PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card...Am I Screwed???

Chico&Zeus
09-07-2005, 05:40 PM
This weekend, we went to this custom furniture store, we saw a hand built rocking chair/bench that my wife had to have for our master bedroom. The clerk says it's on hold for another customer but that she would call them to see if they could sell us the floor model and reorder one for the people that it was held for. About an hour later they call us and tell us that the other customer agreed. We return to the store and give our credit card to make sure it can't be sold out from under us...I ask if I can pick it up later, and that I need to make sure it will fit where my wife wants to put it. They said sure. We go home to get the pickup and I check the measurements and find that there's no way in hell I can jam it into the nook where she wanted to put it. I call the store and ask if they can just credit back my card and to apoligize that it's not going to work out for us...then the store get's all sh1tty with me! "We don't return items, only exchange or store credit" I look at the receipt and that's what it says...but not on the receipt we signed, only the one you get after they run the card! I ask for a manager and get told that she is gone untill Tuesday. I hung up and called my credit card company, they said they will file a dispute but didn't make me feel very confident. I talked to the manager today, and she is not going to help me out, she said take the chair or a store credit...my only problem is now that they are being such a$$ holes, I would never purchase anything from them again! Do I have any hope of getting my card credited???

Man-de-lone
09-07-2005, 05:50 PM
If they didn't show you the policy in advance I would say............yes.
What a lame store. :confused:

Creator
09-07-2005, 05:57 PM
You do not have the chair? Tell them to pound sand and call your credit card company.
If only it were that simple. If they Have a sign posted in the store stating their policy (store credit or exchange NO refunds) he's screwed. Been down that road before. Sometimes the credit card company can get them to back down but if it's posted there's not much you can do.
Good Luck I hope you get the $$$ back.

Tom Brown
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Product was never received so he can refuse the charge on his CC and cite non receipt of goods. That will set into motion the correct chain of events and he'll definitely be interviewed by CC people but I'd be surprised if he has to pay.
It would be different if he took delivery of the item and signed an agreement that waives his right to return. He's not returning anything.
I'll be surprised if the CC company makes the transaction stick and they have the right to withold funds. Why deal with the dick wads? The CC company will know what the correct and most likely legal settlement needs to be.

Caribbean Jet
09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Furniture stores suck!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife ordered a set of couches from a company and picked the fabric and all the good stuff. Well they kept calling saying that there is a delay several times. Well come to find out they could not get anymore fabric for the couch. We were a little bumbed even offered to try and find a different fabric we both liked but we said ok just give us back our money and we'll be on our way. They're like sorry no refunds. Long story short it took MONTHS to get anywhere. There were a couple of times when I was about to knock out the owner of teh store and his sh*ty attitude. Our Credit card company stuck by us and got the job done. It took like 11 months but we finally got the money back.

C-2
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I agree you stand a good chance of getting the charge reversed. Especially if it was your understanding the purchase was contingent on the chair fitting your needs. If you can create a "he said, she said" scenario, your CC company will side with you.
I recently needed to get a room in downtown LA on short notice...and then cancelled it a few hours later. The hotel (Wilshire Grand nonetheless) said no way; CC company reversed the charge, siding with me.
People burn my father in-law (surfboards) all the time, even after they sign and take delivery...without any complaints. They charge them back because it works.

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 07:26 PM
you still doing massage therapy?tough to get the product back,,,,hehe :D ,,,didnt i owe you that for something a few days back,i cant remember

LAVEYSABRE575
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
you never left with any tangible merchandise, it doesnt matter what you signed or didnt sign the store has air (the center of a donut) until you leave with the merch....derek

riverroyal
09-07-2005, 07:32 PM
gonna get ugly from here on out tonight,,,,,, :sleeping:

Jet City
09-07-2005, 07:33 PM
you still doing massage therapy?tough to get the product back,,,,hehe :D ,,,didnt i owe you that for something a few days back,i cant remember
Hand Finish

IN2-IN2MX
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Those jerks! Deal directly with the cc company...have them deny payment.