley? ok if you wanna look (sorry if i offend anyone) gay go ahead and buy a sportster. or you can hit a buck 80 outta the box with a GSXR1000. but finding a good Harley for 10K will be hard to find.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Well Lins i guess i'll never get a "Sure i'll go for a ride Mikey" you know, me having one of those oh sooo not sexy streetbikes!!! :frown: :( , but now will you guys even ride in my boat?
J/K Mike
Let me rephrase that I do not think street bikes except for Mikey's are sexy!! :wink: Sorry Mikey, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :)

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Well just to let you know that most of the Harley parts are made in China now! and most of the rice rockets parts are made in the US. So you can say that Harleys are put together in the US, but they are basicaly made in China!!!
Yes I know that! But it's not "most" it's only some. And I was wondering how long it would take for someone to call me on it. 34 post's later.

Tresguey
09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes I know that! But it's not "most" it's only some. And I was wondering how long it would take for someone to call me on it. 34 post's later.
just seen the post but when i said most i meant, handle bars, grips and throttle, all lighting and electrical, bearings and yes even the wheels, seats and forks. not bashing Harleys but can you really say American made?

TAYLOR21
09-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Have A Custom Bike For Sale
2003 Special Construction For Sale
Black And Chrome With Ghost Flames
Custom Seat Woth Flames
Asking $ 40,000.00

FHI-prez
09-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I guess it depends on how big your tool set is also :wink: If you enjoy working on your bike more than riding it, buy a hardley. If you want a bike to ride buy a Jap bike (doesn't have to be a crotch rocket, maybe just a cruiser). The unbalanced V-twin in a hardley is 80+ year old technology, only kept around because of the "sound". They vibrate like a mother effer because the combustion stroke is one right after the other. Even tho I'm not a hardley fan, and I hate the way they look (way over priced to boot) I think the V-rod is the only hardley worth a shit.
Most of these custom (one off) bikes have almost zero hardley parts on them, shouldn't even be called a harley.
BMW does make a good bike, uglier than dogshit on a hot day, but mechanically very sound and strong.
Honda (I have a Suzuki GSXR-750 race bike, so it's not biased) probably makes the best bang for the buck in the Jap cruisers, very solid, very well made, but a bit pricey compared to other jap bikes.
But you can't argue with what's "cool". Harley is "cool" for cruisers. You pay for it with your pocket book and maintenance but it's what's hot now.
If your into doing track days at the local GP course, you can't go wrong with a GSXR (any size). Tires get expensive when you melt the edges off, but the pucker factor is like none other, not for the faint of heart and have good health/life insurance. :eek:
Race/street bike....Zook
Best cruiser....Goldwing
Best bike for your local mechanic's pocketbook.....Harley (they aslo work well for a conversation piece in your den).
"bling"....one off custom rattlebox, poorly assembled piece of shit (watch the TV shows one time and look how they put them together, have the frame custom painted, THEN drill holes in it and mount shit all over it with the nice new hole they just drilled being left bare steel. Nothing short of brilliant. If it doesn't fit, hit the primary with a bigger mallet.... :hammerhea )
My $1.84

Coleitis22
09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/machine/models/model.jsp?model=k1200r anyone have hookups on any street bikes or harleys. lookin into gettin one but havent decided if i want a street bike or harley...
Check out the new BMW K1200R. Otherwise get a Harley.

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
There must not be any old Bikers on here! This is what they would do and what I have done many times. Screw the 30k 17 or 10k If you watch around you can find something for a reasonal price. All you haft to do is be able to ride it home. With the part's availability for Harleys both stock and custom, Some tools. a little ingenuity, average intelligence, some help from some friends, you can build it into your very one personalized ride. AND THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT. And that you can take pride in! That's what Harleys are all about. like the old saying... [If I haft to explain you wouldn't understand.] :skull: Old School!

TCS T
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
for sale (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87808) I will make you a deal?

Speedin' Ian
09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Hey LAFD what station do you work at?

Throttle
09-07-2005, 01:27 PM
you should know better... even your beach cruiser is bad news!

Run_em_Hard
09-07-2005, 01:36 PM
My opinion, both newer harleys and japs are reliable. They are both comfortable in their own. My old man has a 04 fatboy and I have a custom 02 ninja, if I have rode my bike alot lately, when I get on his I am uncomfortable, 30 miles on his and I am done. But not riding alot and not alot of turns, an hour on mine and I start to feel it. I have done four hour rides on mine. Not to bad. I have never got under 50 mpg on mine and bouncing it off the rev. at about 15.5k rpm doesn't change a thing(yes thats 15500 rpm). I would recomend going to a couple dealerships, sitting on all styles and choose what feels right for you.
BTW KILRTOY: Sell your BMW and buy a real bike! jk!

