PDA

View Full Version : Any Las Vegas Metro PD on here???

Creator
09-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I have some questions about my house being robbed($30K+) and a detective that refuses to do his job properly and has admitted to "dropping the ball".

Creator
09-07-2005, 08:55 PM
ok, does anyone know anyone from the Metro PD, I really need some help here. They have so many leads and our detective still won't follow up on them.
Thinking I need to hire a PI, anybody ever do this?

HocusPocus
09-07-2005, 10:08 PM
hire a lawyer. :lightsabe

HighRoller
09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Where do you live?

River918
09-08-2005, 06:26 AM
ok, does anyone know anyone from the Metro PD, I really need some help here. They have so many leads and our detective still won't follow up on them.
Thinking I need to hire a PI, anybody ever do this?
Call his supervisor......Just remember, there's a differnece between a "lead" and a "hunch" of who did it...

RiverToysJas
09-08-2005, 07:06 AM
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun_images/ATeam.jpg
RTJas :D

Creator
09-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Call his supervisor......Just remember, there's a differnece between a "lead" and a "hunch" of who did it...
You're right, A lead would be the fact that he lived in our house for over 3 weeks and left behind a bill of sale for a car (no doubt bought with money from our pawned goods)with his name, address, ss#, and notarized, as well as over 40 fingerprints of afis(sp) quality through out the house. The CSI said it was an easy match, not to mention they left behind a broken meth pipe with prints. Some of the prints came back to the name on the Bill of sale while others came back to some female who has a record. An antique store met with him and saw some of our stuff but knew it was stolen so sent them away and took down the rental truck name, number and License plate. They gave the info to our detective.
The detective didn't even know about half the evidence until we told him about it. He then went to the address listed on th BOS and said the man wasn't living there for the last 4 weeks. DUH, he was living in our house!!!
Next we find the guy's in jail. What does the detective do? Calls us and says He won't talk to me. (ME)UM, We have his prints, Name, SS#, Address and his unflushed fecal matter! Can't you lean on him a bit. (him)"Well, I am really busy, I'm sorry I really dropped the ball on this one. I'll see if I can find something, I really need to go. I'll call when I find something". Now it's been over 2 months, the a$$hole has been released, the detective never met with the guy and now won't return our phone calls. We have spoken to his supervisor and all we get from him is a "I'm sorry he hasn't returned your call, I will have him call you".
I could careless about the money or the crystal, china, flatware, etc. (most of it can be replaced), but the house use to belong to Foster Brooks (the lovable lush) a comedian from back in the day. He use to hang with the rat pack and is also my womans grandfather (or was, he passed a few years ago). The thing that really sucks is they took all the personal memorabilia given to him over the years. Most of it has no cash value and both the cops and the CSI feel it was taken not to sell but to furnish his place. The detective admitted to never setting foot in the house on the bill of sale, just asked if the guy was there and left.
I am so pissed... I could go on but what's the point. You guys understand I'm sure.

Billy Heinlein
09-08-2005, 09:02 AM
That really sucks; if I were you I would call the local paper and talk to a reporter. They always love making the cops look like idiots, and in this case they don't need a lot of help. You will be surprised on how their level of interest changes when you go public, just my 2 cents.

PHOTOGLOU
09-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Might sound like a load of shiat but try the Chief of police (elected offical) the city council and the Mayor's office They hate facts that may make thier city look stupid.... just my .02

Riverkid
09-08-2005, 09:28 AM
I have a friend working Metro. I just emailed him the thread link...

RP1
09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Might sound like a load of shiat but try the Chief of police (elected offical) the city council and the Mayor's office They hate facts that may make thier city look stupid.... just my .02
This will usually get results. Your elected officials hate bad publicity in their disrict. They will contact the Chief or Captains and demand results.

Creator
09-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the ideas and the help.
I really don't want to be a whistle blower but it may come to that.
RiverKid, Thank You. Keep me posted if he contacts you.
I can give you the investigation # and all the info if he wants it.

slink
09-08-2005, 11:41 AM
You're right, A lead would be the fact that he lived in our house for over 3 weeks and left behind a bill of sale for a car (no doubt bought with money from our pawned goods)with his name, address, ss#, and notarized, as well as over 40 fingerprints of afis(sp) quality through out the house. The CSI said it was an easy match, not to mention they left behind a broken meth pipe with prints. Some of the prints came back to the name on the Bill of sale while others came back to some female who has a record. An antique store met with him and saw some of our stuff but knew it was stolen so sent them away and took down the rental truck name, number and License plate. They gave the info to our detective.
The detective didn't even know about half the evidence until we told him about it. He then went to the address listed on th BOS and said the man wasn't living there for the last 4 weeks. DUH, he was living in our house!!!
Next we find the guy's in jail. What does the detective do? Calls us and says He won't talk to me. (ME)UM, We have his prints, Name, SS#, Address and his unflushed fecal matter! Can't you lean on him a bit. (him)"Well, I am really busy, I'm sorry I really dropped the ball on this one. I'll see if I can find something, I really need to go. I'll call when I find something". Now it's been over 2 months, the a$$hole has been released, the detective never met with the guy and now won't return our phone calls. We have spoken to his supervisor and all we get from him is a "I'm sorry he hasn't returned your call, I will have him call you".
I could careless about the money or the crystal, china, flatware, etc. (most of it can be replaced), but the house use to belong to Foster Brooks (the lovable lush) a comedian from back in the day. He use to hang with the rat pack and is also my womans grandfather (or was, he passed a few years ago). The thing that really sucks is they took all the personal memorabilia given to him over the years. Most of it has no cash value and both the cops and the CSI feel it was taken not to sell but to furnish his place. The detective admitted to never setting foot in the house on the bill of sale, just asked if the guy was there and left.
I am so pissed... I could go on but what's the point. You guys understand I'm sure.
Was this person somehow aquainted to you? Why was he living in your house, or was it an unlawful entry and he squatted for three weeks. Just curious.

Creator
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
It's a vacation home and he was squatting. He/they were pretty sneaky, my neighbors didn't even notice him until the place was almost cleaned out. One neighbor remembered seeing "someone" a few weeks ago after we had the cops come through and do a full investigation. Again this happened a few months ago so by now the leads are pretty dried up.
They even took our trash cans!!!

MudPumper
09-08-2005, 07:37 PM
I have some questions about my house being robbed($30K+) and a detective that refuses to do his job properly and has admitted to "dropping the ball".
Your house was Burglarized, not robbed. Good luck with everything.
:idea: ;) ;)

probablecause
09-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Your house was Burglarized, not robbed. Good luck with everything.
:idea: ;) ;) exactly... only people can be robbed. :coffeycup

Creator
09-08-2005, 09:14 PM
exactly... only people can be robbed. :coffeycup
And this helps me how?

Run_em_Hard
09-09-2005, 06:03 AM
I am sorry to hear this. Hope everything works out. And I also agree with talking to a news paper, first I would try the chief of police and the mayor. I have had to do that and the mayor got shit done.