PDA

View Full Version : question about alpine amps

LAFD
09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
i just installed a system in my boat and have a couple questions about the amps. i have two amps a mrdm605 sub amp and a mrvf345 for the speakers. first question is are the fans supposed to run constant or just at a certain temp. cause ihavent seen them run yet. though ive only played the sterio for a max of 10 minutes. second questions is that when i turned the sterio up to around 25 the sub amp shut down. now i have all the settings on the amp pretty low but it sayin it has to much voltage. what would cause this...

57American
09-07-2005, 01:12 PM
.... now i have all the settings on the amp pretty low but it sayin it has to much voltage. what would cause this...
What boat are you doing the install in? Can you measure the voltage at the amp and tell us what the reading is?

ROZ
09-07-2005, 01:55 PM
12.2 volts is what I heard... Deck is only a 2v RCA output and amp gains are turned down... only this amp goes into protection mode, the other does not...Chance is something wrong with the amp, and I hear a replacement is already on the way :D
I don't think it has a fan... The computer controlled thermal protection circuit monitors the amp's temp and decreases output by 6db until the amp's temp comes down...

LAFD
09-07-2005, 02:23 PM
12.2 volts is what I heard... Deck is only a 2v RCA output and amp gains are turned down... only this amp goes into protection mode, the other does not...Chance is something wrong with the amp, and I hear a replacement is already on the way :D
I don't think it has a fan... The computer controlled thermal protection circuit monitors the amp's temp and decreases output by 6db until the amp's temp comes down...
in the beginning the voltage read 12.1. but runnin the sterio here and there dropped down to 11.9 so im gunna have to charge the battery soon. and oh i did hear there might be a replacement but wasnt sure if it was true. woo hoo. :D one both amp looks to be fans on them i blew in them and the little blades spun. but never have turned on???

ROZ
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
in the beginning the voltage read 12.1. but runnin the sterio here and there dropped down to 11.9 so im gunna have to charge the battery soon. and oh i did hear there might be a replacement but wasnt sure if it was true. woo hoo. :D one both amp looks to be fans on them i blew in them and the little blades spun. but never have turned on???
Then they come on when the operating temp is high.... The amps are "computer controlled" :D....

LAFD
09-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Then they come on when the operating temp is high.... The amps are "computer controlled" :D....
roger that. havent run them long enough to get hot enough.

riverbound
09-08-2005, 06:56 AM
Sounds high tech :lightsabe

LAFD
09-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Sounds high tech :lightsabe
some crazy shizzit. just more crap to go wrong thats all.

riverbound
09-08-2005, 07:35 AM
some crazy shizzit. just more crap to go wrong thats all.
Yep...never buy an amp that's smarter then you. It will just make you look dumb whne things go wrong :D
j/k I have actually heard lots of good things about the Alpine amps. I know the guys at Al&Eds have used them quite a bit and have been pretty happy with them.

LAFD
09-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Yep...never buy an amp that's smarter then you. It will just make you look dumb whne things go wrong :D
j/k I have actually heard lots of good things about the Alpine amps. I know the guys at Al&Eds have used them quite a bit and have been pretty happy with them.
yeah there cool amps but like always say the more stuff somethin has the more that can go wrong. but hey its only money right?? :D

riverbound
09-08-2005, 07:42 AM
yeah there cool amps but like always say the more stuff somethin has the more that can go wrong. but hey its only money right?? :D
Got that right...cant take it with you. ;)