Mardonzi
09-07-2005, 02:29 PM
There are as many opinions on this topic as there are on which boat to own.. It all comes down to your wants, needs, and desires.
Everyone blasts the Harley Davidson for their maintainence issues and reliability. They are as reliable as the maitainence that goes into them, same as boats.
I have 30k on my 2004 Road King and the only issue that I've had was a rear brake light pressure sensor. Not a bad track record.
As far as comfort, I would say a cruiser, of any manufacturer. The VTX is a good, steady bike also and half the cost. The advantage of the Harley is that it will depreciate a hell of a lot slower and eventually steady out where as the others will continue to depreciate their entire life.
If you choose the Harley, I would strongly suggest looking around at a used one. Let some other fool pay for all the goodies, then reap the benefits after he gets tired of it after the first year. There are quite a few in the Arizona market (neighbor bought an 02 Roadking last year, tricked out, for 13k)

andy01
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
It depend on what you want out of a motorcycle.
If you are trying to live a dream, own the VW bug of Motorcycles, have something you always have to rev at lights to keep running and so eveybody will look at your noisy POS to build your self asteam, and something that leaks oil like the exxon valdis then buy a Harley.
If you want something that is turn key, runs everytime, fuel injected, will run for ever, you don't have to rev to keep running at lights, you don't have to try and twist the throttle off of it to get it up to 55 mph with in a few miles, you like performance, not perfoming maintance, something with some style not some "Biker Bills Chrome kit" then go buy a sport bike.
I love my R1 and wouldn't ride a Harley if they were giving the shit boxes away. If you don't like that type of bike then go BMW. You can't go wrong with the import bikes. I have had three and loved all three of them.
Oh and if anybody tells you to look at resale value go see how much money you have lost on your boat since you bought it. I am sure you will make money on a Harley after all of your repairs on the Harley and wasting thousands of dallors on chrome only to watch it turn to shit from the oil spraying on it...............
If you own a Harley I can only say one thing "Im sorry "
Andy

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 03:06 PM
ok let me throw this out here: anyone hear of these guys...big dog (http://www.bigdogmotorcycles.com)
Do yourself a favor and DONT EVEN LOOK THERE

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Yea If ya t-bone some A-hole that pull's out in front of you, guaranteed shit will break away and crumble! The most effective saftey feature on any bike is defensive driver, awareness, and a little luck. :cool:
Exactly you can be the best in the world but it is the other driver that is gonna get ya... :p

river pickle
09-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Dfinitely custom chops check out rough house cycles in Lake Forest. One word quality. :skull:

Hustler
09-07-2005, 03:28 PM
If you are trying to live a dream, own the VW bug of Motorcycles, have something you always have to rev at lights to keep running and so eveybody will look at your noisy POS to build your self asteam, and something that leaks oil like the exxon valdis then buy a Harley.
If you want something that is turn key, runs everytime, fuel injected, will run for ever, you don't have to rev to keep running at lights, you don't have to try and twist the throttle off of it to get it up to 55 mph with in a few miles, you like performance, not perfoming maintance, something with some style not some "Biker Bills Chrome kit" then go buy a sport bike.
I love my R1 and wouldn't ride a Harley if they were giving the shit boxes away. If you don't like that type of bike then go BMW. You can't go wrong with the import bikes. I have had three and loved all three of them.
Oh and if anybody tells you to look at resale value go see how much money you have lost on your boat since you bought it. I am sure you will make money on a Harley after all of your repairs on the Harley and wasting thousands of dallors on chrome only to watch it turn to shit from the oil spraying on it...............
Andy
clueless, that 10k you spent on the R1 a year ago and is now worth 4k was a smart buy for sure. This whole "ohh they leak oil" and "your repair bills are going to be through the roof" are just a bunch crap that most people have no clue about and are the same people that have never owned or ridden a Harley. Now if we talking about a "special construction" that could be a whole differant story depending the builer. The only reason you see ton of jap crap bikes out there is because any one with a job at Mc Donalds can afford them. :D

speedneeder
09-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I've got 2 Harleys. a 69 (86") that was restored in 2001 and yes, almost impossible to get rid of the 2 drop oil leak. On the other hand I have an 04 Ultra classic with 30K miles and runs perfect with nothing but routine maintenance. No need to rev either of them to keep em running at idle. I've ridden the 69 as far as utah an back to Cal and the ultra cross country. Looking forward to an 06 ultra classic SE version. The conception about breakdowns and oil leaks was very prevalant years ago, some of it from Harley building a poor bike and a lot of it from guys who would wrench on and customize the heck out of em. Certain guys were good at it and many werent. It isnt any different than taking a new car, modfiying the heck out of it and expecting it last as long as a stock one. Modified by the right people and your results are better. My suggestion, like a boat, take a look at what you are going to use it for then start narrowing the field from there. Also, look at who your going to be riding with. Most Harley guys like to ride with others and the same goes for the sport bikes. Its a different style of riding in most cases.

rivercrazy
09-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey I resemble that remark! I worked at a McDonalds in high school! But that was many moons ago.
I respect Harley's and their owners but I still prefer the modern technology, performance, handling, and engine sophistication that the imports have. And the buy in for that technology is so much less so depreciation is not really a material factor.
It all boil's down to what you enjoy riding. Different strokes for different folks.

