PDA

View Full Version : DMV Help

Up 4 River
09-09-2005, 08:38 AM
I wanted to see if anyone could help guide me on a matter or see if anyone on here works for the DMV? I sold my old Chevy Tahoe in April 2005 and mailed in the release of liability to the DMV. Yesterday I got some mail from a police department and a towing company informing me I had outstanding tickets on that truck, the car was inpowded and the driver was arrested. Long story short the new owner never registered the truck when he bought it and all those things haad happened since I sold it. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this? Any idea on the steps I need to take to clear this up and clear my name?
Thanks,
U4R

HocusPocus
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
if you can get proof of the realease of liability you won't be held responsible. did you fill out a bill of sale also when you sold it?

dimarcobros
09-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I wanted to see if anyone could help guide me on a matter or see if anyone on here works for the DMV? I sold my old Chevy Tahoe in April 2005 and mailed in the release of liability to the DMV. Yesterday I got some mail from a police department and a towing company informing me I had outstanding tickets on that truck, the car was inpowded and the driver was arrested. Long story short the new owner never registered the truck when he bought it and all those things haad happened since I sold it. Has anyone dealt with a situation like this? Any idea on the steps I need to take to clear this up and clear my name?
Thanks,
U4R
Not a good situation buddy. Did you talk to Danny Pfau about it? We might have a guy that use to do favors for my dad, not sure if he still works at the DMV though.
Shep

Up 4 River
09-09-2005, 08:54 AM
I have the bill of sale that we signed but I mailed in the release of liability back in April when I sold it. The DMV is not showing the release of liability was ever received. I'll get this figured out today one way or the other.

dimarcobros
09-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Give me a call when you get a chance, we might be able to help you out.
DMB

Kilrtoy
09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Go to the dmv get , fill out another ROL... Wait in the start here line show the clerk the bill of sale and she will stamp it. make sure you use the origanl dates not the day you are at the DMV...
Call the PD ask for Auto's and explain and if they need they will ask you to stop by , if to far just fax it to them.

Ziggy
09-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Provide a copy of the ROL...and/or Bill of Sale
I also know of someone who reclaimed his old vehicle when it had been impounded and not re-resistered after he'd sold it....He paid the impound/ticket fees then towed it back home as his again.

HocusPocus
09-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Provide a copy of the ROL...and/or Bill of Sale
I also know of someone who reclaimed his old vehicle when it had been impounded and not re-resistered after he'd sold it....He paid the impound/ticket fees then towed it back home as his again.
thats exactly what happened to a neighbor of mine.. ended up selling the truck twice.