77charger
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
smooth short fast rides go gsxr(canyons)
short trips cruise vibration go harley(beach)
long smooth rides go goldwing(long road trips all day rides)
I own a gsxr 750 long rides wear me out but the canyons and turns cant be beat just depends on your wants.One thing it is easier to split traffic with too.

RitcheyRch
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Thats some funny stuff.
Are you saying a Harley is more reliable than a Japanese bike? That's a funny one right there!

RitcheyRch
09-07-2005, 04:06 PM
So true and well said.
I guess it depends on how big your tool set is also :wink: If you enjoy working on your bike more than riding it, buy a hardley. If you want a bike to ride buy a Jap bike (doesn't have to be a crotch rocket, maybe just a cruiser). The unbalanced V-twin in a hardley is 80+ year old technology, only kept around because of the "sound". They vibrate like a mother effer because the combustion stroke is one right after the other. Even tho I'm not a hardley fan, and I hate the way they look (way over priced to boot) I think the V-rod is the only hardley worth a shit.
Most of these custom (one off) bikes have almost zero hardley parts on them, shouldn't even be called a harley.
BMW does make a good bike, uglier than dogshit on a hot day, but mechanically very sound and strong.
Honda (I have a Suzuki GSXR-750 race bike, so it's not biased) probably makes the best bang for the buck in the Jap cruisers, very solid, very well made, but a bit pricey compared to other jap bikes.
But you can't argue with what's "cool". Harley is "cool" for cruisers. You pay for it with your pocket book and maintenance but it's what's hot now.
If your into doing track days at the local GP course, you can't go wrong with a GSXR (any size). Tires get expensive when you melt the edges off, but the pucker factor is like none other, not for the faint of heart and have good health/life insurance. :eek:
Race/street bike....Zook
Best cruiser....Goldwing
Best bike for your local mechanic's pocketbook.....Harley (they aslo work well for a conversation piece in your den).
"bling"....one off custom rattlebox, poorly assembled piece of shit (watch the TV shows one time and look how they put them together, have the frame custom painted, THEN drill holes in it and mount shit all over it with the nice new hole they just drilled being left bare steel. Nothing short of brilliant. If it doesn't fit, hit the primary with a bigger mallet.... :hammerhea )
My $1.84

JustMVG
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Let me rephrase that I do not think street bikes except for Mikey's are sexy!! :wink: Sorry Mikey, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :)
Hey never get hurt feelings, but i have a theory on the Harley and Women, aside from the whole Bad Boy/Girl image deal, Harley's and boats with Whackers always seem to get women "going" and it has to be the vibrations from the two, the Street bikes would be like a vibrator set on kill where the whacker and Harley seem to be more in tune with the womens own vibrations. Just a theory, and i ain't no scientizt :p

Coleitis22
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Harley don't make 120cid engine if you have one it's not a harley
Quite wrong. They do make a 124 ci . It's after market and available on special orders.

Coleitis22
09-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey never get hurt feelings, but i have a theory on the Harley and Women, aside from the whole Bad Boy/Girl image deal, Harley's and boats with Whackers always seem to get women "going" and it has to be the vibrations from the two, the Street bikes would be like a vibrator set on kill where the whacker and Harley seem to be more in tune with the womens own vibrations. Just a theory, and i ain't no scientizt :p
Women love riding on the firm seat of a harley. 3rd gear at 3,000 rpm makes em squirm. :smile: :rollside: :rollside:

WaterBox
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Andy
Dude; You are A.F.U.... :hammerhea :messedup:

nodigg
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Andy
Damn Andy! Do you want to voice your opinion on this one or what? Pretty strong feelings for sure. Used to feel that way myself till I put 20k miles on my Harley with no oil leaks, no mechanical problems and lots of fun factor. Oh yeah, and it is still worth today what I paid for it and more. The only problem with the rice rocket variety is after you buy them new, good luck even Finding a buyer for it used. But they do corner better, take off faster and get better mileage. Buy what makes you smile I say.

vdrivenman
09-07-2005, 05:29 PM
get one of your LE guys to buy or order you one on a police fleet deal. can't beat the Price. they may even offer it to FF. check into it. there are several different police models available:
electra glide
road king
dyna
sportster
in my career i've ridden bmw,moto-guzzi,kaw, & harley. the new hd road kings with the abs,after market pipes and remap the computer. they run very good and you can spend a eight hour shift on one and still have a back & kidneys left !

ColeTR2
09-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Andy
Andy you don’t know what you’re talking about. I have a 03 Deuce with 15k miles on it. Not one drop of oil has dripped out of it!! It’s never been in the shop for repairs. It has a counter balanced motor and runs as smooth as any inline four. I have own many sports bikes, and I can tell bye your post you have never owned a real Harley. I'm sorry for you!

RiverRatMike
09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
:confused: BMW best motorcycle made when it comes to safety.......

andy01
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
clueless, that 10k you spent on the R1 a year ago and is now worth 4k was a smart buy for sure. This whole "ohh they leak oil" and "your repair bills are going to be through the roof" are just a bunch crap that most people have no clue about and are the same people that have never owned or ridden a Harley. Now if we talking about a "special construction" that could be a whole differant story depending the builer. The only reason you see ton of jap crap bikes out there is because any one with a job at Mc Donalds can afford them. :D
Clueless..... do your homework on what an R1 cost and how the resales on them.
The dollar amount I paid for my bike is less then what my bike is worth. I know this for a fact, I could sell it today and make money on it. Oh I have owned it for 3 months not a year, if your keeping track. If in fact I did lose 6 grand then that is the price I paid to have fun, I don't really care. You may say what you like about the oil leak and maintance nightmare that a Harley is, but is what it is.
Yes anyone with a Mc Donalds job can afford a bike like mine and I believe you used that same sentence about my DCB before, so it appears to me Mc Donalds is the place to work if you want to have some bad ass shit. Do you want me to talk to the night manager to see if I can get you in?
Happy ridding to all. No matter what you ride, ride safe...........
Andy

andy01
09-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Dude; You are A.F.U.... :hammerhea :messedup:
AFU?

andy01
09-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Andy you don’t know what you’re talking about. I have a 03 Deuce with 15k miles on it. Not one drop of oil has dripped out of it!! It’s never been in the shop for repairs. It has a counter balanced motor and runs as smooth as any inline four. I have own many sports bikes, and I can tell bye your post you have never owned a real Harley. I'm sorry for you!
I never haved owned a Harley nor will I own one until I need a bike with a side car because I am to old to lay over on a street bike. Ride what makes you happy, I wrote my post to the guy that asked what he should buy. I gave my opinion, now if I am "Clueless" then so be it. I will go through life uninformed about Harleys.
Andy

SnakeWrench
09-07-2005, 06:26 PM
You ride what you ride. Personally, I got tired of fixing my Harley all the time and also got tired of wrenching the damned thing every time we stopped for a break. So I got a Japanese bike, promptly put 100K on it and haven't thought about a Harley since. But that's me. I have many friends that ride Harleys, and I still ride with them.

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 06:31 PM
There are two types of riders,
Those who have been down
AND
those that are gonna go down...
Which are you....

77charger
09-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Those who have been down
This one is me turn 5 willow springs

canuck1
09-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Those who have been down
AND
Which are you....
You forgot the third kind.....The ones that wake up in the hospital and don't know why

Hustler
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Clueless..... do your homework on what an R1 cost and how the resales on them.
The dollar amount I paid for my bike is less then what my bike is worth. I know this for a fact, I could sell it today and make money on it. Oh I have owned it for 3 months not a year, if your keeping track. If in fact I did lose 6 grand then that is the price I paid to have fun, I don't really care. You may say what you like about the oil leak and maintance nightmare that a Harley is, but is what it is.
Yes anyone with a Mc Donalds job can afford a bike like mine and I believe you used that same sentence about my DCB before, so it appears to me Mc Donalds is the place to work if you want to have some bad ass shit. Do you want me to talk to the night manager to see if I can get you in?
Happy ridding to all. No matter what you ride, ride safe...........
Andy
Ok I stand corrected on the resale of a 05 R1, there in the trader all day for 8k and you can buy them new for 10.9k. Now lets see thats a more than 2k hit in less than a year. Great investment!! I'm sure your bike is like brand new and probably never been over 3500rpm just like the Ultra. And I never said a thing about the DCB. As far giving some one advice on some thing maybe you should do your home work before you open your mouth and give them some bogus info.

andy01
09-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Ok I stand corrected on the resale of a 05 R1, there in the trader all day for 8k and you can buy them new for 10.9k. Now lets see thats a more than 2k hit in less than a year. Great investment!! I'm sure your bike is like brand new and probably never been over 3500rpm just like the Ultra. And I never said a thing about the DCB. As far giving some one advice on some thing maybe you should do your home work before you open your mouth and give them some bogus info.
Ha ha now that is funny, trying to take a jab about my Ultra.
Well if you found a 05 R1 for 8k then buy it and make money on it. I know that all of the dealers are getting well over a thousand over sticker for them. The numbers I heard were 14-15K out the door. Yeah for a guy like you, you may consider a bike an investment. To me if it is worth nothing I didn't buy it hoping to make money on it. (But I will) It's just another toy. Bogus info, looks like you are giving bogus info right now. I have known people that own Harleys friends of friends one of my neighbors that all say the same thing I am saying AND THEY OWN/HAVE OWNED them. So what I am saying is only what I have heard from owners.
Andy

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 07:33 PM
05 R1
10,999 Out The Door Today....

JustMVG
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Kilr where was that at, and please do not put up LA Cycles!!!

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 07:41 PM
Kilr where was that at, and please do not put up LA Cycles!!!
Ok I won't LA bike bargins

JustMVG
09-07-2005, 07:43 PM
That seems a little low for that bike, hottest thing going out the door right now, if it's for real, heck i'd even jump on it if i could, i wonder if thats the price using Suzuki credit or rebate, any fine print on the ad, and is that brand new

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 07:46 PM
go to WWW.LABIKEBARGINS.COM
They have almost every make on there with the price....

77charger
09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
05 R1
10,999 Out The Door Today....
rather have the gixxer 750 for less.:D
JUST MY PREFERENCE THOUGH AND FOR MY USE to go canyon riding.It is still today considered the best all around track bike(holds the most track records)
My boss has owned harleys never any probs and he put lots of miles on them never really lost money on them then went to a busa like dit better for longer rides just smoother.

JustMVG
09-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Got the same price for the CBR1000RR and that bike is definitely not flying out the door.

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Harleys that get ridden daily and alot of miles get put on them usually have little to no problems...
it's the harley's owned by the weekend REBEL RIDERS that have problems....
you know the ones that have 1k in miles after a year ok maybe 3 K....
The problem is the heat expansion and then they get cold and sit... The after time they get heated up and , well you all can see... the rings seals and so on just cant take it...oil begins

Hustler
09-07-2005, 08:02 PM
pick up a cycle trader and see what the real world is selling there bikes for. L.A. Cycles has brand new R1's for 10.9k OTD and there is a hand full of used ones for 8k. So check your facts before you start spewing your BS. And that was'nt a jab, just facts again:D

JustMVG
09-07-2005, 08:08 PM
10,999 sucks you into the door and then they got ya and then they screw ya!!! And thats a fact!! :p

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Just get this family bike
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213poorkid.gif

Hustler
09-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I have had several buddies buy dirt bikes and quads from them and the price OTD was always what was published.

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:13 PM
I have had several buddies buy dirt bikes and quads from them and the price OTD was always what was published.
I Agree I know a few people here that have paid exactly what the WEBSITE said.....
Even other dealers ssaid they can't compete with them and have no clue how they do it...
I guess it would be called volume....

MAINEVENT
09-07-2005, 08:17 PM
I Agree I know a few people here that have paid exactly what the WEBSITE said.....
Even other dealers ssaid they can't compete with them and have no clue how they do it...
From what i understood is that they sub out their Assembly to an outside company who is not certified i have heard from many people who bought their bikes their say that they constantly are missing bolts
My advise spend the extra cash remember you buy cheap you'll get cheap.... :notam:

Hustler
09-07-2005, 08:17 PM
from what I understand they ship alot of bikes to gods knows where and thats how they can sell for the price they do but if you want a dealer who will take care of you when things need fixin buy some where else as LA cycles has no service department

Hustler
09-07-2005, 08:18 PM
buy the way Alex, the 450 looks like new again:D Thanks

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:21 PM
What did you do WASH IT....

MAINEVENT
09-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Did you take it out yet :cry: I miss that bike more than my banshee now their is a big open space in my garage :cry:

MAINEVENT
09-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Fock Off :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Fock Off :hammer2:
You first......

Hustler
09-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I had to after I had my way with it in the garage :jawdrop: :D

MAINEVENT
09-07-2005, 08:24 PM
You first......
You've been drinking biznatch :220v:

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 08:37 PM
You've been drinking biznatch :220v:
No,
The misses is here and will not be happy

andy01
09-07-2005, 08:53 PM
pick up a cycle trader and see what the real world is selling there bikes for. L.A. Cycles has brand new R1's for 10.9k OTD and there is a hand full of used ones for 8k. So check your facts before you start spewing your BS. And that was'nt a jab, just facts again:D
Well you guys may call it how you see it, if in fact that is the price out the door (06's are just around the corner) then great for the guys buying thier R1's now, I still paid less then that for mine so I am in a great spot.
I see your stating facts like the rest of your bullshit Joe, my Ultra hit 6,400 rpm. So your 3,500 fact is like the rest of your motorcycle bull, nothing but bull. Just facts, did you ever get your boat to break 50? :confused:
Andy

Big Kahunaa
09-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Quite wrong. They do make a 124 ci . It's after market and available on special orders.
I'm sorry I ride a honda don't spend to much time in the harley book.
but i will keep my vtx 1800 and any one with a harley I get off form Micky D's a 10:00 and we will go race bing your cash in need to make my bike payment

andy01
09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry I ride a honda don't spend to much time in the harley book.
but i will keep my vtx 1800 and any one with a harley I get off form Micky D's a 10:00 and we will go race bing your cash in need to make my bike payment
I have to clean out the ice cream machine, when I get done can I come watch the Harley spin out in its own oil slick?
Andy

Big Kahunaa
09-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I have to clean out the ice cream machine, when I get done can I come watch the Harley spin out in its own oil slick?
Andy
Hell yes can you bring me cone

cola
09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Andy
Andy, didn't your mother teach you anything. You could of just told him the R1 is a bitchen bike. Bashing the competiton never lends credibility to your cause. :rolleyes:
Just ride, Mike

andy01
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Andy, didn't your mother teach you anything. You could of just told him the R1 is a bitchen bike. Bashing the competiton never lends credibility to your cause. :rolleyes:
Just ride, Mike
I wasn't really trying to bash the other bike. It just appairs that way...... :D

Hustler
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Well you guys may call it how you see it, if in fact that is the price out the door (06's are just around the corner) then great for the guys buying thier R1's now, I still paid less then that for mine so I am in a great spot.
I see your stating facts like the rest of your bullshit Joe, my Ultra hit 6,400 rpm. So your 3,500 fact is like the rest of your motorcycle bull, nothing but bull. Just facts, did you ever get your boat to break 50? :confused:
Andy
Oh wait thats right it did hit 6400, with Dave driving it and you screaming like a little bitch at him to slow down (Fact). We could go on with this all day Andy. The fact you come on here and call peoples stuff shit box's because you dont agree with what they purchased is Bullshit. What hell makes you think you can talk shit to every one and not get it in return? You need to get over your self Pal.
Heres another quality post of yours raggin on some one elses pride and joy.
Wasn't it not long ago you had a lame 21' open bow?
Now run along and put some pictures of your wife up somewhere........
Andy

cola
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
I wasn't really trying to bash the other bike. It just appairs that way...... :D
I don't know how I got the wrong impression.
Sorry, Mike ;)

andy01
09-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Oh wait thats right it did hit 6400, with Dave driving it and you screaming like a little bitch at him to slow down (Fact). We could go on with this all day Andy. The fact you come on here and call peoples stuff shit box's because you dont agree with what they purchased is Bullshit. What hell makes you think you can talk shit to every one and not get it in return? You need to get over your self Pal.
Heres another quality post of yours raggin on some one elses pride and joy.
I believe you are wrong again, I don't think Dave did push it to 6,400 but that doesn't matter......
That is three boats ago........ what boat is it you are driving now? :cry:
Of course I would expect people to talk shit about MY R1 in return, why wouldn't they? Did you want to talk about resale some more? If that is all that is wrong with owning a R1 then I guess I made the right choice. Okay Pal.....
And yes there is another quality post of mine taken out of context...... so I don't like Shockwaves. Now what?
Andy

andy01
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't know how I got the wrong impression.
Sorry, Mike ;)
Yeah I don't know what made you get the idea I didn't really like Harleys.
Andy

cola
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah I don't know what made you get the idea I didn't really like Harleys.
Andy
NO SHIT

Hustler
09-07-2005, 09:33 PM
How was that taken out of context? It was quoted. You know what boat I still have. If I wanted to have huge boat payment that my wife had to make for me I would but I prefer to pay cash for all my toys:D

RiverToysJas
09-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah......this is going very well in deed!!! :D
Harley's Rules!!! :cool:
RTJas :D ......checking the resale value on my boat right now....

Hustler
09-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Oh yeah......this is going very well in deed!!! :D
Harley's Rules!!! :cool:
RTJas :D ......checking the resale value on my boat right now....
why bother? it's just another shit box :p :D

RiverToysJas
09-07-2005, 09:39 PM
why bother? it's just another shit box :p :D
What can I say, it was all my wife could afford. :notam:

Hustler
09-07-2005, 09:41 PM
What can I say, it was all my wife could afford. :notam:
LMFAO

andy01
09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
How was that taken out of context? It was quoted. You know what boat I still have. If I wanted to have huge boat payment that my wife had to make for me I would but I prefer to pay cash for all my toys:D
You really are full of shit aren't you Joe. Yes it is nice that we are both successful and able to buy nice things. Now do you want to messure dicks or are you done?
Andy

cola
09-07-2005, 09:50 PM
You really are full of shit aren't you Joe. Yes it is nice that we are both successful and able to buy nice things. Now do you want to messure dicks or are you done?
Andy
I don't think we need to see this. :sqeyes:

Kilrtoy
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Now do you want to messure dicks or are you done?
Andy
Now you have really crossed the line.....

Hustler
09-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm far from being full of shit Andy. just step down off the pedastool you put your self on and move along.:D

disco_charger
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I thought that Harley's got over being shitty after the AMF days. Personal preference, I'd like to have an R1, or maybe an old V Max. I could never look at a vehicle as an investment, since that's based on whims and coolness. Last gas crunch they were giving away muscle cars. Now look at them. If gas keeps going up, it might be the same for them. You never know when the next Fast and the Furious movie is going to change minds. Since I can't ball like the rest of you, or afford the payments it takes, I'll have to stick to my Trail 70. :frown:

Big Kahunaa
09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
[ or maybe an old V Max. ]
good choice those things kick a$$

blackcloud75
09-07-2005, 10:47 PM
You want me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=83673&password=&sort=7&thecat=998
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=83671&password=&sort=7&thecat=998
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=83670&password=&sort=7&thecat=998

blackcloud75
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Now you have really crossed the line.....
I am hung like a LIGHT SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAFD
09-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Well this thread went great now didnt it. thanks everyone for your views on bikes. will see what goes down. carry on.

rivercrazy
09-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Those who have been down
AND
Which are you....
I resemble this remark as well. Down twice.
#1) Once up on Highway 2. Off camber turn. Miscalculated the apex and hit some sand. Down at 55mph. Walked away but lost a considerable amount of skin on my backside.
#2) Stupid judgement error. Went off riding late at night to cruise the neighboorhood. Very dark went around a corner at 15mph, leaned it over too far in some gravel I couldn't see. Down I went. No injuries or significant damage to the bike.
My skills are considerably better than they have ever been. However, I will go down again someday if I keep riding. But the chances of this are less given my current riding style and the roads I ride.

rivercrazy
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
IMO other things going for sport bikes are all the technology derived from racing, engine advancements, advanced carb/EFI, frame geometry, frame strength and quality mfg, suspension, ergonmics, brakes, etc. You get a lot of that for the price of entry.
Riding style is key. Do you want to cruise on freeways and wide turning canyons? Do you want a bike that looks cool and can be customized to bling levels? A bike that the majority of peeps ride? A bike that ain't that fast but is has more than adequate power? Get the Harley or a Japanese cruiser. Advantage on resale goes to Harley in the current environment.
If you like charge in canyons with lots of tight twisties. You like to have the fastest stock vehicles on the planet. Appreciate piloting basically a bike that is very close to what comes off the race track (and all the technology and performance that affords. And enjoy the sport bike experience for the pure joy of "riding". Get a sport bike. While resale is not as strong as Harley's, the buy in for what you get is extremely reasonable. You could purchase 2-3 sport bikes for the cost of a stock Harley.
I made my choice of a Yamaha FZ1. Its a nice compromise between the styles. I wasn't ready to slow down enough to settle for a cruiser. But too old to abuse my back, wrists and neck to go down the R1, GSXR, etc route. The FZ1 has almost the performance of those bikes but in a much more comfortable package. I can ride canyons, cruise highways, etc and still be comfortable over long rides. And its comfortable for my wife at the same time.
Good luck with your decision. Have fun with it!

JustMVG
09-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Ok I won't LA bike bargins
And on the front page of the website, affiliated w La Cycles,
And the sales guy is the same jim at both places.

Froggystyle
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
I just bought a Ducati Monster S4R last week. Kind of the best of both worlds. It is a big, angry V-twin and a sportbike at heart. The riding position is far more comfortable and upright than the superbike Ducati it is based on, and it is much nicer to have a passenger on. The 996 engine in it is awesome as well. Wheelies at 3000 rpm and up. Truly agricultural.
Best of luck to you on your search! Lots of great bikes out there....

rivercrazy
09-08-2005, 12:26 PM
I just bought a Ducati Monster S4R last week. Kind of the best of both worlds. It is a big, angry V-twin and a sportbike at heart. The riding position is far more comfortable and upright than the superbike Ducati it is based on, and it is much nicer to have a passenger on. The 996 engine in it is awesome as well. Wheelies at 3000 rpm and up. Truly agricultural.
Best of luck to you on your search! Lots of great bikes out there....
I looked hard at this bike as well. Nice choice. Very similar in concept to my FZ1.

JustMVG
09-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Good choice Wes, sort of a dream to someday own a Duc. Have fun.

blackcloud75
09-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Ducati.........Nice!!!!

rivercrazy
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
So what kind of bike does everyone have? What kind of riding do you do?
Me - 2003 Yamaha FZ1
Riding - Almost all canyon riding. Very little on sidestreets or the freeways. Mostly in the Santa Monica Mountains (Saddlepeak, Mulholland, Stunt Road, Piuma, etc.)

Hustler
09-08-2005, 03:23 PM
I spend most of my time picking up my bike because I keep sliping in all the oil it seeps :D

rivercrazy
09-08-2005, 03:28 PM
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!
Why even put oil in it? It won't run anyway! No more slipping!
FTR - I've seen Hustler's bike. Its as clean as a whistle but louder than one! :D

disco_charger
09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
1976 Honda CT 70
Cocktail cruising the masterplanned community, occasionally ridden to the pool!

slingingsmoke
09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
pedal power scooter!

Big Kahunaa
09-08-2005, 04:04 PM
03 (bought new in 04 for cheap) vtx 1800
I bought this bike because it is what i wanted not because it is what i could afford it is nice that i did not have to spend 27,000+++ to get the same perfomace out of a harley plus it came with a free radiator

RiverToysJas
09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
My kid is into sport bikes....
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rivertoys/04_fam_gal/images/DSC01221.jpg
http://www.fieffer.net/spring_05/images/DSC00145.jpg
Chicks dig'em too...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rivertoys/04_fam_gal/images/DSC01224.jpg
RTJas :D

JustMVG
09-08-2005, 10:24 PM
My wife is on mine in the avatar, 02 CBR 600F4I, Rivercrazy you should come out this way during midweek, you can blast the whole north side of ACH from the 14 south all day long and not see any CHP or Sheriff, then theres the 138 east of the I15 to Silverwood lake, great stuff, some nice long sweepers and then some great twisty stuff on up to crestline, great ride.
Hows the traffic up on Mulholland, you running near Malibu or from Coldwater to Laurel Cyn?
Used to live out that way and did all the rides out there, the IE has some great rides check out Pashnit.com for some maps and descriptions of the routes.

JustMVG
09-08-2005, 10:28 PM
My kid is into sport bikes....
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rivertoys/04_fam_gal/images/DSC01221.jpg
http://www.fieffer.net/spring_05/images/DSC00145.jpg
Chicks dig'em too...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~rivertoys/04_fam_gal/images/DSC01224.jpg
RTJas :D
No Helmet No Leathers with pucks, Jason whats wrong with this pic? :D , we're gonna need some more american riders in MotoGP, Hayden won't be there forever!!! Hope to see some pics of your son knee draggin, pegs sparkin'

SoCalOffshore
09-09-2005, 07:35 AM
2005 HD Screamin Eagle Electra Glide. 103 cubic inches of fun!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/100c2.jpg

Wild Horses
09-09-2005, 08:00 AM
Here's Mine. It was what me and the wife wanted nothing else matters.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/21391HD1BXB144Y040486.jpg

rivercrazy
09-09-2005, 10:23 AM
My wife is on mine in the avatar, 02 CBR 600F4I, Rivercrazy you should come out this way during midweek, you can blast the whole north side of ACH from the 14 south all day long and not see any CHP or Sheriff, then theres the 138 east of the I15 to Silverwood lake, great stuff, some nice long sweepers and then some great twisty stuff on up to crestline, great ride.
Hows the traffic up on Mulholland, you running near Malibu or from Coldwater to Laurel Cyn?
Used to live out that way and did all the rides out there, the IE has some great rides check out Pashnit.com for some maps and descriptions of the routes.
Sounds like fun. We should get a group together for a ride like that.
Actually most of my riding is further west. I normally start out around Las Virgenes or Lost Hills and ride the roads from there. Pretty lightly traveled except certain portions of Mullhulland. Stunt Rd is one of my favorites. A stop by the Rock Store is also usually in order on Sunday mornings. More often than not Jay Leno stops by there with some really cool rides. And he wrenches on his own stuff and that is pretty impressive. Nice down to hear dude.

azgfboatgirl
09-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Go with the Fat Boy!! :D :D

unleashed
09-09-2005, 10:40 AM
I think all the above bikes are cool! Its all about the riding and enjoyment they bring to the individual. "Just Ride" is my moto! By the way the rider we sponsor ended up 5th this year in Superstock Series and 22nd in Superbike...Congrats to John Haner and another great year!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/249Haner_Daytona_05.jpg
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

WaterBox
09-10-2005, 10:28 AM
AFU?
Yes, that would be, All Fu**ed Up.. :mix:

CA Stu
09-10-2005, 11:14 AM
http://www.vespaatlanta.com/images/bikes/pink1_sm.jpg

JustMVG
09-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Sounds like fun. We should get a group together for a ride like that.
Actually most of my riding is further west. I normally start out around Las Virgenes or Lost Hills and ride the roads from there. Pretty lightly traveled except certain portions of Mullhulland. Stunt Rd is one of my favorites. A stop by the Rock Store is also usually in order on Sunday mornings. More often than not Jay Leno stops by there with some really cool rides. And he wrenches on his own stuff and that is pretty impressive. Nice down to hear dude.
Has he brought the Jet Bike up there yet?
That thing is insane, the faster it goes the faster it wants to go, and when you let off the throttle the turbine takes time to spool down, so it'll keep accelerating, wouldn't be much fun on the 405

rivercrazy
09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Yea - I've seen that bike once. The sound was insane......in a good way.
He's also brought his steam powered car and a bunch of other bad ass old school rides

Froggystyle
09-10-2005, 12:05 PM
We should all do a ride later this year after the river season winds down. I hate the sand, so I have nothing but free weekends!

JustMVG
09-10-2005, 12:12 PM
A ride would be cool, maybe a charity thing for Katrina Vics.
Or a Track Day @ Willow or Cal Speedway